No announcement yet.

Daniel Jackson/Vala Mal Doran Ship/Discussion/Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As far as I've been able to tell, the only really active D/V community is daniel_vala, although you might want to skim through sg1_debrief (they post links to fan fiction every two weeks, divided by ship) or stargate_fanfic, which is just a general community for fam fiction.
    sigpic
    Live Journal | FF.net

Comment

Thanks both of you guys! I will look all those up.
      I have some things in the works that I want to post too once I finish them and get them edited.
      sigpic Heliosphere- multi-shipper, multi-thunker

Comment

Originally posted by heliosphere View Post
        Thanks both of you guys! I will look all those up.
        I have some things in the works that I want to post too once I finish them and get them edited.
        No problem

Great. For fanfic, my slogan is 'the more the merrier.'
        sigpic
        Banner made by Stef

Save the sexy female alien, save the SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Leech10 View Post
          Which almost made me have to clean snot off of my monitor...
          Glad I could help!

I've been there 5 times so far, last time was last August. (4 of them being HS band field trips... march in the morning, then you get the rest of the day to enjoy the park)
          *ack!* I was in highschool the last time I went... and that was many many moons ago.

So I take it you are in Ohio? (I am)

Ack! That's why you save stuff in two different locations... And what's the Great American Novel?
          "In modern usage, the term is often figurative and represents a Holy Grail of writing, an ideal to strive towards, and is a source of inspiration. It is, presumably, the greatest American book ever written, or which could ever be written. Thus, "Great American Novel" is a metaphor for identity, a Platonic ideal that is not achieved in any specific texts, but whose aim writers strive to mirror in their work."

Originally posted by gioia View Post
          <snip>here you can find a few good D/V links.
          http://www.freewebs.com/kahutia/danielvalaficlinks.html

and D/V Community at LJ:
          http://community.livejournal.com/daniel_vala/

and a few links of my personal favorites:
          http://notadate.livejournal.com/10839.html
          check out her other Vala fics too. They're awesome.
          http://notadate.livejournal.com/

and Random's stories at All Daniels Fic:
          http://www.alldanielfic.com/viewuser.php?uid=110

She has a few amazing Daniel/Vala fics. Mostly pre-ship and canon UST.
          Originally posted by Risti View Post
          As far as I've been able to tell, the only really active D/V community is daniel_vala, although you might want to skim through sg1_debrief (they post links to fan fiction every two weeks, divided by ship) or stargate_fanfic, which is just a general community for fam fiction.
          Thanks guys for posting these! I know what I will be doing later.
          Slidell and I are re-watching SG1. Why don't you join us? SGBFFF-SG1-Rewatchsigpic
          You want to read Torn written by Slidell Yes... yes you do.

Comment

No problem

Great. For fanfic, my slogan is 'the more the merrier.'
            mine too!
            i can't read enough d/v ffs

the LJ D/V community is my fav community for d/v ffs

Comment

Wow..this sounds amazing
              I can't wait to see it posted.

Hello, heliosphere- I remember you from other threads. But not here. So welcome
              here you can find a few good D/V links.
              http://www.freewebs.com/kahutia/danielvalaficlinks.html

and D/V Community at LJ:
              http://community.livejournal.com/daniel_vala/

and a few links of my personal favorites:
              http://notadate.livejournal.com/10839.html
              check out her other Vala fics too. They're awesome.
              http://notadate.livejournal.com/

and Random's stories at All Daniels Fic:
              http://www.alldanielfic.com/viewuser.php?uid=110

She has a few amazing Daniel/Vala fics. Mostly pre-ship and canon UST.
              I just sat down and read all of her fics featuring Vala. Wow. Thanks for the rec, I really enjoyed that.
              sigpic
              Live Journal | FF.net

Comment

Originally posted by Risti View Post
                I just sat down and read all of her fics featuring Vala. Wow. Thanks for the rec, I really enjoyed that.
                Yeah, they're amazing. Her Belief is my all time favorite D/V fic.
                If you're a gen teamfic(eariler team) focused on Daniel fan, I stroongly recommend her other fics too. They're simply amazing.
                sigpic
                Banner made by Stef

Comment

Originally posted by MerryK View Post
                  Okay, so here's how I'd rewrite the "rant" scene (and boy, did this sound better in my head!):

Vala: Unless you really don't find me attractive.

Daniel: Do you want an honest answer to that question? No, seriously, you started this? What do you expect me to say, Vala? We work together! I mean—yes, you've proven yourself on a professional level, and for that I am very proud of you. But on a personal level? Vala, ever since you've come into my life, I've been nothing more to you than your personal toy! And even if you wanted something more, you looked to the wrong guy. I don't do the mindless sex, Vala, and you know that. I mean, for years, I thought I would never get over the death of my wife—the thought of being hurt like that again... But finally, finally, I have come to a place where I feel like I might be able to get close to someone again, to trust in someone...and you think that would be you? Vala, seriously, look at yourself! I know you've been through a lot, and I know about your defenses, but you've played the game so long that I don't even know what's really you. And even now, even now, this whole flirty sexy thing is nothing more than another piece of your own amusement! So I'm sorry if I'm not playing along, and I'm sorry your bored, but I can't take it anymore!

Vala: *has been backing off and suppressing tears through the speech*

Daniel: *sighs* Don't play me, Vala, please...

Vala: *swallows and turns away*

Daniel: *looks at her, confused* Vala?

Vala: *brokenly* Just a minute...

Daniel: *walks over slowly and puts his hand on her shoulder*

Vala: *pushes his hand off and walks a step away* It's all right, I'm leaving, Daniel.

Daniel: Wait...

Vala: *turns to face him bitterly* What, Daniel? See something now? Maybe if you hadn't been so self-absorbed in your precious little world, it wouldn't have escaped your notice! You've been playing the martyr so much, you actually believe it, don't you? That you're the only one who gets hurt, the only one who understands how to feel. Well, I'm so sorry if I upset your expectations again—next time you might try not basing them on old standards. *starts to walk off and leave*

Daniel: *puts out a hand to keep her from leaving* Wait, Vala... *he looks at her face closely, and she turns her face aside to wipe a stray tear* I... *he trails off, face softening, and leans in for a gentle kiss*

Vala: *doesn't draw away or jump him, just gives in a little*

Daniel: *pulls away and looks into Vala's eyes again* You weren't messing with me?

Vala: *looks hurt and starts to turn away*

Daniel: *softly, breathlessly* Oh god, I'm so sorry... *wraps her in his arms for a much longer, more tender kiss*

Vala: *gives in, melting into him as the kiss deepens*

*Camera fades to black*
                  Scene woulda much better like that that kiss just wasnt enough....

Comment

Originally posted by RinggoldGate
                    Ordering the Videos on FruitcakesAnonymous.

1. Watch all Five.
                    2. Give them a score from 1 to 10.

Arms Of An Angel 5
                    Saving Me 6
                    Chasing Cars 8
                    Missing 10
                    Much Better Off7

I know my ratings are not for editing talent etc....... When I pick my favorites there are some things that are important to "me". hehe... 1st the song.. If I like the song you get bonus points. If I hate it you start at the bottom. Next. Can I not stop watching it. If I forget I am even watching a video that is a low scorer. If I want to save it to my computer to watch over and over it is a 9 or 10.....

Now that I have dont that I can go back and check out the post. I think I see fics. *WooHoo!!!!*

Edit: I will wake up and read all the fics with my breakfast. I am actually tired at a good time of the night. Look Mag, I am going to bed before Midnight. You proud of me???? See everyone tomorrow. Goodnight Fruitcakes. * Climbing into a snuggly bed*
                    Hi, Sue Sleep, oh gentle sleep, nature's sweet night nurse ..... Shakespeare, may have misquoted. I know when my sleep pattern goes to pot, I'm one wired bunny.

What's this vid thing about? I like Chasing Cars, oh and Missing, love that. They can have a ten.
                    Arms of an Angel, find the song a put off. Have to check the other two out, haven't listened to them for a bit.

Mag
                    Last edited by Magnecite; 11 July 2008, 08:53 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by madaline_7 View Post
                      *ack!* I was in highschool the last time I went... and that was many many moons ago.

So I take it you are in Ohio? (I am)
                      Indeed. About an hour north of Dayton. (for now... in a little over a month I will be in Dayton.)

Originally posted by madaline_7 View Post
                      "In modern usage, the term is often figurative and represents a Holy Grail of writing, an ideal to strive towards, and is a source of inspiration. It is, presumably, the greatest American book ever written, or which could ever be written. Thus, "Great American Novel" is a metaphor for identity, a Platonic ideal that is not achieved in any specific texts, but whose aim writers strive to mirror in their work."
                      Oh.

Now, I have to go deal with the plot bunny that attacked me while I was weedeating at the golf course...
                      sigpic

My Fanfic

Comment

Edit: Big Wave to Michael.
                        Ama!
                        (Ama's Zukish for hello.)

Helio, you will find out that the Oven is wonderful for information. You come in and ask and you receive. . Hang around with us some more. You'll learn plenty. *giggles*

Susan.
                        Speaking of that... What do you do with a fic after you've written it? (As in proofreading, uploading, anything else I don't know about...)

And it is D/V related.
                        sigpic

My Fanfic

Comment

Ama!
                          (Ama's Zukish for hello.)

Speaking of that... What do you do with a fic after you've written it? (As in proofreading, uploading, anything else I don't know about...)

And it is D/V related.
                          Ahh, new fic you could send it to a beta reader first but if you're sure it's ready to post, you'll always post it to FF.Net or LJ.
                          sigpic
                          Banner made by Stef

Comment

First Round of Scores:

Missing 9.8
                            Chasing Cars 7.6
                            Much Better Off 7.4
                            Saving Me 7.2
                            Arms Of An Angel 5.8

Ordering the Videos on FruitcakesAnonymous Second Group.

1. Watch all Five.
                            2. Give them a score from 1 to 10.

The Scientist
                            Everything Changes
                            Boston
                            Chasing Cars
                            Fix You
                            The Scientist: 6
                            Everything Changes: 7
                            Boston: 8 ... -? (for theft)
                            Chasing Cars: 9
                            Fix You: 6

Edit: Oh, for crying out loud... The question mark is supposed to be an infinity symbol. (negative variety)
                            Last edited by Leech10; 11 July 2008, 04:05 PM.
                            sigpic

My Fanfic

Comment

Michael. You have a D/V fic for us? You are a wonderful, wonderful guy. I want a guy written fic to read.

OK, I have no idea how to tell you how to do any of those except that you can find a Beta(proofreader) here in the Oven. Find someone that you enjoy and work well with. You will have tons of volunteers. Then you need to get one of the writers here to tell you how and where to post. Please post at FF.net. I can enlarge the print there.
                              Could you beta it? (Assuming you don't have fic overload, if that is even possible) Also, would I just send it in a PM? (its a bit over 1000 words)

Edit: I still have fics to read. I'm off to read Risti's Daniel/Tomin fic....Left Unsaid That looks and sounds a little shippy how I wrote it. *giggles*

Ahh, new fic you could send it to a beta reader first but if you're sure it's ready to post, you'll always post it to FF.Net or LJ.
                              And that second part is the part I don't know how to do...
                              Last edited by Leech10; 11 July 2008, 12:55 PM.
                              sigpic

My Fanfic

Comment

The Scientist: 6
                                Everything Changes: 7
                                Boston: 8
                                Chasing Cars: 9
                                Fix You: 6

I can't keep them in my head, so I've pinched Leech's list:

I wanted to say London calling but I don't live there.

Scientist 5
                                Everything Changes 6
                                Boston 5
                                Chasing Cars 10
                                Fix You 6

Mostly depends on how much I like the song.

Mag

Comment

Working...
                                X