Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Milena_D View Post
    Heeeee!!

Okay, people, I know you'll have trouble believing this BUT!!!!

Seriously, go clicky!! I swear it's there!! Thanks to Stef who beta'd and came up with the title cuz I'm totally incompetent today

And remember, every time you don't leave a review, a plot-bunny dies I need sleep!!!

G'night beautiful Fruitcakes!!
    WAHOO. actually I already read it before you posted the link here *feels special....wait....no feels like a stalker*. Did I have your livejournal staked out waiting for chapters? noooooooooooooooooo

Will post a decent review later!
    My Fic: LJ & FF.net

Comment

Originally posted by Arwen Undomiel View Post
      Ice cream rulz! But I think I need to cut back on sweet stuff...
      Hee, yes, ice cream is made of awesome...too bad it's also made of empty calories

Comment

Originally posted by ErinB View Post
        Hmm...coffee? Soda? Ice cream?

Ooh, I could go for some ice cream...brb
        All three!!!
        banner by Stef

Comment

Originally posted by isabelqc View Post
          All three!!!
          And we have a winner, folks, for the caffeine/sugar junky!

Comment

And we have a winner, folks, for the caffeine/sugar junky!
            HEE! It's a title I take very seriously. *nods*
            banner by Stef

Comment

Originally posted by PengYn View Post
              Evening everyone

ErinB I read your fic yesterday. Very enjoyable! I'm an absolutely terrible fic reader. I just have very little reading time. I have fics bookmarked from months ago. Anyway. It was my first D/V read... so great job! I'm always in awe of fic writers.

I am busy vid clipping. About a month ago my hard drive failed and stoopid me hadn't backed up any of my stargate clips. So I've had to start over. Hopefully one day... when I'm big... I'll be able to make a SG vid again. I'm almost done with all the Daniel and Vala moments. I keep getting distracted by all the prettyness. Geez, when did I become such a shippah?
              Originally posted by Milena_D View Post
              Heeeee!!

Completely understand Glad to have you on board

Ha!!! LOL!!! Someone else ruined it for me!! Wendy?

Dude!!! I'm coming back to reply to each of these in a few hours. For now, the 24 hours without sleep is making me just smile and squee insanely over what you've written Thanks so much!

Okay, people, I know you'll have trouble believing this BUT!!!!

Seriously, go clicky!! I swear it's there!! Thanks to Stef who beta'd and came up with the title cuz I'm totally incompetent today

And remember, every time you don't leave a review, a plot-bunny dies I need sleep!!!

G'night beautiful Fruitcakes!!
              I am terrible at fic reading these days. I have a folder in my email with all of the story updates so once finals are over.... free time to enjoy reading! I really enjoy all of the talented writers on this thread.

Hee, yes, ice cream is made of awesome...too bad it's also made of empty calories
              Nope not empty calories... GOOD ice cream has plenty of vitamin D and calcium -- good for our bones.

Comment

Hmm...coffee? Soda? Ice cream?

Ooh, I could go for some ice cream...brb
                Ice cream rulz! But I think I need to cut back on sweet stuff...
                pfft no such thing as cutting back. Just got myself a chocolate mint cone because everybody was talking about ice cream.

Erin you didn't miss me. I'm just one of those dorks whose setting is permanently on invisible

And can I just say how much I am enjoying Vala and Daniel. I've been trying to watch an episode a day. I'm definitely getting more squishy inside.
                sigpic

Comment

A little OT
                  What do you think about my english? Well, it would better to check out the fic I'm translating, since I have to be more english like in a story than in a thread obviously. Of course I'm using dictionary heavily sometimes, but it's the right choosing of the words or the structure of the sentences and the whole interpretation I'm interested about. Thanks in advance!
                  'One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
                  One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them'

SGA fanfiction I'm translating to english. It's a novel!

Comment

Originally posted by Rac80 View Post
                    I am terrible at fic reading these days. I have a folder in my email with all of the story updates so once finals are over.... free time to enjoy reading! I really enjoy all of the talented writers on this thread.

Nope not empty calories... GOOD ice cream has plenty of vitamin D and calcium -- good for our bones.
                    Another reason to love finals...well, to love getting done with finals
                    And yay for ice cream!!

Originally posted by PengYn View Post
                    pfft no such thing as cutting back. Just got myself a chocolate mint cone because everybody was talking about ice cream.

Erin you didn't miss me. I'm just one of those dorks whose setting is permanently on invisible

And can I just say how much I am enjoying Vala and Daniel. I've been trying to watch an episode a day. I'm definitely getting more squishy inside.
                    OOOOHH, you're one of the invisibles. And good for you watching your daily dose of D/V. Hmm...maybe I should pop an ep in.

A little OT
                    What do you think about my english? Well, it would better to check out the fic I'm translating, since I have to be more english like in a story than in a thread obviously. Of course I'm using dictionary heavily sometimes, but it's the right choosing of the words or the structure of the sentences and the whole interpretation I'm interested about. Thanks in advance!
                    Hey, Arwen! Your English is actually very good. I hadn't realized at first that it wasn't your first language until you said something and I glanced up at your post and it says you're from Hungary. I think you are choosing all the right words and your sentence structure is very good (better than some of us native English-speakers )

Originally posted by RinggoldGate
                    WOW Susan! How many languages do you know? Weren't you speaking French with Anjelia a few days go. That is so awesome. I bet you're a lot like my younger sister. She's a whiz at languages.

Comment

Day Two of FIC WEEK:

Life Is Too Short by Erin

The Questions:

2. Where they in character? If not say why you think so.
                      I thought that the characters were very close in the situations of at SGC. I liked how you used that as a base and then added new aspects of their personalities as they where in more casual activities. These are the parts of the story that I really liked. On the show we don't see these conversations. Your portrayal of them in these situations was very believable.
                      Whew! *relieved sigh* I think believability was something I was really striving for.

3. What was the best bit for you in the story (eg. Best line, best moment)?
                      I loved the unexpected reaction of Vala during . That was such a wonderful twist. How would she still react in situations that are similar to the horrible life she had as host to Qetesh? Loved how you made me question that.
                      That was the best bit?! Cool! That scene was important to me too. I was extremely nervous about it. I could see it in my head so clearly, but I wondered if I could get it down on the page.

4. What did you feel could have been improved upon? If anything.
                      Maybe shorten to last chapter a little. I was waiting for the Exchange between Daniel and Vala the whole chapter.
                      Yeah, I did veer off to have my little moral-of-the-story moment. I could have expanded on the mission a great deal since I told that part very superficially. You're probably lucky that chapter was as short as it was I was being kinda lazy too, 'cause I wanted to get to the D/V exchange also

7. What was unique about the setting of the story and how did it enhance or take away from the fic?
                      Loved the oppurtunity to see them in casual settings.
                      Me too. We got a lot of great mission stories in the actual show; the casual stuff, the everyday, background, life stuff - not so much. I'm glad you appreciated that I wanted to explore that too.

8. What did you think of the plot line development? How credible did the author make it?
                      Loved that Daniel and Vala took their time. They were learning about each other as they came closer and more intimate.
                      Heehee, so it wasn't a bad choice to not have them fall into bed immediately? Slow was good? Whew! *relieved sigh* I wanted it to be slow, I figured Vala would recognize the importance of everything that led up to the kiss and would want it go slowly too.

[B][I]10. Did you like the story? If you have read any of the author's other stories, how does this compare?
                      Yes, I'm going to find more. Erin is going on my list of authors to watch.
                      I have a quite a bookshelf starting actually, more on LJ than on ff.net. And one of them is actually C/V with a sprinkling of D at the end. Oh and then there's the headache of a WIP that is 'Kansas'. I swear I've got writer's block the size of Kansas with this one. I should probably go work on it. Av2 and MM would probably be good inspiration though...I could pop those in first.
                      But all your comments have helped with my fickle self-confidence, so thank you very much.
                      ~Erin

Comment

Hello Oven Sat on Sat

From the ep that started it all.
                        sigpic
                        My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
                        poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

Day Four of Fic Week:

My Hero by Admiral Q O

Quick babbling info:

Spoiler:
                          Okay, before I post the question and everything I just want to say that this is to be fun, but it will also be a discussion, which by nature is full of personal opinions. That is actually part of the fun of this, we all get to read and share our thoughts about fanfiction, something we love, but opinions differ. It’s about reading, enjoying and constructive criticisms. So let’s try to be courteous and polite to each other. I know we always are. We have never mean spirited in out comments, but we are all of different mind sets and will probably disagree on some views. It’s normal. I just wanted to remind that this fic week was made to be enjoyed.

Now about the questions. There are only ten, a nice round number. When answering a question, please always make sure you make clear (repost) which question it is that you’re answering. And when responding to someone else’s response, please make sure to quote it, so there’s not confusion and well some organisation. And if you should disagree, say why. I know this seems picky, but it's always good to see the different sides.

Okay now on to the questions, for real this time. I just wanted to all get that out the way.

The Questions:

1. How was the flow and pace of the story? Too fast? Too slow? Too abrupt? Just right?

2. Where they in character? If not say why you think so.

3. What was the best bit for you in the story (eg. Best line, best moment)?

4. What did you feel could have been improved upon? If anything.

5. What was the toughest part for you? And why? Was it flow, wording, etc.?

6. What did you think of the ending and how did you feel about it? Did you think there should be more? (and while yes, I understand that we always want for more fic, lets try to think in terms for the story.)

7. What was unique about the setting of the story and how did it enhance or take away from the fic?

8. What did you think of the plot line development? How credible did the author make it?

9. What type of vision does the author use with her word choice? Is it optimistic, pessimistic, prophetic, cautionary, humourous, satirical, venomous, cathartic?

10. Did you like the story? If you have read any of the author's other stories, how does this compare?
                          banner by Stef

Comment

Isten Hozott!
                            Arwen
                            Köszi szépen! Hmm, from your location I think you're amercian (GA means a state, right but which?)...so I double thank that you looked up what's that means in hungarian..or do you speak it?

Hey, Arwen! Your English is actually very good. I hadn't realized at first that it wasn't your first language until you said something and I glanced up at your post and it says you're from Hungary. I think you are choosing all the right words and your sentence structure is very good (better than some of us native English-speakers )
                            It's good to hear that..

Originally posted by isabelqc View Post
                            Day Four of Fic Week:

My Hero by Admiral Q O
                            Wow, it's from our side(csillagkapu.hu), only the english section...cool. It's not that long, I'll try to give it a chance and read it then.

Comment

Oi... Allo guys....

What's up?

Comment

Köszi szépen! (Coldhearted vey much?) I must be missing something. As you can tell I don't know many Hungarian words. Just French, Spanish, some German, and just little bits of some. No Japanese Milena. I refuse. I don't do new alphabets.

Edit: GA is for Georgia. A southeastern state. We have the slow southern accent. Like the voice of "The Closer" Although her's is not real but really good.
                                Köszi means thanks, szépen means, well, in mirorr translating beautifully, but in english the whole means thanks very much. And my boyfriend said that GA stands for Georgia, he's smart. It's good to know that many languages, good for you. I'm planning to learn spanish and french, just don't know what order.

Comment

Working...
                                X