No announcement yet.

Daniel Jackson/Vala Mal Doran Ship/Discussion/Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stef, those kind of thefts must be really tiresome. I agree with you, sometimes people can snatch smallest part of the clips (I mean I use all the time a few good lines that stuck in my head from there and here or another version of it when I write) but an entire thing isn't really good. If you're gonna rip things off, at least say that it's rip off of this artist

Another thing, what's that D/V site?? I don't remember it hearing before.

Edit: Btw, your new sig is awesomeness.
    sigpic
    Banner made by Stef

Save the sexy female alien, save the SG-1

Comment

Stef D/V site sounds really fun! Finished some F&B quotes let me know when you want it

Banner by Stef
      Fruitcakes Anonymous C2

Comment

Originally posted by Stef View Post
        Well, I suppose that's something

Okay, so I'm SUPER excited right now. I've just completed the 10x01 screen cap section for the D/V website. Woo-hoo! Granted, Milena and I might be running into problems with the free hosting place we have....but we'll just have to cross that bridge when we get to it

-Stef
        You mean burn those bridges? Burn them and run like the wind!

Originally posted by gioia View Post
        Stef, those kind of thefts must be really tiresome. I agree with you, sometimes people can snatch smallest part of the clips (I mean I use all the time a few good lines that stuck in my head from there and here or another version of it when I write) but an entire thing isn't really good. If you're gonna rip things off, at least say that it's rip off of this artist

Another thing, what's that D/V site?? I don't remember it hearing before.

Edit: Btw, your new sig is awesomeness.
        Yeah, it's gonna be this massive Central Daniel/Vala Ship site full of art, caps, vids, fics, quotes, bios, etc...if we can just get past these minuscule hurdles Half of the vid site is already up on YouTube, the other half will be on the actual site and for downloading.

Originally posted by CrazyLikeaFox View Post
        Stef D/V site sounds really fun! Finished some F&B quotes let me know when you want it
        Shazam! Yeah we want! Sendy sendy!
        ||My Fanfiction: FF.net & My LJ || Vala Multi-Shipping LJ Comm||

Banner made by Stef!

Comment

Oh lol, I totally forgot...I updated Our Lives As Happenstance

For anyone following the story, here are the links (BUT BEWARE THE SPOILERS FOR CONTINUUM!!):

Chapter 2 (@ FF.net)
          Chapter 2 (@ LJ)

Thanks again for the great beta'ing Susan and Gioia!!

Banner made by Stef!

Comment

Okay, so I was watching all of these bad boys and I noticed something a might bit disturbing....namely that "Boston" ripped off my vid "What About Now" in almost its entirety. Now I don't just mean they "borrowed" a few clips...I mean they stole entire edited sequence from my video. The only thing they did was mix them up a little so that certain sequence came after others - but they were still edited exactly the same as ones from my video with the same watermarks and everything.

BOSTON

WHAT ABOUT NOW

Now normally I wouldn't bring this up but I'm ticked. I've seen people do this with WAN at least three times so far. Sometimes I'll let it slide, if the person only uses a snippet...but a whole video? This is almost as worse as the person who did their own vid to "Missing" using MY clips from MY "Missing." Ugh! Rip a clip? Fine. Rip my editing? Not so cool

On another topic...clearly everyone's tastes and mine don't coincide cause Everything Changes I consider to be one of my best edited videos

-Stef
            And you know what? The prolly don't care.

Sorry.... That sucks!

Aw, thanks guys It's just that I'm pretty tolerant about these kinds of things. I've seen people use clips I know are mine (someone even used a clip from "Everything Changes" which has a very distinct filter on it), and I honestly don't have a huge problem with it because it's just a small cheat. But vids don't have the luxury of creating new clips...we all use the same ones. The only thing that differentiates one vid from the next is the editing - and when you take that away, you've just stolen everything that makes a video unique

Tell me how it is. I'm not watching it...cause my love for SGA has diminished to ambivalence. But if it's really good, I'll probably catch it somehow

-Stef
            And you are a heck of a lot better than what I would be feeling.

I enjoied S&R.... *shrug*

Originally posted by Leech10 View Post

I have been known to make a few typos...
            And that is why you need a beta! we all do!
            Slidell and I are re-watching SG1. Why don't you join us? SGBFFF-SG1-Rewatchsigpic
            You want to read Torn written by Slidell Yes... yes you do.

Comment

Ripping off editing is not cool Stef!

Banner by Stef
              Fruitcakes Anonymous C2

Comment

Originally posted by Milena_D View Post
                Yeah, it's gonna be this massive Central Daniel/Vala Ship site full of art, caps, vids, fics, quotes, bios, etc...if we can just get past these minuscule hurdles Half of the vid site is already up on YouTube, the other half will be on the actual site and for downloading.
                About time. that's great. It was time for us to have a place dedicated only to us
                Let me know you need anything. I don't know anything about coding or other stuff but I'll try to do my best if you need something else.
                sigpic
                Banner made by Stef

Save the sexy female alien, save the SG-1

Comment

Sweet! That sounds awesome!

~Friendshipping (among others) the two most awesome women of Stargate.
                  ~My Stargate fanfic can be found on my Livejournal

Comment

For crying out loud... page 2?

Sounds neat!

Also, the replicator is on the move. I repeat, the replicator is on the move.

*Whacks google spellchecker again for thinking that Vala is still spelled wrong.*
                    sigpic

My Fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by gioia View Post
                      About time. that's great. It was time for us to have a place dedicated only to us
                      Let me know you need anything. I don't know anything about coding or other stuff but I'll try to do my best if you need something else.
                      Thanks Gioia! The main site is going well but the fanfic site is being problematic Once that's up and running we might be looking for slaves volunteers

Originally posted by MerryK View Post
                      Sweet! That sounds awesome!
                      It totally will be *dream bubbles bursts* After we fix it

Banner made by Stef!

Comment

Okay we seem to have lots a bit of momentum so let me pose the question that hasn't left my mind since the last time we talked about it and especially not since Continuum

Approximately how old do you think
                        Vala is chronologically and physically?

I think the last time we debated this, my mental image of her age had settled on her being taken as a late teenager or early adult, she'd been a host for about a decade, then she was freed for a decade (like she said in PU). That would bring her to looking like she was 30 (because you don't physically age while you're a host) but actually being 40.

Now that I've seen Continuum, I have a different idea: (not really plot spoilers, just using one line of script from the movie)
                        Spoiler:
                        Okay, here's my new reasoning starting from Ba'al in Insiders. His insistence on calling Vala "Qetesh" told me that he associated HER with the former goddess, not that he knew her in different hosts.

Also from Insiders, Vala seemed to know about the battle of Selenis which was the implied turning point in Qetesh and Ba'al's relationship. Since most memories of the host are suppressed, I think it was more likely that Vala had been host at the time instead of someone else. Her own memories would be more likely to stick around than someone else's.

Then in Continuum, Qetesh said that Ba'al hadn't let her leave her side for FIFTY YEARS. Now, given what little we know of Ba'al and his fixation on Vala, I just don't think that he went back into the far past, got Qetesh in a different host, found wherever human Vala lived in the galaxy, kidnapped her and convinced Qetesh to switch hosts...it just doesn't seem likely to me. Especially if the turning point in their relationship really was Selenis. Because Ba'al knew how Qetesh defeated him the first time around so he was prepared to kick her butt and make her his queen, no?

Given that, then Vala would have been a host around 40 years at least (40, not 50 because we're ten years past the point where Vala was freed in the first timeline). Now this poses a problem in regards to Jacek but come on, let's face it, the man is a complete egotist and he had a bad dye job indicating that he was trying to keep a young appearance. For that reason, I wouldn't put it past him to have found some technology along the way in his "dealings" that would keep him looking younger.

So, assuming Vala was still a late teenager/early adult, I'd say she was chronologically 70 but physically 30. Who wants to back up my very shaky speculation?

Banner made by Stef!

Comment

Okay we seem to have lots a bit of momentum so let me pose the question that hasn't left my mind since the last time we talked about it and especially not since Continuum

I think the last time we debated this, my mental image of her age had settled on her being taken as a late teenager or early adult, she'd been a host for about a decade, then she was freed for a decade (like she said in PU). That would bring her to looking like she was 30 (because you don't physically age while you're a host) but actually being 40.

Now that I've seen Continuum, I have a different idea: (not really plot spoilers, just using one line of script from the movie)
                          Spoiler:
                          Okay, here's my new reasoning starting from Ba'al in Insiders. His insistence on calling Vala "Qetesh" told me that he associated HER with the former goddess, not that he knew her in different hosts.

Also from Insiders, Vala seemed to know about the battle of Selenis which was the implied turning point in Qetesh and Ba'al's relationship. Since most memories of the host are suppressed, I think it was more likely that Vala had been host at the time instead of someone else. Her own memories would be more likely to stick around than someone else's.

Then in Continuum, Qetesh said that Ba'al hadn't let her leave her side for FIFTY YEARS. Now, given what little we know of Ba'al and his fixation on Vala, I just don't think that he went back into the far past, got Qetesh in a different host, found wherever human Vala lived in the galaxy, kidnapped her and convinced Qetesh to switch hosts...it just doesn't seem likely to me. Especially if the turning point in their relationship really was Selenis. Because Ba'al knew how Qetesh defeated him the first time around so he was prepared to kick her butt and make her his queen, no?

Given that, then Vala would have been a host around 40 years at least (40, not 50 because we're ten years past the point where Vala was freed in the first timeline). Now this poses a problem in regards to Jacek but come on, let's face it, the man is a complete egotist and he had a bad dye job indicating that he was trying to keep a young appearance. For that reason, I wouldn't put it past him to have found some technology along the way in his "dealings" that would keep him looking younger.

So, assuming Vala was still a late teenager/early adult, I'd say she was chronologically 70 but physically 30. Who wants to back up my very shaky speculation?
                          I'm impressed, Milena that you're trying to make sense of an alternative timeline plot. Explain Moebius to be first . Baby steps.

Mag

What I don't understand and someone else who has been paying more attention can explain, is when Apophis, was it, was dying, i.e. the symbiote, why did the host get older. And why doesn't that happen when the symbiote is removed? I may have missed an important piece of information. It is possible I snoozed through the explanation.

Comment

Originally posted by Magnecite View Post
                            I'm impressed, Milena that you're trying to make sense of an alternative timeline plot. Explain Moebius to be first . Baby steps.

Mag

What I don't understand and someone else who has been paying more attention can explain, is when Apophis, was it, was dying, i.e. the symbiote, why did the host get older. And why doesn't that happen when the symbiote is removed? I may have missed an important piece of information. It is possible I snoozed through the explanation.
                            LoL, no, no, Moebius is beyond my understanding capabilities. How a small change in the timeline can turn a confident, go-getter, kick-ass woman into rigid, bumbling loser doesn't make sense to me

As for Apophis...I totally can't remember why he was dying in the first place I'd have to watch the episode or find the transcript to remember

Banner made by Stef!

Comment

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
                              I disagree. I think Ba'al was fascinated enough with Vala (who is very strikingly unique and not like other Goa'uld hosts we've seen) that he would have kept Quetesh with him until Vala was old enough to be a host, then offered her to Quetesh.

That's the alternate timeline, though. From Vala's behavior, I just can't see her being a host for very long. I think she was taken very young, late teens or early twenties, and was host for no more than twenty years. After being released, she would have lost a good portion of the youth that a sarcophagus maintained (see Apophis in Serpent's Song), and so appearing as she does now—late thirties, maybe older. Chronologically, I think she's about 45—50 at the most; physically, I think she's late thirties or early forties.

As for why I don't think she could be that old...no matter how much repression and strength of will she could have maintained, her childhood memories would eventually fade. Since they are still vivid in her mind, and apparently pretty correct from the confirmations we've received, I don't think she could be older than that. Also, I could see Jacek fathering her at 25 and being about 70 now (and trying to hide it), but not any older.

~Friendshipping (among others) the two most awesome women of Stargate.
                              ~My Stargate fanfic can be found on my Livejournal

Comment

LoL, no, no, Moebius is beyond my understanding capabilities. How a small change in the timeline can turn a confident, go-getter, kick-ass woman into rigid, bumbling loser doesn't make sense to me

As for Apophis...I totally can't remember why he was dying in the first place I'd have to watch the episode or find the transcript to remember
                                She may have been a loser but she got her man. And Rodney was chasing her about too. I can't remember all the details about Apophis either, he came through the gate after being trounced by one of the other system lords, I think and ended up looking like a Prior. The symbiote died first, the host got old and Daniel did the rite of passage thing.

Yes, the timeline shift made both Sam and Daniel wear dark rimmed glasses and walk like ducks. It was odd.

Mag
                                Last edited by Magnecite; 12 July 2008, 03:06 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X