Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

With Ship Nana's cookies, Poz's cake, all the fanfics and squees and happy dancing,
    I'd say we have ourselves the makings for a rousing Shipper Party. Now I'll add some fireworks.......

OH, LOOK!! Our guests of honor, Sam and Jack, are here to enjoy the show with us!!!

SHIPSHIPHOORAY!!! SHIPSHIPHOORAY!!!

sigpic

Comment

I feel the need to throw in a SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEETOLDYOUSOEEEEEEEE!!!

LOL... hey Sal, next time just take my word for it in the first place

Also Gail R, Jo R & Annunaki are in my top 5 in SG ship fic... along with Strix & Sky Diver.

Brilliant work from all of the above mentioned... brilliant and plausible characterisations of all of the characters.

sigpic

Comment

I know everybody - myself included - is in a joyful haze over RDA coming back, but I just *have* to post this fic rec! <g>

I just read Counterbalance by Sally Reeve and was totally bowled over at what a good story it is! It's the first time since I discovered SG that a fic has made me cry. JackClone's complete and total loneliness is so incredibly well written that you can't help but have your heart break for him.

Am I arriving to the party late on this story? I hope Sally knows how wonderful this is. Can she be emailed to give kudos? The copy I had didn't have an email address on it.
        - Mary
        SG1 needs it's Fifth Man - Why should we settle for less? Bring back Jonas Quinn!
        Jack O'Neill would die for any member of his team. But there's only one he'd live for: Samantha Carter.

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
          Oh, FaithStars, I have that experience EVERY day! It's part of the disease...all part of being in this world we call fandom! And I've got it so bad I'm even smiling as I type it!!!

+ =
          I don't see anyone lining up for a cure.
          sigpic
          Don't try to pull any crap on Magnus... if you know what's good for you.

Comment

Originally posted by SqueeG-1
            I don't see anyone lining up for a cure.
            Well....uh....no! That would spoil the fun! (Tee-hee!)

+ =

Comment

Originally posted by Buc252
              I know everybody - myself included - is in a joyful haze over RDA coming back, but I just *have* to post this fic rec! <g>

I just read Counterbalance by Sally Reeve and was totally bowled over at what a good story it is! It's the first time since I discovered SG that a fic has made me cry. JackClone's complete and total loneliness is so incredibly well written that you can't help but have your heart break for him.

Am I arriving to the party late on this story? I hope Sally knows how wonderful this is. Can she be emailed to give kudos? The copy I had didn't have an email address on it.
              Mary.....do you have a link to the story?

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
                Mary.....do you have a link to the story?
                It's at www.samandjack.net. Here's a link that, hopefully, will work:

http://www.samandjack.net/stories/sj...erbalence.html
                - Mary
                SG1 needs it's Fifth Man - Why should we settle for less? Bring back Jonas Quinn!
                Jack O'Neill would die for any member of his team. But there's only one he'd live for: Samantha Carter.

Comment

You can find all of her stories here:

http://uk.geocities.com/mystories_uk/stargateindex.html

They're all amazing. She went on to write as Sally Malcom for the Fandemonium novels, as I understand it.

-

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                  ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
                    You can find all of her stories here:

http://uk.geocities.com/mystories_uk/stargateindex.html

They're all amazing. She went on to write as Sally Malcom for the Fandemonium novels, as I understand it.

-
                    She's also writing West Wing fanfiction, if you're a fan of that show. She writes Josh and Donna as beautifully as she writes Sam and Jack.

Comment

Hooray!! Ship Nana is back!!!
                      ((((((Ship Nana))))))

COOKIES!

I posted my Amanda experience over in the Sam thread, but I have to share it with my Shipper Family too.

Vancouver was my first con so I was a little overwhelmed. Sunday brunch *cough* pre-dawn meal *cough* was at 7:45 am. As Amanda, J.R. Bourne, and Cliff Simon entered the room; the excitement started. My table was one of the last to be visited by all the stars. When Amanda walked up to the empty chair at our table, (note to future con attendees: if your table doesn't have an empty chair, go get one, and then place it next to you. ) she said, "they told me not to sit down, but whatever." She sat down, and asked how we were doing. She wanted to know where each of us was from. After telling her where I was from, she asked if we had met before. I told her "no" that this was my first convention. She did not want to let go of the idea that we had met before and informed me that I had a twin. I told her that I have heard that I have a twin, but I don't know her. Anyway, she would not leave the table until she had greeted each of the guests at the table. She is wonderful!

Later at the photo op, Amanda again asked if I was sure we hadn't met. (Ok, I'm starting to wonder if she is stalking me. ) I assured her we hadn't, and she called me her doppleganger. (I didn't know what that was until I looked it up )

Here's the best part...
                      At the autograph table, I had her sign my poster of Shippertown. Before she signed it, she read the history paragraph and laughed at "Shipper Rehab". After signing it, she shook my hand! WOW!! I then said, "Now, we've met!"

I have been on a Shipper and Amanda high ever since Sunday!

btw...Sally, the email is too big. I'm going to have to figure something out.

Token ~

Comment

I was reading in the Stargate News Thread about the new girl character for Season 10 and found this.
                        Season 10 "Flesh and Blood"
                        Spoiler:
                        The person gave the IMDB link to the actress that will play the new Ori bad girl. I followed the link and was SHOCKED to see General Jack O'Neill listed under the credits!!! Does this mean Jack will be in the first episode of Season 10????

Here's the link:
                        http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0756405/

Bring on July!!!!!

Token ~

Comment

Originally posted by Token
                          Hooray!! Ship Nana is back!!!
                          ((((((Ship Nana))))))

COOKIES!

I posted my Amanda experience over in the Sam thread, but I have to share it with my Shipper Family too.

Vancouver was my first con so I was a little overwhelmed. Sunday brunch *cough* pre-dawn meal *cough* was at 7:45 am. As Amanda, J.R. Bourne, and Cliff Simon entered the room; the excitement started. My table was one of the last to be visited by all the stars. When Amanda walked up to the empty chair at our table, (note to future con attendees: if your table doesn't have an empty chair, go get one, and then place it next to you. ) she said, "they told me not to sit down, but whatever." She sat down, and asked how we were doing. She wanted to know where each of us was from. After telling her where I was from, she asked if we had met before. I told her "no" that this was my first convention. She did not want to let go of the idea that we had met before and informed me that I had a twin. I told her that I have heard that I have a twin, but I don't know her. Anyway, she would not leave the table until she had greeted each of the guests at the table. She is wonderful!

Later at the photo op, Amanda again asked if I was sure we hadn't met. (Ok, I'm starting to wonder if she is stalking me. ) I assured her we hadn't, and she called me her doppleganger. (I didn't know what that was until I looked it up )

Here's the best part...
                          At the autograph table, I had her sign my poster of Shippertown. Before she signed it, she read the history paragraph and laughed at "Shipper Rehab". After signing it, she shook my hand! WOW!! I then said, "Now, we've met!"

I have been on a Shipper and Amanda high ever since Sunday!

btw...Sally, the email is too big. I'm going to have to figure something out.
                          Sounds like you had a great time Token!
                          sigpic
                          Don't try to pull any crap on Magnus... if you know what's good for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Token
                            I was reading in the Stargate News Thread about the new girl character for Season 10 and found this.
                            Season 10 "Flesh and Blood"
                            Spoiler:
                            The person gave the IMDB link to the actress that will play the new Ori bad girl. I followed the link and was SHOCKED to see General Jack O'Neill listed under the credits!!! Does this mean Jack will be in the first episode of Season 10????

Here's the link:
                            http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0756405/

Bring on July!!!!!

All of us going to Shore Leave are sre--- since non of the hotels have SCIFI channel. Hopefully the people at Shore Leave can get something together to show us the show.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lunar
                              I haven't been here for ages but what's this I hear about
                              Spoiler:
                              Jack back for five whole eps!
                              ??
                              (((((((Lunar))))))))

How great to see you back! I hope RDA's return is going to inspire more SJ fic Hope you stick around some - your unique sense of humour has been missed
                              sigpic

Comment

TOKEN!!!! It looks like you made it home in one piece. Now I know that my autograph on the official Shippertown map is worth a small fortune but I hope that you shall be able to restrain yourself from selling it off on Ebay.

Anywho, it looks as though the predictable boos and hisses have arisen in regards to Jack coming back and the possibility of S/J ship. Sadly, it's not that surprising. I wish there were a way that everybody could be happy but I've resigned myself to the fact that it won't work out that way and right now I'm just hoping that we're not the ones going to get burned. Yes, I'm feeling selfish.

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

Comment

Working...
                                X