No announcement yet.

Daniel Jackson/Vala Mal Doran Ship/Discussion/Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hmm? Seaweed? Now what on earth does seaweed have to do with anything? Unless there's some manner of interesting medication made from it now..

I just might have to watch the episode again when I get back from dinner. How sad..
    Renny Roo, the Keeper Of the Fruitcakes

sigpic
    Sig by Odakota_Rose

Comment

Seaweed? Huh? *confuzzled* Of course I can't actually remember the sequence so I am of little help....
      banner by Stef

Comment

Yeah... you know I tend to focus on Daniel and Vala in a scene, it's why I have to watch the episodes at least twice to figure out what's actually going on, otherwise all I'd ever know is that Daniel and Vala were bantering/gazing at each other and the rest of the episode would just be a blank in my memories XD
        Renny Roo, the Keeper Of the Fruitcakes

sigpic
        Sig by Odakota_Rose

Comment

Well do the crazy state of my brain and its need to figure out the randomest things, I went and looked to see if I could find the "Seaweed" thing and an explanation for it. And I did! And well, it's kinda random in all honesty.

From what I gathered its a reference to an s2 episode, "Prisoners" when they get stuck in that underground prison and we first meet the Destroyer of Worlds *cough/giggles* and it's a reference to the plant they use to power the Stargate.

Here's the link that I found: Seriously? Randomest reference eva!
          banner by Stef

Comment

Originally posted by isabelqc View Post
            Well do the crazy state of my brain and its need to figure out the randomest things, I went and looked to see if I could find the "Seaweed" thing and an explanation for it. And I did! And well, it's kinda random in all honesty.

From what I gathered its a reference to an s2 episode, "Prisoners" when they get stuck in that underground prison and we first meet the Destroyer of Worlds *cough/giggles* and it's a reference to the plant they use to power the Stargate.

Here's the link that I found: Seriously? Randomest reference eva!
            Hey, good question Darryl. I remember not being confuzzled at all while watching the ep, so I knew it must have meant something, but good job Isa finding the answer. Cuz you know, Mitchell has read every file

~Erin

Comment

Originally posted by ErinB View Post
              Hey, good question Darryl. I remember not being confuzzled at all while watching the ep, so I knew it must have meant something, but good job Isa finding the answer. Cuz you know, Mitchell has read every file

~Erin
              Mitchell is a bigger fanboy than any of us!!!
              banner by Stef

Comment

DUDE this is so a song for Vala!

"The Boys Wanna Be Her" by Peaches

Spoiler:

You've got them all, by the balls
                causin' waterfalls
                Stone walls
                Bar brawls
                Common stalls that cause 'em all (?)

To you they crawl, body sprawl
                Smokin' Pall Malls
                Close call, stand tall

Doll, you make them feel so small
                AND THEY LOVE IT!

The boys wanna be her (The boys)
                The girls wanna be her (The girls)

I wanna be her

Yes I do

The way you rock, don't stop (or lone star)
                Girl, you got the chops
                Flip flop
                She bop
                Self-taught
                You lick so hot
                Are you conceived (?)
                Kids receive
                Crawling up the sleeve
                Parents bleed
                Can't conceive
                That indeed we'll never leave

AND WE LOVE IT!

I wanna be her

So do you

Listen up
                Listen up
                Listen up
                Voices scatter

Listen up
                Listen up
                Listen up
                Voices scatter

Listen up
                Listen up
                Listen up
                Voices scatter

Listen up
                Listen up
                Listen up
                Voices scatter

Listen up
                Listen up
                Listen up
                Voices scatter

Listen up
                Listen up
                Listen up
                Voices scatter

Listen up
                Listen up
                Listen up
                Voices scatter

Listen up
                Listen up
                Listen up
                Voices scatter

The boys wanna be her
                The girls wanna be her (scatter)
                The boys wanna be her
                The boys wanna be her
                The boys wanna be her
                The boys wanna be her
                The boys wanna be her
                The boys wanna be her
                The boys wanna be her

Scatter
                The Boys
                The Girls

Scatter
                The Boys
                The Girls

Scatter
                The Boys
                The Girls

Scatter
                The Boys
                The Girls
                banner by Stef

Comment

Evening guys!

Comment

Just popping on to say hi will be on again in about 2 and a half hours for awhile. Thanks Renny for agreeing with my idea two months is better than onhe and we have to repeat it in the second half of the year of course. Also devoting at least a week after the movies are out.....though only after everyone has seen them of course!

Banner by Stef
                    Fruitcakes Anonymous C2

Comment

night guys

Comment

Originally posted by PengYn View Post
                        Erm.. Hello again!

I wasn't feeling well today so stayed home. Made some goodies along the way. If anyone likes them, please snurch away

Clickie for big:

And for some Vala love:

Plus matching LJ Icons:

Great job! I would green you if I could Off to the greening thread I go!

Was planning on being on sooner, to help Milena with various things...but a friend came over and we got caught up in watching the 4-hour Jane Eyre mini-series...again. Now I am officially a puddle of goo. Which makes me want to make a romantic D/V vid again! Alas, it seems like there's nobody left to give me more song suggestions. *sigh* I suppose I could work on the stuff I already have....but none are sufficiently romantic enough

-Stef

PHOTOBUCKET // WEBSITE // LIVEJOURNAL---------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Continuum news from BW HERE, although here are the major news...nothing D/V specific...
                          Spoiler:
                          "Stargate SG-1 co-creator and Stargate: Continuum writer Brad Wright revealed to GateWorld that his movie is scheduled to be released on DVD in July, 2008."

"The timeline has been changed at the end of Continuum in a subtle, but permanent way," Wright said. "And that is actually illustrated in the final frame of the picture. You'll see. It's cool. Keep in mind, too, in this time travel story, what makes this subtly different than other stories we've done is these guys remember the old timeline."

"That's what makes Continuum different. That's what makes it the time travel story I wanted to do. As the movie unfolds, and as Baal's plan unfolds, we try to get back to Earth and, granted, it's a conceit of mine that traveling through the wormhole keeps them immune from the effects of the timeline."

-Stef

PHOTOBUCKET // WEBSITE // LIVEJOURNAL---------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by Stef View Post
                            Great job! I would green you if I could Off to the greening thread I go!

Was planning on being on sooner, to help Milena with various things...but a friend came over and we got caught up in watching the 4-hour Jane Eyre mini-series...again. Now I am officially a puddle of goo. Which makes me want to make a romantic D/V vid again! Alas, it seems like there's nobody left to give me more song suggestions. *sigh* I suppose I could work on the stuff I already have....but none are sufficiently romantic enough

-Stef
                            Broadcasting in Australia on Sunday, I think I'll be watching.

Read news on Continuum, sounds interesting but nothing really for us Fruitcakes. Still going to be a great movie.

Also tomorrow night (Thursday night) is the series finale of Stargate in Australia so Unending will be showing for ll those Aussies who read/post on the thread

Banner by Stef
                            Fruitcakes Anonymous C2

Comment

Yes, yes...you MUST watch. So...Cat...how are you doing this evening?

On a plus side, I heard a new song and am SUPER excited about making a D/V vid to it. Alas, it's not particularly romantic...nor sad...nor entirely angst...but it has a great beat! It probably won't go anywhere, but Steffy doesn't care. None of you will be able to guess the song...or the artist for that matter. This is definitely a departure for me. Sorry for the rambling, I just haven't been this excited for making a vid in awhile

On a less than positive note...we still need 78 pages to make my arbitrary but nevertheless important goal of 200 pages for November! All I can hope is that y'all will be chatty little bees during this fic discussion. I'll try to participate in it as much as I can, but everyone who knows me knows that I am not a friend of long fics

-Stef

Comment

I have two songs in mind for a D/V vid but can't find the damn songs. So annoying. My friend has one so get it off her but the other.......
                                I'm already picturing clips for it already!!!!! So sad.

Banner by Stef
                                Fruitcakes Anonymous C2

Comment

Working...
                                X