X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dipsofjazz
    I love that part too...

Thanks for that vid. I might just watch that episode later tonight.

Comment

There's another nice moment in the briefing room during Crystal Skull...

It's almost like she knew instinctively that he was going to look at her...*sigh* just another indication of how deep their connection is...

Sig by RepliCartertje

Comment

Originally posted by nell

Overall, I felt
        Spoiler:
        DISAPPOINTED with NO SHIP!!! Did I mention NO SHIP??? Otherwise, if I overlook that there is NO SHIP, I kind of enjoyed SG-1 a la Indiana Jones and Lord of the Rings. Atlantis was a let down. I cannot buy Colonel Sheppard and 3 scientists taking off to rescue O'Neill and Woolsey!! Yeah, and like Teyla and Ronan will make the difference? **slaps forehead** Of course, this is scifi anything BUT SHIP can happen!!
        Spoiler:
        I wish there had been some ship too. But I've come not to seriously expect it. We're dealing with TPTB here. I wish I could deliver some ship on a golden platter to everyone feeling let down. Alas, I am not a PTB. So....
        ((((((((((nell))))))))))

Comment

There's another nice moment in the briefing room during Crystal Skull...

Yum. Think I’ll put that one on… was going to watch Smith but what’s the point of getting involved in any TV show these days when it ups and gets canceled?! Just made the fatal error of getting totally into Jericho… no doubt that’ll go no further than season 1. I still miss Invasion

DON’T YOU SMILE AT ME LIKE THAT! THAT’S NOT EVEN A REAL SMILE! IT’S JUST A BUNCH OF TEETH PLAYING WITH MY MIND! Sig courtesy of AmberMoon… kneel before your God!

WWW.SUPERNANNY.US.COM. Log on. Or it’s the naughty chair for you.

Comment

Originally posted by JenniferJF
            He can't wear it when he's at work, it would give too much away!

Seriously, about SGA overall:
            Spoiler:
            While there was nothing overtly shippy about this episode as so many wanted, I was overall very pleased. Actually thought RDA was used very appropriately. Let's face it, Special Ops is a young man's game, and general's rarely see direct combat anymore. So I would find it unrealistic if Jack did much more than what we see here, and what we did see here I found very realistic.

OK, again with the ship-colored glasses. I mentioned it before about Avalon and Origin, and I think we see it here, too. I like the new relaxed and focused Jack. He seems comfortable with himself and with others. I loved his scene with Elizabeth, very open and honest. I think he's matured a lot since Season 8.... And we all know why

This is why I stand by my belief that Jack in S8 was dark and moody because of Carter and Pete, not because of being a general and paperwork in general. I don't get that moodiness from him, now. Just a serious focus which is, for once, completely appropriate for his situation.

Oh, and I did like his admission that we have a whole galaxy of our own to worry about. Because I know where his thoughts and priorities really are! I watched it right before this show...
            Nice post. Gives me something to muse on.
            Spoiler:
            And the ring- I know he can't wear it at work. But my little shippy heart still told my eyes to look. And in SG-1, the thought crossed my mind that maybe Sam would give up her ring.

Comment

Originally posted by SamJackShipLover
              Does anybody know whether these eps were written / filmed before or after the cancellation news? Cause that would make a difference not?
              I think they are filming the next to last ep now, so....I'd say most everything was written and almost all that was filmed before the news. I'm not sure. I mean, they already know what they're doing for the Atlantis finale. Makes me wonder how much they know for SG-1, and if they've changed any of it.

Comment

Originally posted by nickatell
                Spoiler:
                As you said they are only showing the professional side of the Sam and Jack "relationship" and would be totally ignoring the private side and with a huge fan base begging to see some of their private side of the relationship, that is a huge omission.
                Spoiler:
                Yep. That's one reason I enjoyed SGA so much last night. We got to see so much of the 'private side'. Talking on the phone, dinner together, just being friends...I loved the team's relationships being shown. I want that for SG-1!

Comment

Originally posted by L.A. Doyle
                  Nice post. Gives me something to muse on.
                  Spoiler:
                  And the ring- I know he can't wear it at work. But my little shippy heart still told my eyes to look. And in SG-1, the thought crossed my mind that maybe Sam would give up her ring.
                  RE: your comment on the quest;
                  wait a second here!
                  Spoiler:

daniel gives (what i think was) a pen, and you want sam to give up her wedding ring!?! no freakin' way! that bad boy stays right on her dog tag chain where it belongs.

Comment

ok I am off to bed...See ya all tomorrow

and Stargate Barbie... you are so right she would never give up something that is so presious...IMO I think she would defend that ring forever with her life...I think she would rather die than give that up...for her it means so much...

nite nite

Comment

Shippy dreams, RepliCarterje!!

Sig by RepliCartertje

Comment

Originally posted by Lizlove
                        I'm not hurt or anything but I hope you mean newbies to the show and not to the forum.
                        Because I'm a newbie (well.... some may think so) here but certainly not of the show.
                        I 'like' Vala but it doesn't mean I don't hate the fact they became very bad at writing the 'old' characters. I loved the early seasons (1-8 ) more but sadly I don't think we could change anything about that now. So I'm going with the flow and the changes because I think we have to if we want to accept Stargate has changed... a lot. I'm glad we got Stargate for so long and if we get a season 11 then I hope it's more to clear things up then to thicken the plot.

All in all I agree with you. I just wanted to point out that sometimes change is necessary. But I prefer people not sugar coiting the thing. Apparently honesty is me, which is not always good.

That said... I'm going to hide again
                        Ditto....could not have said it better myself....BUT I just wish TPTB would get on with it and acknowledge the ship once and for all....Even if RDA is not actually there, the show would benefit of this I am pretty sure...maybe with some Jack cameos with Sam once in a while...JMHO We're not asking for much are we?

Comment

Originally posted by hope leslie hermnharry
                          Ditto....could not have said it better myself....BUT I just wish TPTB would get on with it and acknowledge the ship once and for all....Even if RDA is not actually there, the show would benefit of this I am pretty sure...maybe with some Jack cameos with Sam once in a while...JMHO We're not asking for much are we?
                          No you're not. I'm going to bed now, so good night everyone and God Bless.
                          sigpicI love the Lord my God with all my heart!!!!http://www.geocities.com/Lessien2002 Save stargate sg1!!!! Let us shippers have a good resolution please!!!! My fanfiction http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1023184/- there's more to come!
                          My GW fanfiction-http://www.gateworld.net/fanfic/arch...ogetherat.html
                          http://www.fanfiction.net/c2/37559/3/0/1/-the c2 community sam/jack relationship community.
                          http://www.petitiononline.com/P3X595/petition.html
                          Now is the time for us to shine, to shine with the power of Christ Divine! The Lord has promised us revival and it WILL come!

Comment

Originally posted by sugarshaker
                            Poz just called!!!!!! She got home last night and she sounds great. She'll be on pain meds probably until Thanksgiving, but there's a definite improvement in the feeling in her legs. She said she's too tired to spend much time online, but I know she would appreciate hearing everyone's thoughts and well wishes.

Squeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!

((((((((((Poz))))))))))

((((((((((shippers))))))))))
                            Yea Poz! I hope she's here posting soon! (((Poz)))

Comment

Alright, shipper family, I'm signing off for the night...everybody have shipper dreams. Dream of you respective ships and Sam/Jack!!

Sig by RepliCartertje

Comment

Originally posted by nell
                                My fantasy for this episode
                                Spoiler:
                                Sam would at least mention Jack's name. For example, I wonder what Jack would do in this situation fill-in-the-blank? Or, sarcastically she asks, wouldn't Jack just love this! Or, Sam removes her wedding band that she keeps tucked away when off-world and places in Morgana's chest.
                                I'd have loved any of any of those scenerios, but the last one. It would have made me cry. (Well, cry then squee, then cry again.)
                                What we got
                                Spoiler:
                                When Ba'al and Adria were bickering in the cave, Sam walks by them and says "Get a room!" Would that be a Jackism? But, in my book that does not count as Ship!
                                I kind of liked that part.
                                Spoiler:
                                Sam got to make the joke for a change, and it was what Jack would have said. Usually, Cam gets Jack's lines, so I love it when Sam gets one.

My fantasy for this episode
                                Spoiler:
                                Well, Sam's on The Quest so she doesn't know what peril has befallen Jack. But, maybe Jack could comment to The Ancient Lady that "Carter" would be the first to want to study their doohickeys when the Ancients allow the Tauris to return.
                                That's what I was hoping for too.
                                Overall, I felt
                                Spoiler:
                                DISAPPOINTED with NO SHIP!!! Did I mention NO SHIP??? Otherwise, if I overlook that there is NO SHIP, I kind of enjoyed SG-1 a la Indiana Jones and Lord of the Rings. Atlantis was a let down. I cannot buy Colonel Sheppard and 3 scientists taking off to rescue O'Neill and Woolsey!! Yeah, and like Teyla and Ronan will make the difference? **slaps forehead** Of course, this is scifi anything BUT SHIP can happen!!

Hey, sg-1fanintn, fix me a double Hot Toddy!!!
                                (((((Nell))))
                                (((Disappointed ship family members)))

Did I mention that I actually enjoyed these episodes. I know we wanted more, but there is still time. This was filmed before the cancellation, so don't be downhearted. With the series ending, we will get our ship. I'm sure of it.

Comment

Working...
                                X