X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shelsfc
    LOL, yeah, a great line!
    I think AT had something to do with that change of direction, didn't she? I vaguely remember reading that somewhere...
    I think I read somewhere she didn't want the character to me a cliche, one-dimentional, feminist so she went to go see the writers.

How does everyone think the Sam/Jack relationship would have progressed if they had kept the original characterization of Sam?

Spoiler:
    Valenship banner by OXNatashaOX

Comment

Happy birthday Nickatell! (Sorry I didn't get you in at the same time as K8T - this will teach me how to read.)

Why am I here in the infirmary again, Carter?
      Sir, you ate an entire cake for Nickatell's birthday!
      sigpic
      Don't try to pull any crap on Magnus... if you know what's good for you.

Comment

HAPPY BIRTHDAY K8tbug1 AND Nickatell!!!!!!!

Happy Posting
        It doesn't matter what you believe in, just believe in something. I believe in myself, in others, in Love, in peace and Health and well-being for ALL.....

Comment

happy brithday
          to everyone
          have a
          great day
          the best formular
          (+)x(+)=
          proud member of ship ship hooray special Ops team

Comment

HAPPY BIRTHDAY NICKATELL AND K8TBUG1!

Homer and Jack once again celebrating a shipper's birthday.
            Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

HAPPY BIRTHDAY NICKATELL AND K8TBUG1!

sigpic

Comment

Thanks Gatebee, SqueeG-1, FaithStars, true romance, Rogue and dipsofjazz with how busy everyones day is, thank you for taking the time to wish me a happy birthday, I really appreciate it.

Comment

Originally posted by gwenhwyfar
                  I think I read somewhere she didn't want the character to me a cliche, one-dimentional, feminist so she went to go see the writers.

How does everyone think the Sam/Jack relationship would have progressed if they had kept the original characterization of Sam?
                  It is quite possible that Jack would have strangled Sam

I should point out that I'm a feminist and even I would never have said some of Sam's lines in the earliest episodes of season 1!

I liked (Moebius spoilers)

Spoiler:
                  the way in which the alt Sam tries out the 'reproductive organs line' and then says 'gah, who says that!'
                  always and forever
                  My LJ http://historianheidi.livejournal.com
                  My History Website http:thehistorian.net

Comment

Thanks again everyone for all the Birthday wishes *brings everyone in Sam/Jack thread in big bear hug* You guys are the greatest!!!!!!

Comment

Happy B-day k8tbug1 !!

Hey shippers !!!! RL has been keeping me busy lately so i've not been able to get on for a good gab lately and i'm only on for awhile before i speed off again So anyway hope your all good and hopefully i'll be able to get on for more than 5 min's soon to chat with ya'll

Comment

Happy birthday once more k8! And Happy Birthday nickatell too!!

Ok why am here instead of typing this summary that I have to hand over tomorrow? Oh yeah, because I love this forum!

Comment

Originally posted by gwenhwyfar

It wouldn't have. IMHO, the show wouldn't have been as successful as it was if Sam had been like that the whole way through. She wouldn't have been a very likeable character. And Jack wouldn't have fallen quite so completely for her

Comment

Originally posted by scjon
                            It is quite possible that Jack would have strangled Sam

I should point out that I'm a feminist and even I would never have said some of Sam's lines in the earliest episodes of season 1!

I liked (Moebius spoilers)

Spoiler:
                            the way in which the alt Sam tries out the 'reproductive organs line' and then says 'gah, who says that!'
                            I'm a feminist too and I rolled my eyes at the line.

I loved that part of Moeibus! I love it when the show makes fun of itself.

I don't think the relationship would have worked out if they had kept the character the same.Jack would have wanted her transfered right away. I also don't think SG-1 would have been a family like they are.

And Happy Birthday to the birthday people!!!!

Spoiler:
                            Valenship banner by OXNatashaOX

Comment

What I like about the character of Sam is her Intelligence, her determination.....I like that she is strong(she knows who she is and what she wants) Sam is just one of the guys, most of the time. That being said.....I also enjoy the fact that she can be completely vulnerable, she may be one of the "guys".....but she stays in touch with her femininity. Sam is in touch with her feelings. I think she longs for love and romance same as the next gal....

That is why I think(a small part at least) Jack is in love with her. Jack wouldn't be happy with someone who wasn't whole. I think he loves all of the things they share on a military level but, also loves who she is as a woman(kind,caring,warm and loving,look at how she takes care of her friends and family...cassie..etc.). Jack doesn't have to complete her.....

This is why I think(and have thought from the begining)that Sam and Jack have it. What I mean by "it" is........the attraction, the respect, the passion(not only for eachother, but a good part), the love on a much deeper level. I could go on........but I wont.

Happy Posting
                              It doesn't matter what you believe in, just believe in something. I believe in myself, in others, in Love, in peace and Health and well-being for ALL.....

Comment

Originally posted by k8tbug1
                                Thanks again everyone for all the Birthday wishes *brings everyone in Sam/Jack thread in big bear hug* You guys are the greatest!!!!!!
                                Oh no, am I still in time? Life has been quite busy and I haven't really been here much, so k8tbug1, Nickatell and all the other birthdays I missed

and to all the newbies recently delurked , happy posting

Comment

Working...
                                X