Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=AmberLM]Some of us were discussing this at GABIT, it seemed like in the beginning it started with Jack showing his feelings much more than Sam but now, with the exception of his reaction to the proposal, he doesn't show much emotion around Sam at all now. Maybe that was to do with Pete but I think that there should be something more than "C'mere, let me comfort you because your father's dying." I know RDA isn't around any more but surely they could persuade him to do one or two more episodes just to tie things up and not just Sam/Jack things either. He left in such a hurry and we never got an explanation. (Personally I prefer the shotgun wedding scenario - Jack gets promoted, Sam jumps ship to R&D for a few weeks so they can get married in Vegas... OK, maybe Vegas is going a little too far but you get the idea! )[/QUOT

Maybe I'm dating myself--but I always thought a shotgun wedding was sort of a joke meaning the groom was ordered to marry the bride and the persuasion was the bride's father holding a shotgun! Usually in hillbilly shows, though I'm sure there were plenty of real cases where the groom actually was told he "had to do the right thing" rather forcefully. Has the meaning changed or am I reading too much into your description?

Comment

Originally posted by STARGATE7777
      In Canada last night we had a half hour special on Season 9. I don't know if other countries showed this before season 9 premiered or not. A number of interesting things were said and not said, I guess. AT said that this season there was going to be nothing about her personal life, ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. She said it very emphatically. She also said that Cameron led the team different from Richard then corrected herself and said Jack. Interestingly she said that Jack often deferred to the other team members but Cameron was more "a man of action." Not sure what show she is watching but, oh well. She also talked about the chemistry the actors have and how it shows how everyboby cares for each other. Again, I think she must be watching reruns. I don't want to sound too negative but RDA wasn't mentioned at all (except that one thing) and also without RDA these people are seriously NOT FUNNY.It was the most bland and dull behind the scenes that I have

seen.

This doesn't sound like what we got in the USA, which was a mixture of SG-l, Atlantis and BG. And not very interesting IMO, just heard a bit about one show then it jumped to another, then to another. The UK viewers didn't mention any special before S9 started over there, at least I don't remember them mentioning it. Interesting AT said nothing about Sam's personal life to be in S9. Well, leaving out "not exactly" she told Barrett about dealing with Cassie, and then she had to admit to Landry being "intimate" with Orlin and Orlin told her he still had feelings for her. Sounds kinda personal to me. Anyone else talk on the special?

Comment

Originally posted by Gatetrixer
        Just a thought. No matter how excellently, persuasively, and logically a letter is put together, if it is more than a paragraph or two long, I'd bet any PTB would be disinclined to keep on reading and get to the important parts. So, if possible try to be upfront at the beginning and keep it as short as possible. This makes it harder to be diplomatic, I suppose, but I just feel short would work better with them. Feel free to disagree.
        I sensed my letter was verbose and that's why I bolded the key themes.

A lot of people are funny that way. I know if I were faced with a long read, I'm much more inclined to skim through something if a line per paragraph was bolded; that way I'd be able to spend much less time on it than if I had to read the whole thing while still getting the gist of the content.

That's what I was going for with my letter...since the rest of the paragraph merely emphasizes what was said in bold. They could get the key points out of it and read the rest if they were so inclined. I think it's worth the full read just for the mental image of Walter as a flower girl.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
          I sensed my letter was verbose and that's why I bolded the key themes.

A lot of people are funny that way. I know if I were faced with a long read, I'm much more inclined to skim through something if a line per paragraph was bolded; that way I'd be able to spend much less time on it than if I had to read the whole thing while still getting the gist of the content.

That's what I was going for with my letter...since the rest of the paragraph merely emphasizes what was said in bold. They could get the key points out of it and read the rest if they were so inclined. I think it's worth the full read just for the mental image of Walter as a flower girl.
          well hopefully they will pay attention-sometimes I think they get those flashes of brilliance where they actually "listen"-but then, I'm mistaken.

i find it hard to believe thought that they aren't aware of what we are looking for or for that matter what is missing on that show.

i always felt that it lack "heart"-I never saw much in the way of emotions and consequences-and when they were there it was a blink and you miss it. the one constant emotional connection was sam and jack-even when there didn't seem to be anything apparent it was there.

i hope that they manage to pull it together and finish the story-but I just don't know.
          Franklin said, "They that can give up essential liberty for a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

"Do or do not. There is no try." Yoda

Comment

Originally posted by nickatell
            I was listening to my friends commentaries from Season 7 Heroes Part two when Jack and Sam hug and RC can be heard saying (I don't remember exactly what he said word for word so I am pariphrasing) that when two people work as closely as these two they either develop a strong hatred or a strong bond (or love, not sure) and with these two it is a strong bond, but it will never be the Jack and Sam hour with Jack coming home from work and tripping over the ottoman and Sam coming out of the kitchen because that is not what this show is all about. As much as I know I don't think anyone of us has every asked for what he is implying. Also, when Jack and Sam are in the engine room in Lost City we were told that there was suppose to be a kiss there but since there was another season ordered that the kiss was dropped; so how come when they supposedly wrapped up the relationship with either Threads or Moebius 2 we still didn't get our kiss? Sometimes I am just not sure they realize what we are really asking for as dumb as that sounds.
            Wow, OK first post so here goes - Just finished watching that ep.(heroes) - RCC actually said "these two LOVE each other"! He went on to say that this is Stargate - so its never going to be the Sam and Jack hour - which I suppose is true, it is a si-fi after all. But he did say they love each other!!

Comment

Hello shipper friends

I do not know if AT has signed for Sg1 and SGA yet !!!!!..I hope she has not and will move on to her new project but if she has ..here is my little possilble scenario for episode 200 th with Jack .

If that episode is at all related Sam and Jack which I doubt but still need to contribute to the thread a little

Possible 200 th episode scenario Ok I'm trying to hope with you guys !!!

Spoiler:
              As TPTB may give us the Sam and Jack missing from season 9 in flashbacks and what they have been doing behind our back during that season ..but I think it could make that episode very soapy as it appeas out of nowhere ....still

READ FURTHER

Scenario 200th episode Sam and Jack centric only

Spoiler:
              I don't know may be it could be an episode where Sam is missing ..kidnapped by the Ori ..yes again ... The GoauldS , the replicators and now the Ori ..Sam has to be kidnapped by the Ori . Got to ..wouldn't be complete with the Sam not being kidnapped by the ori ,!!!

Anyway, Jack turns up at the SGC all stressed up and worried to find Sam ...We have Jack in action again going through Stargate all geered up with grenades and Zapp guns and all that ..... the search for Sam begins ...nothing will stop Jack and during the search , he will kill all Ori in his way and he will have flasbacks of what Happened between him and Sam in season 9 ..all the shippy scenes that we have missed in that season 9 ..I mean that could work!!!! ....

.......then he finds her at the Ori planet ... ..may be she is in a bad state , he caresses her face and carries her back to the Stargate . we need to see Jack going through the Stargate at least twice .

Sam goes to Infirmary , Jack is by her side all the way ...She wakes up ..we have a scene a la GRACE at the infirmary except this time he is holding her hand and we have our big Honking kiss because she now feels better .

It makes you dream. !!! I wish , I wish

Resolution done and I can stick that episode after Moebius 2 ......then I can make my finale Sam and jack video

This is the only way I think it could be possible

And as I thought of it , it will probably never happen because we always get it wrong

Caty
              Last edited by Catysg1; 06 November 2005, 05:29 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jg-1
                Wow, OK first post so here goes - Just finished watching that ep.(heroes) - RCC actually said "these two LOVE each other"! He went on to say that this is Stargate - so its never going to be the Sam and Jack hour - which I suppose is true, it is a si-fi after all. But he did say they love each other!!

jg-1....

Of course they LOVE each other... I've been watching S8 and in the comentaries it's amazing how many Ship comments from the Directors there is... i.e in the first ep (can't remeber the name) when Jack is promoting Carter and he puts the medal on her, if you listen to the comentaries they say... after they look back at each other "And now they Kiss" Squeeee TPTB:

- Are Shippers
                - Know they are together
                - Believe they Sam and Jack have a secret life outside the SC

PS: I guess they just weren't invited to the wedding... that's why they don't want to show it to us

Proud Member of the Ship, Ship Hooray Special Ops Team
                Interviews with The O'Neills: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5, Part 6, Part 7, Part 8, Part 9, Part 10
                Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild

Comment

Originally posted by Catysg1
                  Hello shipper friends

I do not know if AT has signed for Sg1 and SGA yet !!!!!..I hope she has not and will move on to her new project but if she has ..here is my little possilble scenario for episode 200 th with Jack .

If that episode is at all related Sam and Jack which I doubt but still need to contribute to the thread a little

Possible 200 th episode scenario Ok I'm trying to hope with you guys !!!

Spoiler:
                  As TPTB may give us the Sam and Jack missing from season 9 in flashbacks and what they have been doing behind our back during that season ..but I think it could make that episode very soapy as it appeas out of nowhere ....still

READ FURTHER

Scenario 200th episode Sam and Jack centric only

Spoiler:
                  I don't know may be it could be an episode where Sam is missing ..kidnapped by the Ori ..yes again ... The GoauldS , the replicators and now the Ori ..Sam has to be kidnapped by the Ori . Got to ..wouldn't be complete with the Sam not being kidnapped by the ori ,!!!

Anyway, Jack turns up at the SGC all stressed up and worried to find Sam ...We have Jack in action again going through Stargate all geered up with grenades and Zapp guns and all that ..... the search for Sam begins ...nothing will stop Jack and during the search , he will kill all Ori in his way and he will have flasbacks of what Happened between him and Sam in season 9 ..all the shippy scenes that we have missed in that season 9 ..I mean that could work!!!! ....

.......then he finds her at the Ori planet ... ..may be she is in a bad state , he caresses her face and carries her back to the Stargate . we need to see Jack going through the Stargate at least twice .

Sam goes to Infirmary , Jack is by her side all the way ...She wakes up ..we have a scene a la GRACE at the infirmary except this time he is holding her hand and we have our big Honking kiss because she now feels better .

It makes you dream. !!! I wish , I wish

Resolution done and I can stick that episode after Moebius 2 ......then I can make my finale Sam and jack video

This is the only way I think it could be possible

And as I thought of it , it will probably never happen because we always get it wrong

Caty
                  Caty, let me say something.....

Squeeeeeeee!!!!!!!! Me loving it..... I and I can so see it happen

BTW, I would like to recomend this fic, nice, short and shippy and also, very, very real, I'm sure it so happened this way

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/1939914/1/

Proud Member of the Ship, Ship Hooray Special Ops Team
                  Interviews with The O'Neills: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5, Part 6, Part 7, Part 8, Part 9, Part 10
                  Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild

Comment

Happy birthday melpomene and SNY

My Sam and Jack photo album ( collages , postcards )for you to browse through

http://suzdai.goldeye.info/SPGM/index.php?spgmGal=INTELITES!/CatySG1/Collages&spgmPage=1&spgmFilters=t

Thank You Suekay

Caty

Comment

Happy Birthday Mel And Sny!!!!!!!!!!
                      sigpic
                      Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Happy birthday melpomene and SNY !

Welcome jg-1 and Englemyer, and all the others I could have missed !
                        Flo ~ FBI - Proud Shep Thunker - Proud member of the Ship Ship Hooray Special Ops Team !

Comment

Stargate Intel's had OVER 20 000 POSTS!!!!!!!!!!!!! YAY!!!!!!!!!
                          sigpic
                          Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

I've just found one sweet and funny fic (post-Threads and post-beginning of Season 9)

1st part : Always 1 -A to Z

2nd part : Always-Coffee and Conversation

3rd part : Always - Turning the Tables
                            Sam and Jack make lists...
                            Flo ~ FBI - Proud Shep Thunker - Proud member of the Ship Ship Hooray Special Ops Team !

Comment

Congrats sueKay!!!

(isn't it shiny? thanks again!)
                              sig by PM

Comment

Happy birthday melpomene and SNY you are two very talented ladies

Comment

Working...
                                X