X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lizlove
    Thanks!
    Those things make me groan! Damn, why can't they translate it, dub it or whatever like it is???
    I remember a scene when Sam says honey in French (chéri) to Pete. I know for a fact she never said honey or anything like that in the ep in English!
    It changes the whole story, scene, depht, arc... I swear it's annoying!
    Oh, I bet. Honey? Ick!

Comment

Originally posted by L.A. Doyle
      Oh, I bet. Honey? Ick!

Yeah but that is just a dubbing mistake. What is worse if the fact that Pete called her 'Babe"! That is really Ick!!! I still don't know why Sam put up with that...

Oh well. *takes comfort in the fact that Jack would never call her that*

Spoiler:
      Valenship banner by OXNatashaOX

Comment

Originally posted by lonely_star
        french version of the grace dialogue : (be aware the grammar is not right sometimes cause I directly took it from french and used the closer expressions or words...hope you'll get it)

wow just watched it it's very difficult to explain !!
        so everything is pretty much the same until :

Sam : it must be the habit Jack (after she calls him colonel and he makes the remark about being a figment of her imagination)
        Jack : What are you waiting for to go out of here?
        Sam : I tried everything
        Jack : and you're giving up like this ?
        Sam : I don't know what else to do for now
        Jack : yes, think about it
        Sam : you came to motivate me?
        Jack : it's what friends are for
        Sam: yes
        Jack (off) : what ? it's the term Friends that's bothering you? but it's you who imagine all of this. I have nothing to do with this
        Sam : and if I quit the air force ? would it make things easier or is hierarchy just an excuse ?
        Jack : I would never ask you to give up a job you love
        Sam : because you don't feel anything for me ?
        Jack : Carter
        Sam : I would forget you if i'd know it was the case
        Jack : so fast ?
        Sam : no it wouldn't be that easy
        Jack : if you want to know what are you waiting for ?
        Sam : I don't know
        Jack : in my humble opinion the problem is not coming from me Carter, let's be realistic I'm not that complicated
        Sam : Me ?
        Jack : Sam, you know me well don't you ?
        Sam : maybe I convince myself to only think of you knowing that you'll always be unattainable, so i'm sure to never love anyone else and I'm sure not to be disapointed
        Jack : Jacob was right, you deserve better, you can always count on me, whatever happens , got it Saamantha ?
        Sam : What now ?
        Jack : get out of this trap
        Sam : one last thing...

BIG HONKIN KISS !!!!!!

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE at least this doesn't change...much...cause they ask a little moaning on Sam part !! I swear !! LOL
        but come on ! what with this "got it Samantha !!!" instead of believe me !!!?? ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH hate them !!!!!!

so you see the phrasing change a lot ! the global meaning is more or less the same but this "got it Samantha" is just plain CRAP !!
        Oh man, I can't believe they butchered that so badly! And BTS! Eek!

Comment

Originally posted by jafacakes
          I grew up with subtitles and you get use to them , after a while you don't even realise they are there and develop the skill of whatching both the images and subtitles at the same time. They have big advantages over dubing in that it maintains the actor's performance intact ( Once I saw an episode of the x-files in Spanish, not pretty ) and develops your language skills too
          I watch it with subtitles...never. Unless you count closed captioning. I do that to make sure I don't miss anything.

Comment

Originally posted by gwenhwyfar
            Yeah but that is just a dubbing mistake. What is worse if the fact that Pete called her 'Babe"! That is really Ick!!! I still don't know why Sam put up with that...

Oh well. *takes comfort in the fact that Jack would never call her that*
            Was the babe a dubbing mistake? Cause I don't remember that at all. And I don't think Jack would ever call her that either.

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay
              I'M BAAAACK!!!

Just got internet installed

it's good to be back!
              Welcome back, sueKay!!!

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
                Welcome back, sueKay!!!
                Back from the store sg-1fanintn?

Comment

Originally posted by Lady_E
                  Welcome back my lovely fellow Scot

Well shippers i have a bit of a dilema here i made 2 new Sam and Jack sigs but i can't decide which 1 to use on here so i thought i'd post and see what all u guy's think
                  Great work, Lady E! Both are great, as far as I'm concerned. But I think I like Always & Forever just a wee bit better!!!

Comment

Back from the store sg-1fanintn?
                    I decided not to go to the store.....and will look at lovely RDA piccies here instead. I'll go to the store tomorrow.

Here, let me share one (and to stay on topic, it'll be Jack with Sam--of course!!!!)

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
                      Decided not to go to the store.....will look at lovely RDA piccies here instead.....and will go to the store tomorrow.

Here, let me share one (and to stay on topic, it'll be Jack with Sam--of course!!!!

That might be BETTER than what's at the store!

I love Sam's hair, Jack's so fine....they are SO ADORABLE together!

Comment

Originally posted by Lizlove
                        Poor AT
                        I like her with her long hair. I understand that's it's more practical but still...
                        Hey, you see when RDA's hair is brown at the beginning of the series? Doesn't anyone find that as disturbing as me? I think it's rather funny and sweet.
                        But it shows the character growns (becomes older ) along the years
                        I more love how it got to be that it changed. In case you hadn't heard the story, they had him dying it brown because they wanted him to look younger, and then at some point - I'd say early S2 - he finally told them that if RDA was okay with gray hair, then Jack was okay with gray hair, and the dying was going to end. And it did, thank God. I absolutely adore his silver hair - it's so much better than anything to come before, even on Mac - and the brown hair of S1 looked fake to me.

Just MO.
                        - Mary
                        SG1 needs it's Fifth Man - Why should we settle for less? Bring back Jonas Quinn!
                        Jack O'Neill would die for any member of his team. But there's only one he'd live for: Samantha Carter.

Comment

Originally posted by Buc252
                          I absolutely adore his silver hair - it's so much better than anything to come before, even on Mac
                          Me too...*sighs dreamy sigh*

I wonder if Jack with a mullet would totally freak Sam out. I know it would me!

Comment

Originally posted by gwenhwyfar
                            http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f339/gwenhwyfar1984/SacrificesSam.jpg
                            Sam: I know some of you shippers multi-task as thunkers of my drear Jack. As I am a reasonable woman I don't mind this. Look all you want. Just remember...NO Touchy!!!
                            Thank you, Sam. I promise to only drool from afar. :-)
                            - Mary
                            SG1 needs it's Fifth Man - Why should we settle for less? Bring back Jonas Quinn!
                            Jack O'Neill would die for any member of his team. But there's only one he'd live for: Samantha Carter.

Comment

Me too...*sighs dreamy sigh*

I wonder if Jack with a mullet would totally freak Sam out. I know it would me!

That is a fanfic just begging to be written... But not by me!

So has the 'Pete calling Sam Babe' thing ever really been canon? I thought I remembered it but as I have only seen the Pete episodes once, I can't be sure. I tried to read the transcripts but... Un, not gonna happen, LOL!

Spoiler:
                              Valenship banner by OXNatashaOX

Comment

moans

sighs

squees

whimpers

drools

*repeats*

i luuuv how amanda signed it too.

sally
                                sally