This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ses110
    Anyone read the AT interview on Gateworld?No mention of AT missing RDA or hoping RDA will be in a couple of episodes.There was RepliCarter talk and Pete Talk.What a waste.I get the feeling the Actors will be fined if they mention RDA.Even in interviews now no mention of RDA/Jack.It's like the Cast and Crew have been Brainwashed into forgetting RDA.Forget the Sam/Jack Ship.It would have been nice to hear if AT ever talks to RDA or if RDA saw the Baby.You have a Gateworld interview with AT and no mention of RDA or Jack.IMO that's a bad job.I'am sure even non Shippers would have liked to hear something regarding RDA or Jack.I'am a big AT and Sam Fan and yet there have been very few AT interviews I enjoyed.
    Yeah, I was kinda disappointed that there was no mention of Jack. Its like they danced around the issue when talking about Pete. I think its sad that it is acceptable to talk about Sam/Pete but not about Sam/Jack.
    Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

Originally posted by Rogue
      Yeah, I was kinda disappointed that there was no mention of Jack. Its like they danced around the issue when talking about Pete. I think its sad that it is acceptable to talk about Sam/Pete but not about Sam/Jack.
      Jack & Sam slowly but sure is taboo
      This is a little absurd.
      Not like for me
      I am a waiting for next epi , and we'll see
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rogue
        it is as I have been saying and thinking-Jack is going to be a fig newton of our imagination next season-and the S/J relationship is going to be from an AU.

Not once did they mention anything about what was one of the central underlying stories-Sam left for Cassie? Cassie was 18-if Sam left for herself, that would be one thing-but I think they are setting up to fix it that the whole S/J relationship never happened.
        Franklin said, "They that can give up essential liberty for a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

"Do or do not. There is no try." Yoda

Comment

Right guys. I'm feeling some mighty big guilt here, so want to set things right.

I don't know how many of you have read the second part of Amanda's interview, but she makes it clear that she does fight but just doesn't always get her way. She also said that she gets upset when people are so negative about her and Sam and stuff, so I just feel that maybe we should ease up on this whole "AT doesn't do anything" and lay into TPTB instead. Because, after all, they are the ones with the power.

I've forgotten who said it, but someone phrased my point perfectly: we're just annoying TPTB, so they don't see why they should keep us sweet.
          Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by pittsburghgirl
            it is as I have been saying and thinking-Jack is going to be a fig newton of our imagination next season-and the S/J relationship is going to be from an AU.

Not once did they mention anything about what was one of the central underlying stories-Sam left for Cassie? Cassie was 18-if Sam left for herself, that would be one thing-but I think they are setting up to fix it that the whole S/J relationship never happened.
            There is a vague hint not that they're trying to make out that it never happened, rather that they'll hope that without mention, we'll just forget.

I think they're itching to get Sam kirking again. It's been a while. *sigh*

Comment

we're just annoying TPTB, what?
              I want realy much? Little shipy moment S&J, nothing more,
              I am a patient, no stupid email , no bomb
              Only little shipy moment S&J or little hope for this
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dexterav
                we're just annoying TPTB, what?
                I want realy much? Little shipy moment S&J, nothing more,
                I am a patient, no stupid email , no bomb
                Only little shipy moment S&J or little hope for this
                I know you might be patient, but there are a lot of us who insist on pestering them at conventions. I'm not saying we're in the wrong, because, let's face it, if we don't say anything we're not going to get anything, but look at it from their PoV. Must get annoying.

Comment

RE: the AT interview:

I love how they discuss the debacle without referencing Jack. "Threads"
                  Spoiler:
                  That's interesting, considering her feelings for Jack were why she entered and left that 'relationship'. From the interview, you'd never know that she was in love with another man the entire time! There's talk of what Carter learned as a result, but still no mention of Jack.

Does anyone else wish GW was less of a shill for TPTB? I'd like to see an interview with some real questions.

Comment

Originally posted by sacme
                    [Please take no offense blueiris!!! This isn't a rip on you!]

Isn't anyone else sad about what TPTB have reduced us to? All we want now is a mention. Remember when we were demanding a real conversation on screen, a kiss, "I love you." Now we wait for the crumb of a flyby, slip of the tongue mention of resolution. Geez! How did we get here?

ship sistah
                    No offense taken. I agree with you, it is sad. But "there" is where I am.

Originally posted by Myrth
                    You're welcome on my side of the track anytime Sal.

I guess the simple answer to your probably rhetorical question is that I don't get too caught up in "fanon" as opposed to "canon". I think sometimes we over analyse to find what we fear and any hint of that which we fear becomes the proverbial "mountain".

In the broadest sense it makes sense given what we know, that RDA will pop up again at some stage. Given the apparent humour of the boys @ Bridge, it also makes sense that we'd see a resolve of some kind. They gain nothing that I can see by pissing a group of fans off. The show doesn't revolve around the ship, it never did, it was something that was a part of it, but not the whole focus. If that makes sense. So there's no way they've gone out to piss shippers off. Quite the opposite, I dare say the shippers are pissing them off at the moment. So while everyone's pissed off, the bigger picture is being missed. I'm a big picture kind of gal

Short story is, until I see the credits roll on the last ep and there's been no resolve, I will believe that it's still coming up.... my little birdies know what they're doin

We all project our own perspective on it and that's why it's important that no-one feel judged for their opinion, but I'm always happy to share mine and I'll serve up the special stock of optimism just for you

Looks like this:

http://www.bigbutton.com.au/%7Ewicke...01/sparks2.jpg
                    I hope that you are right. I was so very positive that the end of season 8 there would be that resolution as we were looking for it. And while I saw it as Sam and Jack are together, it's apparently just an insuination. Open to interpretation. I don't want it open to interpretation. I want it fact. So, now I expect nothing. It doesn't keep me from hoping that I'm wrong. That one day it will be there openly and cannonly and finally without a doubt. However, I am not holding my breath.

I wish all TPTB the best in continuing with the show and with the new characters. And as long is Sam is there, I will probably watch. However, it is not the same show and I don't have the entusiasm that I had. RDA/Jack was so much a part of my enjoyment of SG. I want to love this new Gate, and I do like Mitchell, but I can't find that same magic.

I don't wish to anger anyone with my opinion. It is only that, an opinion. Sam and Jack are together in my mind from what I've seen. That is how I interpretate it. If that is proved wrong, I don't think I could watch anymore.
                    sigpic
                    ~ ~ ~mala\suekay sig ~ ~ ~ *Thanks to Mala50 for any caps I post & for her "crankies"*

Comment

Originally posted by parsifal

Spoiler:
                      That's interesting, considering her feelings for Jack were why she entered and left that 'relationship'. From the interview, you'd never know that she was in love with another man the entire time! There's talk of what Carter learned as a result, but still no mention of Jack.

Does anyone else wish GW was less of a shill for TPTB? I'd like to see an interview with some real questions.
                      I think GW are quite proud of the fact that TPTB come and visit and play an active role on the site, and they don't want them to leave

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
                        we're just annoying TPTB, so they don't see why they should keep us sweet.
                        We're really pains, aren't we? Asking them to do justice to the characters and years-long story arcs they themselves created?

Comment

We're really pains, aren't we? Asking them to do justice to the characters and years-long story arcs they themselves created?
                          I know, I know. I'm just saying.

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
                            I think GW are quite proud of the fact that TPTB come and visit and play an active role on the site, and they don't want them to leave
                            What's the point of access if you don't do something worthwhile with it? (other than personal aggrandizement, perks, and other selfish motives)

Comment

What's the point of access if you don't do something worthwhile with it? (other than personal aggrandizement, perks, and other selfish motives)
                              Well, who's saying that isn't their motive?

Comment

Spoiler:

anyone really surprised?? anyone??
                                Franklin said, "They that can give up essential liberty for a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

"Do or do not. There is no try." Yoda

Comment

Working...
                                X