X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well I will do a pic run to jump start this thread before I go to bed

Good Night Fruitcakes
    sigpic
    My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
    poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

I just to come to say both g'night, as it is almost morning and also after I finally finish my current to do list which includes but is not limited to the following:

- Betaing. (almost finished girlies)
      - Fic week catch up.
      - Summaries (3 by Sunday Stefella!)
      - Icons I've been meaning to make/finish. Give me requests if you got them! Any you want. Not limited to SG too.
      - Edit CoF 9 and 10
      and
      - write up last crack drabble of this bunch.

(To be done by Sunday.)

After all that is done, I am then focusing on:
      - CoF, finish current devil!chapter
      - next batch of crack drabbles
      - Heroes, Tiva ficlets?
      - The Discovery
      - SASG, Kath you and Kay are so gonna be needed for this last one!
      banner by Stef

Comment

Daniel: SO if I shoot the fruitcakes with this...will they talk?
        Vala: No Darling I think that would just kill them....
        .....but just think what we can do while they aren't looking *DeVilish grin*
        My Fic: LJ & FF.net

Comment

Originally posted by isabelqc View Post
          I just to come to say both g'night, as it is almost morning and also after I finally finish my current to do list which includes but is not limited to the following:

- Fic week catch up.
          - Icons I've been meaning to make/finish. Give me requests if you got them! Any you want. Not limited to SG too.
          - Edit CoF 9 and 10
          and

(To be done by Sunday.)

- Heroes, Tiva ficlets?
          - The Discovery
          Icons! ....if you're makin some I would love some DV-Christmas stuff so I can use them on my msn i'm getting in the spirit
          christmas music makes essays that much more manageable

Comment

I know! *cries* My already low self esteem is feeling the strain of fic week. *clings to the DV in my head* They still like me! And your fic IS up! I'll get too it tomorrow after I do a 24 late answers to Erin's. I'm just been dropping the ball all week.
            Miskeena, your win-ness is unrivaled in my books! I know what you mean though, I still have to discuss Erin's fic too, maybe we should make it 2 days per fic? Especially since it's the holidays for the Americans? They have llike, weekend-long stuff I'm sure.

And is it that song you sent me a while ago?? *curious*

EDIT: Btw MD, Tiva is rocking my world!
            Ummm... Which song was that? I went on a song-spree with Cat so now my memory for them is shot

And of course
            Spoiler:
            TIVA!!!! I so want to start vidding/ficcing them but I have to rewatch S3-5...especially the episode "Under covers" ...for research purposes of course

Originally posted by LC_ View Post
            Day Three starts with this post.

Misappropriation of Lives by Milena_D

The Questions:

1. How was the flow and pace of the story? Too fast? Too slow? Too abrupt? Just right?
            Pacing was good.

2. Where they in character? If not say why you think so.
            Yeah, don't recall ever thinking that someone wouldn't have said/done something that way.

3. What was the best bit for you in the story (eg. Best line, best moment)?
            I liked Daniel's line when Vala was in the infirmary(paraphrasing)"...the power you have over me..."
            And "I lost you"...so heartrending...can definitely see him actually having that type of reaction by the end of Continuum.
            And...can't remember how the line went but it was when he was eyeing the empty space beside her in bed.
            OH and all of chapter 8...gutwrenching and so well written
            Also really like the epilogue, giving Vala the opportunity to see Qetesh burn.

4. What did you feel could have been improved upon? If anything.
            Nothing

5. What was the toughest part for you? And why? Was it flow, wording, etc.?
            Once again, I don't recall having to go back and reread anything.

6. What did you think of the ending and how did you feel about it? Did you think there should be more? (and while yes, I understand that we always want for more fic, lets try to think in terms for the story.)
            Ending was great...very satisfying.

7. What was unique about the setting of the story and how did it enhance or take away from the fic?
            All the settings were appropriate for the story.

8. What did you think of the plot line development? How credible did the author make it?
            Absolutely credible

9. What type of vision does the author use with her word choice? Is it optimistic, pessimistic, prophetic, cautionary, humourous, satirical, venomous, cathartic?
            Hmmm...cautionary and cathartic...oh and the opening chapters were positively creepy.

10. Did you like the story? If you have read any of the author's other stories, how does this compare?
            Loved it. And I think I've read every single story of Milena's and love every one. This one is right up there with BF(when is the next chapter btw?) and Perchance to Live(next chapter of that would be good too)

LC
            LC!!! *glomps*

You just totally saved my self-esteem Thanks for discussing MoL! And of course thanks for all the great comments

I'm currently writing both PtL and BF's next chapters simultaneously, I'm hoping to have them done tomorrow but I can't promise anything because I've just found out that I might be ditching my "expletive" team to start and finish my own Final project by Wednesday I'll know tomorrow probably...

And that's it for me until late Sun or Mon...I've outta town for the weekend...big surprise B-party for my Sis, so I'm going back to my hometown for the weekend.
            On Monday I'll try to do the 3 stories to get caught up.
            Have a good weekend in the Oven, Cakes
            later days
            LC
            I hope your sis doesn't lurk in the Oven or the surprise is busted

Have a great weekend! Thanks again!
            Originally posted by natalia View Post
            oooooooh millllleennnaaaaaaaa. your fans are gettting annnniixxxouussssss.
            chapters? soon? please? yes?
            *offers fans sweets and assorted chocolates as compensation*

Coming Actually the next chapter of AGFA has been ready since...well before I posted the first chapter but kitty Cat brought up some points that I have to reexamine. She's such an awesome beta

*off to continue...umm...PtL? yes, PtL*
            ||My Fanfiction: FF.net & My LJ || Vala Multi-Shipping LJ Comm||

Banner made by Stef!

Comment

- Fic week catch up.
              - Edit CoF 9 and 10
              and

(To be done by Sunday.)

- Heroes, Tiva ficlets?
              - The Discovery
              YAY!! *points at Spoilers*

Spoiler:
              Any Tiva icons? Like from "Undercovers"? Or not the latest episode but the one before that when they're in the car watching someone and Ziva totally gets in his bubble?

Daniel: SO if I shoot the fruitcakes with this...will they talk?
              Vala: No Darling I think that would just kill them....
              .....but just think what we can do while they aren't looking *DeVilish grin*
              LooooL!! Nice Nat!

And sorry but I can't thread-chat and flow fic-wise at the same time I'll be here during breaks though

Banner made by Stef!

Comment

Originally posted by Milena_D View Post

I'm currently writing both PtL and BF's next chapters simultaneously, I'm hoping to have them done tomorrow but I can't promise anything because I've just found out that I might be ditching my "expletive" team to start and finish my own Final project by Wednesday I'll know tomorrow probably...

*offers fans sweets and assorted chocolates as compensation*

Coming Actually the next chapter of AGFA has been ready since...well before I posted the first chapter but kitty Cat brought up some points that I have to reexamine. She's such an awesome beta

ooooooh I hope they're done tomorrow! *is excited* HEY chocolate! (milena knows how to distract me )

sooooooooooooooo, since i'm the only one who's NOT off creating some wonderful DeVilish-ness......perhaps I shall stop pestering and go to bed

up early tomorrow to do...you guessed it. homework. (and i'm sorry i complain about that so much guys I don't mean to and it's probably annoying. it's really just all I do in real life these days so it's kind of consuming all of my mental capacity, hence it leaking out all over the place here when my brain explodes)

but as the pro-lurker that I am...i'll surely be around at some point...hopefully this oven be hopin' and there will be some goodies and convo to read!

*sets oven to preheat*

Night Night Fruitcakes

Nat

Comment

ooooooh I hope they're done tomorrow! *is excited* HEY chocolate! (milena knows how to distract me )

sooooooooooooooo, since i'm the only one who's NOT off creating some wonderful DeVilish-ness......perhaps I shall stop pestering and go to bed

up early tomorrow to do...you guessed it. homework. (and i'm sorry i complain about that so much guys I don't mean to and it's probably annoying. it's really just all I do in real life these days so it's kind of consuming all of my mental capacity, hence it leaking out all over the place here when my brain explodes)

but as the pro-lurker that I am...i'll surely be around at some point...hopefully this oven be hopin' and there will be some goodies and convo to read!

*sets oven to preheat*

Night Night Fruitcakes

Nat
                  Haha, I see you, you didn't really leave...And I liked your first couple of posts in your LJ. *giggles* We're all nerds

Yes, us silly Americans are celebrating the fact that our forefathers didn't freeze to death that first winter exploring the new world.
                  Spoiler:
                  ...okay I just deleted the really bitter part that you all didn't want to hear about.

Comment

Oooh...Nat, post a pretty pic or say something really witty or something for your 500th post...Ready...Set...Go!

Comment

Day Two of FIC WEEK:

Life Is Too Short by Erin

The Questions:

3. What was the best bit for you in the story (eg. Best line, best moment)?
                      I REALLY want to know what he said after "straddling me" to throw her off completely,lol.
                      Heehee...I must have cut that out for ff.net because I was so nervous about mature, suggestive remarks. (It was my first fic, remember?) The unabridged version is up on my LJ and also on alldanielfic.com (my penname there is just Erin.)

5. What was the toughest part for you? And why? Was it flow, wording,
                      etc.?

Ya know I didn't find any of this story hard to read. The flow from chapter to chapter was good and I don't recall having to go back reread passages to get the meaning.
                      That really means a lot to me. Thanks. I know that I reread my stories way too much to make sure that they make sense. But inevitably you miss something. I'm glad it made sense for the most part.

6. What did you think of the ending and how did you feel about it? Did you think there should be more? (and while yes, I understand that we always want for more fic, lets try to think in terms for the story.)
                      The ending was fine. And no there didn't need to be anymore...the story had got them to the ultimate payoff and then a little wrap-up so that the reader knows that the payoff was NOT just the point.
                      Ha, I did do that, didn't I? I'm so clever sometimes

8. What did you think of the plot line development? How credible did the author make it?
                      At least it had a plotline, unlike some of the stories out there that just throw them into bed without any exploration of their actual issues. The pace at which it flowed worked fine.
                      Thanks, LC, I appreciate that too. Being realistic was important to me, as well as exploring what it is about these two that draw them together.
                      9. What type of vision does the author use with her word choice? Is it optimistic, pessimistic, prophetic, cautionary, humourous, satirical, venomous, cathartic?
                      Wow, quite a question for this story...optimistic and humourous.
                      Hmm...Not sure I know what you mean by 'quite a question for this story'. But if I had an unconscious vision it would have been optimistic and humorous. I'm a hopeless romantic, and I simply love how Daniel and Vala can be funny too (and Teal'c, can't forget Teal'c )

10. Did you like the story? If you have read any of the author's other stories, how does this compare?
                      Yes I did like it and yes I've read her other work. This was fine for a first-time...some people, even after they've written numerous fics still aren't writing this well...she's taken the advice of the various people who have betaed for her and it shows in her more recent pieces...ie Kansas
                      LC
                      Thanks, LC, for all the comments. You were instrumental in getting this fic off the ground. Couldn't have done it without you, girl!

Comment

Guys almost three hours and no posts? Seriously?

Originally posted by Milena_D View Post

DUDE!!!! *Blushes* Yeah some PtL would be great (no I won't be a cheerleader that's Nat's job)

Way OT but watching elections results, its a federal election in Australia so in a few hours we may have a new Prime Minister.

Here;s the LJ link to new chapter to those who prefer it.

The Past Returns: Memories of Qetesh Chapter 2
                        Last edited by CrazyLikeaFox; 24 November 2007, 12:06 AM.

Banner by Stef
                        Fruitcakes Anonymous C2

Comment

*sets oven to preheat*

Night Night Fruitcakes

Nat
                          Miskeena Nat, don't worry, you haven't even come close to annoying me in like...ever! I might be biased though because I totally feel your pain School = can be evil...like nowish

G'night hayeti!!

Originally posted by CrazyLikeaFox View Post
                          Guys almost three hours and no posts? Seriously?

DUDE!!!! *Blushes* Yeah some PtL would be great (no I won't be a cheerleader that's Nat's job)
                          Dude, just finished 7 pages of PtL, just for you It'll be up before sunrise Either I'm overly emotional or this is a kick-ass chapter But you're not allowed to beta, I want you to be surprised! I know, I know, you're heart is breaking at the missed chance of betaing a dozen pages, isn't it?

Way OT but watching elections results, its a federal election in Australia so in a few hours we may have a new Prime Minister.
                          Oooh, good or bad? I can't remember...you're too young to vote yeah? No, no, aren't you of age?

Banner made by Stef!

Comment

Dude you're going to make me cry.... can't beta? *sobs* nah its cool.
                            Yeah I can and did vote (compulsory in Australia for those 18 and over)
                            I'm not a fan of our PM but neither am I a fan of the oppoistion leader, so watching and interested but in the end kinda indifferent.
                            Ok guys I went and fixed a few things in latest chapter I wrote cause I realised that I had left the notes to self in the chapter. WHOOPS!!!!

Milena can I have the list of names of fic/vid people posted please?

Banner by Stef
                            Fruitcakes Anonymous C2

Comment

Dude you're going to make me cry.... can't beta? *sobs* nah its cool.
                              Actually I might have spoken to quickly...there's a part I think might confuse people...but I think I fixed it I'll keep you posted

Yeah I can and did vote (compulsory in Australia for those 18 and over)
                              I'm not a fan of our PM but neither am I a fan of the oppoistion leader, so watching and interested but in the end kinda indifferent.
                              "Compulsory" like they'll arrest you if you didn't or "compulsory" like it's your duty to your country but most people don't?

Ok guys I went and fixed a few things in latest chapter I wrote cause I realised that I had left the notes to self in the chapter. WHOOPS!!!!
                              LoooooL!!! Tsk Tsk Cat! I'm glad I haven't had the chance to read it yet now!

Milena can I have the list of names of fic/vid people posted please?
                              The list of who's a vidder and who's a ficcer? Sure, hold please

Banner made by Stef!

Comment

Here's the list but I'm not sure I added the latest latest people...I know Kelly's both and her sister does vids so I'll add them now but I don't know about Whitney or Arwen or Lutrina or any others.

Ficcers:

Anjirika
                                Bijjy
                                Cat283
                                CrazyLikeaFox
                                Erin
                                Faithstars
                                Gioia
                                Isa
                                Kales
                                Kelly
                                LC
                                LittleMissJigsaw
                                Maeve
                                Milena
                                Odakota-Rose
                                Rac80
                                Sg1Cat
                                Stargate78fan
                                Stef
                                Toomi
                                Wendy

Vidders:

Cat (soon )
                                Dannii
                                Kamiikiteiru
                                Lissa
                                Milena (soon )
                                Ren
                                Stef
                                Susan (soon )
                                Tonttu
                                Kelly

I think that's everyone and it's a random mix of names and usernames but I think you can figure them out I've probably forgotten someone and I'm reallllly sorry!!! Just tell me what you do and I'll add you to the appropriate list

Banner made by Stef!

Comment

Working...
                                X