This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zoser
    I realize that I come very late to this discussion but...
    Jack was standing with his team and maybe that's what he had just been doing - thanking them for saving his sorry butt. Yes it was rude to just walk away while Sam was talking - I think he takes a lot for granted - Pete's arrival on the scene seemed to be a surprise to him.
    I'm not totally defending him - he lasted 4 months in an Iraqi prison, he should have held out longed (Remember the look on his face when Laira gave him the shirt )
    The one major issue I had with 100 days-was Jack.

I wonder what the writers were thinking when they wrote that episode-a good man fighting to keep the faith and almost losing it and regaining it at the last moment? Thinking about embracing a life now that his old one may be lost to him? It just seems so wrong with how Jack had been portrayed.

And then....we have the cr*ppy way he treated Sam from the beginning of the episode and again at the end. Okay-her technobabble causes him to cross his eyes and hurts his brain-but-there is such a thing as consideration and kindness and politeness. And she spent 3 months working on bringing his sorry a$$ back-her reaction should have been Bite me...Sir!

And his asking Laira to come with? That was a huh? what? He spent the night with her and felt obligated. He fell in love with her during those 100 days?

Who knows-but from my perspective-that was very un-Jack like.
    Franklin said, "They that can give up essential liberty for a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

"Do or do not. There is no try." Yoda

Comment

Originally posted by pittsburghgirl
      The one major issue I had with 100 days-was Jack.

I wonder what the writers were thinking when they wrote that episode-a good man fighting to keep the faith and almost losing it and regaining it at the last moment? Thinking about embracing a life now that his old one may be lost to him? It just seems so wrong with how Jack had been portrayed.

And then....we have the cr*ppy way he treated Sam from the beginning of the episode and again at the end. Okay-her technobabble causes him to cross his eyes and hurts his brain-but-there is such a thing as consideration and kindness and politeness. And she spent 3 months working on bringing his sorry a$$ back-her reaction should have been Bite me...Sir!

And his asking Laira to come with? That was a huh? what? He spent the night with her and felt obligated. He fell in love with her during those 100 days?

Who knows-but from my perspective-that was very un-Jack like.
      One minute he tells her not to suck the fun out of the light show and the next, when the meteor get too big, he looks to her for scientific help. I think it was un-Jack like. I think of him as more polite - but I do have O'Neill on a pedestal.
      You were right when you said that the writers sacrifice character for a more dramatic plot.
      sigpic
      Distinguished Service Ribbon Goa'uld Campaign
      My Stories zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Artwork by Mala

Comment

One minute he tells her not to suck the fun out of the light show and the next, when the meteor get too big, he looks to her for scientific help. I think it was un-Jack like. I think of him as more polite - but I do have O'Neill on a pedestal.
        You were right when you said that the writers sacrifice character for a more dramatic plot.
        I'd say so. It looked as though the writers were trying to emphasize Sam's growing feelings for Jack and to draw attention to what she endured to bring him home and Jack's reaction, which seemed very out of character to me, was used as a dramatic point to underscore this.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Originally posted by UhSir
          Wow! I'm so far behind (40 pages) and I know I'll miss some good stuff with the skim reading job I'm doing now.

This caught my eye though, from May 1:

*runs off to get DVD and watch* SQUEE! I never saw it like that! Thanks you've made my day.

And this, same day:

My husband got me to be a shipper. He figured it from day one, but I held out. He also says that way back in the early seasons they were already more intimate than had been shown. I like to disagree with him just for sparks.
          Uhsir , never knew your hubby was a BIG shipper ... my hubby just ships cause I go

Comment

Sorry to go off topic, but I wanted to get a message to hopalong about the caps from Past and Present. I have 49 caps of that scene from when Sam pulls his hands off his ears up to the cut back to Sam. I sent you a PM with my email address. If you still need them just send me an email.

Of course, anyone else is welcome to them as well. Just send me a PM.

Here's a reduced down one:

Comment

http://www.multichannel.com/article/...ay=Top+Stories
              "..and forbidden romances finally bloom"
              that makes me pretty optomistic for 200!
              sigpic
              http://annorasponderings.tumblr.com/
              http://circumvented.tumblr.com/

Comment

I realize that I come very late to this discussion but...
                Jack was standing with his team and maybe that's what he had just been doing - thanking them for saving his sorry butt. Yes it was rude to just walk away while Sam was talking - I think he takes a lot for granted - Pete's arrival on the scene seemed to be a surprise to him.
                I'm not totally defending him - he lasted 4 months in an Iraqi prison, he should have held out longed (Remember the look on his face when Laira gave him the shirt )
                For the 2 years I have been posting, 100 days has got to be the most discussed ep on this thread.

I wished they had given us more insight as to why Jack acted that way.
                Last edited by Rogue; 11 May 2006, 02:00 PM.
                Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

Originally posted by Rogue
                  For the 2 years I have been posting, 100 days has got to be the most discussed ep on this thread.

i would bet that the writers hadn't a clue. it was a gee-I wonder what would happen if.........was stranded on another planet and couldn't get back???? what would .......do? throw in a hot babe-loneliness.....hmmmm-other than that....i don't think they even considered how the fans would react to the story-of course i read that the fandom went nuts over Liara and what happened with her.
                  Franklin said, "They that can give up essential liberty for a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

"Do or do not. There is no try." Yoda

Comment

Originally posted by UhSir
                    Okay, I’m beat. I just went through over 40 pages of posts. My eyes are glazed over and I’ll admit I did start more radical skimming after 30 pages. I hope I didn’t miss anything but I probably did. On top of that, my DSL connection dropped twice and then the whole town lost all power for half an hour!! Talk about frustration factors.

Anyway, I was very intrigued by the discussion about A Hundred Days so I want to say my two bits.

A Hundred Days... that is one episode I do not watch, at least try not to. I definitely have never thought, “I’m in the mood to watch an old SG-1 ep, hmm, gee, oh look A Hundred Days!” Gak! There is just too much to not like about Laira’s manipulative, conniving... *shudders remembering the scene before she hears the radio*
                    Paraphrased (blame my shippy brain for errors)
                    Laira carries Jack’s SG gear out of the house
                    Jack: “What are you doing?”
                    Laira: “I thought I’d get rid of these things.”
                    Jack: “Wait there’s some good stuff in there.”
                    Laira: “Does it remind you of home?” [snark snark]
                    Jack: [defeatedly] “Get rid of it.”

The Jack and Laira dialogs about him accepting that he was stuck there forever just didn’t settle with me. We, as viewers, heard earlier that the Tollan could get a ship there in about a year’s time. Now, Jack won’t know the specific date, but he will know something will arrive eventually. Therefore, he knows he won’t be there permanently and he’s a very responsible man, especially when it’s about children (*thoughts of Learning Curve*) so why would he go for a one-night-stand? I don’t believe he and Laira slept together.

I don’t really remember the ending too well and reading all of the posts about it has me scratching my head. My little shippy brain has obviously reworked the ending. I’ll just keep it that way. Ignorance can be bliss. (Except when it comes to writers who can’t write stories that make sense or stay in character. Then it’s, oh forget it.)

Welcome back UhSir!

I'd like to believe that he and Laira did not sleep together. Both as a shipper and a Jack fan. But the way she placed her hands over her abdomen in the end makes me believe they did.

UNLESS...She did it because they didn't SLEEP together, just a little making out before he passed out from over-indulging in the local drink, and, as she watched him go, she was WISHING they had so she would have a kid and something to remember him by!

Spoiler:
                    Valenship banner by OXNatashaOX

Comment

Originally posted by Rogue

Why oh why do we torture ourselves? Let's discuss something else - QUICK!!!!!!!

Kay, thinking, thinking, thinking, thinking ......... still thinking ........... ah fcol it aint working

D@mn that Laira woman! I think she had a voodoo doll of Jack and made him say and do those horrible things! deep breath in, deep breath out; good thoughts in, bad thoughts out

I hate that ep so much that if it wasn't for the Sam parts showing how much she cares for Jack I'd erase it from my DVD collection.
                      Last edited by Oma-1; 11 May 2006, 02:34 PM.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Oma-1

Why oh why do we torture ourselves? Let's discuss something else - QUICK!!!!!!!

Kay, thinking, thinking, thinking, thinking ......... still thinking ........... ah fcol it aint working

D@mn that Laira woman! I think she had a voodoo doll of Jack and made him say and do those horrible things! deep breath in, deep breath out; good thoughts in, bad thoughts out

I hate that ep so much that if it wasn't for the Sam parts showing how much she cares for Jack I'd erase it from my DVD collection.
                        Sam got back at Jack for sleeping with Laira. She slept with Pete! They both made big mistakes and hurt each other's feeling through the seasons! But in real life don't most people do the same.
                        sigpic

Comment

S10 Speculations

Spoiler:
                          Caty, I think if Sam got promoted again she would go from Lt Col to Colonel. I think you're right about this possibly being the last season for the original SG-1. Hopefully this will mean the ship being resolved by the end of season 10 and Sam will either be heading up the science dept in the SGC or returning to Area 51 again, so she's in a more regular job to allow for and a family life.

Anybody care to speculate on what the 3rd Stargate show may be??
                          Spoiler:
                          I do wonder if it will be based around either Daniel or Teal'c (in the same way we got Angel from Buffy). I'm guessing whatever it is it will leave a door open for crossovers and guest appearances from SG-1, SGA and AT/RDA/CJ/MS.

To be honest I really don't have a clue!

I do have to agree with you about the 3rd show It would be a good idea we could then perhaps get the original team back now and again. I have this feeling that AT is going to want to scale down her work load she might be thinking about more kids in the future and the work schedule is pretty hectic. She and RDA could make the occasional guest appearance. Sounds like a plan B to me.

Comment

Originally posted by trupi
                            Sam got back at Jack for sleeping with Laira. She slept with Pete! They both made big mistakes and hurt each other's feeling through the seasons! But in real life don't most people do the same.
                            Unfortunately that's true. It's a good job we learn to forgive and forget too. (Except Laira of course; for her, there is no forgiveness )

I think it's safe to say that Sam and Jack have forgiven each other for the many things over the years. Keeping it in the room hasn't been easy for them or us But the lock is rusting and hints have been sneaking out. I hope S10 blows that door off its hinges and gives us some real RST!!!!
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by trupi
                              Yes she did, but she was in a relationship with Pete. It was also after her concussion aboard the Prometheus, where she thought that Jack was a safe bet etc. She realised she wanted more from life, like a husband, 2.4 kids and the house with the white picket fence, but because of the regs was unable to find this with Jack.
                              Of course, we all know that if this had been in real life, that the two of them would have talked this over and made changes so they could get together, but since it's a tv show we're left with Sam seeking all this from another guy.
                              I can understand why Sam was with Pete, although I despise the whole badly written storyline.
                              I don't understand Jack with Laira, as it just seems far too out of character for me.
                              Thankfully, all this is behind us now, and our ship will sail!
                              sigpic

Comment

Unfortunately that's true. It's a good job we learn to forgive and forget too. (Except Laira of course; for her, there is no forgiveness )

I think it's safe to say that Sam and Jack have forgiven each other for the many things over the years. Keeping it in the room hasn't been easy for them or us But the lock is rusting and hints have been sneaking out. I hope S10 blows that door off its hinges and gives us some real RST!!!!

Time for some C4 to blow that door.

Comment

Working...
                                X