This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gatetrixer
    Oh, the ship will get resolved in the sequel to the movie or maybe even in the second sequel. Jack will almost be getting medicare (or would if he were a civilian retiree instead of military). I'm sorry for waxing sarcastic, but I'm getting bad vibes about ship being put off again.
    Well, they may not get married or anything right away, but come on! They have to move the ship forward in some way! At least we should get a big honkin' kiss! They can't keep dancing around it, especially since Jack is now out of Sam's direct chain of command. We will get some movement forward. I'm convinced of that!
    Originally posted by ParadoxRealities
    but...but....tie up loose ends! that's got to mean something! jack's coming back! he...they...!

no, i refuse to listen to this. <fills glass to brim and waits patiently for july>
    That's all we can do--wait--and speculate--and write fanfic--and make videos--and discuss ideas!!!!!

+ =

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay
      1 - At the beginning of season eight - New Order pt 2
      2 - Nobody quite knows...there's nothing been confirmed on the show, though they have said that Jack's now head of homeland security
      having to do with New Order pt 2 "because I get to do really cool things like this"....heehee I love the way he said that line.

sig by chlex

Comment

Originally posted by gwenhwyfar
        That's true.

Supposedly the X-Files movie is "in the works". I'm not sure if I will see it because I'm still slightly mad at one Chris Carter!

BTW: Anyone else notice how Stargate is mirroring TXF?
        Oh, yes! And I find it very ironic that in an earlier audio commentary on a DVD, TIIC commented on how much they admired CC, and then they proceed to screw up their show in the EXACT SAME WAY that he did.

These greedy people need to learn when to let a show go out on a high note, and who exactly on their shows keep them afloat.

I'm hoping for a much better 'ship resolution for Sam and Jack than Mulder and Scully got, but I'm not holding my breath. XF was such a nightmare ending, I'm actually kind of glad a new movie hasn't come out yet. <shrug> But, at least, there is still hope for S/J.
        - Mary
        SG1 needs it's Fifth Man - Why should we settle for less? Bring back Jonas Quinn!
        Jack O'Neill would die for any member of his team. But there's only one he'd live for: Samantha Carter.

Comment

ParadoxRealities asked these questions about season 10 and the proposed Stargate movie. dipsofjazz answered them first. Here are my thoughts….

Q. What GOOD do you think could come from the movie?

A. I hope the movie serves to solidify Stargate as the mega-scifi franchise that it is. Hopefully, BW has come up with a good scipt idea, and with more money, we should get some great special effects. As to the S/J Ship, I believe it will remain wherever it is at the end of S10.

Q. Does it mean there won't be ship in s10?

A. I agree with dips that TPTB have gotten the message that many fans didn’t care much for S9. It strayed too far from the main themes, and long-time fans couldn't get comfortable with it. The S/J Ship is one of the show's enduring themes. I believe we'll see a definite advance in the Sam/Jack relationship in S10. If the characters don't move forward (as we know they would in real life--come on, it's been a decade!!!), more long-time fans will walk, and the fan base will be reduced. That's not something you want to happen right before you start production on a feature film! You need everyone in your corner!

And, a side note: Maybe AT and MS will be working on the new film when they're missing those S10 eps! It would be more cost-effective to shoot both projects concurrently.

Q. Does it mean there WILL be ship in s10? In the movie?

A. I think the S/J Ship will advance in S10, and stay at that point through the movie.

Q. Will RDA be in the movie? Will AT?

A. Abso-frackin'-lutely! You don't think they'll make the movie without them, do you? Without the biggest name associated with the franchise (and his lady love), a large segment of the fan base wouldn't care! It would be like original Trek without Kirk and Spock! (You know what I mean......)

Q. Will Sam get Jack's eagles WHEN she's promoted?

A. Who cares---as long as they make a decision to be together?????? 'Cause, you know:

+ =
          Last edited by sg-1fanintn; 12 April 2006, 02:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by NG.1
            Huh? Huh? Movie? MOVIE!? Did I suddenly land in some alternative universe? OMG!!!
            AU? don't think so... I mean...

- Stargate Movie
            - Jack in S10
            - Open Acknowledgment of Ship
            - When asked if there will be Sam and Jack Ship on season 10 the answer is a firm "Yes" and from AT...

Nope, this is shippers everyday... usual... boring... I wish they would put some more excitement, like S/J relationship in Jeopardy, bring in a love interest for Sam, have RDA not coming remotely close to the show... forgetting the word Ship...

Proud Member of the Ship, Ship Hooray Special Ops Team
            Interviews with The O'Neills: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5, Part 6, Part 7, Part 8, Part 9, Part 10
            Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild

Comment

Originally posted by SAM&JACKquietschSHIP
              PHEW! ok-thanx

QUESTION : what happens in 1969 ? Never have seen it and wonder what they talked about near the fire....
              Well, I'm not into repeating post, but here is my interpretation I think I might continue the Interviews with the O'Neills stories

JACK: Shippers it's time for you to know why I've always said that 1969 was a good year. It all came to me in a cup of tea... when I as a little boy Nana O'Neill taught me how to read tea leaves... and well, there it was, clear as the full moon on a dark night... what I've always know... all spelled out.
              LOL4JACK: What did you see?
              JACK: That we were ment to be...
              LOL4JACK: Sam what was your reaction?

JACK: I showed it to her...

SAM: Theoretically sir... there is, explanation, no existe, &^$()#%^

SAM: Jack, we will be together
              JACK: Yes Sirieee.... Sam and Jack together

Proud Member of the Ship, Ship Hooray Special Ops Team
              Interviews with The O'Neills: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5, Part 6, Part 7, Part 8, Part 9, Part 10
              Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild

Comment

Could whoever posted it tell me where that article is again about "ship in TV shows?" It was quite interesting and brought up what I call "the curse of Moonlighting."

Comment

Originally posted by LOL4JACK
                  AU? don't think so... I mean...

- Stargate Movie
                  - Jack in S10
                  - Open Acknowledgment of Ship
                  - When asked if there will be Sam and Jack Ship on season 10 the answer is a firm "Yes" and from AT...

Nope, this is shippers everyday... usual... boring... I wish they would put some more excitement, like S/J relationship in Jeopardy, bring in a love interest for Sam, have RDA not coming remotely close to the show... forgetting the word Ship...
                  FCOL, don't give them any ideas. Oh, yeah, they already did all that.

Comment

Originally posted by LOL4JACK
                    Well, I'm not into repeating post, but here is my interpretation I think I might continue the Interviews with the O'Neills stories

JACK: Shippers it's time for you to know why I've always said that 1969 was a good year. It all came to me in a cup of tea... when I as a little boy Nana O'Neill taught me how to read tea leaves... and well, there it was, clear as the full moon on a dark night... what I've always know... all spelled out.
                    LOL4JACK: What did you see?
                    JACK: That we were ment to be...
                    LOL4JACK: Sam what was your reaction?

JACK: I showed it to her...

SAM: Theoretically sir... there is, explanation, no existe, &^$()#%^

SAM: Jack, we will be together
                    JACK: Yes Sirieee.... Sam and Jack together
                    Teehee. See, it's fate!
                    sigpic
                    Don't try to pull any crap on Magnus... if you know what's good for you.

Comment

I have a fic rec: http://community.livejournal.com/sam...979652#t979652

It deals with Jack and Sam coming to terms with their own relationship after Daniel ascends.

Comment

I wanted to run a fanfic plot idea by you all.

I am thinking of writing a fic where Sam and Jack address everything. Pete, Kerry, the engagement. They finally really talk about it and address their feelings that they have had all these years. It would happen after Threads.
                        I guess the reason I am running it past everyone is...well the second chapter would be...adult. As in too much to post at ff.net adult. Yes that's right Gwen has an NC-17 fanfic plot bunny!

I guess I'm just wondering, if I write it would anybody read it? Does it sound like a good fic?

Please let me know because I can probably have the thing written and posted tonight. I'm a fast writer.

Spoiler:
                        Valenship banner by OXNatashaOX

Comment

Originally posted by MirthMistress
                          Here is a link to Slate' Magazine's article about shipping. Unfortunately ours isn't mentioned but RST, good writing and fanfic are. http://www.slate.com/id/2139176/?GT1=8019
                          Here's the "Moonlighting Syndrome" article

Comment

Originally posted by gwenhwyfar
                            I wanted to run a fanfic plot idea by you all.

I am thinking of writing a fic where Sam and Jack address everything. Pete, Kerry, the engagement. They finally really talk about it and address their feelings that they have had all these years. It would happen after Threads.
                            I guess the reason I am running it past everyone is...well the second chapter would be...adult. As in too much to post at ff.net adult. Yes that's right Gwen has an NC-17 fanfic plot bunny!

I guess I'm just wondering, if I write it would anybody read it? Does it sound like a good fic?

Please let me know because I can probably have the thing written and posted tonight. I'm a fast writer.
                            if it's IC, i'd read it.
                            sigpic
                            "Out of the Abyss" (SJ Angst)....................Best New Author.................."Else Close the Wall Up" (Sam)
                            Hic Comitas Regit. Welcome to Samanda.

Comment

Night, all. Catch you on the flip side.

Comment

Originally posted by Deejay435
                                I have a fic rec: http://community.livejournal.com/sam...979652#t979652

It deals with Jack and Sam coming to terms with their own relationship after Daniel ascends.
                                Thanks for the rec! I really enjoyed it.
                                sigpic
                                Don't try to pull any crap on Magnus... if you know what's good for you.

Comment

Working...
                                X