X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sg-daniel View Post
    hey girls been a while *hangs head in shame*
    i have a question
    lisa michelle, or anyone else who knows it, i've once read a fic of you called "sanctuary", and i would like to continue it as it wasnt finished, but i dont know anymore where i found it could you or anybody give me a link? that would be great
    Hey, it's okay. You popped back up, that's all that matters

Never read/seen the story before...but I went searching, and here's what I came up with for "Sanctuary" (I hope this is the right story):

Prologue
    CHAPTER 1
    CHAPTER 2
    CHAPTER 3
    CHAPTER 4
    CHAPTER 5
    CHAPTER 6
    CHAPTER 7
    CHAPTER 8
    CHAPTER 9
    CHAPTER 10

-Stef

PHOTOBUCKET // WEBSITE // LIVEJOURNAL---------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by Stef View Post

Blast! I can't green for another 24-hours...but when I can, you'll be getting a welcome green

I'm glad to see you finally decided to join us here! All D/V lovers are welcome to the thread...regardless of their general opinion of seasons 9-10. It'll be interesting to have someone who's a D/V shipper but not a fan of 9-10 (since that is their golden age...well, their only age since they aren't in any of the previous seasons ). We're a friendly bunch here, so as long as you're respectful of everyone's opinions you should fit right in! We haven't met a fruitcake we haven't liked (to answer your question, "fruitcake" is what Daniel calls Vala in PU...and we kind of adopted it as a universal name for D/V shippers). I hope to see more posts from you, we always appreciate new blood...otherwise, it'll just be me talking to myself for four-pages straight

-Stef
      Thanks for the welcome!
      I know that Vala was almost only in S9 and 10, but this is not a reason to like the seasons, right?
      I don't remember him calling her fruitcake, although S8 was the first season I watched in english...but it was a long time ago, and my memory is very far from perfect, so..
      'One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
      One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them'

SGA fanfiction I'm translating to english. It's a novel!

Comment

Hey, it's okay. You popped back up, that's all that matters

Never read/seen the story before...but I went searching, and here's what I came up with for "Sanctuary" (I hope this is the right story):

Prologue
        CHAPTER 1
        CHAPTER 2
        CHAPTER 3
        CHAPTER 4
        CHAPTER 5
        CHAPTER 6
        CHAPTER 7
        CHAPTER 8
        CHAPTER 9
        CHAPTER 10

-Stef
        yes thats the one!! thanks stef! *tackle hugs*
        going to read it now

Comment

Stef, I hope you enjoy this, because it's totally unbetaed and ridonkulous!!

SG1 does Thanksgiving
          Last edited by isabelqc; 22 November 2007, 11:30 AM.
          banner by Stef

Comment

OMG, OMG, OMG! I want to read it...but I am editing a vid right now. Damn it! I will as soon as humanly possible, I assure you.

-Stef

PHOTOBUCKET // WEBSITE // LIVEJOURNAL---------------------------------------------------------

Comment

*bows before Isa*

That fic was perfect. I tell you...P-E-R-F-E-C-T!!! Saved it to my memories

-Stef

Comment

Originally posted by sg-daniel View Post
                yes thats the one!! thanks stef! *tackle hugs*
                going to read it now
                I've already read it...it's nice.

Comment

*bows before Isa*

That fic was perfect. I tell you...P-E-R-F-E-C-T!!! Saved it to my memories

-Stef
                  You're welcome hun, I aim to please and give fic!*squee*
                  banner by Stef

Comment

WARNING: Multi-reply POST OF DOOM Ahead!

Yeah, would probably be best if you did It's almost 5am here.

So...how is that vid of yours going? Last I heard (and I may ave missed something), you had a few transitions and such you were still tweaking.

-Stef

Damn, this Cam/Carolyn video is going to be harder than I thought...
                    Er.. well that's the thing I haven't had time to do much of anything on it, and until I do I won't feel right about posting it. Thus, the very short answer is: *shrug*
                    Or 42.

Actually, the D/V vid is a joint venture between Milena and I. STOP LAUGHING!! We'll show you...although, anyone who's ever chatted with the two of us might be afraid of what we come up with If it's great, just assume I did it. If it sucks...blame it on Milena See how clever I am? I have a scapegoat. Mwah ha ha ha

As for the C/C....still trying to find good Carolyn clips...which is easier said than done. She was only in 11 episodes, and not exactly a central figure. I will accomplish this vid though...I WILL!!
                    -Stef
                    *stops giggling guiltily* I wasn't laughing per se....
                    Nahh, I'm kidding, I'm sure you two will do just fine.

For anyone about to begin work on a D/V vid and even people who know nothing about vidding, this is a must-watch WMM tutorial vid. Not because it provides you with any useful information....but because it is freaking hilarious! Hold on until 2:22, trust me...it'll be worth it. The guy starts acting out "effects" and "transitions."

WMM Crash Course, Pt.2

I seriously can't stop laughing as I watch it....
                    -Stef
                    Haha! Clip! *CLAP!* Clip! *CLAP!* Clip! *CLAP!*
                    Ai yi yi, that shouldn't be so funny..

Originally posted by ErinB View Post
                    Ha! Sorry, that just made me laugh! I wonder what would be a good family ep of SG-1 to get everyone hooked on the show. (Not Talion for sure.) Um...Maybe Quest 1 and then everyone will beg for Part 2. 200 might be funny but most people probably wouldn't get it. Has to be one with just about everyone it, so not Uninvited or Insiders...although, *rethinking* ...'Uninvited' was really funny even though Daniel wasn't in it (for shame ) Yeah, if I were to do this to my family I'd probably pick Uninvited or Quest 1.
                    ~Erin
                    Uhh.. I've never exactly had to introduce my family to SG-1, and I doubt suggesting Memento Mori would help. (MM is my default answer for everything now. "What is the meaning of life?" Me: MM)
                    But I gotta agree on Talion. I watched that episode with my younger brother when it came out, and even though Daniel's almost 16, I still felt like covering his eyes for some parts, hehe.

Speaking of Talion though, I just read a ficrec from the LJ comm that mentions it along with SG-1's utter crackyness at times. It was hilarious.
                    "Untitled Whumping Humor" That's seriously the name of the fic. Plus, it's got Vala and Daniel annoying Teal'c ^^
                    It's one of those team/whump/hilarity fics that I really love.

Originally posted by isabelqc View Post

SG1 does Thanksgiving
                    *HUGS*
                    Thank you for writing this Isa, I'm going to read now!

EDIT: Hmm... that wasn't quite as much DOOM as I suspected..
                    Renny Roo, the Keeper Of the Fruitcakes

sigpic
                    Sig by Odakota_Rose

Comment

SG1 does Thanksgiving
                      *giggles* Cam is so cooking off world from now on!

Welcome to the Dark Side Arwen Undomiel! *Passes vodka and cookies*
                      sigpic
                      Banner by Stef.

The Daniel/Vala Drinking Game Grab your passion fruit martinis and join in!

HELP! HELP! I'M BEING REPRESSED! Vala meets Monty Python.

Comment

Here's a new video
                        Artist: For My Pain...
                        Song: Dancer in The Dark
                        DV-Dancer in The Dark

Playback instructions: http://tonttu.x10hosting.com/news.php?extend.9

Technical details
                        Spoiler:
                        General #0
                        Complete name : DV-Dancer in The Dark.mkv
                        Format : Mk
                        File size : 20.0 MiB
                        PlayTime : 3mn 44s
                        Bit rate : 746 Kbps
                        Encoded date : UTC 2007-11-22 22:14:25
                        Writing application : mkvmerge v2.1.0 ('Another Place To Fall') built on Aug 19 2007 13:40:07
                        Writing library : libebml v0.7.7 + libmatroska v0.8.1

Video #0
                        Codec : MPEG-4 AVC
                        Codec/Info : MPEG4 ISO advanced profile
                        PlayTime : 3mn 44s
                        Width : 624 pixels
                        Height : 352 pixels
                        Display Aspect ratio : 16/9
                        Frame rate : 25.000 fps
                        Language : English

Audio #0
                        Codec : MPEG1/2 L3
                        Codec/Info : MPEG1 or 2 Audio Layer 3
                        Channel(s) : 2 channels
                        Sampling rate : 44 KHz
                        Language : English

First video that I've edited with Sony Vegas. Vegas added borders to few clips for some reason.
                        There were some corrupted frames after Vegas finished rendering so I removed them with AviSynth and as a result timing of some clips is a little off

Welcome Arwen Undomiel
                        sigpic
                        Inside soft clouds we have drowned so deep in slumber our feet have lost the ground...

Comment

Originally posted by Kath Pup View Post
                          *giggles* Cam is so cooking off world from now on!

Welcome to the Dark Side Arwen Undomiel! *Passes vodka and cookies*
                          Why is it the dark side? I'm not drinking alcohol, but I accept the cookies, thanks.

Originally posted by Tonttu View Post

Welcome Arwen Undomiel
                          Thanks! Just call me Arwen.

Comment

Day Two of FIC WEEK:

Life Is Too Short by Erin

Quick babbling info:

Spoiler:
                            Okay, before I post the question and everything I just want to say that this is to be fun, but it will also be a discussion, which by nature is full of personal opinions. That is actually part of the fun of this, we all get to read and share our thoughts about fanfiction, something we love, but opinions differ. It’s about reading, enjoying and constructive criticisms. So let’s try to be courteous and polite to each other. I know we always are. We have never mean spirited in out comments, but we are all of different mind sets and will probably disagree on some views. It’s normal. I just wanted to remind that this fic week was made to be enjoyed.

Now about the questions. There are only ten, a nice round number. When answering a question, please always make sure you make clear (repost) which question it is that you’re answering. And when responding to someone else’s response, please make sure to quote it, so there’s not confusion and well some organisation. And if you should disagree, say why. I know this seems picky, but it's always good to see the different sides.

Okay now on to the questions, for real this time. I just wanted to all get that out the way.
                            The Questions:

1. How was the flow and pace of the story? Too fast? Too slow? Too abrupt? Just right?
                            Will I sound like one of the three bears if I say it was just right? Because it really was. It all seemed to flow very naturally to me. Timing and flow can be a tricky thing, especially when you're dealing with Daniel and Vala, and this worked really well in my opinion.

2. Where they in character? If not say why you think so.
                            Yes. This for example- after Sam points out that Vala's doing all she can to try and make a home for herself there with them and points out some things Daniel hadn't noticed: “Yeah? Oh, sorry,” he stuffed his hands in his pockets, “I’ve just been so busy with…well, at first trying to locate Merlin’s weapon and then the aftermath of that and then the latest threat to Earth…I guess I hadn’t noticed what she’s been doing around here…or how she might be feeling.”
                            It's Daniel, he cares, but sometimes he gets just a teeny bit too preoccupied and forgets to look around him.
                            And also, I love seeing the threads that tie them all together, the various friendships and how they work. It's a nice blend of team and ship fic.

3. What was the best bit for you in the story (eg. Best line, best moment)?
                            When they finally start figuring things out with them, it's a very open, honest scene that never fails to turn me into a puddle of melted Lauren

Spoiler:
                            He cupped her jaw and bent ever so slightly to touch his lips to hers. He meant for the kiss to last just a moment, but once he was there he didn’t want to stop. He indulged his heart and caressed her mouth for a few more moments before lifting his head.

Vala’s eyes were still closed when she asked, “And that was for…”

Daniel smiled at her slowly opening eyes and the pleasure he saw on her face. “That was for trusting me with your feelings, and well, because I trust you not to break my heart.”

“I could probably do it,” she admitted, “if I wanted to. But just so you know, my heart is just as fragile as yours. We’ll have to tread carefully.”

“But not too carefully,” he amended and bent to kiss her again.

Life is too short.

Or it could be this scene, because the Teal'c and Vala friendship is another thing I love:
                            Spoiler:
                            “You are quiet, ValaMalDoran. Do you feel ill?”

“Very funny, Muscles. I was just thinking.”

“Indeed, you must be unwell. Shall I fetch a doctor? Maybe an archaeologist?”

“Your wit astounds me, Teal’c. Really, you should be a guest on late-night television. Letterman is much better than Leno. We should send him some of your jokes.”

4. What did you feel could have been improved upon? If anything.
                            Hehe, nothing! But fer cryin' out loud Erin, we could've used a sequel!

5. What was the toughest part for you? And why? Was it flow, wording, etc.?
                            Spoiler:
                            My inner Jack/Sam shipper sat in the corner and pouted for a few minutes. And then I got over it because I love this story too much lol.
                            And because Erin did a really good job making it realistic all the way through

6. What did you think of the ending and how did you feel about it? Did you think there should be more? (and while yes, I understand that we always want for more fic, lets try to think in terms for the story.)
                            See above comments.
                            But yes, I liked the way it ended a lot.

7. What was unique about the setting of the story and how did it enhance or take away from the fic?
                            It was cool that most of this story was earth-based, and generally that's not always the case with SG-1 fics, and Daniel and Vala have a particular knack for the offworld stuff
                            I really liked that because it was more about their normal lives..

8. What did you think of the plot line development? How credible did the author make it?
                            Very. It was a lot of fun to watch and anticipate.

9. What type of vision does the author use with her word choice? Is it optimistic, pessimistic, prophetic, cautionary, humourous, satirical, venomous, cathartic?
                            It was real, the emotions were never hard to pick up on and I think hopeful at the same time.

10. Did you like the story? If you have read any of the author's other stories, how does this compare?
                            Yep, I really did. And if Erin would ever finish up Definitely Not In Kansas Anymore I'd be ever so grateful *wink wink nudge nudge*
                            *hugs* Ah, I'm just kidding Erin, I know you've been kinda busy

Originally posted by Arwen Undomiel View Post
                            Hi! I've been hesitating for a week now to join this thread or not...but what a heck, let's have a try.
                            So, I registered to GW a month ago, and immediately jumped into the S/J family thread, I've always a S/J shipper, from the beginning of SG, which I started to watch from '97, so I'm really and old fan you can say. (Not that old in age, just in viewing ) I have to admit that for me, SG ended in season 8, although I watched S9 and 10, but just out of habit. I hate the Ori arc, and I don't consider it part of the SG, just a bad spin-off. So I don't that good in these season's episodes, but...
                            There was one thing I liked in these seasons, quite exactly the D/V ship. One of my favourite character is Daniel, and I thought he deserves a normal girl after his tragedy with his wife. And when I saw Claudia Black in Prometheus Unbound with her brilliant acting (just started to watch Farscape, only four eps so far, but she's good there too), and how she teased Daniel, I knew that something will happen between them, and I was kinda hoped it will. So, is that make me fit in this thread?
                            Btw, where's fruitcakes comes from?
                            Welcome! Thanks for joining us over here. It's awesome to have another S/J shipper around. And yes, I think you fit here nicely
                            Renny Roo, the Keeper Of the Fruitcakes

sigpic
                            Sig by Odakota_Rose

Comment

Originally posted by Odakota_Rose View Post
                              Haha! Clip! *CLAP!* Clip! *CLAP!* Clip! *CLAP!*
                              Ai yi yi, that shouldn't be so funny..
                              ...but it is Clearly, that guy does NOT like effects I liked his "duh!" statement. "If you use the brightness effect, and the blur effect, and then the film effect, and then the brightness effect again, and the blur effect again it will deteriorate your video quality." Really? Ya don't say? If I add 800 effects, it will negatively affect my video's quality? Who knew?! The clip clap is priceless. But when he did that soft clap, I started crying. Just...too much!

Originally posted by Odakota_Rose View Post
                              Uhh.. I've never exactly had to introduce my family to SG-1, and I doubt suggesting Memento Mori would help. (MM is my default answer for everything now. "What is the meaning of life?" Me: MM)
                              Dude, you and me both MM is my lifeblood. Without it, I don't know what kind of person I would be today.

-Stef
                              Last edited by Stef; 22 November 2007, 03:07 PM.

Comment

Just read Life is too short. It's past one am here, but I just couldn't stop reading it. I will answer the ten questions tomorrow, I promise, but good night for now!

Comment

Working...
                                X