This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Vicky
    Yeah. Too bad we see more often Sam being worried for Jack than the contrary.

Season 4 is really the shippiest season with a lot of angst and worry for the two of them. I have to have it on dvds!
    When I was a new fan, I was wondering which season to get. I read 4 everywhere. So, I used the money I'd saved up for something else to buy that DVD set. I never regretted it. Season 4 rocks.

Comment

Originally posted by Terrah
      Have not seen 'Entity' for a long time, after reading your post hopalong I want to have another look.
      I agree with your comment about Hammond, he definitely knows how Jack feels about Sam, i've noticed it in other episodes too, Grace comes to mind.

Did anyone like my Vid? or was it terrible, I can take it.

Four To The Floor.
      I can't view it! I downloaded it three times but every time I did I could only listen to it. Great music!

Spoiler:
      Valenship banner by OXNatashaOX

Comment

Yeah. Too bad we see more often Sam being worried for Jack than the contrary.

Season 4 is really the shippiest season with a lot of angst and worry for the two of them. I have to have it on dvds!
        I used to have season 4, it was the first I bought, but...I don't anymore. It was very much worht the $50!

I'm disapointed that we usually had Sam worried. The only reason that i can think of is...maybe they though they had to keep Jack strong, a leader, and if he showed any emotion like that it would damage his credibility.

Spoiler:

Comment

well jack is "the man", he doesn't show his feeling cos he is the leader, the military man.
          Sam tries to be like him but sometimes she has her feeling and well she tries not to show them to anyone.
          I like that sooo much about them, they try but sometimes they just can't and need to express it to eachother or to other people

Comment

Originally posted by gwenhwyfar
            I used to have season 4, it was the first I bought, but...I don't anymore. It was very much worht the $50!

I'm disapointed that we usually had Sam worried. The only reason that i can think of is...maybe they though they had to keep Jack strong, a leader, and if he showed any emotion like that it would damage his credibility.
            I got Seasons Four and Five at the same time.

I wonder if they refrained from showing worried Jack as much - though we saw him in "Divide and Conquer", "Entity", "Desperate Measures", "Metamorphasis" and "Grace" (plus others I've probably forgotten) - because realistically, there would be gossip among SGC personnel about Sam and Jack being closer than they should be if if he was seen to be worrying a lot about her.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Something shippy from the GW Stargate Primer. I've posted this before but, hey, always nice to re-read. BTW when I read this from GW staff's POV and when we see a shippy Monday evening last April from TPTB POV, it just underscores how important the Ship is to the show. It's not the main focus, of course, but it is an important sub-plot!!!

Our Ship will come in!!!

Another shippy morale booster from A Proud Member of Ship Ship Hooray Special Ops Team!!!

from Threads Season 8
              Spoiler:

Meanwhile, Carter reconsidered her future with Pete when her father, Jacob, died. Knowing that she was trying to get over Jack, the one man she wanted to be with, Sam broke off their engagement. Jack, too, saw a romantic relationship flicker out when his new love interest recognized what he and Sam had between them. She encouraged Jack not to let their jobs stand in the way.

As Season Eight closed, there was finally peace in the galaxy. SG-1 celebrated with a long-overdue fishing trip.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RepliCartertje
                well jack is "the man", he doesn't show his feeling cos he is the leader, the military man.
                Sam tries to be like him but sometimes she has her feeling and well she tries not to show them to anyone.
                I like that sooo much about them, they try but sometimes they just can't and need to express it to eachother or to other people
                Well, he may be 'the man' but he has feelings too. I don't like it when TPTB choose to not show them. What I love about Threads is that Jack had to show what he feels, esp near the end first when Kerry dumps him, then with Sam when he put his arm around her shoulder and finally when Jacob dies and he closes his eyes trying to contain his own feelings.

Comment

Well, he may be 'the man' but he has feelings too. I don't like it when TPTB choose to not show them. What I love about Threads is that Jack had to show what he feels, esp near the end first when Kerry dumps him, then with Sam when he put his arm around her shoulder and finally when Jacob dies and he closes his eyes trying to contain his own feelings.
                  Yep, what you say!!!

BTW, we're all working hard to use spoiler tags for Seasons 8 and 9 and 10!! There are bunches of folks who haven't seen 8 and 9. I don't know about 7 needing spoiler tags but maybe a mod can advise us!!!
                  sigpic

Comment

I agree with your comment about Hammond, he definitely knows how Jack feels about Sam, i've noticed it in other episodes too, Grace comes to mind.
                    I think Hammond knew how they felt, but that he wouldn't acknowledge that he knew or ask any questions because he, like Sam and Jack, knew that if he knew or even strongly suspected that they cared about one another more than they should, he would be obliged to separate them even though he knew that they worked best as a team.

Comment

Originally posted by ReganX
                      I got Seasons Four and Five at the same time.

I wonder if they refrained from showing worried Jack as much - though we saw him in "Divide and Conquer", "Entity", "Desperate Measures", "Metamorphasis" and "Grace" (plus others I've probably forgotten) - because realistically, there would be gossip among SGC personnel about Sam and Jack being closer than they should be if if he was seen to be worrying a lot about her.
                      Maybe. But wouldn't there be the same gossip because Sam was worrying? Or would they just think she was being an emotional female?

You could also say he worried in Prometheus.

Spoiler:

Comment

Maybe. But wouldn't there be the same gossip because Sam was worrying? Or would they just think she was being an emotional female?
                        Since Jack is the leader, I would have thought that any action on his part that smacked of favouritism or over-attachment to any member of his team would be more gossip worthy than a similar action on Sam's part.

You could also say he worried in Prometheus.
                        I knew I'd forgotten some.

Comment

Terrah, I saw a scene in your vid that made me do a double take. I actually took my DVDs out to check. I've never noticed this before(I'm sure everyone else has ), but in Grace, when Sam finally really starts interacting with Grace, that's when Jack shows up. She's blowing bubbles with this cute little girl, and then Jack shows up. Excellent timing, I say. THAT'S BECAUSE SHE REALLY WANTS TO HAVE ALL JACK'S BABIES! Ahem....sorry. I don't know what came over me.

Comment

Have not seen 'Entity' for a long time, after reading your post hopalong I want to have another look.

Did anyone like my Vid? or was it terrible, I can take it.

Four To The Floor.
                            Great vid...Perfect timing and the images are great...I adored it!!!

Comment

Bump
                              sigpic

Comment

hey all this may be a completely dumb question but what is a fanzine? i love fanfiction and seem to have read most fics up dry, is there more on fanzines and where do i find them?
                                bex

Live for today, for one day there will not be a tomorrow

Help me get to film school

One Year, £8000 to raise. Just what will i do to raise it?

Comment

Working...
                                X