Daniel Jackson/Vala Mal Doran Ship/Discussion/Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Milena_D View Post
    Straight from her PB, I present to you "Jamie Bamber and the Slipping Towel of BSG":

Enjoy

EDIT: Fruitcakes!!! SAVE THIS!!!
    Not that I'm not grateful...but why were we trying to get this posted? I mean...*trails off as eyes wander back to naked Apollo*

-Stef

PHOTOBUCKET // WEBSITE // LIVEJOURNAL---------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by Stef View Post
      If you're ever inclined to watch it...I believe the episode is "Chimera"
      The ep of the bulging muscles

Personally, I don't think she believed Daniel would sleep with her in TTTB. I mean, the whole bed scene came right after she'd ticked him off yet again and he walked out on her. What would make her think that he would be in any mood for a little "night cap" so to speak? Plus, remember that she does eventually concede that there is nothing else to do around the base...and she's forced to be attached at the hip to Daniel. I think she's attracted to him...and I think if he really went for it she might have had sex with him...but I don't think she hopped in his bed with the idea that it would ever make it that far.

As for "Unending," I think Vala was being teasing with the handcuffs (cause, honestly, does anyone really think Daniel would be into pink, furry handcuffs?) but was serious when they were in his room and she went for the pants.

-Stef
      LoL, "night cap" I love it!

I think you're right, I don't see Vala honestly planning on Daniel accepting her "offer" and having a romp, as it were I think she was crawling out of her skin, as we saw in the scene with Teal'c, and she went for the highest surefire distraction "getting under Daniel's skin" And by his reaction, I would assume that that wasn't her first time going to him for stimulation...and No, not stimulation in THAT sense *rolleyes* but stimulation in the sense of sensory deprivation to a certain degree on a huge ship where nothing happens.

Originally posted by CrazyLikeaFox View Post
      OH thank god we tracked it down Milena!
      I know right? I was started to hyperventilate there!!! But now we have it...and here I start hyperventilating again

Not that I'm not grateful...but why were we trying to get this posted? I mean...*trails off as eyes wander back to naked Apollo*

-Stef
      *tears eyes off .gif* H...uh? I don't...I...*eyes gravitate back to naked man and amused woman*
      ||My Fanfiction: FF.net & My LJ || Vala Multi-Shipping LJ Comm||

Banner made by Stef!

Comment

Okay, the hour grew later and now it grows earlier...and I need to go sleepy-sleepy before I start waxing poetic...mainly because I have no poet to wax. Did that not come out right? G'night!
        ||My Fanfiction: FF.net & My LJ || Vala Multi-Shipping LJ Comm||

Banner made by Stef!

Comment

The ep of the bulging muscles
          Ah, yes. Well, the episode does have it's advantages...and the unnecessary T/D work-out, muscle scene is one of them

I think you're right, I don't see Vala honestly planning on Daniel accepting her "offer" and having a romp, as it were I think she was crawling out of her skin, as we saw in the scene with Teal'c, and she went for the highest surefire distraction "getting under Daniel's skin" And by his reaction, I would assume that that wasn't her first time going to him for stimulation...and No, not stimulation in THAT sense *rolleyes* but stimulation in the sense of sensory deprivation to a certain degree on a huge ship where nothing happens.
          Well, it looks like she got her stimulation-but-not-in-that-sense eventually from Daniel

*tears eyes off .gif* H...uh? I don't...I...*eyes gravitate back to naked man and amused woman*
          Wait...huh? You're not making any sen-- *eyes slowly go back to towel scene*

EDIT: Night, Milena! Hope your dreams are as dirty as your *unintentional* implications

-Stef

PHOTOBUCKET // WEBSITE // LIVEJOURNAL---------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Night Milena good to see you again.

Banner by Stef
            Fruitcakes Anonymous C2

Comment

LoL, really? I think this will be one of those mysteries that never gets resolved until someone screws up the courage to ask MS at a conference (at which point he probably wouldn’t even remember the intent anyway) but I thought that when the camera pans off of the actors when the kissing gets going is usually symbolic of doing the deed That’s just what I got from the other times I’ve seen that equation
              Generally if the wish to imply sex, the kissing couple falls out of frame. (ie Daniel and Vala in Unending.) not just pning off the couple.=)
              sigpic
              thanks Stef
              Spoiler:

Thanks Wendy

Comment

If you're ever inclined to watch it...I believe the episode is "Chimera"
                I love exactly half of that episode. (The Daniel/Sarah Gardner half.) Not only does it have bulging muscles, it has a barefoot Daniel on his bed. (One of two times we get barefooted Daniel. The other being Legacy) Also there was something cool going on with Daniel's hair and the lighting in the final Daniel scene.
                Oh look it is Chimera Daniel.

Personally, I don't think she believed Daniel would sleep with her in TTTB. I mean, the whole bed scene came right after she'd ticked him off yet again and he walked out on her. What would make her think that he would be in any mood for a little "night cap" so to speak? Plus, remember that she does eventually concede that there is nothing else to do around the base...and she's forced to be attached at the hip to Daniel. I think she's attracted to him...and I think if he really went for it she might have had sex with him...but I don't think she hopped in his bed with the idea that it would ever make it that far.

As for "Unending," I think Vala was being teasing with the handcuffs (cause, honestly, does anyone really think Daniel would be into pink, furry handcuffs?) but was serious when they were in his room and she went for the pants.

-Stef
                I think she was prepared to back up her actions in TTTB, but both she and Dsaniel would have been poorer for it. She would have had some of her assumptions reenforced (ie sex is just recreational) and it is much better that they didn't do it then.I also think she would have been disappointed in Daniel had he given in then. I think she was testing his reslove while alliviating her bordedum.

As for Unending, I agree. (Who knows about the handcuffs as it is usually the quiet ones who have the kinks.)
                sigpic
                thanks Stef
                Spoiler:

Thanks Wendy

Comment

Haven't watched season 7 in ages maybe I should

Banner by Stef
                  Fruitcakes Anonymous C2

Comment

Before I reply to all the posts, I have my own two cents (more like a dissertation ) on the whole Vala/Promiscuity issue:

I think that when we think of Vala, one of the first things we might associate with her (in terms of resourcefulness) is her sexuality. But really that’s not true is it? Her one big resource is her ability to talk her way out of anything. When she needs something or needs to get out of something, she talks big and she talks a lot; most is fibs, some is outright lies, and a lot of it is exaggeration, we all know that

And this I say from personal experience because I know people, very very sexually inactive and reserved people, who talk big just like Vala. These people talk to be entertaining, to get a reaction out of everyone and nothing is off-limits from subtle suggestions to blatant statements that make you spit your drink out going “wth???”.
                    You know, what you mentioned has some merits and you might be right but I personally like to think Vala as a libertine rather than promiscuis. I like to think her sexually active whether for fun or just to get what she wanted in the moment. I think that kind of personality suits her better for the character development. Vala is trying to be a whole better person without not wanting to loose her essene of being. I think she stopped sleeping around because she figured out that not what she wants. I personally believe she didn't sleep with what'shisname from Bounty not because her vows or remaining to loyal to Tomin, I believe she didn't beacuse it would have been something old Vala do to pass time...She stopped doing these things.

I think that makes her character a lot of more interesting and truly more fun. I enjoy blanat sexuallity. I always like sluts more anyway Who care what they call Vala?? or why Vala would care what they call her?

On the side not, deleted scene or not, aside its ewness I believe and wish that Vala slept with Princess Bride guy. It was something that old Vala would do but if she didn't, I believe the only reason for it it was because of guy's well, ewnesss.. Let's say, if he had been someone like Daniel, pyhsically speaking, handsome, I can't imagine Vala passing that chance.

You know, while I was writing, I realized something else. Unconditional sex is okay for Vala, I think. She opposited and might still the attchetments, the complications. You got it?? in her heart, Vala is a JEDI!! No really
                    sigpic
                    Banner made by Stef

Save the sexy female alien, save the SG-1

Comment

S.O.S.!!!

Fruitcakes, don't panic...

...but neither Stef nor I can find our copies of the Jamie Barber BSG Slipping Towel GIF, you know the one. If you have one, please please please post it so we can save it in every folder of our computers
                      as if millions of voices of all fan girls whole around the world cried out in terror and...

SUCCESS!!!

Thank God for Wendy and her devotion to her title of Co-Queen of the Gutter!!!

Straight from her PB, I present to you "Jamie Bamber and the Slipping Towel of BSG":

Enjoy

EDIT: Fruitcakes!!! SAVE THIS!!!
                      ...and were suddenly squeee'd
                      sigpic
                      Banner made by Stef

Comment

Vala as a jedi.....BAH HA! Nice Gioia

Banner by Stef
                        Fruitcakes Anonymous C2

Comment

Quickly before I head off, just thought I'd let everyone know that the Stargate Fan Awards has finally announced their winners. And to think, it only took like a year to get the 2007 awards finished I recapped the D/V portions here:

Spoiler:
                          FICTION:

Angst
                          The Crown Of Janus by Lady Grey

Drama
                          Lonely at the Top by Cleo the Muse

Episode-Based
                          Forever by Devra

Humor
                          Build Your Walls, I'll Tear Them Down Brick By Brick by Kellifer_fic

Preship/UST
                          A Matter of Trust by Moonshayde

Romantic
                          Honor Amongst Thieves by Cleo the Muse

FANART:

Art > Non Photo-Based > Character > Daniel
                          What? by Calcitrix

Art > Photo-Based > Banners/Headers > Character
                          Wake Me Up Inside by Stef

Icons > Still > Character > Other > Portrait
                          Daniel #1 by sazzat

Icons > Still > Character > Vala
                          Vala Mal Doran by suekay

Icons > Still > Duet > Daniel/Vala
                          #19 Love Hate by becca84

MUSIC VIDEOS:

Character > Vala
                          B*tch by Silverglow

Duet > Daniel/Vala
                          What About Now by Stef

There are also "special awards" but I think I'll let everyone look through those since I'm not sure who writes/vids/arts for what

Find the rest of the winners HERE. Congrats to all of the winners! There were some in there I remember voting for...some...yeah, not so much. There are some that I know are fan favorites in there, so that should make a bunch of you happy. Also, the site claims that nominations for 2008 will start in a few weeks...so everyone start collecting your favorite fics, vids, art, etc now! J/S had over 200 fics nominated...D/V hovered around 60 C/S had their own art categories..D/V didn't

And with that, I'll see everyone later

-Stef
                          Last edited by Stef; 07 May 2008, 03:44 AM.

Comment

Hey Kelly!!! Is your comp finally better? It’s been so long! What have you been up to since we last saw you?
                            Actually, no, it's not.... Have a new one, but.... *cough* I've had it since February *whistles*

I've popped in here a few times, but no one was ever around so I didn't post.... And I've been out of the Stargate mood for quite some time now, since I started work on my non-SG-1 fic (and it's turning out quite good, even if I do say so myself)

So, I've mostly been writing, since the last time I showed up here, and if any of you have bothered to keep up with my youtube activity, you'll know I've been in a mad music video frenzy... No, none are D/V... all my stargate footage is still on my old computer.... As is my SG-1 fic that I would really like to finish....

Aside from the fic, and the videos, I've been tossing about movie ideas, writing a script in my head, hope to start filming either next month, or maybe in July... all depends on if my cousins show up or not. If not, I don't have enough people.... Hell, WITH my cousins, I don't have enough people.... And ain't got a single guy in the lot.... Well, except for a pair of identical twins in england, but there's not much they can do for me, except for what we've already agreed on....

annnnnyway, off to watch at least some of King Kong....

Comment

Originally posted by MaeveBran View Post

I think she was prepared to back up her actions in TTTB, but both she and Dsaniel would have been poorer for it. She would have had some of her assumptions reenforced (ie sex is just recreational) and it is much better that they didn't do it then.I also think she would have been disappointed in Daniel had he given in then. I think she was testing his reslove while alliviating her bordedum.

As for Unending, I agree. (Who knows about the handcuffs as it is usually the quiet ones who have the kinks.)
                              Agree entirely with this assessment and most of Gioia's except for the Princess Bride man and Jedi, not so much. I think after the Qutesh years, Vala might use her sexuality and exercise her appetite but if she didn't fancy the bloke, she'd go for a con. I think she's been there, done that, under various influences, that's her character. I think her new path is what we should be interested in and the ranks of those disappointed in their ships and unable to perceive all the fun and clownish pathos the character embodies, will remain 'promiscuous' and 'slutting' because they don't want to see anything else.

Last word, unless you make me. Good, lively topic. Nice to see the thread still has some life.

Mag
                              Last edited by Magnecite; 07 May 2008, 09:03 AM.

Comment

Mag, lol, Jedi thing was supposed to be a joke. I was just kidding. You know, I have a weirder sense of humor than even you

now, I gonna go and fill that questinarie thing for Vala/Sam.
                                sigpic
                                Banner made by Stef

Comment

Working...
                                X