This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RepliCartertje
    Ok I am just starting to write my first Fanfic in english... and It is really hard... I have to translate everything and looks like I am not that good in English.
    and that wedding dress: one word= wooow, I would never wear such a dress... cause I will never marry but still I like it.
    You don't have to! Buy it in a different colour and wear it out to a party or something
    Sam and Jack... Still the best romance on TV in years!

My fanfic http://www.fanfiction.net/~drawntotherhythm

Comment

Ok I am just starting to write my first Fanfic in english... and It is really hard... I have to translate everything and looks like I am not that good in English.
      I'm going to give you an advice 'cos I'm a french girl who writes her fics in English so I know what you're feeling. When you think about your fic in your head, do it in English, when you have ideas you want to write down on a paper, do it in English. When you're writing a fic in English, forget your other language, forget how you'd say something in your own language, try to think it directly in English. And it'll get easier in a few weeks/months!

I love the dress, but I love the pic even more!

Comment

Originally posted by dipsofjazz
        Here's a couple of pics I took of the wedding dress on sale at Gabit..

I mentioned before that the smudge in the picture of AT/RDA was on the picture...it wasn't my bad photography....honest!
        Thanks for that
        It never seemed such a simple dress when I saw the picture. But I love it!
        And like Vicky said: love the pic with it even more

Comment

Originally posted by dipsofjazz
          Here's a couple of pics I took of the wedding dress on sale at Gabit..

I mentioned before that the smudge in the picture of AT/RDA was on the picture...it wasn't my bad photography....honest!

Wow Bev there great pics hun thanx for sharing

Comment

Ok, just popping in to offer a fanfic rec :http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2973995/1/
            It is titled Reflections and I just spent my entire lunch break reading it! It is fascinating and unlike any other story I've personally come across. I am anxious to see how she wraps it up! Anyone else reading this one too?

Comment

Originally posted by Nibikko
              Ok, just popping in to offer a fanfic rec :http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2973995/1/
              It is titled Reflections and I just spent my entire lunch break reading it! It is fascinating and unlike any other story I've personally come across. I am anxious to see how she wraps it up! Anyone else reading this one too?
              Yep! Me.
              It's one of the greatest fic I ever read. I love how she writes all the characters. Very realistic!
              A Pond With No Fish is really good too!
              Last edited by Lizlove; 14 June 2006, 01:00 PM.

Comment

Thanx for the fic rec hunny i've saved it to my faves and i shall read when i get a chance but for now i'm off to watch the world cup Byeeeeeeee

Comment

reading it at the moment and well I really like it allready so....

Comment

Originally posted by stargate barbie
                    strange as this may sound, i still love film and tv at least as much as i did before, probably even more so. i also love directing and editing. i know its (hopefully) going to be my job, but i still love it, and hopefully will continue to love it. when things go well, its really very rewarding. and its so amazing to look at a finished film and think "i had a big role in making this exist". there's a certain sense of detatchment and not knowing how good it is because you've been so involved in it, but its still the best choice i've ever made IMO. even if my career doesn't work out, i'm glad i've tried.
                    For years i got told to 'just act as a hobby' my parents told me that i would never get a job as an actor that i should do science, get a background so when i fall flat on my face there maybe something to help the fall! Well the acting bug is still there after over 10 years + and in the last year i decided to sod everyone to hell and do what i wanted to do, i quit my job for a more flexible one to accomodate my acting, and as much as people really want to beat you down and disuade you from doing what you do, you just pick yourself up again and give them the finger! Hell i may have the chance to study at vancouver film school and i will not let anyone push me away from that!

Originally posted by stargate barbie
                    and as for the dress, that is probably the most perfect wedding dress i've seen. it was perfect for sam (well, at least for AU sam, ours would need the long hair i think). i love that pic. i'd have loved to see the behind the scenes for when they had to do that. i've heard about it from at in a commentary, but i'd still love to see it.

didn't know they sold that dress at GABIT. very cool.
                    Which commentary did you see/ hear that in?

Shippy comment here......... i was listening to the gemini commentary last night and i cant remember who said it but they said (about the flashback of replicarter shooting o'neill) something along the lines of
                    ' she cant shoot him (o'neill) ..........cause she loves him'

i made me smile when i heard that!

Live for today, for one day there will not be a tomorrow

Help me get to film school

One Year, £8000 to raise. Just what will i do to raise it?

Comment

{Mod Snip}
                      {Mod Snip}... I mean ok there is shipping in almost every episode but it isn't that obvious. I mean it is not like they are kissing every moment. Ok you can see the interaction between them... but is it that annoying? I don't think so... I wish that there were more of it in it.
                      Last edited by TameFarrar; 14 June 2006, 01:42 PM. Reason: Do not discuss other fan groups - quoted post deleted

Comment

ow come on no wedding... You know how many weddings end in divorce... way to much so better let them be togheter and no married.
                        I really like them the way the are and if they would be married, everything would change and I don't want that.
                        Or am I the only one who doesn't want them to get married...(well maybe I am just to realistic to know that would end bad)
                        (((Replicartertje))) I understand why you wish Sam and Jack not to get married ...here comes the "but"...

I personally went into my marriage with the hope/desire/goal that it would last forever - and 15 years later we're still getting stronger. I want that for Sam and Jack - that they go into their marriage with hope for the future, and a knowledge that they are going to face it together, come what may. Regs have kept them apart for far too long. Now it's time for them to be able to be together - and to have it recognised by everyone.

Besides, I wanna hear Teal'c call her "Colonel O'Neill" and grin at her - even if its only the once before she says she staying Colonel Carter at work
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AmberLM
                          If not the GREATEST!

I'm not a believer in coincidences as far as TV is concerned. Blame it on watching too much 'Buffy' but Joss Whedon (TPTB for that show) liked to slip hints at things in a season before they actually happened (S3: Vampire Willow was openly gay -> S4: Willow started dating Tara, S4: Tara told Buffy to be back before dawn S5: Buffy's sister Dawn was added to the show, S4: Giles was told that he needed to prepare Buffy for not having a watcher S7: Giles leaves Sunnydale etc.etc.)

So, taking a leaf out of that book:

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i2...te/grace01.jpg

Don't tell me that that was a coincidence because I'll NEVER believe you!
                          Fantastic

I don't believe in coincidences either
                          sigpic

Comment

Coincedences.. ey?

ey ey (that was my incredibly bad way of hinting at something)
                            THANKYOU so much annelies!!! (samjackshiplover)
                            Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by AmberLM
                              I was just reading the transcript of 'New Order' and I think they missed a line at the end:

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i2...sette/NO01.jpg
                              Jack: "Repeat after me, 'I, insert name'"
                              Sam: "I, Samantha Carter,"
                              Jack: "Take thee, Jack O'Neill"... hee, hee
                              Everytime Jack says " I, insert name" I want Sam to reply "I, insert name" just to get a funny moment but alas that would look really bad during a promotion in front of the whole sgc...just makes me think of Jack and his smart a$$ ways lol....

Yes I much prefer your version....would the sgc be shocked I doubt that in the least!

-JJ

sig by chlex

Comment

Originally posted by Lizlove
                                Yep! Me.
                                It's one of the greatest fic I ever read. I love how she writes all the characters. Very realistic!
                                A Fish With No Pond is really good too!
                                hi hoping I am doing this right - I have been lurking for a while but had to say I have been reading this fic too and am loving it.

Comment

Working...
                                X