This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dmovies
    I agree with you. No mention of Jack but Hammond comes in person. I like Hammond and it was good to see him again, but the complete lack of Jack mention is deplorable. IMO the casting of BB in the lead, and make no mistake, he is the lead, was a terrible job of casting. He looks great, but that's it. Bad choice, followed by another bad choice, etc. I don't know if I can continue watching this show. It's kinda like rubberneckers on the freeway when there's been an accident, so don't want to look but somehow you just do.
    you are not alone
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dmovies
      I agree with you. No mention of Jack but Hammond comes in person. I like Hammond and it was good to see him again, but the complete lack of Jack mention is deplorable. IMO the casting of BB in the lead, and make no mistake, he is the lead, was a terrible job of casting. He looks great, but that's it. Bad choice, followed by another bad choice, etc. I don't know if I can continue watching this show. It's kinda like rubberneckers on the freeway when there's been an accident, so don't want to look but somehow you just do.
      Well. Someone had better call in the emergency services, before they're beyond help!
      Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

remember S&J fishing, S&J TOGETHER
        This is my last post for 5 days

ciao friends
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by nell
          Nell, I like your summary. Agreed, they did not
          Spoiler:
          have this "intimate" relationship as we think of it in Ascension. Sharing of souls is very intimate, but not physically. Just have to add, naughty me, even TPTB would stop at having Orlin return as a "Vili."
          Not sure I understand....
          Spoiler:
          Vili??
          [/QUOTE]

I was referring in a snarky way (and probably shouldn't have) to the
          Spoiler:
          celebrated case in the northwest USA of an affair between a schoolteacher and her student about the age of this newer Orlin. His name was "Vili."

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
            spoilers for s8's threads, season 9, and current season atlantis

wonderful post, sg-1fanintn.

but you know why i'm scared? because with fourth horseman p1, it's shown that they're willing to rewrite stargate history to fit their purposes. no matter what fh-p1 says (or joe mallozzi), i did NOT see a sexual relationship between sam and orlin in s5's 'ascension'. but they're trying to make us believe they did as to make the sam-orlin relay more powerful now. (or is that the reason, and not to just push s/other ship yet again???).

but when that little trick took place, i knew things were going to be a tricky ride. i can live with the waiting (shouldn't have to, since they've resolved the issues they said had to be resolved to let s&j be together), but i *can't* live with them continuing with sam/other ship after all the progress 'threads' gave us. i will not accept it. then add in sam/mckay (don't care if it's all in mckay's head. i feel they're trying to butter up the possibilities of s/m ship with the possibilities of sam going over to atlantis) and you've got yet another example of putting sam with someone else. jeez, this has all been in six episodes, one of which isn't even sam's home show!

so that's what's sticking in my craw. that's what scaring me. revisionist writing to suit their purposes. and my question remains: what's next?

sorry for the (once again) negative outlook.

sally
            "A tricky ride" is an excellent way to put it! I understand your fears about the sam-orlin thing. The way they handled that is just peculiar, and I don't really see how AT could play that without fighting against it. Maybe she did and lost. Yes, what she shared with Orlin was intimate, but it was not sex, at least, not Earth sex!

As to the McKay thing, you know I've seen that differently ever since GUP was announced. It has been acknowledged in canon for a long time that Rodney has a crush on Sam. She's also the only earthling he thinks is anywhere near to him in intellect, so it makes sense that she's the person his subconscious would call upon in a time of crisis. With those two points made, and since the ep is all in McKay's head, I don't see it as a threat to The Ship. I think it's going to be one of those light-hearted eps with a serious undercurrent (Rodney could die if he can't keep his wits about him). But what do I know? I liked Wormhole X-Treme and The Other Guys, two episodes most SG-1 fans dislike.

You know how much I value your opinion, and you've been around here much longer than I have. Trust me--I feel your pain! It's hard not to be downhearted right now, especially when we're in a black hole of information! Friday night's ep seemed ripe for a mention or two of Jack by Hammond.....but no. No word. I've begun to think they're intentionally not mentioning him to keep us interested and talking about Jack until they can talk Rick into a guest appearance.

But I digress. What I was trying to say is that since we have received so many positive indicators in canon, I'm simply giving myself permission to feel good about those for now. My only other alternative would be to stress over every nuance TPTB throw at us.....whether it means anything or not! I have too much RL work stress right now to do that. I just hope you can see your way clear to give yourself the same permission.

Comment

Just thought I'd post some links to some wonderful S/J fanfic I've been reading at Fanfiction.net which happens to be my fav by a wonderful author. Its in three parts, to you have to start at the beginning. Its quite long but very worth it. the third part is a wip, but by far the best in the series in my opinion. And by the way they are a family series. Hope you enjoy them as much as I have.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2153438/1/
              http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2356040/1/
              http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2589609/1/

Comment

Originally posted by Zoser
                That's how I felt the first time I saw Moebius and I felt like a fool cause it made me cry.
                Thank you! I thought I was the only one who felt that way! Our Jack and Sam are dead! This is a different time line and things were changed, not only the fish in the pond. So and to TPTB!
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gatetrixer
                  Not sure I understand....
                  Spoiler:
                  Vili??
                  Spoiler:
                  celebrated case in the northwest USA of an affair between a schoolteacher and her student about the age of this newer Orlin. His name was "Vili."
                  .[/QUOTE]
                  Oh, now I get it!!!!! LOL!!! Gross, ugh, yuck!!! Not our Sam!!!
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by nell
                    Spoiler:
                    Oh, now I get it!!!!! LOL!!! Gross, ugh, yuck!!! Not our Sam!!![/QUOTE]
                    I know. Sam doing that...? Ugh. No. She's far too maternal and caring to get involved in that kind of smut.

Comment

Have just been over to http://www.rdanderson.com and skim read through some of the 730 + birthday wishes that RDAs fans (including me) have left him. If he reads them, he should get the very strong impression that we miss him and would love to have him back for a guest appearance or so on SG-1 in S10.

Whether or not he can/wants to do that is of course entirely up to him, but he should get the message that people understand that for him, Wylie (and his conservation work) had to come first and though his fans miss him, we are not angry with him for leaving.

I'm still keeping my fingers crossed for the on-screen or some kind of verbal acknowledgment. Yep, I know I'm being optimistic but what the heck...
                      always and forever
                      My LJ http://historianheidi.livejournal.com
                      My History Website http:thehistorian.net

Comment

That's the thing... as much as I want RDA to come back, he has more important things in his life right now and I respect that.

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
                          Oh, now I get it!!!!! LOL!!! Gross, ugh, yuck!!! Not our Sam!!!
                          I know. Sam doing that...? Ugh. No. She's far too maternal and caring to get involved in that kind of smut.[/QUOTE]

Well, I didn't mean Sam would, just that the
                          Spoiler:
                          young Orlin could have been written to less aware of the taboos against such a situation in earth culture. As it was, even though he reiterated his feelings for Sam, he knew there were such taboos.
                          And that's one thing to be thankful for. Though why couldn't TPTB have left out any reference to
                          Spoiler:
                          young Orlin's adult feelings, altogether?
                          Anyway, I was making a joke, bad as it was.

Comment

Right. Yeah, I see what you mean. Orlin making the moves....still doesn't bear thinking about.

Comment

Originally posted by Gatetrixer
                              I know. Sam doing that...? Ugh. No. She's far too maternal and caring to get involved in that kind of smut.

Originally posted by gatetrixer
                              Well, I didn't mean Sam would, just that the
                              Spoiler:
                              young Orlin could have been written to less aware of the taboos against such a situation in earth culture. As it was, even though he reiterated his feelings for Sam, he knew there were such taboos.
                              And that's one thing to be thankful for. Though why couldn't TPTB have left out any reference to
                              Spoiler:
                              young Orlin's adult feelings, altogether?
                              Anyway, I was making a joke, bad as it was.
                              (((Gatetrixer))) I understood, really, once you explained who Villi was.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by STARGATE7777
                                Is anyone else like me? It seems that the longer season 9 goes on the MORE I miss Jack (RDA). By the time season 10 rolls around they will be taking me away in a straight jacket.
                                I'm sorry to say that you're right! Count me in too! The longer Jack is gone, the bleaker the Stargate universe seems without him!

Comment

Working...
                                X