This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what spoiler?? (looks eager)
    THANKYOU so much annelies!!! (samjackshiplover)
    Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by AmberLM
      Personally I think it's not the numbers of people that voted that matters, it's how it shows how devoted/loyal/proud/protective/caring their fans are to do something like this, however small and insignificant a thing it may be, not to mention an immense credit to these people that they can inspire said qualities and admiration in their fans. As several members in the Samanda thread have pointed out, there aren't many actors or actresses that inspire this many people to come together from all corners of the Earth to work towards acheiving a common goal!
      But, I don't know what the goal is. Honestly. Or who's doing the poll, which anyone can run. And I ask this with all due respect towards those who are voting. I admire AT and RDA as much as anyone does. However, after voting a few times in internet polls, I pretty much retired from it because the polls made no difference with respect to whatever or whoever I voted for. They were ploys. For instance, I voted for a certain athlete to win an award, the problem being the award was not being awarded by whoever did the poll--the poll was just publicity for the website.

However, most of you on here now are having fun voting, so carry on, except --ship anyone? (I hesitate to post this, but this is how I feel--a healthy dose of skepticism never hurt anyone)

Comment

I don't know if I have given this ficrec before, but here goes.

"Same As It Ever Was" by Sue Corkill--Geeky Sam and retired Jack of Moebius II and what happened to them. NC17

www.sjhw.net/tolerance/same.htm

Comment

I think it's safe to say that, unlike this penalty shoot-out,
          Spoiler:
          we're definitely gonna get something. Quite what that something is I don't know!

Re football: Oh, well, we royally screwed that up, didn't we? Someone please give Lampard a hug (I'll volunteer! )

I agree. I think that if we haven't seen something definately it's because they kept the mutual attraction to be resolt at the end of the series, but now that RDA is no longer (for the moment) in the series they will finally end the doubt.

PS- Excuse my mistakes, it's difficult for me to write in English
          LIFE IS BEAUTIFUL BUT SOMETIMES COMPLICATED

Can you tell me how it used to be?
          Have we changed our hopes for fears and our dreams for plans?

Comment

Originally posted by pinguino_89
            I agree. I think that if we haven't seen something definately it's because they kept the mutual attraction to be resolt at the end of the series, but now that RDA is no longer (for the moment) in the series they will finally end the doubt.

PS- Excuse my mistakes, it's difficult for me to write in English
            I completely agree, now that RDA's gone and he's not coming back regularly, there should be very few storylines centred around him or his relationship with Sam anymore, whatever the status of it may be. Therefore I see no reason why they shouldn't resolve this thing once and for all. That way, we can have closure, the anti-shippers will have the whole "fiasco" finally over with and they (i.e. TPTB) can stop hiring out Sam as 'love-interest-of-the-week' fodder.

As a native English speaker (and an entirely unilingual one at that!) I'd say don't worry about mistakes, we all make them and you're doing a pretty great job so far! I haven't seen you around the thread before, are you fairly new here? If so, welcome to the family!

Mods - Can I just clarify something? Is season 8 stuff still "spoiler material" or can I assume that people have seen season 8 now and not use spoiler tags?
            Sam and Jack... Still the best romance on TV in years!

My fanfic http://www.fanfiction.net/~drawntotherhythm

Comment

Originally posted by littlebluestring
              what spoiler?? (looks eager)
              The Starburst magazine one further up the page

Comment

I love this one, it shows how much he cares.

PS: What's with the poll? Sorry, I wasn't around for a while. Please can anyone explain what poll and what's the fuss? Thanks a lot.
                "Y'know, I can be as diplomatic and open-minded as anyone."
                Colonel Jack O'Neill

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay
                  On the voting...and please don't take this the wrong way...but since when did this thread become an extension of Samanda? Even well after AT had moved in front of RDA, there were very few calls to vote for him, and I have to admit that that annoyed me a lot.

(and personally...RDA should be at #1)
                  Are people here voting for RDA? He's in 11th place, just behind Michael Shanks at the moment.

http://www.celeeb.com/richard-dean-anderson/

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

evening all, I am refraining from voting in the poll, I have just spent last night and all morning/afternoon/early evening cleaning up and reformating my hard drive from some nasty Grayware.

Now I have to redownload my shippy videos for the 2nd time this month as earlier on my hd crashed and we had to buy a new one.
                    My hubby says my sg internet searching and downloading is what get me in trouble. so will be re downloading vids in secert..
                    + = REAL SHIP NEEDED IN 10 + =

Comment

Hi! Gosh! I haven't been in here in a while! >.< Don't worry, I'm still shippin', just quietly

I just bought the latest issue of sc-fi channel mag. They have two pages of quotes from the SG-1 cast and crew for the 200th ep.
                      Amanda said

Spoiler:
                      "I'm going to be working with Richard Dean Anderson. I'm going to Oz, I'm going to squeeze into a dream of a wedding dress, and I'm going to a party"

Have you guys discussed this? Am I understanding this right? (I'm not spoiled on ep 200...) and...can I get all squealy and excited
                      May our transmatter beams cross again...

Proud Member of the Chevron Guy Club

"Out of that sea of stars came all the elements that make me what I am. "

Comment

Mods - Can I just clarify something? Is season 8 stuff still "spoiler material" or can I assume that people have seen season 8 now and not use spoiler tags?
                        I'm not a Mod, but I'm sure that you still have to use spoiler tags for Season 8 (along with S9 and S10) until it has been seen in syndication in the US. If in doubt, use spoiler tags.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cpn. Chris(tine) Bowman
                          Hi! Gosh! I haven't been in here in a while! >.< Don't worry, I'm still shippin', just quietly

I just bought the latest issue of sc-fi channel mag. They have two pages of quotes from the SG-1 cast and crew for the 200th ep.
                          Amanda said

Spoiler:
                          "I'm going to be working with Richard Dean Anderson. I'm going to Oz, I'm going to squeeze into a dream of a wedding dress, and I'm going to a party"

Have you guys discussed this? Am I understanding this right? (I'm not spoiled on ep 200...) and...can I get all squealy and excited
                          At this point we know nothing more than you do but we've been speculating a bit. Mostly coming up with something along the lines of "We're not falling for it this time; we'll believe it when we see it with our own eyes."

Edited to say: Not that we think Amanda would be so cruel as to promise a lie, of course but then again it's pretty ambiguous!

Thanks, Bev!

Comment

Thanks for the spoilers. Looking forward to season 10.

Colonel Jack O'Neill

Comment

Originally posted by zuz
                              Thanks for the spoilers. Looking forward to season 10.

Oh my I haven't seen that pic before! WHere did you get it?!? *Squee*

Comment

I made a little manip from the pic above. Why don't TPTB do promos like these (=with AT and RDA)?!

Colonel Jack O'Neill

Comment

Working...
                                X