This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AstraPerAspera View Post
    And as I'm dangerously close to rehashing...exactly what I said I wouldn't do...I'll stop. As with Jenn, I sometimes think my fics express my thoughts on the matter a little better.
    It's true. Her fics do express my thoughts better

Comment

Originally posted by AstraPerAspera View Post
      Trust me. When you reach a certain age the big wedding scenario isn't nearly as appealing. And when you're in your 40s, typically no one "gives you away". I don't get the sense that Sam would go much for wedding fru-fru anyway. In any case, I'm sure it's something we'll never see, which is fine with me. Especially after the crack!wedding in 200....
      no, I wasnt suggesting a big wedding, I dont like big weddings, they make me nervous, and they are expensive. I was just suggesting in a more traditional wedding, but here is a new one, how about the wedding be on the bridge of one of our X-304s or the Deadelus (which I think is an X-303) and can beam up and the ships captain can marry them while the ship is in hyperspace taking to a nice uninhabited planet for the honey moon (if they have one) or possibly just down to O'Neill's Cabin (which I love and if I am rich when I grow up will have was quite similar)
      sigpic
      Made by Luvnjack... Thanks
      Spoiler:
      Proud to be an American

Comment

Originally posted by Gategirl95 View Post
        , I always wanted to see Thor at the wedding. and who do you think is going to lead Sam down the isle? They killed off her dad, and General Hammond is dead (poor General Hammond ) so I think it will be Tealc.. what do you think?
        Won't have to worry about it if they're already married. And if they are, I think Hammond did it
        sigpic
        Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

Originally posted by leiasky View Post
          Won't have to worry about it if they're already married. And if they are, I think Hammond did it
          that would be nice but do you think TPTB are gonna do that? highly unlikely, blast them!
          sigpic
          Spoiler:
          Proud to be an American

Comment

Originally posted by babancat View Post
            So, he's a scientist
            Ooh (on the bolded bit). No. Sorry. I beg to differ. He's not a scientist, he's an engineer. Two very different animals. Trust me.

Married to one, raised by the other, lived among both for many years.
            Pol My Blog | My Fanfic | My FaceBook__ Sam: "Jack...please."

Comment

Originally posted by JenniferJF View Post
              And that's how you deal with the idea that our SG-1 is gone. They're not - our SG-1 is the one that didn't have to go back because the ZPM was already found. Not going to go into all the conflicting time travel theories, but simply, the team that went back and got stuck were an Alt. Timeline.

Oh! Oh! Okay, I get it!

But...wait. If the team that went back and got stuck ("A"), then...the 8 years prior didn't happen to "Our" team ("C"). Then...oh heck. Never mind.

Augh.

Aspirin. I need aspirin.
              Pol My Blog | My Fanfic | My FaceBook__ Sam: "Jack...please."

Comment

Originally posted by Pol View Post
                Oh! Oh! Okay, I get it!

But...wait. If the team that went back and got stuck ("A"), then...the 8 years prior didn't happen to "Our" team ("C"). Then...oh heck. Never mind.
                Yeah, they did. They happened exactly the same to Team A and Team C. It was at the point at which the ZPM was found in Giza for Team C (our team) and not Team A that the timelines diverged.

Comment

Originally posted by Aveo_amacus View Post
                  I know this was a couple of pages ago but I was asleep and then at a lecture..
                  I'd say that the I.D. card is accurate. I always took Jack's "I'm forty" to be one of those "I'm in my forties" things where it's not specific. Especially since his actual age is completely not the point of the scene, the point is that instead of living 40 or 45 or whatever days he's lived for more like 15000 days.
                  *shrug* jmho
                  And I tend to think the exact opposite. They were talking about age and how much older Jack was than these people. He gave his exact age and the props department just guessed at one (RDA's own birth year, right?) when they made the prop for the episode.
                  sigpic

Comment

time travel. AU's. Different versions of our team . . . I think my head is going to explode. Wah. I think I won't even try and enter the discussion! LOL!
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by petite_stars View Post
                      Those are so cool! Love them!
                      sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

yes, but what I like to think about is the fact that the SG1 that had to fix the timeline in Moebius had to stay there for the rest of their lives and you know that AT Jack and AT Sam got married and had kids, my mother and i joke that if you did a DNA test on some of the Egyptians you would find a little Irish from where Jack and Sam's spawn mixed with the native pop
                        sigpic
                        Spoiler:
                        Proud to be an American

Comment

Originally posted by leiasky View Post
                          And I tend to think the exact opposite. They were talking about age and how much older Jack was than these people. He gave his exact age and the props department just guessed at one (RDA's own birth year, right?) when they made the prop for the episode.
                          fair enough
                          sigpicMy Fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Gategirl95 View Post
                            yes, but what I like to think about is the fact that the SG1 that had to fix the timeline in Moebius had to stay there for the rest of their lives and you know that AT Jack and AT Sam got married and had kids, my mother and i joke that if you did a DNA test on some of the Egyptians you would find a little Irish from where Jack and Sam's spawn mixed with the native pop
                            My hubs figured it out. See, they couldn't just stay where they were and mingle with the natives - it would effect the timeline. So they went to a 'safe' place Jack knew well as the Jumper's last trip - a little prehistoric lake in Minnesota - where it was relatively easy to avoid contact with the native populations. Thus they lived out there lives in relative peace and quiet. The only thing was, to create variety in their diet, they had to populate a certain pond with fish...

Get it?

Comment

Hi guys! After much deliberation in the artwork thread, we're thinking about adding another two categories to the awards:

Best Video
                              Best GiF

We hope that this will allow a lot more of the family to get involved, since there a lot of awesome giffers and vid-makers out there that don't make artwork.

We really like the idea, but since it involves everyone, and democracy is always a good idea we want to put it to a vote.

So, adding in the votes already cast in the artwork thread (bit of a no-brainer? )

Yes (5)
                              No (0)

Comment

*runs through thread, flailing arms, just for the heck of it*

*drops new WP on way out*
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X