sigpic
    Made by Luvnjack... Thanks
    Spoiler:
    Proud to be an American

Comment

Originally posted by Solo View Post
      Blackadder OT:

Spoiler:
      COMPLETELY agree on the second season - but indeed, Blackadder Goes Forth was smashing and heartbreaking and all kinds of wonderful. And yes, I saw the documentary over Christmas and loved it A friend of mine was meant to be filming something with Tony Robinson recently and called me to see if I fancied joining them in the pub for drinks afterwards - well, duh - I was all set to cancel whatever it was I had on that evening and do it, but then the filming got cancelled or rearranged or something and it didn't happen. Gutted!!!
      OMG!:

Spoiler:
      I don't think there are words to express how gutted I would be in that situation! I mean, how do you even come to terms with something like that? Tony Robinson....I'm at a loss.

Except for my favourite Blackadder quote...

Kate: What think you my lord of love?
      *pause*
      Blackadder: You mean rumpy pumpy?

I watched this at an early age. You think that could be a contributing factor to my ever-present status in the gutter?

/Blackadder OT

Comment

Originally posted by Solo View Post
        Blackadder OT:

Spoiler:
        COMPLETELY agree on the second season - but indeed, Blackadder Goes Forth was smashing and heartbreaking and all kinds of wonderful. And yes, I saw the documentary over Christmas and loved it A friend of mine was meant to be filming something with Tony Robinson recently and called me to see if I fancied joining them in the pub for drinks afterwards - well, duh - I was all set to cancel whatever it was I had on that evening and do it, but then the filming got cancelled or rearranged or something and it didn't happen. Gutted!!!
        OT Blackadder

Spoiler:
        Ooh I loved the second series of Blackadder but Blackadder goes Forth will always be my favourite. The very last scene when they're about to go over the top is so heartbreaking. Then there are the funny bits... Baldricks 'coffee', interrorgating Darling, "Boom boom boom boom", Haig and his battleplan! That was the greatest series ever!
        "You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees & the stars; you have a right to be here. And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should... With all its sham,drudgery & broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world." - Baltimore, 1692

Comment

Originally posted by Sarai View Post
          OMG!:

Spoiler:
          I don't think there are words to express how gutted I would be in that situation! I mean, how do you even come to terms with something like that? Tony Robinson....I'm at a loss.

Except for my favourite Blackadder quote...

Kate: What think you my lord of love?
          *pause*
          Blackadder: You mean rumpy pumpy?

I watched this at an early age. You think that could be a contributing factor to my ever-present status in the gutter?

/Blackadder OT

Blackadder OT
          Spoiler:
          Quite! My Dad (being from oop north, like) made sure that even though I was born and mostly raised in Australia, I was raised on a healthy diet of Britcoms and other British stuff, so I watched Blackadder, The Goodies, Dr Who, Drop the Dead Donkey, Open All Hours, The Good Life, The Two Ronnies... etc, etc.

COMPLETELY OT: I actually think that the thing my Dad's most proud of me for is... that I have his sense of humour. When I was about ten, I had this really cute little farmyard alarm clock, and it got broken - it wouldn't keep time anymore, and one of its legs fell off. So I took it to Dad, because he can fix anything, but he took one look at it and said, "Nah, look at this, it can't even stand up straight." I am working on my third degree right now, but the expression of pride on his face when I replied, "Well, of course not - look at the hours it keeps," remains unsurpassed to this day.

And.. to rope this post back into the vicinity of the topic:

CONGRATS, SG-1FANINTN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Allie_Kreek View Post
            He played Woolsey in Stargate, The Doctor in Star Trek Voyager and The Cowboy in Inner Space... the man is a legend!
            OMG! I never knew that! I love that movie!!

Umm Yeah!
            sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

Because you always do it for us...

Congratulations on a massive 17,100 posts SG-1Fanintn!!
              Thanks, Sarai!

And thanks to all!
              Just had to share this...OT:

Spoiler:
              Just catching up on the news, as you do, read this on the BBC news website:

"Senators earlier approved six Cabinet members, including Janet Napolitano as homeland security secretary and Steven Chu as energy secretary. Several other positions are still to be confirmed."

Is it bad that I actually read homeland as homeworld?

Hmm...
              A couple of years ago, I was in a meeting...and I said Homeworld Security instead of Homeland Security.

No. One. Noticed. LOL!!!

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                differing tastes, but i thought vala was the worst thing that ever happened to stargate. her over-the-top behavior wasn't as bad as everyone letting her be that way *and* still be on the base and team. the sensibility and realism went right out the window.

no offense to vala fans, though.

OT
                Spoiler:
                I totally agree with you. Even more than I didn't think Cam belonged in charge of an SG team without having more experience with the gate first, I didn't think that Vala should be part of the SGC structure. If anything, she should have been incarcerated, given that she's a criminal. I could have dealt with new characters if they hadn't been introduced in the way they were. It just didn't work for me, so I was outta there.

Just had to share this...OT:

Spoiler:
                Just catching up on the news, as you do, read this on the BBC news website:

"Senators earlier approved six Cabinet members, including Janet Napolitano as homeland security secretary and Steven Chu as energy secretary. Several other positions are still to be confirmed."

Is it bad that I actually read homeland as homeworld?

Hmm...
                OT
                Spoiler:
                I work in the Access Control industry and we do a *lot* of government jobs, and I've actually *said* "Homeworld Security" over the phone to customers when I should have said "Homeland." They didn't say anything, bless their hearts, which probably means they either didn't know it, or were too kind ot point out the slipup. I presume they weren't SG fans or they probaby would have commented on the mutual area of interest. <g>
                Last edited by Buc252; 21 January 2009, 06:41 PM.
                - Mary
                SG1 needs it's Fifth Man - Why should we settle for less? Bring back Jonas Quinn!
                Jack O'Neill would die for any member of his team. But there's only one he'd live for: Samantha Carter.

Comment

guys, just a little thought to keep in mind...

i know the 'characters and relationships' section of gateworld is still being seriously observed, so maybe it's a good idea to cut down on the OT (even if it's in spoiler tags) and move it to the special s/j off topic thread.

just a thought.

(((shippers)))
                  sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                    guys, just a little thought to keep in mind...

i know the 'characters and relationships' section of gateworld is still being seriously observed, so maybe it's a good idea to cut down on the OT (even if it's in spoiler tags) and move it to the special s/j off topic thread.

just a thought.

(((shippers)))
                    You make a good point, Sally. I was just wondering whether to say something myself.

Gals...as much as we can stay on topic, we should. No one minds a little off-topic chatter every now and then. That's not it. But we want to try to conform to forum rules.

Hugs to all!

Comment

Well, I overdosed on "the topic" today, so I'm off to bed - night folks.

Comment

'night Solo

you know I always feel sad when ever I see General Hammond Its horrible that he died, my mother (who also loves SG1 and ships s/j) and I when we see him always say "poor General Hammond"

now to weddings,

I am very upset that the Asgard killed themselves, I always wanted to see Thor at the wedding. and who do you think is going to lead Sam down the isle? They killed off her dad, and General Hammond is dead (poor General Hammond ) so I think it will be Tealc.. what do you think?

umm anyone here? gosh this thread is slow tonight
                        Last edited by Gategirl95; 21 January 2009, 07:37 PM.
                        sigpic
                        Made by Luvnjack... Thanks
                        Spoiler:
                        Proud to be an American

Comment

Originally posted by Gategirl959617075
                          Congratulations
                          on 17,100 posts SG-1Fanintn!!
                          from me too....

edit: bedtime

(((((family))))))

'nite
                          Last edited by mad_gater; 21 January 2009, 07:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Gategirl95 View Post
                            'night Solo

you know I always feel sad when ever I see General Hammond Its horrible that he died, my mother (who also loves SG1 and ships s/j) and I when we see him always say "poor General Hammond"

now to weddings,

I am very upset that the Asgard killed themselves, I always wanted to see Thor at the wedding. and who do you think is going to lead Sam down the isle? They killed off her dad, and General Hammond is dead (poor General Hammond ) so I think it will be Tealc.. what do you think?

Oh man!!! I didn't think about that but yeah, it is pretty sad. Okay, happy face!!!
                            Gotta be Big T.

Comment

Originally posted by Gategirl95 View Post
                              'night Solo

now to weddings,

I'm probably in a minority with this opinion, but I don't think Jack and Sam would have a big wedding; that only a few friends would be in attendance; and Sam would walk herself down the aisle (assuming there was an aisle), just because I don't see her as needing or wanting anyone to "give her away" as in a formal-type ceremony. I think if there were more than a few people in attendance, it would be a bit like the fantasy in episode "200" and she would simply walk over to stand beside Jack.

That said, I wish Jacob, George and the Asgard were all still around, too.

Comment

Shameless self-promotion alert!

A little post-inaugural shippiness: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4809414/1/A_Lovely_Moment

It isn't really political...but I was just wondering whether Jack and Sam attended any of the festivities...and this piece of fluff is the result.

+ =

Comment

Working...
                                X