X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by starlover View Post
    *huggles to the Californian shippers* I hope y'all are okay

I would prefer the viewing tomorrow as well. I've got classes the entire day and almost none on thursday so it would be a good way to unwind

OT Fires :
    Spoiler:
    I'm still waiting to find out if I can get to (and more importantly home from the campus at which I teach on Tuesdays. The fire is creeping closer to that freeway (14). Other than that, we're clear of the danger at home.
    Pol My Blog | My Fanfic | My FaceBook__ Sam: "Jack...please."

Comment

Originally posted by Pol View Post
      OT Fires :
      Spoiler:
      I'm still waiting to find out if I can get to (and more importantly home from the campus at which I teach on Tuesdays. The fire is creeping closer to that freeway (14). Other than that, we're clear of the danger at home.

Fires OT

Spoiler:
      That's great that you're OKish Pol. I mean your home. If you can't get to work then... well it's not the end of the world but you're home is safe; that counts.

I am a little worried about majorsal, since she was unnaturally quiet last night (yesterday for U.S.) although I know she had a power cut one day last week so maybe just that.

Sally, if you're out there holler!

fret fret fret...

BTS thoughts.
      I had heard the rumours about the kiss that was cut from the script (darnit, they couldn't have cut it after filming... and I suspect RDA was thinking the same actually ).
      I also heard there was, at one point, thoughts of making it a two parter. I guess they chose not to when they dumbed down the shippy bits. I have to admit I wish they had, not least for the extra ship we would have certainly got but because I felt there was a lot of Daniel and Teal'c story there too that didn't get adequately explored. Also the ending was a bit meh fr me, because they just kind of strolled out with their memories returned... I would have like to have seen a bit of a fight to get to the gate or something... I have plenty of ideas in my head how it could have gone down better.

I will try my upmost to make the RTV tomorrow. Lost City if one of those episodes I need NO excuse to watch over and over.
      Last edited by Cagranosalis; 01 September 2009, 11:38 AM. Reason: Nope. not the wine this time. I'm being a good girl this week.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by starlover View Post
        *huggles to the Californian shippers* I hope y'all are okay

I would prefer the viewing tomorrow as well. I've got classes the entire day and almost none on thursday so it would be a good way to unwind
        I have no problem with the EotW being tomorrow
        sigpic

Comment

Sal emailed me yesterday and said that the fires had knocked out her Internet and TV intermittently over the last few days. I'm sure she'll check in when she can. I'll go poke her now.

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
          Fires OT

Spoiler:
          That's great that you're OKish Pol. I mean your home. If you can't get to work then... well it's not the end of the world but you're home is safe; that counts.

I am a little worried about majorsal, since she was unnaturally quiet last night (yesterday for U.S.) although I know she had a power cut one day last week so maybe just that.

Sally, if you're out there holler!

Pol My Blog | My Fanfic | My FaceBook__ Sam: "Jack...please."

Comment

Playing catch up here again

Alan Congrats and thanks for sharing that about what JM!!

Josi Tomorrow is good for me and starting a bit earlier sounds good!

About the CA wild fires...great to hear your okay Pol! I send Sally a message yesterday and as of last night she's okay too it seems, she says it's about 30+ miles from her.

Oh and

My Fanfiction My Sam/Jack vids (yahoo) My LJ
            Thanks everyone for my b-day icons and sigs!
            Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Hey, we are new here so please excuse me and not know how much English.
              Otherwise, I love Jack and Sam.

Comment

Hey shippers! According to posters in the general forum, Stargate is being dropped from the iTunes store!

I've got $20, so I can buy ten episodes. Which episodes should I get before I don't have access to them anymore? (I've already got "Divide and Conquer", "Entity" and "Window of Opportunity")
                sigpic
                The Return of King Arthur
                Trust in the Lord with all your heart; lean not on your own understanding. In all of ways
                acknowledge him, and he'll make your path straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

Comment

Originally posted by SamJackShipper93 View Post
                  Hey shippers! According to posters in the general forum, Stargate is being dropped from the iTunes store!

I've got $20. Which episodes should I get before I don't have access to them anymore? (I've already got "Divide and Conquer", "Entity" and "Window of Opportunity")
                  Death knell....Threads...Beneath the Surface...Lost City...Grace...Heroes...Metamorphosis...Paradise Lost...Desperate Measures...

^That's why I have all of them on DVD I'd never be able to choose

Edit- Abyss!!!!

Edit 2- In the Line of Duty....2010...Moebius...
                  Last edited by Regularamanda; 01 September 2009, 12:52 PM.

My Fanfiction My Sam/Jack vids (yahoo) My LJ
                  Thanks everyone for my b-day icons and sigs!
                  Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by LEKY View Post
                    Hey, we are new here so please excuse me and not know how much English.
                    Otherwise, I love Jack and Sam.
                    Welcome.

Comment

BTS thoughts.
                      I had heard the rumours about the kiss that was cut from the script (darnit, they couldn't have cut it after filming... and I suspect RDA was thinking the same actually ).
                      I remember hearing the same but can't remember if it was RDA and AT that requested it be cut or one of the producers. I wish they'd have filmed it and just cut it out, that way there would be something to add to a DVD set. LOL!

I also heard there was, at one point, thoughts of making it a two parter. I guess they chose not to when they dumbed down the shippy bits. I have to admit I wish they had, not least for the extra ship we would have certainly got but because I felt there was a lot of Daniel and Teal'c story there too that didn't get adequately explored. Also the ending was a bit meh fr me, because they just kind of strolled out with their memories returned... I would have like to have seen a bit of a fight to get to the gate or something... I have plenty of ideas in my head how it could have gone down better.
                      I hadn't heard they'd considered making it a two parter. They probably could have and then dealt with the feelings they'd been able to freely express while not remembering who they were. I'd have liked to have seen more conflict between Daniel and Jack with their memories gone, too.

Welcome Leky!

Wonder why its being dropped from the ITunes store? Maybe to give it to Hulu as an exclusive? My guess is the agreement with ITunes was for a specified amount of time.

OT Fires

Spoiler:
                      It's been raining ash down on my head for days now. The fire is just over the hill in Glendale and Sunland (I'm in Burbank) and the sky is yellow. Tough to breathe. Can't wait to see how much my AC bill is going to be this month. *groan*
                      sigpic
                      Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

Originally posted by SamJackShipper93 View Post

I've got $20, so I can buy ten episodes. Which episodes should I get before I don't have access to them anymore? (I've already got "Divide and Conquer", "Entity" and "Window of Opportunity")
                        There's another thread that talks about this, and a suggestion was made that maybe they're dropping non-HD versions and will bring in the HD versions at some point. I know nothing about it besides that, though.

Originally posted by leiasky View Post
                        I remember hearing the same but can't remember if it was RDA and AT that requested it be cut or one of the producers. I wish they'd have filmed it and just cut it out, that way there would be something to add to a DVD set. LOL!
                        I thought there was supposed to be a kiss, but Rick and Amanda decided between themselves that it would be better without the kiss, and Thera wound up resting her head on Jonah's shoulder instead?

Comment

Just saying 'Hi' guys.

Really quiet on the thread today

**looks around at the quiet before popping out**
                          sigpic
                          sig by Mada
                          As a matter of FIC

Comment

BTS thoughts.
                            Beneath the Surface...

This is, of course, another of my all time favorite Ship full-episodes ever. Fair warning, this may well be a long rambling post...

Beneath the Surface: The Ship-Driven Two Part Episode...

An episode that explores the love between Sam and Jack when the barriers of duty and Air Force Regulation are abruptly stripped from them...

Based on another rumor, Jonah and Thera were lovers. Cue steamy as Showtime would allow love scene to fuel our Gutter-minded imaginations for years to come...

And, with the story spread over a longer time, there would be plenty of room for a far more satisfying denouement... one that strongly hints at some of the myriad emotional aftermath that would be sure to follow such an experience.

Oh, yeah, and more of that Daniel and Teal'c stuff...

And, while we're engaging our wild imaginations here, let's add a line or two in later episodes acknowledging the events and *feelings* of their time as Jonah and Thera. Something from Teal'c while Sam's possessed by the Entity. Something from Teal'c while Jack is stuck on the dark side of the moon with Harry. (Trend much?)

In general, it would have been nice to see a little more aftermath of their experiences woven into the storylines, instead of just the occasional plot device.

But even if we couldn't get all of *that*, I still wish they had kept the kiss. It would have been one hot kiss they *both* would remember, even after their real memories came back.

Have I rambled enough?

<passes mic back to whoever's closest and stumbles back to the dark side of the Gutter>

Love and hot fudge,
                            Bren Ren
                            ~
                            My stories!
                            ~

sigpic

Comment

Beneath the Surface just happens to be coming up on SillyFy in a little bit! I know what I'm watching!!!

Any Shippers here to share the love with me?

Love and hot fudge,
                              Bren Ren
                              ~
                              My stories!
                              ~

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BrenRen View Post
                                Beneath the Surface just happens to be coming up on SillyFy in a little bit! I know what I'm watching!!!

Any Shippers here to share the love with me?

After watching Beneath the Surface I really recommend reading this fanfic afterwards...
                                Persistance of Memory by petitestars.

It's a great read and I highly recommend it.

For those of you in America and Canada...enjoy your viewing of Beneath the Surface.

WOW! How amazing! I've just looked up Beneath the Surface on IMDb and it first aired 9-years ago...on September 1st!!! It's birthday today!!! Yay for this episode!!!

"Remember feeling feelings..."

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
                                K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Working...
                                X