Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just read the AT interview. Amazing that TPTB would not discuss with her how time would be divided between SG-1 and Atlantis.
    Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

Originally posted by meimei
      That would be the one... Just that tail end of it was cut.
      bad, bad, maybe is a casualty (fortuitous event)
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rogue
        I just read the AT interview. Amazing that TPTB would not discuss with her how time would be divided between SG-1 and Atlantis.
        yes, TPTB is very stupid. Im thinking to AT ending in 10 season in SG1 (very bad). TPTB destroy all SG1
        sigpic

Comment

I see everyone is well and happy in Shipland (note:sarcasm)

I think people are right in saying that TPTB fuel the shippers themselves by saying "they should have kissed here", "she'll get together with Jack in the end" etc etc, and then they knock us back. Bu I think we can assume that Jack and Sam are together. That was the implication at the end of Threads, and the same situation happened in Moebius, trying to show that not that much had been rewritten.

I think we're being far too negative about them trying to rewrite history. JM is right, there are other stories that need attention right now, and, as much as I hate to admit it, the Stargate Universe doesn't revolve around us.

I don't think there's any messing AT around as such, or trying to move her to Atlantis. It would be a bad move for both shows, making them co-dependant. I think the point is that they haven't done a lot of groundwork yet and don't really know when or how much they'll need her. Think about it... they have a story she's needed for, but it turns into a five part story arc, and they're only allowed to take her for two episodes. They're just covering their backsides.

Having said that, though, I'm still narked about not getting ship. I'm a shipper at heart, but right at this moment, I think we need to cut TPTB a little slack. They have a lot to deal with at the moment, what with new cast members and stuff.

Oh dear.... I can feel the red coming already!
          Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane

I think people are right in saying that TPTB fuel the shippers themselves by saying "they should have kissed here", "she'll get together with Jack in the end" etc etc, and then they knock us back. Bu I think we can assume that Jack and Sam are together. That was the implication at the end of Threads, and the same situation happened in Moebius, trying to show that not that much had been rewritten.

I think we're being far too negative about them trying to rewrite history. JM is right, there are other stories that need attention right now, and, as much as I hate to admit it, the Stargate Universe doesn't revolve around us.

I don't think there's any messing AT around as such, or trying to move her to Atlantis. It would be a bad move for both shows, making them co-dependant. I think the point is that they haven't done a lot of groundwork yet and don't really know when or how much they'll need her. Think about it... they have a story she's needed for, but it turns into a five part story arc, and they're only allowed to take her for two episodes. They're just covering their backsides.

Having said that, though, I'm still narked about not getting ship. I'm a shipper at heart, but right at this moment, I think we need to cut TPTB a little slack. They have a lot to deal with at the moment, what with new cast members and stuff.

i have a 2 face : optimistic and pesimistic
            optimistic say they SAM & JACK TOGETHER forever
            pesimistic say you see 9. season?! nothing about sam & jack
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dexterav
              i have a 2 face : optimistic and pesimistic
              optimistic say they SAM & JACK TOGETHER forever
              pesimistic say you see 9. season?! nothing about sam & jack
              If TPTB think they've dealt with it, why should they say anything?

Secondly, they do have a lot to deal with already in Season 9.

Sorry to sound like JM's lapdog.

Comment

I wish Rogue that I could say I was amazed-but face it-they do what they want, when they want and how they want-and the devil take the rest of it. I know they can't please everybody-but everyone once in a while it would be nice if they would just try to please someone.

I read some other threads and groups and people are amazed at how some of us see how they belittled Sam-you know-I get tired of the "but she blew up a sun"-yeah..and?
                Franklin said, "They that can give up essential liberty for a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

"Do or do not. There is no try." Yoda

Comment

I'm sure nobody here is petty enough to give you red for stating your opinion. I have to say that it's a pity I don't have your positive attitude towards the show, and I certainly don't trust the writers and the rest of TPTB to do anything good with the show. I also think it's disgraceful the way they have treated Amanda Tapping. Sam Carter has been a major character since the very first episode nine seasons ago, and yet they don't know how to write her. They don't seem to have this problem with Vala, a character who's been in the show a whole whopping six episodes!
                  I will not cut TPTB any slack. They are supposed to be professionals, and if they can't work around having some new cast members and new storylines, then I would suggest it's about time they found some other job with less stress. Maybe the local MacDonalds is looking for staff!

To keep on topic...Sam and Jack, together, forever!
                  sigpic

Comment

Maybe, but it sounds like they weren't willing to discuss it at all. If my employer did that, I would be feeling very uncertain about my position. I think AT deserves better than that.
                    Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

If TPTB think they've dealt with it, why should they say anything?

Secondly, they do have a lot to deal with already in Season 9.

Sorry to sound like JM's lapdog.
                      hm, why then little planned TPTB Sam with other or new boyfriend
                      sigpic

Comment

Sorry Tracy, but I must disagree

Any and all problems in season nine are of their own making. Professionals wouldn't have had to rewrite the show in order to get around RDA leaving. These guys destroyed the show we knew and loved. Killed off some great characters. Erased other great characters from memory, and brough in two people from another sci fi show in order to boost ratings. No wonder they're having problems.

And it doesn't give them the right to downplay fans' fears or to denegrate certain groups within the fandom, just because they're realising they've screwed up.
                        sigpic
                        Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay

Any and all problems in season nine are of their own making. Professionals wouldn't have had to rewrite the show in order to get around RDA leaving. These guys destroyed the show we knew and loved. Killed off some great characters. Erased other great characters from memory, and brough in two people from another sci fi show in order to boost ratings. No wonder they're having problems.

And it doesn't give them the right to downplay fans' fears or to denegrate certain groups within the fandom, just because they're realising they've screwed up.
                          only word:
                          INDEED!

for many my friend is 9. season is inconceivable, and a have question, where is a previous 8 years, or characters have a little lost memory (especially SAM)
                          sigpic

Comment

Yes, I was quite surprised about that too. It makes no sense!
                            always and forever
                            My LJ http://historianheidi.livejournal.com
                            My History Website http:thehistorian.net

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay

Hey Sue.

Perhaps I'm being naive and over optimistic. I'm in a very trusting mood today. I mean... I feel like the writers should know what they're doing, so we should trust them.

I don't usually feel like this. Very out of character.

But since posting that, I've booked my tickets for Gabit and have suddenly realised, that if TPTB carry on like this, this could be AT's last convention as a current cast member..... grrrr.

Grrrr.

Back to happy thoughts.... 11 months til GABIT! Whoot!

Comment

Originally posted by scjon
                                Yes, I was quite surprised about that too. It makes no sense!
                                you are not alone
                                Vala slowly but sure force out Sam (in my opinion)
                                StarGate changeling to FarGate
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X