No announcement yet.

Daniel Jackson/Vala Mal Doran Ship/Discussion/Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know.. Apparently we all just love any Vala period. What a shock.

You're totally right Cat, that would be awesome, she's changed a lot but in some ways she's the same, I just might do that too..

And yes, I am here, but I'm also
    Spoiler:
    Listening to Emily Deschanel and David Boreanaz' commentary on an episode of Bones from season one. Two Bodies In The Lab, aka. 'splodey fridge, Hot Blooded, and hugs
    Renny Roo, the Keeper Of the Fruitcakes

sigpic
    Sig by Odakota_Rose

Comment

Originally posted by Odakota_Rose View Post
      I know.. Apparently we all just love any Vala period. What a shock.

You're totally right Cat, that would be awesome, she's changed a lot but in some ways she's the same, I just might do that too..

And yes, I am here, but I'm also
      Spoiler:
      Listening to Emily Deschanel and David Boreanaz' commentary on an episode of Bones from season one. Two Bodies In The Lab, aka. 'splodey fridge, Hot Blooded, and hugs
      *runs to OT thread*

Meet me there!
      ||My Fanfiction: FF.net & My LJ || Vala Multi-Shipping LJ Comm||

Banner made by Stef!

Comment

Such a shock Milena. I'm trying to come up wth questions to get this going.
        I just love Vala though have to admit although s9 was funny the only eps I really admired her character was:
        TPTB - how she really let the Prior have it and did confess her crimes to the people (with persuasion from Daniel). Also how emotional she got because of what was happening especialy at the end of the episode.
        Avalon 2: The BBQ how could you not love that scene? I know sounds kind of sadistic but it really is a beautiful scene. Vala's reaction especially afterwards is so vulenrable, Daniel reaction is so passionate and emotional.
        Beachhead: OK I know we rage against it because of the treatment of Vala but still good episode for her. Not only does she come up with asolution and save them all but she as a thick enough skin not to let their remarks get to her. Seriously a back up singer? No way!!!!!

Banner by Stef
        Fruitcakes Anonymous C2

Comment

For shame, Milena.
          *runs*

sigpic
          Sig by Odakota_Rose

Comment

Originally posted by CrazyLikeaFox View Post
            Such a shock Milena. I'm trying to come up wth questions to get this going.
            I just love Vala though have to admit although s9 was funny the only eps I really admired her character was:
            TPTB - how she really let the Prior have it and did confess her crimes to the people (with persuasion from Daniel). Also how emotional she got because of what was happening especialy at the end of the episode.
            Avalon 2: The BBQ how could you not love that scene? I know sounds kind of sadistic but it really is a beautiful scene. Vala's reaction especially afterwards is so vulenrable, Daniel reaction is so passionate and emotional.
            Beachhead: OK I know we rage against it because of the treatment of Vala but still good episode for her. Not only does she come up with asolution and save them all but she as a thick enough skin not to let their remarks get to her. Seriously a back up singer? No way!!!!!
            I do love the way she came up with a way to get back to earth, sneaky though it may be with the plotting and the misinformation and all that good stuff

TPTB was a really big episode for me, because it's easy to see that she can and does care about something other than herself, no matter how much she tries to portray herself otherwise.

Avalon: Just... *shipper sigh* I love it, and the vulnerability that she has and Daniel's voice when he thanks the Prior.
            You know, I'm watching THAT scene right now, and once again admiring just how awesome an actress CB is, the look on her face when she sort of disbelievingly says 'Fire?' right before it happens..
            No matter how unfunny the scene is though- *points at* "At which point I believe I suggested she might want to think about procreation... with herself."
            Oh Vala....

sigpic
            Sig by Odakota_Rose

Comment

After a fitful and unproductive nap, I am back! Huzzah!

Originally posted by isabelqc View Post
              Sad for no Devilish! *pouts* But of course the McShep ones are the best. McShep is the McSHip!!!! And Stef, you know I luffed it!You'll be in my heart now and forever after that!
              Aw At least someone enjoyed it...my own insecurities are getting the better of me. b******s!! I'll show them...

Originally posted by Milena_D View Post
              And *points to earlier post in response to Kelly's questioning*. I don't have vids, I have funny wannabe vids I think they're hilarious but then I'm very very easily amused I write fics, then I fix the crap-timings on my vids and then we'll see...

Which reminds me where's YOUR vid Isa, darling? Hmmm?
              Isa has been given a temporary pass on vidding from me because she's working on the 800 prompts I've given her *pet* Good, Isa....good. Got anything for me?? *bats eyelashes*

Originally posted by RinggoldGate
              Yes Milena and Isa, where are those videos? I know that it must not take that long to make one.
              Well, if we're going down that route...where is YOUR vid, Susan?

Originally posted by kamiikiteiru View Post
              You've outdone yourself again. Perfection. How do you do it again and again? Tis a mystery...your skills.
              Wow *blushes* I take a lot of cold medications (shh, just keep that a secret between you and me ).

Hrmm... well I might go ahead and just post it.. We'll see. I've still got a transition I want to tweak. Or I could just post it and ask you to rip it apart and be honest instead of your adorably flattering self
              And I forgot that I'd tweaked it, the ship is the second clip used in the beginning...

EDIT: That's just what I was going for Cat, I'm just not sure how good this vid is, in some ways I really like it and others, not so much...
              Vid?! I want. I want. Post-y, post-y!!

-Stef

PHOTOBUCKET // WEBSITE // LIVEJOURNAL---------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Stef, it still needs tweaking, there are transitions to smooth and scenes to clip and .... stuff to do!
                Yes, this is my OCD side coming out.

sigpic
                Sig by Odakota_Rose

Comment

Hey Stef *waves*
                  Agree Renny Avalon 2 just makes me sigh in shippness. HOw vulenrable she is when she cries out "Daniel?" I love it just beautiful. Even the Origin BBQ is good, and when they wake up and glaned at each other.

Banner by Stef
                  Fruitcakes Anonymous C2

Comment

Ooh.. I hadn't thought of that scene in a while, but yep, it's also good. Wow, I can't wait for fic week, I'm hoping there's some stories based off the season 9 arc..

sigpic
                    Sig by Odakota_Rose

Comment

Stef, it still needs tweaking, there are transitions to smooth and scenes to clip and .... stuff to do!
                      Yes, this is my OCD side coming out.
                      Ha! You are talking to the queen of OCD when it comes to vid/art. Still can't stand to watch some of my vids because of bad transitions.

-Stef

PHOTOBUCKET // WEBSITE // LIVEJOURNAL---------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Season 9 fics are good but I'm not a fan of those that have them hooking up then. I mean sure its a great read but its pretty unrealisitc IMHO.

Banner by Stef
                        Fruitcakes Anonymous C2

Comment

LOL
                          tricky little things aren't they? And annoying as all get out. I can think of at least three that need to be different, one that absolutely must go, and a clip that could be faded in instead of just cut.

Ohh... wait a second. Your OCDness is contagious isn't it?

And I was just thinking about something:
                          They spend an awful lot of time looking/gazing at each other, allow me to elaborate
                          Spoiler:

Daniel *obviously having a Fox Mulder moment*: I do not gaze at Vala.

Edit:
                          No, I'm with you on that, Cat- it takes a special something to make a fic like that work, I was thinking just more along the lines of friendship/aftermath of Avalon and Origin.. ep tags, basically.

sigpic
                          Sig by Odakota_Rose

Comment

Oh yeah I completely agree Renny ep tags that explore the emotions/friendship frm those eps are great. Like you said it is a great author who can make me like a season 9 romance while still being in character.

Banner by Stef
                            Fruitcakes Anonymous C2

Comment

Ohh... wait a second. Your OCDness is contagious isn't it?
                              No....or maybe....
                              And I was just thinking about something:
                              They spend an awful lot of time looking/gazing at each other, allow me to elaborate
                              Spoiler:

Daniel *obviously having a Fox Mulder moment*: I do not gaze at Vala.
                              I know Say what you will about Talion as an episode...but every time I watch it, I think...

-Stef

Comment

I think it's at least partially because they both had so much growing and changing to do before they'd be ready for a relationship, especially with each other...
                                Vala had growing to do, Daniel had walls he needed to let down (or have demolished, lol)

Originally posted by Stef View Post
                                No....or maybe....

I know Say what you will about Talion as an episode...but every time I watch it, I think...

-Stef
                                *giggle*
                                Oh that's an awesome smiley! So true..
                                Talion was 90% eyesex and the rest was something about Teal'c and some guy he slayed, yes?
                                Kidding... sorta.

sigpic
                                Sig by Odakota_Rose

Comment

Working...
                                X