No announcement yet.

Daniel Jackson/Vala Mal Doran Ship/Discussion/Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah I tried to post last night and wouldn't let me. Guess its going a little wonko

Banner by Stef
    Fruitcakes Anonymous C2

Comment

Originally posted by fluffypigeon;
      *smile* thanks so much [B
      Mag[/B]. All is well. My power is back. I am warm. And the Oven is up and working again. I couldn't be happier.
      Now...update me on how the banner's going... I don't see it yet. Have you had some troubles? Feel free to PM me. We can figure it out

Glad you're heatings back on, can't think of anything worse. GW's been down when I'm able to be on the thread and......

Because the site was down I've been writing the next chapter of Looking for Love in all the wrong places. I should finish that tonight or Saturday, then I shall tackle the instructions. I did look at them and think - golly or some such other word which might not be suitable here. So, expect to hear from me shortly.

Thanks Kris.

Mag.

Comment

Looks like its just you and me Mag
        I meant to say yesterday Kris that Sache8 is an author on FF.Net and has a D/V one shot that is pretty good if you want to check it out.

Banner by Stef
        Fruitcakes Anonymous C2

Comment

Originally posted by Magnecite View Post
          Because the site was down I've been writing the next chapter of Looking for Love in all the wrong places. Mag.
          Yay!! Goodies are coming!!!!
          How nice!!
          sigpic
          Banner made by Stef

Save the sexy female alien, save the SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by RinggoldGate
            Pins and Needles

The transitions into the Chorus. One of the coolest ones I have seen before. I love the use of the Wormhole to this instrumental lead-in. "Why does she mean everything to me", these Daniel POV clips are great. Wow they have picked such great clips to go with the lyrics.

Too many great things to point out. Great theme, great timing, great special editing work, and great song. I can't find one thing to point out as any place that could be improved. This is a absolute YES!!!!!

Can you believe it. This is another Daniel POV. Now this one does a great job of developing Vala's character and her influence on him.
            I agree with all my heart. This video is one of my fav.
            sigpic
            Banner made by Stef

Save the sexy female alien, save the SG-1

Comment

Afternoon Oven. *pokes*
              banner by Stef

Comment

Originally posted by isabelqc View Post
                Afternoon Oven. *pokes*
                Try poking fanfiction as well. I sent you a review and it dispatched it into the ether. Well done on Chapter 16. Don't make them too soppy is the short form version. My review had a well developed argument on women's rights and problems in many countries in the 21C but you'll be thankful you missed that. (that was reflective on Sam's experience on the Naquadah planet.)

Mag.

Comment

Try poking fanfiction as well. I sent you a review and it dispatched it into the ether. Well done on Chapter 16. Don't make them too soppy is the short form version. My review had a well developed argument on women's rights and problems in many countries in the 21C but you'll be thankful you missed that. (that was reflective on Sam's experience on the Naquadah planet.)

Mag.
                  Really? I didn't get it at all. Must have been what you meant by lost into the ether. Was it on ff.net?

Don't worry, I don't think I made them too soppy, well, at least I hope so. And I am now intrigued about the woman rights argument. Sam on the planet was actually a last minute add on to show how despite the fact this is a "more advance verse" not all planets and people work in the ways and/or have the same systems. I hope that came across okay. But if you say I'll be thankful, then okay.

Now I got to run, but I should be back later.
                  banner by Stef

Comment

Afternoon, Fruitcakes

Comment

Really? I didn't get it at all. Must have been what you meant by lost into the ether. Was it on ff.net?

Don't worry, I don't think I made them too soppy, well, at least I hope so. And I am now intrigued about the woman rights argument. Sam on the planet was actually a last minute add on to show how despite the fact this is a "more advance verse" not all planets and people work in the ways and/or have the same systems. I hope that came across okay. But if you say I'll be thankful, then okay.

Now I got to run, but I should be back later.
                      No, you didn't Isa, (soppiness factor) not so far, that was the shorthand version. Sorry, if I gave that impression. My view of RST is that it becomes pipe-and-slippers-land, loses, what is essentially the dynamic. I've talked at length to Literary Literary about this and we've had some good discussions about keeping character strength and focus. Now, you have got them in a postion of closeness of some sort, wont spoil it for others, the relationship after that has to be a consideration. I'm sure you'll handle the whole thing well, just my personal peeve. I see, B'lana and Tom Paris and think - oh pleeze!!!!

You have good instincts, I'm a constructively critical reviewer and if I had anything rotten to say, I wouldn't say it.

Hugely enjoying your story, don't suppose you'll take any notice of me but I think your Vala, is very interesting, it's what she would have been, without the pernicious influences.

Mag.

Comment

No, you didn't Isa, (soppiness factor) not so far, that was the shorthand version. Sorry, if I gave that impression. My view of RST is that it becomes pipe-and-slippers-land, loses, what is essentially the dynamic. I've talked at length to Literary Literary about this and we've had some good discussions about keeping character strength and focus. Now, you have got them in a postion of closeness of some sort, wont spoil it for others, the relationship after that has to be a consideration. I'm sure you'll handle the whole thing well, just my personal peeve. I see, B'lana and Tom Paris and think - oh pleeze!!!!

You have good instincts, I'm a constructively critical reviewer and if I had anything rotten to say, I wouldn't say it.

Hugely enjoying your story, don't suppose you'll take any notice of me but I think your Vala, is very interesting, it's what she would have been, without the pernicious influences.

Mag.
                        Oh, and what I mean about pernicious influences is the systematic abuse we're led to believe Vala has suffered. On a serious note and a Stargate perspective, the likelihood of maintaining a semi-coherent and acceptable personality state after Goa'uld, Ori abuse would say a lot about the person enduriing these experiences. The fact that Vala executes her many personas and adaptive states is quite a curious revelation for popular sci fi. Did they mean it or was it accidental. Who knows.

Mag.

Comment

Evening Cakes!

On a break from work, so won't be around for long, just thought I'd say 'hi'!
                          sigpic
                          Banner by Stef.

The Daniel/Vala Drinking Game Grab your passion fruit martinis and join in!

HELP! HELP! I'M BEING REPRESSED! Vala meets Monty Python.

Comment

Mag.
                            I understand your peeve completely. As cute as the fluff fics are, sometimes some of their actions are so out of character I just can't enjoy them as much. As for RST, I think I feel the same way you do. Me and Kales have lenghty fannish talks about how with Daniel and Vala their UST and RST action wouldn't differ as much. Of course, in some aspects they would, affection, touching, overall acknowledgement of the others feelings but they're still very much the people as before and some of their tendencies wouldn't change as much.

Thank you for the lost review and I'm glad you're enjoying the story.

Oh, and what I mean about pernicious influences is the systematic abuse we're led to believe Vala has suffered. On a serious note and a Stargate perspective, the likelihood of maintaining a semi-coherent and acceptable personality state after Goa'uld, Ori abuse would say a lot about the person enduriing these experiences. The fact that Vala executes her many personas and adaptive states is quite a curious revelation for popular sci fi. Did they mean it or was it accidental. Who knows.

Mag.
                            Oh, yes. I get this because I have argued about the same things in other threads about this. I'm so glad that "my" Vala is coming across okay to you. I really tired to make her into as you said "as she would have (should have) been".

Originally posted by Kales View Post
                            Afternoon, Fruitcakes
                            Originally posted by Kath Pup View Post
                            Evening Cakes!

On a break from work, so won't be around for long, just thought I'd say 'hi'!
                            Kales, Kath! PIC and dodgy conscience that really lends to crime.
                            banner by Stef

Comment

[QUOTE=isabelqc;7652431] I have argued about the same things in other threads about this. I'm so glad that "my" Vala is coming across okay to you. I really tired to make her into as you said "as she would have (should have) been".

TE]

You do that very well and keep an essentially recognisable Vala. Strong, feisty and true. It's quite a skill because essentially Vala skirts these virtues but she still wants to belong and have praise. It's an engaging format especially with Daniel as taksmaster. (possibly more SG1 than your story because essentially in SG1, he is her guardian.)

Comment

I understand your peeve completely. As cute as the fluff fics are, sometimes some of their actions are so out of character I just can't enjoy them as much. As for RST, I think I feel the same way you do. Me and Kales have lenghty fannish talks about how with Daniel and Vala their UST and RST action wouldn't differ as much. Of course, in some aspects they would, affection, touching, overall acknowledgement of the others feelings but they're still very much the people as before and some of their tendencies wouldn't change as much.
                                *grin* I remember those. I love those chats. And yes, I'm right there with you- Vala is Vala, Daniel is Daniel, and my personal view of the RST/UST line is ... if, to make a couple RST, the writers in either fic or the show have to change established characters into characters we barely recognise (and there isn't an event or reason that changes the characters convincingly) then they don't work for me.

Oh, yes. I get this because I have argued about the same things in other threads about this. I'm so glad that "my" Vala is coming across okay to you. I really tired to make her into as you said "as she would have (should have) been".
                                *bounces and points to Chains with love* Can't wait til I can sit down and read 16, Isa.

Kales, Kath! PIC and dodgy conscience that really lends to crime.
                                *waves* She's sneaky that way. She pretends to be the conscience, but it's only so she can enable more effectively

Comment

Working...
                                X