This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shelsfc
    Actually... I have to admit that I kinda wish something had happened to Jack. Something Hundred Days-esque. Not the Laira bit now ( ) But the trapped off-world bit, or something to that effect. Some genuine reason why he's not there. Even if he had been given command of an off-word base. This isn't so much a ship issue, cos they probably still wouldn't mention him, although it would give us the odd decent opportunity to have an angsty or tender moment.
    But I DO NOT buy the fact that Jack would not be helping to fight the Ori. There is no way that Jack would be sitting behind a desk, not actually doing anything about it!! And he certainly wouldn't be sitting in his cabin or at his lake, not doing anything about it. Jack would not be able to keep away. That's actually the thing that bothers me the most about this season!
    Originally posted by Catysg1
    Mulder left for protection ( Protecting him and his family) and Scully knew about it ..he had to be away for a while but Scully was in touch with him through e-mails ..Anyway ..no excuse for SG1 TPTB , they should have left Sam mention Jack's name at least once or twice during season 9 if she is with the guy ...and what did Jack do exactly at Homeland security for the whole season 9 ?!!! .I though we were supposed to hear that Jack was present in spirit through the season !!! huh!!!

Caty
    Originally posted by stargate barbie
    and there would be no query as to whether they were in the same chain of command, so that argument would be eradicated. as far as I'm aware at the moment its not a prob because there are enough people between them in the CoC, but that's just what I've heard. to be honest, with some of the creative license they've taken this year, i don't care if its an issue or not!
    Originally posted by STARGATE7777
    Is anyone else totally (fill in the blank) over the way they kept Jack alive in season 9? Wasn't his character supposed to be be playing an important role in spirit if not in body? Not to state the obvious, but it will be rather difficult to resolve Sam and Jack if they don't even acknowledge the existance of one of them.
    I think the term you were searching for (if I might borrow from BSG) is "frakked." Is anyone else totally frakked over the way they kept Jack alive in season 9?

In one word: yes.

The sad fact is that there has been ample opportunity. For whatever reason, they have chosen not to do so. I have several theories, and I can't decide which one is more credible, so I guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens in S10:

1. RDA and TPTB had such a bad falling out that he said he's never coming back, and TPTB decided to just write him out, even though they told us he would remain "alive and large on the Stargate canvas."

2. TPTB thought we'd be more accepting of the new characters if they reminded us less of the old ones. (This really doesn't hold water, because with Skiffy running S1-S8 reruns every day and all night on Mondays, how could we forget?)

3. It's all part of a big plot to keep us on the edge, interested and talking. This theory seems the most possible to me. The idea is that once RDA agrees to do an ep, we'll be so starved to see him with AT again that we'll forgive all.

I dunno.....just some random theories. Hubby says, "Honey, it's just a TV show." I guess he's right.....but sheesh! I just want my S/J shippy happy ending!

Last edited by sg-1fanintn; 10 March 2006, 07:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MirthMistress
      At least CC gave us several BIG HONKIN' KISSES!!!!!!!!!!!!! We also got a baby and everyone knows "first comes love, then comes marriage, then comes the baby in the baby carriage" OK, I know the marriage part was sort of left out but you get the point. All we need in our case is "Jack and Samantha sittin' in a tree k-i-s-s-i-n-g." If we could have even one kiss we'd all be happy campers. That's all we really ask. One kiss and I think we'd pretty much shut up. Except for the squee, of course!
      I'm sure I'm missing something fairly obvious, but who is CC? And who is TIIC of Stargate? I'm confused.
      (* obviously fallout effect from lack of ship *)

Comment

Now we're watching our favorite Shippy episodes!!! Party on!!!
        sigpic

Comment

I'm watching Camelot now. When I got home tonight, I had asked about the ship in tonight's ep. Thank you for your replies!

Originally posted by stargate barbie
          not from what i can gather.
          Originally posted by nell
          That would be
          1. NO
          2. NO
          But between the wine and blue jello, we don't care anymore!!! LOL
          Originally posted by MirthMistress
          Hallowed are the wine and blue jello.
          Originally posted by majorsal
          well, there's one upside. sam didn't meet a new guy, an old admirer didn't suddenly appear, and an old so-called relationship wasn't *revised* to make it 'seem' like they were girlfriend and boyfriend at one time.

there, we have that!

will NEVER give up on -->

sally
          Sigh.....hallowed are the wine and the blue jello.....and the lack of revisionist history.

Love you guys!!!!!
          Last edited by sg-1fanintn; 12 March 2006, 12:43 AM.

Comment

My goodnes,just noticed there are 1244 people on GW at this moment (523 members and 721 guests) 157 viewing Batlestar Galactica, 135 viewing sg1 S9 and only 45 viewing characters and relationships. Guess it says it all

Comment

Originally posted by STARGATE7777
              Is anyone else totally (fill in the blank) over the way they kept Jack alive in season 9? Wasn't his character supposed to be be playing an important role in spirit if not in body? Not to state the obvious, but it will be rather difficult to resolve Sam and Jack if they don't even acknowledge the existance of one of them.
              who's jack?

sally
              sally

sigpic

Comment

SQUEEEEEEEEE! I just read the main page and Sci-fi is having a Sam and Jack theme for sci-fi monday on April 3!!!

Spoiler:
                Valenship banner by OXNatashaOX

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
                  I'm sure I'm missing something fairly obvious, but who is CC? And who is TIIC of Stargate? I'm confused.
                  (* obviously fallout effect from lack of ship *)
                  CC is Chris Whatshisface, (XF fan will have to fill in the blank here ) - the RCC/BW equivalent of X-Files.

TIIC is The Idiots In Charge. My personal favourite term for tptb this season.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Oma-1
                    CC is Chris Whatshisface, (XF fan will have to fill in the blank here ) - the RCC/BW equivalent of X-Files.

TIIC is The Idiots In Charge. My personal favourite term for tptb this season.

O.K. people, i see low morale. but i waiting this situation.
                    hm. IMO nothing happened kids. TPTB have open backdoor for all situation, because Sam without new boyfriend and exist 9.06 and 9.07.

But this situation good for fanfic, nothing more. Sam
                    Spoiler:
                    going to SG:A and start shipy with McKay , GraceUnderPressure, not good, and true is only possible shipy

My SHIP & HOPE FOR THIS TIME ALIVE. I am not happy but i am not dissapointed (fully ). I am waiting realy worse thing like a
                    Spoiler:
                    almost stupid/foolish kiss with Marty

I waiting for resolve, meaning, new boyfriend or TOGETHER WITH JACK

Remember IS CANON, FOREVER, TOGETHER

use again this

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jafacakes
                      My goodnes,just noticed there are 1244 people on GW at this moment (523 members and 721 guests) 157 viewing Batlestar Galactica, 135 viewing sg1 S9 and only 45 viewing characters and relationships. Guess it says it all
                      Just out of interest, does anyone visit the S9 thread?? What's the concensus of opinon about S9? Are people at all ticked that the characterisation for the most part has been poor? That some of the eps have been plain boring? (I can think of only 2 eps where I was actually engrossed for the whole hour.) Is anyone missing Jack and complaining of the lack of explanation of where he's gone?

S9 general
                      Spoiler:
                      I know Jack's supposed to be head of Homeworld Security
                      but that's only from being on-line here. Until something is said in the show it's not canon and is therefore fair game for TIIC. All we know for sure is that he's
                      Spoiler:
                      sold the house etc, left the SGC and has another star on his shoulder.

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
                      1. RDA and TPTB had such a bad falling out that he said he's never coming back, and TPTB decided to just write him out, even though they told us he would remain "alive and large on the Stargate canvas."

2. TPTB thought we'd be more accepting of the new characters if they reminded us less of the old ones. (This really doesn't hold water, because with Skiffy running S1-S8 reruns every day and all night on Mondays, how could we forget?)

3. It's all part of a big plot to keep us on the edge, interested and talking. This theory seems the most possible to me. The idea is that once RDA agrees to do an ep, we'll be so starved to see him with AT again that we'll forgive all.
                      If this is their version of "alive and large on the SG canvas", I think I'd rather see him dead - at least then there'd be the possibility Jack had ascended in order to kick some Ori ass!

1. I don't know about the falling out theory - its plausible, I just don't think it likely.

2. I think tptb have tried too hard to please new viewers and tried too hard to take SG-1 new a direction in the hope this story arc will last for as long as goa'uld one did. Out with the old and in with the new. Although I still think it inexcusable the way they have treated Jack so it hasn't worked for me.

3. Well, we're still here and talking about it aren't we

I'll always remain hopeful that Jack will make an appearance in the future and that the ship will be resolved, but to honest, I don't expect it anymore. I really think that tptb have moved on - for whatever lamea$$ reason - and will be concentrating on the Ori and their new characters. If I remember rightly, (line-up for S10)
                      Spoiler:
                      AT is doing 20 eps but will be split between SG-1 and SGA and MS is only doing 16 eps. CB is now full time cast member - I presume doing 20 eps.
                      Seems that SG-1 is going to be ever changing and no team dynamic is going to truly exist anymore like in the previous seasons. I think TPTB are going to have their hands full juggling the current characters, and won't be willing to bring Jack and/or other much loved characters back into the mix - unless it's another AU ep.

All that said, I'm still waiting - and haunting.
                      Last edited by Oma-1; 11 March 2006, 12:16 AM.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dexterav
                        But this situation good for fanfic, nothing more. Sam
                        Spoiler:

going to SG:A and start shipy with McKay , GraceUnderPressure, not good, and true is only possible shipy
                        Ah, but McKay already knows he doesn't stand a chance with Sam cos .... well, see for yourself

There was a little story that went with this pic but I can't remember it I'll go hunt it out ....
                        sigpic

Comment

Just out of interest, does anyone visit the S9 thread?? What's the concensus of opinon about S9? Are people at all ticked that the characterisation for the most part has been poor? That some of the eps have been plain boring? (I can think of only 2 eps where I was actually engrossed for the whole hour.) Is anyone missing Jack and complaining of the lack of explanation of where he's gone?

S9 general
                          Spoiler:
                          I know Jack's supposed to be head of Homeworld Security
                          but that's only from being on-line here. Until something is said in the show it's not canon and is therefore fair game for TIIC. All we know for sure is that he's
                          Spoiler:
                          sold the house etc, left the SGC and has another star on his shoulder.

If this is their version of "alive and large on the SG canvas", I think I'd rather see him dead - at least then there'd be the possibility Jack had ascended in order to kick some Ori ass!

1. I don't know about the falling out theory - its plausible, I just don't think it likely.

2. I think tptb have tried too hard to please new viewers and tried too hard to take SG-1 new a direction in the hope this story arc will last for as long as goa'uld one did. Out with the old and in with the new. Although I still think it inexcusable the way they have treated Jack so it hasn't worked for me.

3. Well, we're still here and talking about it aren't we

I'll always remain hopeful that Jack will make an appearance in the future and that the ship will be resolved, but to honest, I don't expect it anymore. I really think that tptb have moved on - for whatever lamea$$ reason - and will be concentrating on the Ori and their new characters. If I remember rightly, (line-up for S10)
                          Spoiler:
                          AT is doing 20 eps but will be split between SG-1 and SGA and MS is only doing 16 eps. CB is now full time cast member - I presume doing 20 eps.
                          Seems that SG-1 is going to be ever changing and no team dynamic is going to truly exist anymore like in the previous seasons. I think TPTB are going to have their hands full juggling the current characters, and won't be willing to bring Jack and/or other much loved characters back into the mix - unless it's another AU ep.

All that said, I'm still waiting - and haunting.

"Old" actors feeling, show going to hell
                          i waiting after next season of SG:A and SG end of both and joining both to one show (new spinoff) and SG is gone (for me it's realy time for end this show with glory)
                          sigpic

Comment

Ah, but McKay already knows he doesn't stand a chance with Sam cos .... well, see for yourself

There was a little story that went with this pic but I can't remember it I'll go hunt it out ....
                            Found it

SAM: I will, thanks. (She kisses him on the cheek, he looks surprised)

MCKAY: (In reference to the kiss) That means you don't hate me.

SAM: Maybe ... too bad for you.

MCKAY: Why?

SAM: (Walking away from him, a HUGE smile on her face) I was more attracted to you when I did.

MCKAY: Really?? Right ...

JACK: (Walking down the corridor towards them) But she's always liked me more. Right Carter?

Jack kisses Sam and dips her as he did in WoO.

Rodney looks on amazed - as do all the SF's in the vicinity.

After the kiss ends, Jack smirks at Rodney and walks off, leaving Sam in a dreamy haze, and Rodney's jaw hitting the floor.

sigpic

Comment

Found it

SAM: I will, thanks. (She kisses him on the cheek, he looks surprised)

MCKAY: (In reference to the kiss) That means you don't hate me.

SAM: Maybe ... too bad for you.

MCKAY: Why?

SAM: (Walking away from him, a HUGE smile on her face) I was more attracted to you when I did.

MCKAY: Really?? Right ...

JACK: (Walking down the corridor towards them) But she's always liked me more. Right Carter?

Jack kisses Sam and dips her as he did in WoO.

Rodney looks on amazed - as do all the SF's in the vicinity.

After the kiss ends, Jack smirks at Rodney and walks off, leaving Sam in a dreamy haze, and Rodney's jaw hitting the floor.

sigpic

Comment

IMO need after end 9. season (nothing happened )
                                realy big celebration (no new threads )

for better morale

i starting slowly

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X