X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Twilight506 View Post
    It would definitely be interesting to know what had been scripted

I don't remember the commentary very well (it's been a while), but it would seem very odd if Teal'c and Janet hadn't heard what was said. For all the previous scenes with the observation room, you can hear what is being said, so that it wouldn't be that way in this instance would be odd. Unless someone can think of a time where they couldn't.

I find it hard to believe that those in the observation room didn't hear their confession. They were thought to be zatarcs. Someone was going to make sure they listened to this new 'evidence' where Sam insisted they weren't.

But, then, why didn't Janet mention anything to Sam about it later? (the 'is this going to be a problem' question from Janet to Sam in, was it 100 days?, coming to the forefront of my mind.)
    sigpic
    Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

Originally posted by Oma-1 View Post
      *joining the cynical shipper crew*

I used to be such a shipper, I'd ship on just about every show I saw But these days, I've lost that enthusiasm for shipping new pairings thanks to the treatment most ptb dish out. The final straw for me was (spoilered for Bones OT and Ranting )
      Spoiler:
      watching the opening double ep of the 4th Series. Angela and Hodgins broke up for such a stupid plot device reason, it was pathetic.

I'll stop there before I make myself
      Ack! Bones spoilers. Luckily I don't know, which season I'm currently watching.

Originally posted by misskitten View Post
      Egle01 - I just have to say your sig is hilarious and oh so true for several great pairings, but especially for this one.
      I'm glad you like it.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Amalthea View Post
        Fair enough... but I wasn't talking like a "Hi, how are ya?" hug. I mean like, Sam getting back from a long mission in deep space and as she lands at the SGC Jack is waiting for her, and they have big goofy grins on their faces and are happy and hug in front of everybody kind of happy hug. Nothing bad has happened, none of them almost died, no consoling each other because someone else died- just we love each other and are going to hug in front of y'all because we can sort of deal. I think with the quality of smiles they are both capable of, it would be a beautiful thing and would undo years of angstyness (not that we haven't enjoyed the angst). If that were followed by a BHK, then so be it.
        Originally posted by JenniferJF View Post
        I tend to agree with this, too, and would find it in many ways more rewarding than a BHK. Because kisses, really, are sexual in nature and can be purely about lust. *cough Chimaera cough* But the sort of hug in the sort of moment Amalthea describes, the kind of mutual giving and receiving, transcends the sexual. Though I still can't quite imagine it happening in front of everyone in the 'gate room, cause I still can't see them losing their professionalism like that. But I wouldn't mind a hug like that even in private.. especially if it were followed by a BHK, followed by a...

Fade to black. What did you think I'd say?

Cause I am sort of shallow like that, too.
        I guess I'm sort of shallow like that, too. I do think it's interesting and slightly- searching for the right word, here- pathetic? Sad? to see what we're willing to accept as evidence that they're in a romantic relationship. The way I look at it, they've saved up lots of screen time, in fact this franchise is overdue for a major infusion of J/S ship.

Originally posted by Oma-1 View Post
        *joining the cynical shipper crew*

I used to be such a shipper, I'd ship on just about every show I saw But these days, I've lost that enthusiasm for shipping new pairings thanks to the treatment most ptb dish out. The final straw for me was (spoilered for Bones OT and Ranting )
        Spoiler:
        watching the opening double ep of the 4th Series. Angela and Hodgins broke up for such a stupid plot device reason, it was pathetic.

I'll stop there before I make myself

Anywho, I stopped by before rushing off to school to share a very brief S/J moment I just had

I'd just put a cd in and noticed how pants the visualisation on WMP was, so thought I'd change it to something more interesting. I clicked on the Battery list and one caught my eye.....I see the truth. So I clicked on it and what do I see?????

The Zatarc Detector Oh the irony! *swoons in delight*

Don't have time to cap it now, LATE FOR SCHOOL!!!!!!!! Maybe later
        Just a reminder that the Cynics Cafe is open 24/7.

Speaking of TV ships, Carl Binder was an Executive Producer and sometime writer during the last two years of Dr. Quinn: Medicine Woman. Those would be the two years when, despite being characters on an ongoing TV show, the male and female leads were actually more or less happily married, had kids, etc.

So it can happen. Wonder what ole CB is doing now?
        Hmm. I wonder. Maybe he's working on the third SG-1 movie.

Originally posted by leiasky View Post
        I will if someone hasn't already beaten me to it
        I'm sure it doesn't hurt for more than one person to ask, and there's safety in numbers, as they say.

Comment

Originally posted by VSS View Post

I'm sure it doesn't hurt for more than one person to ask, and there's safety in numbers, as they say.
          Yep! The more the better!
          I asked... maybe if they see that many people are longing (because it's nothing less) for the same thing... they will give us *something*...or at least an answer
          sigs by Rachel-Kree, josiane and finally me too!
          Thank you!

"The true nature of a man is decided in the battle between his conscious mind and the desires of his subconscious." - Shifu, Absolute Power
          Videos:
          YouTube/Imeem
          Stargate SG.1, Sam and Jack, Sanctuary...

Comment

Originally posted by VSS View Post
            The way I look at it, they've saved up lots of screen time, in fact this franchise is overdue for a major infusion of J/S ship.
            I don't think there is a S/J fan out there who would disagree with that!

I did post on the blog about S/J but the posts are moderated so the owner/reader has to release them. By the time they're all released, maybe there will just be an overwhelming flood of S/J questions! LOL!
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by leiasky View Post
              I find it hard to believe that those in the observation room didn't hear their confession. They were thought to be zatarcs. Someone was going to make sure they listened to this new 'evidence' where Sam insisted they weren't.

But, then, why didn't Janet mention anything to Sam about it later? (the 'is this going to be a problem' question from Janet to Sam in, was it 100 days?, coming to the forefront of my mind.)
              '100 days' is pre-'D&C' and so Janet says that just based on her own observations.

I think they must have heard though...

Comment

Speaking of TV ships, Carl Binder was an Executive Producer and sometime writer during the last two years of Dr. Quinn: Medicine Woman. Those would be the two years when, despite being characters on an ongoing TV show, the male and female leads were actually more or less happily married, had kids, etc.

So it can happen. Wonder what ole CB is doing now?
                [/FONT]
                Speaking of TV ships, ... I've been reading all these comments about "ships" and how people started watching them. I've always been aware of relationships in various programs, but never knew they were referred to as "ships" by many people. So when I started watching SG1 and then later stumbled across Gateworld and then fanfiction, etc. and read the reference to "ships", I was really confused, because I couldn't figure out what that meant. For quite awhile I kept thinking "I don't get it. What boats are they referring to? I haven't seen any boats in any of these episodes." I don't recall when it finally dawned on me that everyone was talking about relationships, but after I did, it all finally made sense. Yes, I know, I can be pretty slow at times. But I've finally seen the light (or, rather, finally saw the light awhile back), which is what got me even more hooked on these forums and threads than I was before.

Comment

Just checked the questions for BW on the blog, someone did ask if Jack/Sam will be confirmed... though there's one who asked for Jack/Daniel to be confirmed... !!!!!!!!!!!!
                  sigpic
                  Big thanks to josi for avi and sig

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                    Speaking of TV ships, ... I've been reading all these comments about "ships" and how people started watching them. I've always been aware of relationships in various programs, but never knew they were referred to as "ships" by many people. So when I started watching SG1 and then later stumbled across Gateworld and then fanfiction, etc. and read the reference to "ships", I was really confused, because I couldn't figure out what that meant. For quite awhile I kept thinking "I don't get it. What boats are they referring to? I haven't seen any boats in any of these episodes." I don't recall when it finally dawned on me that everyone was talking about relationships, but after I did, it all finally made sense. Yes, I know, I can be pretty slow at times. But I've finally seen the light (or, rather, finally saw the light awhile back), which is what got me even more hooked on these forums and threads than I was before.
                    I know exactly what you mean. The first time I heard the term 'ship,' it was in a comment about one of my vids, and I got the general meaning - the girl liked the vid, but it got me thinking... 'ship?' What's that? Boat... okay, how can a boat be relevant to Sam/Jack relationship? Hmm...

...and than I got the briliant idea! It's connected to the "LOVE BOAT!!!" Love ship... Sam/Jack equals

You know... that doesn't make sense out side of my head.
                    sigpic
                    Big thanks to josi for avi and sig

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                      I think the term 'ship' is a relatively new term. (And yes, I consider the last decade to be 'new'.) I figured out what was being referred to by the term relatively quickly, but I'm a bit too embarassed to admit how long it took for me to figure out where the term came from. What's funny to me is it's both a noun and a verb (to ship or not to ship, that is the question...)

Actually, I opened a new window and researched a bit, and according to Wikipedia, the term's often credited to Pokemon, but it seems to have been first used as early as May of 1996 to refer to XFiles fans who 'shipped' Mulder and Scully.

So, now you know. More info than you probably ever wanted, but I found it interesting (and that page I linked was pretty funny as it took the whole thing DEADLY serious )

Comment

Originally posted by Egle01 View Post
                        OT
                        Spoiler:
                        My poor dog Tommy has got bone infection again. If I'm not mistaking, it's 4th time already. That's way too much. And too often. He was just cured last month. Oh. I'll better go and pat him. (((Tommy)))
                        OT
                        Spoiler:
                        *hugs* I hope your dog gets better really soon! It's annoying/sad if the dog gets sick again!

While we are talking about dogs...it's my dogs Bday today! She is now 10! Oldie! (she got a big teddy bear from me)

Originally posted by silly sally View Post
                        Try Heroes! It will blow your mind up!
                        *nods*

...Tv shows relationships...hmm...what to say, what to say. I like ships on shows, it makes them good...but some relationship in shows are very bad. The writers write them but the actors don't have any chemistry, the ship doesn't work then. The best relationships are the ones that accidentally started out(IMHO atleast). I've noticed/seen very bad ones out there that made me go....ewww...
                        How the relationships are resolved and worked out. Again I have seen very bad ones that I think destroy the whol story before hand. Great chemistry, great show...and then...BAM suddenly together and happy go around...erm...yeah...no issues to work out first?
                        Ooor...you have the story of the shows that in the end go towards the wrong relationship...that is wrong as well...
                        I just hope that S/J isn't something like that. No together coming in the new movie, they are already together! it would be bad if they wrote something entirely wrong in it...I hope if we get confirmation it will be done right*tries to trust her writers/PTB* Give me that one final hope to a good ship...for once! (but no soap opera...if I would want to watch that I go to another show )

SGA S5...spoilers..I think:
                        Spoiler:
                        Sorry to say it...but Soap opera like SGA is becoming...everyone wants with everyone...*sigh*
                        Ronon/Keller/Mckay. Ronon/Teyla/Sheppard...but I must say the writers destroyed this with the Teyla/Kanaan thing. Who's next? Woolsey and Keller...or Woolsey with Sam when she is back at the end of the season...

Or give me a good ship or none at all please!
                        sigpic

Comment

*skips in*

*hopes no one notices her shameful absence*

Hi guys, how is everyone?? Any interesting news to report?

TPTB announce anything fun? Joe still teasing us with the blog? Any polar bears decamated by the penguin army??

Comment

Originally posted by starlover View Post
                            OT
                            Spoiler:
                            *hugs* I hope your dog gets better really soon! It's annoying/sad if the dog gets sick again!

While we are talking about dogs...it's my dogs Bday today! She is now 10! Oldie! (she got a big teddy bear from me)
                            Your dog has the same birthday as Nad!

Originally posted by Sarai View Post
                            *skips in*

*hopes no one notices her shameful absence*

Hi guys, how is everyone?? Any interesting news to report?

TPTB announce anything fun? Joe still teasing us with the blog? Any polar bears decamated by the penguin army??

Hey Sarai *waves* Nothing major to report, except that BW will be answering questions on Joe's Blog soon, so we might get to hear more about that 'romantic' scene

Comment

Originally posted by Devilish Me View Post
                              though there's one who asked for Jack/Daniel to be confirmed... !!!!!!!!!!!!
                              Questions like that make me wonder if we watched the same show . . .
                              LOL!
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jumble View Post
                                Your dog has the same birthday as Nad!

Hey Sarai *waves* Nothing major to report, except that BW will be answering questions on Joe's Blog soon, so we might get to hear more about that 'romantic' scene
                                Thanks Jumbly, sounds exciting, do we know when its going to happen?!!

Comment

Working...
                                X