X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Terrah
    On the whole I enjoyed the episode, like most people I was
    Spoiler:
    disappointed with the short wedding scene and not enough S/J interaction. I do think reading too many spoilers and watching small clips of the ep before hand did spoil it for me, also didn't help that the version I watched was inferior.
    If I had not known any of the details like RDA coming back and the wedding, you would have had to pull me off the ceilling and you would have heard the SQUEEEEEEEEEEES all the way across the pond. But what can you do? I'm hooked on SG, a shipper and RDA is to die for I'm not going to stay spoiler free until November, that would be impossible.

LOL...that would have been me too...still I did laugh out loud a lot when I watched it...and I love spoilers...a lot more than I'm supposed to!!!!
    "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
    Hug Your Loved Ones!!
    ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by AmberLM
      Re: AT & RDA being too old: P'shaw! If they want a young person's view then send them to speak to me! I'm 18 and I think that Amanda is beautiful and talented and brilliant and RDA is a complete hottie regardless of his age and he's an amazing actor too!
      i think the same about it..AT and RDA are not to old, i'm also young(16) and RDA could be my father(really srange) but he still looks good, and the both of them are really good actors. And we know them as Jack and Sam now, so it's strange to see someone else acting as sam and jack
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by chelle db
        Congrats on 700 Gate Gal!!!
        the same from me..congrats on you're 700 post gategal

i can't find (quick) the original post
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ljevans
          I love it, Nola Mom! But maybe Daniel or Vala should have been holding Fluffy. I would think that Fluffy would want to be a little closer to the action.
          Vala could have been holding Fluffy
          Spoiler:
          instead of a bouquet
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by nell
            Did somebody call me??? LOL!!!
            Let me start by saying that when I was in grade school, I peeked under my parents' bed and in their closet the week before Christmas. Wow!!! I saw some really cool toys!
            I was sooooo excited as I dreamed of how much fun I would have Christmas morning!!!
            Lo and behold, when the family gathered to open the presents, some of the really cool toys were for my siblings and NOT ME!!!!! In fact, I didn't like some of my presents. Not At All!!! Aaaarrrgggghhhh!!!!!!!!

This traumatic childhood experience led me to the Shipper I am today!!! No spoils for me!!!
            BTW, I was with a group of Shippers who were spoiled for **200** but still enjoyed the show!!! As for myself, I thought 200 was
            Spoiler:
            VERY FUNNY and I accepted it for what it was, a present to the fans from TPTB and the cast and crew!!!

And, I will continue to remain spoiler-free for RDA's last SG-1 episode as I hope for The Ship!!!

It works for me!!!
            That was a great post Nell...I never once in my life went looking for Christmas presents and never had the inclination to do so...I don't care much for presents..I love giving but I'm not so good at recieving...having said that we kids got totally spoiled by our parents...we almost always got whatever we wanted for christmas...the biggest gift we ever got was a bike so our wants weren't extravagent...unlike our kids who ask for tv's and X boxes and $200+ gadgets and I-pods and mp3 players...but getting to the point I'm trying to make here...I have never liked waiting to see what happens in tv shows and movies...I like to be forwarned to what happens...I enjoy it more when I know...the other week we...hubs and I...went to see Pirates of the Caribbean...Niki saw it first and I asked...no told...her to tell me all about it...and I was not at all disappointed in it. So for me, spoilers are wonderful...they prepare me for what's about to happen.
            I think it's great if you don't want to be spoiled and you can wait for the ep to air...I just don't think I could wait til next year!!
            Hug Your Loved Ones!!
            ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by Rocketgal
              200: Do you guys think your feelings (positive or negative) would be different if you hadn't been "spoiled" or didn't know that Jack was going to be in it beforehand? <snipped>
              For me, I think being spoiled set the right level of expectation.
              Spoiler:
              Especially on the ship. I got my really disappointed moment out of the way long before the episode aired and could view 200 knowing that I wasn't going to see any real ship. It actually allowed me to enjoy what was there a lot more.

If they had by some miracle managed to keep Jack being in it secret and a big twist then I agree the moment of seeing him would probably have been a really HUGE SQUEE moment but it was for me anyway just to see him back on screen.

All in all, I really enjoyed 200 and I'm not taking any of it seriously. It wasn't a LOL type thing for me most of the time; some skits I thought worked better than others, but I did giggle on occasion and I appreciated some of the more subtle pokes in the in-between moments. I very much enjoyed the ship that was included and loved the invisible O'Neill section.
              sigpic
              Women of the Gate LJ Community.
              My Stargate Fanfiction. My LiveJournal.

Comment

Originally posted by Queen_Bee
                yessum i did get them from k mart
                i also got season one at jb hifi while i was in melbourne for $49 aswell
                i got someone to buy me season 4 and 8 arent i lucky
                apparently they are on sale til next monday i am not bothering with s9 tho
                hugs
                Bee
                Season 9 is good...not the same as the other seasons but that's not necessarily a bad thing...I like to have all the seasons...for me it's just that I couldn't start the collection and not have all the eps!!.
                So...you didn't say where you hail from...obviuosly not Melbourne!!!
                Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by Gate gal
                  Well, my hubby did tell me to quit drooling when
                  Spoiler:
                  RDA came on the screen in the Atlantis episode. (During 200, he was too busy laughing to notice my RDA squee.)

Which is why I like to watch when no one is around...I can drool til my hearts content!!!
                  Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                  ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
                    I just have to wonder. Did we get a hint in 200 when Marty said,
                    Spoiler:
                    The movie is off! But the series has been renewed!"

And I agree.....we all need Jack.
                    That's what I was thinking too...
                    Spoiler:
                    But then at the end he also said the movie was back on!!

Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                    ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
                      I just have to wonder. Did we get a hint in 200 when Marty said,
                      Spoiler:
                      The movie is off! But the series has been renewed!

And I agree.....we all need Jack.
                      That's what I was thinking too...
                      Spoiler:
                      But then at the end he also said the movie was back on!!

I don't think we should take it as a hint.

Spoiler:
                      I think it was a referral to The Lost City which was supposed to be a movie following the 7th Season but then the series was picked up for an 8th Season instead hence The Lost City became the series finale.

We know the actors have signed for an 11th Season but as far as I'm aware the network hasn't confirmed whether they'll get picked up for an 11th Season - I guess it depends on the ratings.

I agree any movie should have Jack and preferably RDA as Jack!
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gatebee
                        KR is a totally different Jack and I can't see KR having any chemistry with Sam... they don't look right at all

Sam and Jack forever...and I am still waiting for that BHK in RL SG1

I agree...I'd rather have RDA as Jack O'Niell anyday...KR...I'm sure he's a great guy and all...but he really doesn't do anything for me.
                        Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                        ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Another quick post to say:

Congrats on milestones!

And for those waiting for the GW version of the 200 TAG I did, the uploader is still down I promise I'll post as soon as it gets fixed.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rachel500
                            Another quick post to say:

Congrats on milestones!

And for those waiting for the GW version of the 200 TAG I did, the uploader is still down I promise I'll post as soon as it gets fixed.
                            Well looky looky...you got 400...WTG Rachel!!!
                            Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                            ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Well looky looky...you got 400...WTG Rachel!!!
                              I did??? When did that happen??

Obviously spending way too much time here, LOL!

Thanks, chelle db!
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AmberLM
                                Re: AT & RDA being too old: P'shaw! If they want a young person's view then send them to speak to me! I'm 18 and I think that Amanda is beautiful and talented and brilliant and RDA is a complete hottie regardless of his age and he's an amazing actor too!
                                I'm with you on this one! I'm 20, my best friend is 22 and we both think RDA's absolutely hot! Who cares that he's older than my dad...And our fellow male SG-1 fans still drool over AT
                                There's a good chance this opinion is shared by Ashizuri
                                sigpic
                                awesome sig by Josiane

Comment

Working...
                                X