This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by meimei
    RE: The FanFic Question - Sent to where?

But usually the answer is yes. But if you don't want some really upset fans, make sure you post it as a work in progress. Some people don't like to read WIP cause they've been burned by authors not finishing it. Nothing worse than getting into a juicy ship fic only to have it stop in the middle of the story with no warning!
    I'd wait until I finished the story to start posting. I HATE reading a great fic and then the author never finishes it because of RL or lack of inspiration.

Comment

I've posted in installments before but I had the whole series plotted out before I posted the first one. I also made sure, with one exception, the series could end happily if I had to stop but still left the reader wanting more.

Both "The Things for Love" series and the "Life's Journey" series were done this way. The exception was one installment of "Life's Journey". I left it a cliff hanger but I was almost finished with the next one, so no one burned me in effigy! *cackle* "The Things for Love" series was complete before I posted the first one, but I had a really over worked beta! (((TAME)))

And that's another thing. Get a beta reader. I couldn't have posted mine without one. They catch the really stupid stuff you miss after reading the story fourteen times... It's that "can't see the forest for the trees" thing...

I wish I had time to write more ship! I do love making Jack and Sam do all the things TPTB won't! *cackle* Of course, with my stories, the network would be a little upset if they did!

Comment

OT: What's the difference between a livejournal and a blog?

Comment

speaking of works in progress and long updates/abandonment "alternate politics" on ff.net better get updated again soon, because the newest one made me all at then end of the chapter.

devastated.

Comment

Originally posted by stargate barbie
            speaking of works in progress and long updates/abandonment "alternate politics" on ff.net better get updated again soon, because the newest one made me all at then end of the chapter.

devastated.
            I so share your feelings I was so looking foward to an update, my poor stomach hasn't recovered yet. How could she leave it like that
            I just hope she takes pity on us FAST .

Comment

Speaking of fanfic in general-I need some help.

I volunteered to be a fic reccer for one of the SG comms on Live Journal. I'm going to be reccing Sam/Jack fics in June. So-anyone here have any good reccomendations I can pass on?

Could you PM them to me? The thread goes by so fast sometimes, I'm scared I'll miss them.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Gatetrixer
                OT: What's the difference between a livejournal and a blog?
                OT Answer: Blog is a generic term shortened from web log. Live Journal is a provider of space for a blog.

Comment

I've posted in installments before but I had the whole series plotted out before I posted the first one. I also made sure, with one exception, the series could end happily if I had to stop but still left the reader wanting more.

Both "The Things for Love" series and the "Life's Journey" series were done this way. The exception was one installment of "Life's Journey". I left it a cliff hanger but I was almost finished with the next one, so no one burned me in effigy! *cackle* "The Things for Love" series was complete before I posted the first one, but I had a really over worked beta! (((TAME)))

And that's another thing. Get a beta reader. I couldn't have posted mine without one. They catch the really stupid stuff you miss after reading the story fourteen times... It's that "can't see the forest for the trees" thing...

I wish I had time to write more ship! I do love making Jack and Sam do all the things TPTB won't! *cackle* Of course, with my stories, the network would be a little upset if they did!
                  I need a new beta... Mine is very busy.

I love your fics Meimei! And Scifi might not like the thing you make them do...but it would work if the series was moved back to Showtime!

Spoiler:
                  Valenship banner by OXNatashaOX

Comment

Originally posted by gwenhwyfar
                    I need a new beta... Mine is very busy.

I love your fics Meimei! And Scifi might not like the thing you make them do...but it would work if the series was moved back to Showtime!
                    *cackle* Thanks, Gwen! I don't want it on Showtime though. I don't get Showtime!!

Comment

Originally posted by Oma-1
                      sorry hun - was being lazy cos I was typing one handed true to life.

Edit: oops squeeg-1 already said it!
                      Oma-1...I do love this wedding picture in your sign with a passion...Off topic I know but I had to say it!!!!

Comment

*Phew* Finally finished catching up. And I now have to go read all the S/J fics that were mentioned.

And I hope I'm not too late to add a Happy Birthday Token!
                        sigpic
                        Don't try to pull any crap on Magnus... if you know what's good for you.

Comment

Originally posted by nell
                          Yes, it's me with the shippy picture stories! Thanks, I have fun with those. I'll have to think of something soon. Right now I'm reading Amy Sithen's The Band. Set in Season 9. Sam and Jack romance. My favorite!!!
                          Yeah, this one is quite good...I enjoyed it A LOT!!!

Comment

wow i havent been on here in a while.. sorry guys.. so wat r we talking bout?
                            Thanks to Nad for my awesome sig!
                            Proud member of the SSHSOP, S.H.I.P and MOP!

Comment

OT Answer: Blog is a generic term shortened from web log. Live Journal is a provider of space for a blog.
                              Still scratching head and not getting it. Sooooo....if someone says read my Life Journal,do they really mean read my blog on Life Journal?

Comment

Yup!.. i think...lol
                                Thanks to Nad for my awesome sig!
                                Proud member of the SSHSOP, S.H.I.P and MOP!

Comment

Working...
                                X