No announcement yet.

Daniel Jackson/Vala Mal Doran Ship/Discussion/Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Haha, how could you NOT think of Memento Mori? That was the episode that practically wrote "D/V is Canon" in neon letters across the screen...

Daniel's unwillingness to give up, the rather ineffective "not a date" protests, Daniel being the one to make Vala remember... The hug... It was just.... perfect...

Comment

Originally posted by LittleMissJigsaw View Post
      Haha, how could you NOT think of Memento Mori? That was the episode that practically wrote "D/V is Canon" in neon letters across the screen...

Daniel's unwillingness to give up, the rather ineffective "not a date" protests, Daniel being the one to make Vala remember... The hug... It was just.... perfect...
      Yes, perfection all around, but I think the love came a lot sooner than that. It just took forever for those two hard headed individuals to acknowledge it!
      sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

Oh, I'm not saying they didn't have feelings before then. I'm just sayin that's the ep that really SHOWED those feelings. In my opinion anyway.

*headdesk* I hate myself right now. Know how hard it is to write a conversation between more than just a few people? Get more than those few and one may get neglected, or you forget they're even there XD

Ah well. If I keep rewriting this conversation, eventually it'll be perfect XD

EDIT: but it'll have to be perfected later, cuz now I return to SG-1

Comment

fave D/V ep? toss up.... Prometheus Unbound/Memento Mori/ Flesh and Blood are tied for #1. I love flesh and blood where Vala tells daniel to leave her and take adria and daniel says " so not going to happen." (insert shippy sigh!)

Comment

Dominion is up there with my fave D/V episodes. The way he is there for her with the whole Adria thing, the way she is about to kill Adria to save him in the end. And how his first concern is "Guys, I can't get to Vala"...that episode really showed the growth in their relationship. How he was trying to get her to open up and the whole chin turn thing...it's the subtle ways that Daniel shows that there is so much more between them.
            sigpic
            Save the Stargate Movies Campaign: Official Site, LiveJournal, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube
            My Fanfiction I sail on certain 'ships, but try to avoid the fluff!

Comment

yeah marie (Sighhhhhhhhhhhhh) those are great moments in the ep that shows us how important Vala is to Daniel....

Comment

it sure did!!!! Memento Mori also has my favorite d/v moment...the hug in the warehouse *sighs* I must go and watch again!!!!!
                thanks to Pandora's_Box for the siggie!

Comment

Originally posted by StargateHERO View Post
                  it sure did!!!! Memento Mori also has my favorite d/v moment...the hug in the warehouse *sighs* I must go and watch again!!!!!
                  Memento Mori is definitely one of my favorite D/V eps... I've seen it far too many times as it is, but I still want to go watch it again!
                  sigpic
                  Sig by Everlovin

Comment

Originally posted by LKS358 View Post
                    Memento Mori is definitely one of my favorite D/V eps... I've seen it far too many times as it is, but I still want to go watch it again!
                    lets just say the play count on my itunes is embarassing.
                    thanks to Pandora's_Box for the siggie!

Comment

Morning oven.

Well, my mom and I finished season 8 last night, will begin on season 9 today most likely.

My mom spent most of Prometheus Unbound practically rolling on the floor, she was laughing so hard. ...Then again, so was I. I'd forgotten the hilarity of PU...

"You are very attractive."
                      *cough/choke*..."Um, well you see, you're not really my type... And I'm more than a little disturbed that I might be yours." *mask's about to come off* "no no no! You don't have to do that!"

"Oh, you hit me!"
                      ".... You hit me"
                      "Well, we could just have sex, instead..."

"Are we done?"
                      " I am."

"You're a fruitcake."

"'Can I have the ship?' 'No' 'Okay' Discussion over!"

And poor poor Novak, with those hiccups.

Comment

Ah, the love that is PU! I remember reading a rather racey - m rated - fic not long after it came out - someone had added screencaps and everything. Too bad I have no idea what that link is anymore.
                        sigpic

Comment

Oooh, those are the best kind

Well, if they're done right. It's hard to find ones that are.

Back to writing, now that I've had my coffee.

Comment

I agree that Memento Mori is canon for D/V. My jaw dropped when I was on the scifi forums and saw the thread discussing that episode when it aired. So many people were arguing that there was nothing going on and that they were just friends and that Daniel could never have feelings for someone like Vala. I'm sure their jaws dropped when they saw Unending though!

I need to get back to writing the sequel to my fanfic. It's mostly drama though, which I don't enjoy writing so much. I like to blow stuff up.

This isn't an episode, but one of my fave D/V moments in the movies was in Ark of Truth where Vala is trying to comfort Tomin and asking him to come with her to find Daniel, and then Daniel startles her by saying he's right there. It looked like it took her a moment to register that it was Daniel and she needed to not look so intimate with Tomin. I loved it
                            sigpic
                            Save the Stargate Movies Campaign: Official Site, LiveJournal, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube
                            My Fanfiction I sail on certain 'ships, but try to avoid the fluff!

Comment

Yeah, that was a good moment, Marie

Ah, so another is in the process of writing, as well, eh?

I've just finished writing Jonas' explanation of why a naquadria bomb almost followed him through the 'gate. Poor kid's beat all to hell, too...

I'm toying with the idea of maybe having Vala develop an interest in Jonas, beyond that of her normal flirtatious self... Just to add some drama to the mix. Of course, everything will ultimately be D/V....

I mean, look at it from Vala's POV... Here's a man, every bit as smart, and caring as Daniel- and as good looking- who doesn't have any past knowledge of her, and therefore wouldn't let his past experiences with her cloud his perception of her in the here and now.

And even if Jonas were to be told of Vala's past, he likely wouldn't hold it against her...

Comment

Yeah, that was a good moment, Marie

Ah, so another is in the process of writing, as well, eh?

I've just finished writing Jonas' explanation of why a naquadria bomb almost followed him through the 'gate. Poor kid's beat all to hell, too...

I'm toying with the idea of maybe having Vala develop an interest in Jonas, beyond that of her normal flirtatious self... Just to add some drama to the mix. Of course, everything will ultimately be D/V....

I mean, look at it from Vala's POV... Here's a man, every bit as smart, and caring as Daniel- and as good looking- who doesn't have any past knowledge of her, and therefore wouldn't let his past experiences with her cloud his perception of her in the here and now.

And even if Jonas were to be told of Vala's past, he likely wouldn't hold it against her...
                                I don't know. At that point, Vala's got a LOT invested in Daniel. I think that Daniel might misinterpret some of her flirting at Jonas, but I can't see her truly becoming interested in anyone else. That's just my opinion, of course. I do understand your reasoning, though. I maybe if it's like a Jack/Sam/Pete thing. She's trying to move on from impossible feelings? Don't know.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X