Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by isabelqc View Post
    Dude, McShep banner FTW!
    Done and done It's hard finding a picture of Rodney where he's not talking or making weird faces. Had to settle for a back shot and a teary-eyed looking Shep.

Originally posted by Blower'sGate View Post
    Haha! Nice! I'm going to try and catch bits of the Superbowl at 4:00AM my time, lol. And there's the House MD Superbowl episode tonight, heeehee!
    Oooh, I forgot about that!! Thanks for reminding me!

-Stef

PHOTOBUCKET // WEBSITE // LIVEJOURNAL---------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by Stef View Post
      Done and done It's hard finding a picture of Rodney where he's not talking or making weird faces. Had to settle for a back shot and a teary-eyed looking Shep.

Oooh, I forgot about that!! Thanks for reminding me!

-Stef
      *giggles* Oh Rodney. *pets* I can't wait to see.
      banner by Stef

Comment

Start again, never quote when you mean to user spoilers. Oh dear, I do try.

Spoiler:
        I was specualting re the buzz around the new Atlantis commander, there are those that say it will be Daniel. Don't know if anyone knows for sure yet, they're supposed to be announcing tomorrow. Don't know how I'd feel about it. Other candidates are Caldwell or Woolsey. Thing is, if it were Daniel, then Mitchell would have two commanders in his team which would kind of outrank him.
        Hope this comes out OK and no-one who will divebomb me saw the last one.

I'm not sure its actually a spoiler but still.

Mag.

Comment

Originally posted by Magnecite View Post

Spoiler:
          I was specualting re the buzz around the new Atlantis commander, there are those that say it will be Daniel. Don't know if anyone knows for sure yet, they're supposed to be announcing tomorrow. Don't know how I'd feel about it. Other candidates are Caldwell or Woolsey. Thing is, if it were Daniel, then Mitchell would have two commanders in his team which would kind of outrank him.

Mag.
          Wait...when did I miss this bit of info??

Spoiler:
          A new commander already? Personally, I am whole-heartedly against Daniel. Why? Because it doesn't make any sense. I mean, I love Daniel and he has experience in the field...but as much as I questioned Sam's qualifications as leader of an entire expedition...I question Daniel's even more. What exactly would recommend him other than the fact that he is an expert on the Ancients? That doesn't exactly qualify him for a leadership position. If they did that, it would just be idiotic, in my opinion...and would only further look like they were trying to supplant SG-1 on SGA.

Plus, it would ruin my fantasy where Daniel and Vala are dating

As for Cam and the team, Sam doesn't outrank him. From what I gathered from AOT, they are both full-bird Colonels, with Mitchell still being the leader of the team. And Daniel is a civilian, so I'm not sure if that would really qualify as "outranking" him unless he's his direct subordinate on the base/city...but my knowledge of the military hierarchy is limited.

-Stef
          Last edited by Stef; 03 February 2008, 09:32 AM.

PHOTOBUCKET // WEBSITE // LIVEJOURNAL---------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Good evening Cakes!
            sigpic
            Banner by Stef.

The Daniel/Vala Drinking Game Grab your passion fruit martinis and join in!

HELP! HELP! I'M BEING REPRESSED! Vala meets Monty Python.

Comment

Spoiler:
              A new commander already? Personally, I am whole-heartedly against Daniel. Why? Because it doesn't make any sense. I mean, I love Daniel and he has experience in the field...but as much as I questioned Sam's qualifications as leader of an entire expedition...I question Daniel's even more. What exactly would recommend him other than the fact that he is an expert on the Ancients? That doesn't exactly qualify him for a leadership position. If they did that, it would just be idiotic, in my opinion...and would only further look like they were trying to supplant SG-1 on SGA.

As for Cam and the team, Sam doesn't outrank him. From what I gathered from AOT, they are both full-bird Colonels, with Mitchell still being the leader of the team. And Daniel is a civilian, so I'm not sure if that would really qualify as "outranking" him unless he's his direct subordinate on the base/city.

-Stef
              Totally agree with all your sentiments and your fantasy. Look on the GW front page. Mag.

Comment

Totally agree with all your sentiments and your fantasy. Look on the GW front page. Mag.
                Just did. Also went and perused some threads. I am happy about this change.
                Spoiler:
                Now I can imagine my SG-1 team back together Also, it'll keep my from disliking Sam more than SGA has already made me.

As for the new commander...I have no idea. As long as it makes sense and isn't a commander from SG-1, I will be fine with whoever they choose. I pretty don't care about the leadership anymore. Since it isn't going to be Weir, I've resigned myself to the fact that it's not going to be someone I give a damn about. I think that they should minimize the role, make it a recurring one rather than a regular one. They could have simply solved the Weir problem by merely doing that in S4. That way they wouldn't have had to force themselves to write her into stories, just use her when they want/need her. But that's just my take.

They just need to stay away from SG-1 so my carefully planned out fantasies of the team are safe (and Landry is part of this team)

-Stef

Comment

Just did. Also went and perused some threads. I am happy about this change.
                  Spoiler:
                  Now I can imagine my SG-1 team back together Also, it'll keep my from disliking Sam more than SGA has already made me.

As for the new commander...I have no idea. As long as it makes sense and isn't a commander from SG-1, I will be fine with whoever they choose. I pretty don't care about the leadership anymore. Since it isn't going to be Weir, I've resigned myself to the fact that it's not going to be someone I give a damn about. I think that they should minimize the role, make it a recurring one rather than a regular one. They could have simply solved the Weir problem by merely doing that in S4. That way they wouldn't have had to force themselves to write her into stories, just use her when they want/need her. But that's just my take.

They just need to stay away from SG-1 so my carefully planned out fantasies of the team are safe (and Landry is part of this team)

-Stef
                  Again you won't get any arguments from me, fingers crossed. Mag.

Comment

Mag.
                    Funny ya know Mag
                    Spoiler:
                    The possibility of Daniel crossed my mind too...but that last comment JM made about Beckett, has me wondering about him too.
                    I do have to ask you tho...if Daniel moves to Atlantis...why would that put two commanders on Cam's team?...Daniel wouldn't be part of the team anymore 'cuz he'd be in Atlantis

LC
                    sigpic

http://www.moonsmusings.com/bluemoon/
                    http://www.gatefic.com/

My Fiction:

Comment

Spoiler:

As for Cam and the team, Sam doesn't outrank him. From what I gathered from AOT, they are both full-bird Colonels, with Mitchell still being the leader of the team. And Daniel is a civilian, so I'm not sure if that would really qualify as "outranking" him unless he's his direct subordinate on the base/city...but my knowledge of the military hierarchy is limited.

-Stef
                      Spoiler:
                      Now, not that I want Daniel at Atlantis without Vala or anything but I think it makes sense to have Daniel as the leader. Why if you ask? If my memory serves right, when Elizabeth had got the leaderships, she hadn't also any kind of military background and she had been chosen because of her diplomatic skills. Granted that time they had been only in an expedition, peaceful intergalatic explorers but now they are in war etc etc but Daniel with his ten and plus years experience with SG-1 can easily handle that part. Because after S7 he's canonly diplomatic-action and historic man of the team. I mean, he can shoot, he can make his points through diplomatic ways and he has most of the knowledge there is to know about Ancients and old cultures etc etc. I think his leaderships does make sense more than Sam, even more than Weir, imo. I've always think that they would have had to ask Daniel first for the leadership for Atlantis before Sam after with Weir business.

But I want him there without Vala?? Hell, NO!! But if they drag Vala along the ride, i'd be more than happy to Daniel at Atlantis. Geez, it's the dream of the poor man.

But I read at Solution that a familiar face will return as leader and the possiblity of MS guest apperance will reveal later..It might mean that we will have back Weir -something that I want with all of my heart- and maybe even an episode with Daniel. and that would be awesome, if you ask me. And we got also Vala with Daniel, now that would be awesomer!!
                      Last edited by gioia; 03 February 2008, 10:13 AM. Reason: Because I can't type. Seriously
                      sigpic
                      Banner made by Stef

Save the sexy female alien, save the SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by gioia View Post
                        Spoiler:
                        Now, not that I want Daniel at Atlantis without Vala or anything but I think it makes sense to have Daniel as the leader. Why if you ask? If my memory serves right, when Elizabeth had got the leaderships, she hadn't also the any military background and she had been chosen because of her diplomatic skills. Granted that time they had been only in an expedition, peaceful intergalatic explorers but now they are in war etc etc but Daniel with his ten and plus years experience with SG-1 can easily handle that part. Because after S7 he's canonly diplomatic-action and historic man of the team. I mean, he can shoot, he can make his points through diplomatic ways and he has most of the knowledge there is to know about Ancients and old cultures etc etc. I think his leaderships does make sense more than Sam, even more than Weir, imo. I've always think that they would have had to ask Daniel for the leadership for Atlantis before Sam after with Weir business.

But I want him there without Vala?? Hell, NO!! But if they drag Vala along the ride, i'd be more than happy to Daniel at Atlantis. Geez, it's the dream of the poor man.

But I read at Solution that a familiar face will return as leader and the possiblity of MS guess apperance will reveal later..It might mean that we will have back Weir -something that I want with all of my heart- and maybe even an episode with Daniel. and that would be awesome, if you ask me. And we got also Vala with Daniel, now that would be awesomer!!
                        You know....

Spoiler:
                        Michael Shanks was going to do that project with Christopher Judge, Rage of Angels. As much as I would love to have Daniel be the new commander, I am not sure if it will happen. Unless the writers strike is getting in the way. I believe that Rage of Angels was going to be done in the US, so the writers strike would apply.
                        sigpic
                        Sig made by me

Comment

[/SPOILERS]
                          Originally posted by LC_ View Post
                          Funny ya know Mag
                          Spoiler:
                          The possibility of Daniel crossed my mind too...but that last comment JM made about Beckett, has me wondering about him too.
                          I do have to ask you tho...if Daniel moves to Atlantis...why would that put two commanders on Cam's team?...Daniel wouldn't be part of the team anymore 'cuz he'd be in Atlantis

LC
                          I meant:

Spoiler:
                          Not military commanders as such but it would be like having Weir as part of SG1, they've had the responsibility of leadership at a higher level than Mitchell. I mean running an SG team and running a whole base is a very different level of responsibility. I like Mitchell but always thought Sam far outweighed him in experience. SG1 has tended to be more of a committee than a unit ran by a senior officer over the last couple of years, mainly because the writers were trying to ward off possible hostility to Mitchell. And I really like Cam, so please no-one jump on my head.

Mag.

Comment

Originally posted by DJgirl View Post
                            You know....

Spoiler:
                            Michael Shanks was going to do that project with Christopher Judge, Rage of Angels. As much as I would love to have Daniel be the new commander, I am not sure if it will happen. Unless the writers strike is getting in the way. I believe that Rage of Angels was going to be done in the US, so the writers strike would apply.

Spoiler:
                            Lol, it was just my wistfull wishes. I want to see him at Atlantis as well but I doubt as well as you that it's going to be happen. Writers strike!! I don't know but I doubt that they will manage to come to any kind of agreement in any near future, especially with the approaching election at USA. It's just politics with men of arts and men of suits. It kinda sucks. Of course, I'm no american and it's just what seems to me through internet and internataion news to satisfy my curiosity of the world around me. I might be totally wrong.
                            sigpic
                            Banner made by Stef

Comment

Originally posted by gioia View Post
                              Spoiler:
                              Lol, it was just my wistfull wishes. I want to see him at Atlantis as well but I doubt as well as you that it's going to be happen. Writers strike!! I don't know but I doubt that they will manage to come to any kind of agreement in any near future, especially with the approaching election at USA. It's just politics with men of arts and men of suits. It kinda sucks. Of course, I'm no american and it's just what seems to me through internet and internataion news to satisfy my curiosity of the world around me. I might be totally wrong.
                              Spoiler:
                              Oh, no, I didn't mean it in a mean way, hope it didn't come across like that. I would DIE if Michael was the new commander. It would be so fun to see him every week on tv again. I just have that whole Rage of Angels thing in the back of my mind, and wasn't sure if people in here knew about the project or not.

I don't see the writers strike ending anytime soon either. Whatever, just gives me more time to play on GW instead of watching TV...
                              sigpic
                              Sig made by me

Comment

[/SPOILERS]

I meant:

Spoiler:
                                Not military commanders as such but it would be like having Weir as part of SG1, they've had the responsibility of leadership at a higher level than Mitchell. I mean running an SG team and running a whole base is a very different level of responsibility. I like Mitchell but always thought Sam far outweighed him in experience. SG1 has tended to be more of a committee than a unit ran by a senior officer over the last couple of years, mainly because the writers were trying to ward off possible hostility to Mitchell. And I really like Cam, so please no-one jump on my head.

Mag.
                                Heh, I like Cam too but I think Sam must have been the leader of SG-1. But of course, Sam was at Area-51 at that time and Cam had come to make his own SG-1 without his knowledge, not to join into team as he believed. It was bizarre times and I don't think he would have been leader if Sam was there at the first place. So it was a good reason for not having Sam at the first six episodes. Because I have just said it was only logical to have her as leader.

Cam also has his own issues with leaderships as with a couple of episodes we dealed with them. But I have to add now how much I like Cam, I'm still not seeing him as leader. He's still missing something. But finally after S9, with the new dynamics this kind of less-leaderships worked for me well. I never suffered from this much like some people. Among the online fans, there is a really wide dislike for him because of his lack of leadership skills.
                                sigpic
                                Banner made by Stef

Comment

Working...
                                X