This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gwenhwyfar
    We S/J Shippers are everywhere! I just found out last weekend that my mother's best friend's husband is a shipper! But he understands why they could not be together since he is Army (reserves).

But my mother and I were talking and she said "People will do what they want." And she is ex-Army so...
    Well, I understand that if you mess around with the military rules when you just got in , it's pretty bad but really , after 8 years of UST and being extra good with the rules in the personal department , Jack decided to move away from SGC so that he could be with Sam..This was the whole point of Kerry and Kerry's conversation to Jack in Threads ..so I believed that they can now be together , no matter what .. and when Jack said always , I think he was 100 % sure about what was the next step for him to take , so that he can have a relationship with Sam .I really do not think he planned to wait another year or 2 to have Sam for him ...No way

Caty

Comment

Originally posted by Catysg1
      Well, I understand that if you mess around with the military rules when you just got in , it's pretty bad but really , after 8 years of UST and being extra good with the rules in the personal department , Jack decided to move away from SGC so that he could be with Sam..This was the whole point of Kerry and Kerry's conversation to Jack in Threads ..so I believed that they can now be together , no matter what .. and when Jack said always , I think he was 100 % sure about what was the next step for him to take , so that he can have a relationship with Sam .I really do not think he planned to wait another year or 2 to have Sam for him ...No way

Caty
      Well,
      Spoiler:
      "not exactly"
      had to mean something. We didn't make it up out of thin air. TPTB wrote, directed, and sanctioned it. Whether it meant
      Spoiler:
      Jack
      or an orangutan I have no idea but it was not some sort of mass hallucination. SOMETHING is going on. I guess we'll just have to wait for s10 and hope it gets explained.

Comment

Caty
        This is actually the subject of my next fic...

I agree completely! And the fishing scene at the end of Threads added to that.

Spoiler:
        Valenship banner by OXNatashaOX

Comment

Originally posted by MirthMistress
          Well,
          Spoiler:
          "not exactly"
          had to mean something. We didn't make it up out of thin air. TPTB wrote, directed, and sanctioned it. Whether it meant
          Spoiler:
          Jack
          or an orangutan I have no idea but it was not some sort of mass hallucination. SOMETHING is going on. I guess we'll just have to wait for s10 and hope it gets explained.
          But it is a mass halucination! There is no Jack and never was! We Shippers are a delusional bunch and have imagined a whole character and that he was in the last eight seasons! It it Cam and always has been!

Just to clarify I was being very very sarcastic...

Spoiler:

Comment

I don't think TPTB listen to the fan (GW) unless the ratings go downhill ..If they still see some good ratings , they will carry on not listening to the fans.This is exactly what they did with the Sam and Jack fanbase . They didn't care about what all the shippers wanted in season 9 ..even an little acknowledgement of Love between Sam and Jack and clear enough to make us happy , was too much to ask ..and that only because the ratings have been decent ,I suppose ...

......but may be, they will learn their lesson too late once the season 9 DVD boxset is out because I doubt that even one S/J shipper will buy that boxset ...

......and we know how many S/J shippers are around ..... A lot !!!!.. and can I just say , that all the friends I know who watch SG1 are Sam and Jack shippers ..They do not go online to talk about it but they are there , everywhere .

Caty
            After seeing all of Season 9 I can say I would not buy it, even on sale.
            sigpic
            Distinguished Service Ribbon Goa'uld Campaign
            My Stories zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Artwork by Mala

Comment

But it is a mass halucination! There is no Jack and never was! We Shippers are a delusional bunch and have imagined a whole character and that he was in the last eight seasons! It it Cam and always has been!

Whew! Don't get me wrong, Cam does have a couple of redeeming features. He's not at all bad looking and being a southern girl, I take comfort in his accent. That aside, he doesn't elicit the warm fuzzies and overall hubba hubba that Jack does. I've lived in my own little world for years. Just ask any of my subjects -I mean friends! Therefore, if Jack is just a figment of my imagination, I cordially invite all shippers to make a state visit to my world for all the Jack thunk you desire. It's good to be queen!

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay
                *growl*

everyone look at the camelot poll on GW's front page...What the...hell is going on with that?

They're rigging the polls to keep the fan rating up
                i saw it. what a joke. they (and we know who *they* are) need to realize that a poll like this has 'never' had this amount of ppl voting, so for it to suddenly happen... sock puppets out of control!

think, puppets, before you pull your strings!

sally
                sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                  i saw it. what a joke. they (and we know who *they* are) need to realize that a poll like this has 'never' had this amount of ppl voting, so for it to suddenly happen... sock puppets out of control!

think, puppets, before you pull your strings!

sally
                  poor P-i-n-o-c-c-h-i-o. I wish we had our "real boy". No more lies, no more whales, no more Pleasure Islands. Just our real boy and our real girl. C'mon, Blue Fairy! You can do it. Just wave your wand and all will be right with the universe. All alternate realities will be aligned and there will be peace in our time.

If that's not enough mixed metaphor and cliche ridden, I don't know what else to do.

Comment

Originally posted by MirthMistress
                    Yea, mommy! Yea mommy's best friend's husband! No boxsets for shippers! That should be our battle cry. Hallowed are the shippers. Follow the path of ship or be destroyed.
                    I just told my mother she's popular at GateWorld. She's not that excited about ti. I live in a house where I'm the only Stargate fan... But I am slowly converting them (well my mother anyway)... Soon all will come to the side of Stargate and

Spoiler:

Comment

I'm not sure how many of us live in houses where other inhabitants care wherher or not they are popular on GW. If I told my husband he was popular on this site, I think he'd say "oh, how nice" and keep yammering about something totally innane. Like now, for example.

Comment

Originally posted by marimba26
                        Here's the thing, I'm still a Sam and Jack shipper. I just ship them in the same way that I ship John and Aeryn--DVDs, fanfiction and videos. I don't consider John and Aeryn dead and there are still forums dedicated to them that are alive and well. So, in the spirit of John/Aeryn and Mulder/Scully, I can now ship Sam and Jack exactly the way *I* want to--not the way some PTB thinks I should. Which is liberating.
                        Excellent point. I like the positive spin this puts on the current state of affairs (and boy did we ever need one!).
                        sigpic

Comment

I don't think that TPTB would listen to the actors about the direction of the show .they didn't listen to AT when she wanted another direction in "Affinity" about the marriage proposal and she didn't get what she wanted .
                          I do not think that AT would say to TPTB that she had enough to play Sam with a ship to Jack , because I think she knows it may well destroy a big part of the interest of the show .
                          Anyway TPTB did what they wanted . TPTB are made of very unloving men anyway and apparently , it seems like "Faithfullness" " or "being faithfull" is a word/expression that they have never heard of ..... looks like they like to play games with feelings . I don't think that one man in the TPTB team knows about "true love", otherwise , the faifhfull and passionate one would have reacted and clear the mess up .
                          Where are the women writers when we need them ?!!

caty

Yes, but she *did* get what she wanted when she said she wanted a boyfriend. Ugh ugh ugh!!! So the actors are not completely without influence. But influence isn't the same as ultimate power.
                          - Mary
                          SG1 needs it's Fifth Man - Why should we settle for less? Bring back Jonas Quinn!
                          Jack O'Neill would die for any member of his team. But there's only one he'd live for: Samantha Carter.

Comment

I don't think that TPTB would listen to the actors about the direction of the show .they didn't listen to AT when she wanted another direction in "Affinity" about the marriage proposal and she didn't get what she wanted .
                            I do not think that AT would say to TPTB that she had enough to play Sam with a ship to Jack , because I think she knows it may well destroy a big part of the interest of the show .
                            Anyway TPTB did what they wanted . TPTB are made of very unloving men anyway and apparently , it seems like "Faithfullness" " or "being faithfull" is a word/expression that they have never heard of ..... looks like they like to play games with feelings . I don't think that one man in the TPTB team knows about "true love", otherwise , the faifhfull and passionate one would have reacted and clear the mess up .
                            Where are the women writers when we need them ?!!

caty

100% correct..if any TV show can be looked upon as a case study on what a negative impact the lack of female writers can have, it's Stargate. it's become cartoonish. there is no depth to the show now. everything has become repetative and one dimensional. it's so one note now. it's like watching a video game; a poorly written video game. my hope is that RDA come back one more time so we can have just one more shippy episode before the show is cancelled

Comment

Oh, I almost forgot! We have ISSUES!!

<more sarcasm>
                              - Mary
                              SG1 needs it's Fifth Man - Why should we settle for less? Bring back Jonas Quinn!
                              Jack O'Neill would die for any member of his team. But there's only one he'd live for: Samantha Carter.

Comment

Originally posted by Buc252
                                Yes, but she *did* get what she wanted when she said she wanted a boyfriend. Ugh ugh ugh!!! So the actors are not completely without influence. But influence isn't the same as ultimate power.

IIRC a PTB said to AT, how would you like a bf this season, rather than the other way around. We all know, though, that she had said she didn't want her character to be pigeonholed as "Jack's girl."
                                Last edited by Gatetrixer; 11 March 2006, 07:31 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X