This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Alan View Post

Just come from GW's homepage and I whooped in joy when I read this from Joe Mallozzi regarding Beneath the Surface:

"I think the script lacked an emotional core -- it could have used a Sam/Jack focus. They love one another. It would only make sense for them to be together if they had no recollection of their former lives. The feeling was we had played that particular emotional beat in 'Divide and Conquer,' and there was a concern if we went that way in 'Beneath the Surface,' we would be over playing the angle." (Writer / producer Joseph Mallozzi)

I've never seen that before. Oh how things would have been different if they'd done that with Sam and Jack.

*sigh*
    sigpic
    Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

I've never seen that before. Oh how things would have been different if they'd done that with Sam and Jack.

*sigh*
      I really wish that they had. In fact, I believe that it would actually have been more realistic.

Jonah and Thera were in love, and although I don't believe Sam and Jack slept together, I'm sure there was a lot more to their relationship that we didn't see. What I hate is that after discovering their identities, there is no fallout to becoming Colonel O'Neill and Major Carter again, when realistically, I don't think that either one of them could escape that.
      sigpic
      The Return of King Arthur
      Trust in the Lord with all your heart; lean not on your own understanding. In all of ways
      acknowledge him, and he'll make your path straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

Comment

Originally posted by SamJackShipper93 View Post
        I really wish that they had. In fact, I believe that it would actually have been more realistic.

Jonah and Thera were in love, and although I don't believe Sam and Jack slept together, I'm sure there was a lot more to their relationship that we didn't see. What I hate is that after discovering their identities, there is no fallout to becoming Colonel O'Neill and Major Carter again, when realistically, I don't think that either one of them could escape that.
        So true. It happened in so many episodes that there was no fallout from whatever experience was being portrayed. One would think there would eventually be a breaking point after so many experiences of having to deny their feelings that there would be a breaking point where one of them said "I can't take this (or do this) anymore. We have to deal with it!"

(*And, yes, I do know I'm talking about Sam and Jack here ... the all-time champions of 'never, ever, ever, under any circumstances talk about it.")

Comment

Yay!!! My 12,000th posting!!!
          Congrats!

Happy Birthday Chelle!

Comment

So true. It happened in so many episodes that there was no fallout from whatever experience was being portrayed. One would think there would eventually be a breaking point after so many experiences of having to deny their feelings that there would be a breaking point where one of them said "I can't take this (or do this) anymore. We have to deal with it!"

(*And, yes, I do know I'm talking about Sam and Jack here ... the all-time champions of 'never, ever, ever, under any circumstances talk about it.")
            Haha, so true! What was the term that was coined a few months ago? "Emotional Dweebs"? LOL, that's *exactly* what Sam and Jack are!
            sigpic
            Trust in the Lord with all your heart; lean not on your own understanding. In all of ways

Comment

Happy, Happy Birthday, Chelle!

Congrats on 12,000 Posts, Alan!
              sigpic

Comment

Just playing a bit of catch-up!

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                if i'm recalling correctly, amanda talked to rob cooper first, and then the writer/director, peter deluis, to not have that ending scene in there like that. i don't think she even wanted to go down the engagement route, but... she had only so much power to stop it.

it's interesting to see others going through the arghpete! monthly cycle.

Originally posted by starlover View Post
                *hops in*

Me no likey Pete.
                Me also no likey Anise...
                No problems with Kerry though...

My deep thoughts about this...
                I totally agree. Kerry is proof that I can like a character playing a love interest for Jack who isn't Sam. In fact, I would go as far as to say that she is one of my favorite minor characters on Stargate.

She was smart, beautiful, witty, and above all else, entirely selfless when it came to having a relationship with Jack. She broke it off easily and maturely, something that Pete should have done when it took Sam over *two weeks* to accept his proposal. Instead of realizing that she wasn't comfortable and that something was holding her back, he continued the relationship.

That is the one thing that I have against Pete above all else. Above the stalking . . . the background check . . . the storming out after sleeping with her . . . pressing her for classified information . . . is the fact that he didn't seem to truly care about what Sam was feeling. But that's just the way I see it.

Originally posted by jack's petunia View Post
                Hi there. I'm new and I am a hard core Sam/Jack shipper! I just wanted to introduce myself and let everyone know where I stand!
                Welcome Aboard the Ship, Jack's Petunia!

Originally posted by Regularamanda View Post
                Did you catch that during that episode when Cam hands her the coffee and says it's decaf she says "D'oh!" reminiscent of POV me thinks
                I have to wonder, was the "D'oh" scripted for Sam, or was that just Amanda playing around? I know that I've heard her say that a lot in interviews and such, but I've just always wondered?

Either way, I think it's funny that Rick and Amanda both share such a love of the Simpsons and that Sam's picking up on Jack's catchphrases!

Originally posted by josiane View Post
                Announcing...
                EPISODES OF THE WEEK
                Jack goes Ancient
                The Fifth Race
                &
                Lost City

Hooray! Lost City's my favorite episode! So humourous, so angsty, it has everything for a TV movie (except a happy ending! )

Personally, I think Lost City was *way* more epic than Continuum was.
                sigpic

Comment

Love em. Especially the second one

Martin, how is she supposed to concentrate with RDA standing right in front of her

Originally posted by Pol View Post
                  But...
                  Spoiler:
                  the MOVIE is!!!!

Edit: And....oh DAMN. If that phone wasn't in the way we'd see his wedding ring! (That's not a spoiler, that's a squee waiting to happen.)

And all the DK shots made me pull out the SamWhump! sig. Rockin', kick-ass Sam Carter (O'Neill). LOL.
                  I love that Sam sig

Oh, I will be doing somersaults if there's a ring on his finger! I'm also interested to see what personal pics he has in his office too. Hopefully something shippy like what Sam had in her office on Atlantis!

Just come from GW's homepage and I whooped in joy when I read this from Joe Mallozzi regarding Beneath the Surface:

Cool. I'm still a little angry at him though

Originally posted by SamJackShipper93 View Post
                  Haha, so true! What was the term that was coined a few months ago? "Emotional Dweebs"? LOL, that's *exactly* what Sam and Jack are!
                  I think that they're more alike than they care to admit
                  sigpic

Comment

Thanks to all for my birthday wishes!

Originally posted by mad_gater View Post
                    Happy birthday Jess...

*throws wild party with all kinds of greasy burgers and fries and all kinds of sweets.....everything that's bad for you....*

mmmmm.....chocolate cake.....*drools*

I'm a bit of a chocoholic....

and try not to give your parents too much gray hair as they teach yo how to drive....
                    *smiles evilly* Too late . . .

Originally posted by Oma-1 View Post
                    *hugs* Happy 16th!!! Did you take any pics of the cake????

Spoiler:

Btw, I really love that movie - but if you ever tell anyone I like that much fluff, I'll have to shoot you!
                    *facepalm* D'oh! I knew I was forgetting something!

Spoiler:
                    And don't worry, I won't tell . . .

Ahhh...the Jacob debate

I think he knew.

Why?
                    Threads.

In that episode Sam does has some conversations with Jacob and he asks her if she is really happy, she ofcourse, tells him 'yes'. But Jacob asks Sam in a way that he knows better...

Jacob: I just wanna know you're gonna be happy.
                    Sam: I am.
                    Jacob: Don't let rules stand in your way.

This makes me think that Jacob knows Jack will make her happy. Who or what else could he mean by "don't let rules stand in your way" ...I can only think of one person; Jack. Sam and Jack aren't together because of the regulations and their respect for the airforce.(they could have scr**ed the regs long ago if they wanted to)

Also later on Jack puts his arm around Sam in the observation room from where Jacob can see them sitting(if he wanted to)...

This also makes me think that Jack has had a conversation with Jacob before he died(just a feeling). This is because Jack says the whole "always" part on a rather "public" place...where Jacob can see it...

Buuuuut I'm babbling again so...that's it for now!
                    I agree, I don't believe that there's any other logical explaination for a conversation like this if he wasn't talking about Jack (or Walter or Siler! ). I think that that's the whole point of a subtleness of what Jacob's saying. He's doesn't come out and directly say "You love Jack. Go after him," but he planted the seeds in Sam's heart to help her realize it for herself.

Another example of the subtle conversations that I love is the one in "New Order" where Sam and Teal'c are talking in the peltac. Obviously, Sam's saying how much she hates leaving saying good-bye to her boyfriend and risking never coming back, but one look at Teal'c's face and you can see he knows that subconsciously, she's not talking about Pete . . .
                    sigpic

Comment

"I think the script lacked an emotional core -- it could have used a Sam/Jack focus. They love one another. It would only make sense for them to be together if they had no recollection of their former lives. The feeling was we had played that particular emotional beat in 'Divide and Conquer,' and there was a concern if we went that way in 'Beneath the Surface,' we would be over playing the angle." (Writer / producer Joseph Mallozzi)

First: CONGRATS on 12-flippin'-thousand posts! You talk a lot!

Second.... TPTB are Great Big CHICKENS!!!!! We all know, it's *All* about Sam & Jack!

Can you imagine if there had been a real, serious, conscientious focus on the Ship in BtS?!? And that kiss rumored to have been cut from the script... And the aftermath when they got their memories back... And the aftermath after Entity, had they been even closer in BtS than what we ended up with...

OH, THE ANGST!!!!!!
                      Love and hot fudge,
                      Bren Ren
                      ~
                      My stories!
                      ~

sigpic

Comment

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CHELLE!!!
                        CONGRATS ON 12,000 ALAN!!!

sigpic
                        Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post

Yeah, I really wish we could have seen fallout (character moments!) from the hell that they went through in some of those episodes. Abyss, Entity, BtS, even Death Knell, and others involving Teal'c and Daniel.

I suppose this is what they're going for with SGU. Character dynamic and drama with a side of plot. Where it was the complete opposite for SG-1. Lots of plot and a few really great character moments.

I hope I don't end up watching SGU and find myself disappointed because that is what we could have had on SG-1 character wise.

But, they want it to be more character driven. . . so I hope that means all the characters, even the guest ones . . . I want to see fallout from an episode. Drama and emotion. Something I wish we could have had more of in SG-1.
                          sigpic
                          Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

A couple of things...

Just been watching about the California wildfires on the news here, so thought I'd drop in and say I hope that all our LA-based shippers are safe and well and fingers crossed you stay so!

And second, would tomorrow be good for people for the ep of the week viewings? And, since Lost City is a double ep anyway, would people like to start a little earlier? I don't mind either way, since I'm off work this week I'm not bothered if it ends late!
                            sigpic
                            Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

two days of uni and I'm already bored

This asks for a certain gif

Happy Birthday Chelle
                              from me too...

Comment

Originally posted by josiane View Post
                                A couple of things...

Just been watching about the California wildfires on the news here, so thought I'd drop in and say I hope that all our LA-based shippers are safe and well and fingers crossed you stay so!

And second, would tomorrow be good for people for the ep of the week viewings? And, since Lost City is a double ep anyway, would people like to start a little earlier? I don't mind either way, since I'm off work this week I'm not bothered if it ends late!
                                *huggles to the Californian shippers* I hope y'all are okay

I would prefer the viewing tomorrow as well. I've got classes the entire day and almost none on thursday so it would be a good way to unwind
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X