Daniel Jackson/Vala Mal Doran Ship/Discussion/Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*rubs bleary eyes*

Taking a five minute break starting.....now!

Originally posted by Toomi View Post
    Ok... hurt me now... I mostly skimmed a few pages as there's so much to catch up on... but can someone explain this shell game thingy that everyone seems excited about?

Don't hurt too much, I'm motivated to write... lol. finally. Don't scare the muse.
    Hey Toomi!! Nice to have you back! How are you?
    ||My Fanfiction: FF.net & My LJ || Vala Multi-Shipping LJ Comm||

Banner made by Stef!

Comment

Originally posted by Stef View Post
      Aw, well at least you're getting better. That's the good thing

Ooh, new fic. Anything of interest for the thread? You'll probably want to ask other people about the goings on in here...I've been a little in and out for various reasons so I might have missed some new faces that popped up

-Stef
      It's Familiar Faces, Familiar Places... the D/v fic I started ages ago but couldn't get in the right frame of mind to write.

Originally posted by Milena_D View Post
      *rubs bleary eyes*

Taking a five minute break starting.....now!

Hey Toomi!! Nice to have you back! How are you?
      I'm much better thank you

OT
      Spoiler:
      Right after I got back from Vancouver me and my boyfriend split which knocked me around the block pretty good. Then my Grandmother died and my poor father had to go to England where the rest of my family lives to deal with closing the estate etc. He's had to deal with feelings of guilt thinking that if he had stayed in England he could've been there, helped her more, been there for her at the end. It's been rough on me and my sis as we couldn't afford the flight or the time off work needed but things are settling down now. On a brighter note, I got promoted

lol. Don't think I mentionned it, but when I was at the Con we got to do the set tours. I was ridiculously happy to see the balcony in Atlantis, so happy I forgot to pull out my camera and take a freakin picture.

ETA: is that the time!!! Gotta be up early. Talk to y'all tomorrow
      sigpic

Comment

[COLOR="Blue"]

OT
        Spoiler:
        Right after I got back from Vancouver me and my boyfriend split which knocked me around the block pretty good. Then my Grandmother died and my poor father had to go to England where the rest of my family lives to deal with closing the estate etc. He's had to deal with feelings of guilt thinking that if he had stayed in England he could've been there, helped her more, been there for her at the end. It's been rough on me and my sis as we couldn't afford the flight or the time off work needed but things are settling down now. On a brighter note, I got promoted

lol. Don't think I mentionned it, but when I was at the Con we got to do the set tours. I was ridiculously happy to see the balcony in Atlantis, so happy I forgot to pull out my camera and take a freakin picture.

I'm so sorry to hear about all that Toomi But I like how you're seeing the positive, ya promotion!! Congratulations!

And dude you know we need to see that balcony right? You're gonna scan it for us, won't you?

G'night!!

Banner made by Stef!

Comment

Thanks
          Well, "Shell Game" is basically an "audio drama" (kinda like a book on tape) that Claudia Black and Michael Shanks are voicing. It's a Vala-centric story featuring Daniel - supposedly taking place sometime after "The Pegasus Project." Really we're just all excited because it's pseudo episode that focuses entirely on Vala (and Daniel). I haven't heard it yet, but here's a little sneak preview of it online: SHELL GAME (this is also where you can order a copy). It's the closest we seem to be able to get for officially sanctioned shippiness Does that help?
          Officially sanctioned shippiness? What you mean they think there's enough mileage in the pair to sell the audiobook or have you special knowledge. Is LinRed the only one who has cast ears on it or have we other fish to grill? Clarification, I didn't call anyone a fish and I'm not planning on grilling anyone. Well, not actually grilling. A shiny light and an interrogation is possible but some people like that.

Mag

Comment

Originally posted by Magnecite View Post
            Officially sanctioned shippiness? What you mean they think there's enough mileage in the pair to sell the audiobook or have you special knowledge. Is LinRed the only one who has cast ears on it or have we other fish to grill? Clarification, I didn't call anyone a fish and I'm not planning on grilling anyone. Well, not actually grilling. A shiny light and an interrogation is possible but some people like that.
            No, I was just saying I was happy to see something that could possibly be considered "canon" in their relationship cause these dramas have been approved by MGM, right? So it's more substantial than say a fanfic.

I think LIR and a couple of non-shippers have listened to the audio-book so far. They've all expressed that they like it...so that's something.

-Stef

PHOTOBUCKET // WEBSITE // LIVEJOURNAL---------------------------------------------------------

Comment

No, I was just saying I was happy to see something that could possibly be considered "canon" in their relationship cause these dramas have been approved by MGM, right? So it's more substantial than say a fanfic.

I think LIR and a couple of non-shippers have listened to the audio-book so far. They've all expressed that they like it...so that's something.

-Stef
              What's needed is someone who has loose lips and is a spoiler hound to listen to it. Those noble of spirit are not particulary useful for this purpose, although, no doubt, to be admired. I think there is a confusion between publicity and the desire to cheat the author, MGM or indeed DV of their royalties. A good review, I feel, wets the appetite and encourages one to spend rather than not. Reports appear favourable so far.

Mag

Comment

What's needed is someone who has loose lips and is a spoiler hound to listen to it. Those noble of spirit are not particulary useful for this purpose, although, no doubt, to be admired. I think there is a confusion between publicity and the desire to cheat the author, MGM or indeed DV of their royalties. A good review, I feel, wets the appetite and encourages one to spend rather than not. Reports appear favourable so far.
                I agree. I mean, I've read just about every spoiler out there for Continuum and seen all of the pictures and I still can't wait for the movie (even if I'm anxious about it at the same time). Actually, each new tidbit intrigues me more.

Either way, I hope at some point we hear something. I won't harass any more people now Just know that if you've bought the disc and want to discuss, I'm more than willing to listen *wink, wink* *nudge, nudge*

And now I will sit here and debate what vid to work on...

-Stef

PHOTOBUCKET // WEBSITE // LIVEJOURNAL---------------------------------------------------------

Comment

I agree. I mean, I've read just about every spoiler out there for Continuum and seen all of the pictures and I still can't wait for the movie (even if I'm anxious about it at the same time). Actually, each new tidbit intrigues me more.

Either way, I hope at some point we hear something. I won't harass any more people now Just know that if you've bought the disc and want to discuss, I'm more than willing to listen *wink, wink* *nudge, nudge*

-Stef
                  Are you suggesting I'm not noble of spirit, Stef. I'd buy it in a second if I wasn't frightened of ordering anything on the internet with my credit card. LinRed intimated it was got early through some pre-order or something. It sounded complicated.

I'm in fanfic doldrums and would like something to cheer me up. Sue you're up too. Isn't it the middle of the night for you two. I have had approx. three hundred hits in what would it be twelve hours for my latest chapter of Chosen of Sherval and only got three reviews and a favourite story as feedback.

The final chapter is the only one I haven't written. The penultimate chapter which is left ends on a dire note. I could leave it there, I suppose. I've never written a sad ending, well it would be a cliffhanger. The cliff would hang rather indefinitely. Next venture is a potboiler in the deep south, you're territory, Sue.

Oh well, enough of me and my woes. Wanders off sniffing.

Mag

Comment

I think it's going well...80 pages left...5 hours...it's doable...where's that cake?

Originally posted by RinggoldGate
                    Milena, I know we have been loving all the Avalon pics people have been posting. Was just at the CB thread and lookie what I found. Pretties of Avalon.

Pretties!!!!
                    Definite pretties! Though I'm suddenly in the mood for BBQ caps

-Stef

Duude, *points at self* SPOILER-WH*RE! I need the good stuff! I need my fix!

*cough*LaoS*cough*

Banner made by Stef!

Comment

Originally posted by RinggoldGate
                      Mag, we both need cheering up. Life can be so hard and full of conflict. Things happen when things are low. I am so worried about my Dad and now Mom is sick at home while Dad is still in the hospital. I wonder if he will be the same Dad I had before he had his strokes. I can't sleep tonight. I was listening to Mad World, a sad song but I'm not going to do that anymore. We need something cheery for both of us and anyone else that needs some cheer.

I love this song. I'll go look for some more too. Hey this one is by Assilem too.

Everything
                      Aw, Sue, I'm sad that you're having such a tough time. I'm sure everyone here is hoping for the best for you. Stef's got a good handle on vids, she might find something cheerful for you. I get most of my favourites from you.
                      I withdraw my fanfic lament, it doesn't compare when something painful happens in real life, does it?

Bunch of hugs and smileys.

Mag.

Comment

Are you suggesting I'm not noble of spirit, Stef. I'd buy it in a second if I wasn't frightened of ordering anything on the internet with my credit card. LinRed intimated it was got early through some pre-order or something. It sounded complicated.
                        Nooooo *shakes head* I never said that True, the internet is a scary place. Personally, I'm still waiting for my paycheck to come in. I'm gonna see about it Tuesday.

Originally posted by Milena_D View Post
                        *cough*LaoS*cough*
                        *pats on the head* Oh you! Crazy thing!

-Stef

Comment

It's Familiar Faces, Familiar Places... the D/v fic I started ages ago but couldn't get in the right frame of mind to write.

OT
                          Spoiler:

Damn Toomi you've had a rought time of it Hope its all going well for you now. You saw the balcony???? That is so cool

-Stef
                          I'm in the same boat thought I won't spoil myself at all.....and then go and look at every spoiler I can get my hands on. I have no shame.
                          Vid Stef? Awesome!

Hey there are people online! exciting.

Banner by Stef
                          Fruitcakes Anonymous C2

Comment

Originally posted by CrazyLikeaFox View Post
                            Hey there are people online! exciting.
                            I know, ain't it just? I only wish my basement hadn't turned into a sauna all of a sudden

-Stef

Comment

I love the night crew, cause its day for me Selfish I know A sauna Stef? That sounds kinda appealing atm we're heading for the coldest Winter in ten years down here.

Banner by Stef
                              Fruitcakes Anonymous C2

Comment

Nooooo *shakes head* I never said that True, the internet is a scary place. Personally, I'm still waiting for my paycheck to come in. I'm gonna see about it Tuesday.
                                *pats on the head* Oh you! Crazy thing!

-Stef
                                Does that mean you're going to buy Shell Game on Tuesday? It sounds like you still might have to wait for it or can you download it as soon as you've paid.

Hope your cough gets better Milena

We can't all be downpin at the same time.

Mag Group hug anyone?

Comment

Working...
                                X