Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just an opinion on how we should approach TPTB with our concerns. First, I have not been around as long as many of you (though I have lurked). I realize that shippers in general have been the target of much ridicule and abuse over the years. I also know that most of us are someone's daughter, wife, sister or mother. In general, we don't like to provoke or argue.

HOWEVER...
    If you think about the reaction to MS and AT's news last week over maybe not returning to the show. Many fans were very vocal in saying that without these characters they would not continue to watch the show. They made no excuses nor apologized for liking these characters best, or finding the roles they play on Stargate as the reason they watch the show.

I often read where Sam and Jack fans qualify liking them by adding that this is just one thing they enjoy about the show. Now, if this is true then fine. But if if it is not, why do we need to defend our choice of Sam and Jack. The other fandoms got an immediate reaction from TPTB because they sensed that if it was not corrected then they would lose fans. TPTB don't care what we think (or any other fandom for that matter). They just care IF WE WATCH. Watching = ratings and ratings=advertising dollars.

So far, they have kept us all tuning in for season 9 with simply the hope of something Sam and Jack. They probably will keep the majority of us with 2 words ..."not exactly." Many are already talking about season 10 and again hoping for something more. Let's be honest. It wouldn't take much to be "something more".

My opinion, for what it is worth...If we truly want Sam and Jack to once again be a part of the show or at least be addressed, acknowledged or resolved then we have to let TPTB know that we are willing to stop watching the show. We don't have to be rude. We don't have to be angry. BUT, I do believe that we have to be forward and honest in our feelings over Sam and Jack.

No apologies. Our reasons are as valid as any other fan's.

Comment

Stargate7777 - I've already stopped watching...so no point in me doing that, though I believe that the people who still tune in should tell TPTB that they might stop watching.
      sigpic
      Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Originally posted by STARGATE7777
        Just an opinion on how we should approach TPTB with our concerns.

<big snip to save space>

No apologies. Our reasons are as valid as any other fan's.
        These are very good points. I think it should also be added that not only will we stop watching the show, but we shall also stop buying all the related merchandise, like the dvd's etc.
        sigpic

Comment

Just a quick note. Hi everybody.

Write letters - write lots of letters - don't know if it will do any good but it can't hurt.
          I'm ticked off about a few things.
          Seems just about everyone with gray hair (or no hair) is gone.
          There is no explaination for Jack's absence
          There is no satisfaction for the Sam and Jack arc.
          The Ori and Vala story lines are a yawn.
          I will write letters complaining but plan too, to thank RDA for all the years of enjoyment he provided.
          sigpic
          Distinguished Service Ribbon Goa'uld Campaign
          My Stories zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Artwork by Mala

Comment

Originally posted by smea

<snip>

OH MAN! Im praying that RDA will come back for sure.. even if it is for a couple of eps.. *sighs*... wow, that'd make me day.. or week.. or year especially if they used his time well.. if you know what I mean..

<snip>
            I don't know if anyone has said this already, but I just had a look at IMDB and RDA is no longer credited as appearing in the first ep of S10.

Comment

Originally posted by smea
              Hey, get well soon.. and good luck! Ive got exams too.. though theyre only mocks. What exams do you have?

And MacGyver was on BBC2?! WHEN WAS THIS?! lol... I didnt see

Also.. Im SO disappointed.. I didnt even know Amanda was going to be on T4.. so I didnt see it

Ah well.. It seems pretty encouraging; the things she said about S&J were great! Im really pleased and its also pretty cool she mentioned it.. obviously she's alright with the idea.. *giggles*..
              Hey smea

Thank you for the get well wishes. I have been like this for a week now! I know… it sucks doesn't it? I only have one exam on the 7th December. It is a sociology-application to nursing exam and I so don't want to do it! Good luck with your exams too!

Yep it was. It was MacGyver: The lost treasures of Atlantis *lol*. I was watching Neighbours on BBC1 (sad I know, but there was nothing else on and I was revising anyway ) and then flicked to BBC2 and there it was! It was so nice to see RDA *happy sighs* .

Neither did I until someone from the Amanda Tapping club told me on Sunday morning. So I got my tape ready! Yeah they were, we always knew she was a shipper at heart!

~Tracey~

By Jenomac over @ Livejournal

My Livejournal

My Myspace

Comment

Stargate 7777 ..Great post .. This is exactly how they suck the shipper fans , giving them a little crumb every 6 episodes ...dangling the carrot ..then they reinforce all that by the interviews with the actor , and they know that AT will say something about Sam and Jack as she is always being asked the question ..which is actually redundant in season 9 but still let's play with the shipper 's mind a bit more ....They are dull and will keep watching the show .Tptb treats us like real idiots , I'm afraid to say

and they will carry on because they know that by launching some crumbs the shippers will still hope no matter what .

I saw "The tie that bound "last night and what is all that about ?!!!..It's the Vala/Daniel show full blast add to that the sexual innuendos ..plus an uneccessary scene of Vala nearly undressed in Daniel's quarter who says she wants to sleep with him to pass the time ....Completely soap opera . Can't really stand the new show and Poor Teal'c who is playing 3rd wheel

Saying as well that they beat the x-files ..How pathetic is that ?? Was it their goal : Beating the x-files !!!!...grow up TPTB
                At least in the x-files we had continuity in the understory ( The Mulder and Scully ship)

caty

Comment

(((Tracey)))

Hope you feel better soon!

anywho...here's something for y'all

for the shipper family

the URL is http://forum.stargate-intel.net...party is all day friday and also saturday...we have an active S/J thread, active RDA thunk and appreciation threads as well as an AT thread,popular off-topic section, shippy art and fanfictions!The party is to coincide with both SI's first birthday and the completion of the site's revamp. At the moment, we're sporting a new look, new features, character bios, convention reports and pictures, fan art and fanfiction hosting and much much more. You don't need to have an invite to attend, but we're inviting people who we really want to be there. So I hope, on behalf of the intel team, you'll come along, even if it's just to say hi!
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay
                    Hey all!

Shel - I expect a full convention report from you ASAP

Okay, this is the stuff that springs to mind at the moment!!

Cliff Simon - The man has such a fabulous accent!! He told a story about RDA on set, when they were waiting to shoot one of the scenes in the SGC, it was unbelievably hot, and they had no air conditioning – they started rolling and RDA was supposed to come in the door, but there was no sign of him. They cut, I think he said it was Martin Wood directing, and a few minutes later RDA came in and MW was going ‘where were you, we’re supposed to be filming!’ and he replied “oh I was over at the Atlantis set, they have air conditioning over there!”
                    He also said that he gets a lot of jokes whenever he’s on set about Ba’al’s name.

Tobias Mehler - It was his first con! He’s absolutely lovely!! And so thunkable in RL!! He didn’t think Lt. Simmons ever really had a chance with Sam, but maybe in different circumstances…

David Nykl - He was asked a lot of questions about Zelenka/Weir, Zelenka/McKay and Zelenka V McKay, and he seemed to take great pleasure in declaring Zelenka could beat McKay at just about anything.

Eric Breker - Missed most of his talks, but I did hear him talking about mixing his wife up with her identical twin sister once.

Neil Denis - Missed most of his talks too, but he did get Bryan up on stage to do some Irish dancing!

Alex Zahara - He wanted to play Chaka in…Enemy Mine, I think it was. He also said that in BoB, there was about four of them playing all of the Unas in that ep, and he was the female Unas that sniffed Daniel in the bar…I don’t actually remember that, but I’ll look out for it the next time I see the ep!

Dan Shea - Such a funny guy! He showed us some stunts!! And spent a lot of time taking the mick out of RDA! I didn’t realise they’d been working together since MacGyver! They brought a giant wrench onstage at one point – that went down well!

I got pics with Dan Shea, David Nykl & Cliff Simon. The dealer’s room was very good – I spent far more money than I could afford!

Comment

(((Tracey)))

for the shipper family
                      http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...INTELFINAL.jpg
                      the URL is http://forum.stargate-intel.net...party is all day friday and also saturday...we have an active S/J thread, active RDA thunk and appreciation threads as well as an AT thread,popular off-topic section, shippy art and fanfictions!The party is to coincide with both SI's first birthday and the completion of the site's revamp. At the moment, we're sporting a new look, new features, character bios, convention reports and pictures, fan art and fanfiction hosting and much much more. You don't need to have an invite to attend, but we're inviting people who we really want to be there. So I hope, on behalf of the intel team, you'll come along, even if it's just to say hi!

Thank you Suekay I will try to be around on Friday but it's such a busy night for me TV wise ...as I watch JAG AT 19.00 , NCIS at 20.00 ..then JAG again at 21.00 and again at 22.00 .... It will be after 11 pm for me

May pop round during the day though

Caty

Comment

Shel...sounds fab

how would you like to write a proper report for Stargate Intel and get a promotion at the forum???

((((Caty)))) no probs!
                        sigpic

Comment

Yea, Divide and Conquer is on tonight! But they still haven't got back to the full Monday night SG-1 showings.

Comment

(((Tracey)))

for the shipper family
                            http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...INTELFINAL.jpg

(((((((((Suz))))))))))))

Thank you! I hope so too. I am better than I was last week!

I am a little bit teary now though... I just watched (well nearly an hour ago now) that docu on C5 about The girl whose muscle are turning to bone (had to watch from a student nurse perspective) and it was so sad!

Oh and nice invitation... I shall try and be around. I haven't been to Intel for ages (sorry ) but I will definitely be there... And hey, it's you 18th birthday on the 12th isn’t it? Count me in!

~Tracey~

By Jenomac over @ Livejournal

My Livejournal

My Myspace

Comment

You said it Caty.TPTB and the Actors will continue to leave us crumbs.I'am not hungry for crumbs.I want a nice O'Malley's Steak.For me to watch an SG-1 episode again there has to be either AT and RDA in the episode or some sort of Sam and Jack Ship.Cute comments from TPTB or Actors does not cut it anymore.

Comment

Hi all

Thought you might like to caption these.

3 ^^Finally go fishing.^^ (Thats a real one)

Opps wrong cap, now fixed
                                Last edited by Terrah; 07 November 2005, 02:17 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X