X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"They saw our potential in you" That has to be the best line in Stargate

"You're a better man than that" "That's where your wrong!" *sniff*

My Fanfiction My Sam/Jack vids (yahoo) My LJ
    Thanks everyone for my b-day icons and sigs!
    Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

I love the team interaction right here

Comment

*waves*

Sorry...I lost track of time...plus we're having some thunder in here!

Can I join ya with the next episode...

oh and Amanda, when I said "I'm here" I meant I was there on that moment!
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by starlover View Post
          *waves*

Sorry...I lost track of time...plus we're having some thunder in here!

Can I join ya with the next episode...

oh and Amanda, when I said "I'm here" I meant I was there on that moment!
          Yeah I got that after the fact and We're getting thunder here as well

Comment

Hey Jann *waves*

You joining us for New Order?

That bit where Teal'c is meditating and opens his eyes suddenly makes me giggle .

I love how much they all, especially Sam push for his rescue. A great episode for team relationships .

Comment

Originally posted by Twilight506 View Post
              I'll have to review Abyss on my own and then we can talk about the wonderful beauty of that episode.

OT Sims
              Spoiler:
              I never played Sims 3, but I played Sim 2... and I used to get so bored, so my character became a black widow. I'd get her to flirt and marry the guys in the town... then I created a house behind the house that had no windows, no doors. After she married one, I'd temporarily create a door and shove him in there. Then the door would disappear and she'd move onto the next man. Periodically I would have her visit them and the guys would get into a fight... then I think I burned the house down. Does this make me disturbed? I think it's a result of hanging out in the cavern of angst too long
              You gave me an idea there in that OT Awesome!
              Spoiler:
              One of my, now, six children can do that...or two..

Originally posted by Regularamanda View Post
              Yeah I got that after the fact and We're getting thunder here as well
              Nice...I like it in here because it's soooo HOT!!! It needs to cool down a bit!
              sigpic

Comment

You can see how relieved Sam is to have him back as well. *squee*

*sigh*

Awesome episode! Can't wait until the discussion thread gets around to it in the re-watch

Comment

Originally posted by starlover View Post
                  You gave me an idea there in that OT Awesome!
                  Spoiler:
                  One of my, now, six children can do that...or two..
                  Glad I could inspire you to such levels of torture for your Sims.

So sad I'm missing the EotW Abyss viewing. I love the way RDA looks when he's desperate for Daniel to "make it the last time."

As for his burden... as shippy as I want to be, I genuinely think it's the guilt he carries around from Charlie. When they meet the replicators, that's the memory used on him and also back when they were on Netu. I don't think he's ever forgiven himself. He's learned to live with it, but it still haunts him.

Although - I do find that Ba'al's personal slave looks a lot like a certain Major....

Comment

Sam touches him (or near him) but we can't see it!

Comment

So sad I'm missing the EotW Abyss viewing. I love the way RDA looks when he's desperate for Daniel to "make it the last time."

As for his burden... as shippy as I want to be, I genuinely think it's the guilt he carries around from Charlie. When they meet the replicators, that's the memory used on him and also back when they were on Netu. I don't think he's ever forgiven himself. He's learned to live with it, but it still haunts him.

Although - I do find that Ba'al's personal slave looks a lot like a certain Major....
                      I would agree with that, but extend that theory out to the guilt he has for all of those he has lost and the mistakes that have been made. Obviously Charlie, but people like Kawalsky and Daniel himself as well. It's said that his first instinct is to protect that I believe when he is prevented from doing so it affects him very deeply.

EDIT: Up for a New Order viewing but have to do some bits first. If you could hold off for a bit that would be grand. Otherwise just get started without me and I'll catch up

Comment

Originally posted by Sarai View Post
                        I would agree with that, but extend that theory out to the guilt he has for all of those he has lost and the mistakes that have been made. Obviously Charlie, but people like Kawalsky and Daniel himself as well. It's said that his first instinct is to protect that I believe when he is prevented from doing so it affects him very deeply.

EDIT: Up for a New Order viewing but have to do some bits first. If you could hold off for a bit that would be grand. Otherwise just get started without me and I'll catch up
                        We'll wait on the next viewing...let us know when you're ready and I agree about his burden being Charlie/all he's seen...though it would be nice to imagine it was shippy

Comment

I think part of his burden was the "damned distasteful things" he's done as well. Sorry, recently watched Cor-ai.
                          sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

Originally posted by Everlovin View Post
                            I think part of his burden was the "damned distasteful things" he's done as well. Sorry, recently watched Cor-ai.
                            Yup I don't even want to think of the things he's seen and done over the years

Comment

I love this fact! You have to wonder what was going through the minds of TPTB when they casted Shallan. Did they go into the episode wanting a character who looked a lot like Carter, or was it just a coincidence when they cast Ulla Friis as the character? I like to think it was the former.
                              sigpic
                              The Return of King Arthur
                              Trust in the Lord with all your heart; lean not on your own understanding. In all of ways
                              acknowledge him, and he'll make your path straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

Comment

I saw this and it's really funny how my brain fills in acronyms. The way I initially read it was "End of the World viewing" and I scratched my head thinking, no, that isn't right... then I remember Episode of the Week.

This happened to me on Facebook, despite knowing about Michael Jackson's death... I saw "MJ" and immediately thought "Mary-Jane" and had an image of Peter Parker crying like a spider who'd had its legs torn off. Then I thought of Weird Al's "I'm Fat"... and then "Thriller"...

My husband always gets confused as to what I'm thinking LOL

I saw "jackson" and thought of Daniel...

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                                I prefer to see that whole thing as a bad dream (ala Pam and Bobby Ewing in "Dallas" years ago) ... or maybe an alternate reality.
                                I still think she could have done so much better!!!

Originally posted by Regularamanda View Post
                                You know I love the whole "I let them put a snake in my head" part....he let them put a snake in his head because she asked him too....awww
                                well that is the only reason he did it, because he couldn't let Sam down!

as to his "burden" I always thought that was the unresolved guilt over charlie's death... he seems to have spent the rest of his life trying to atone for his son's accidental death. Just mho of course. Nice to see that I am not the only who thinks this.
                                Last edited by Rac80; 26 June 2009, 12:06 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X