No announcement yet.

Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carter, how do you know where to go in a place like this?
    I studied the Tok'ra specs of the ship while we were on Vorash.
    You know how to have a good time, don't'cha?
    I'm having a good time now, Sir.
    You go girl!
    Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
    Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
    On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Made by dipsofjazz, I believe...
      Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
      On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Originally posted by AmberLM View Post
        For anyone who is interested here's a little fic I wrote re-writing Affinity

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/8916908/1/Affinity-20

It's complete
        It isn't labeled as complete and still shows up under WIPs. Perhaps you forgot to change its status?
        On FFnet or AO3

Comment

Originally posted by trinity3 View Post
          We won't be. We Shippers love fic and fic writers.

Also, just in case, nothing 'M' rated can be posted on the thread as well as we can't directly link to 'M' rated fic due the all different age groups on the thread.
          Originally posted by fems View Post

Oh and about the M-rated stuff; a link to one's profile is allowed (with preferably a warning that the fic is mature), just not directly to the fic . Don't think it needs more of an explanation than that.
          Thank you

And thanks for clarifying the posting rules. I'm not great with writing M-rated stuff, so it shouldn't be a problem. I'll keep it in mind for future fics I might try though
          "I'd rather have died myself than lose Carter... Because I care about her. A lot more than I'm supposed to."
          My Fics | My Twitter

Comment

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-P0f8KOZxkPE/UPhA4zNZieI/AAAAAAAABUQ/54WnTNPnx-o/s912/5x01_132.jpg

Carter, how do you know where to go in a place like this?
            I studied the Tok'ra specs of the ship while we were on Vorash.
            You know how to have a good time, don't'cha?
            I'm having a good time now, Sir.
            You go girl!
            enemies had so many nice little moments between jack and sam and jack and "Dad". my own dad used carter's "welcome to my life" every once and a while after this episode aired and it drove me whacko.

Comment

Lovely picspam fems! Love all the 'firsts'.

And I have nothing ready for Valenship.
              I do have a question though... When do the events is season 8 happened during the year? Which months? I'm trying to figure it out, but I can't... :/

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
              I'm rewatching Season 8 after a rather long hiatus, and am on "New Order". I'm reminded once again just how easily and eagerly Sam left to go rescue Jack, and it seems as though she didn't even give a second (much less first) thought about Pete. Seems to me that if he was even a little bit important to her that she would have felt some sort of guilt feelings about running off on a mission that she very well might not return from. Of course, we didn't get to see any of that, and the only mention of Pete was on the cargo ship when Teal'c asked about her and Pete, and she quickly changed the subject.
              I rewatched New Order too recently! I love that scene between her and Teal'c.

Originally posted by XFchemist View Post
              I could be wrong but I think that Pol made the fishing t-shirt...
              Yes she did! I have the design on a coffee mug.

Originally posted by RamonaThePest View Post
              THanks, SB for the translations. I have a confession to make - when reading SG1 novels, I'm really bugged by jargon or colloquialisms that are not American since the setting is America. It doesn't bother me if the character is from the UK or if it's an Atlantis character because they're from all over the world. It just takes me out of the escapism of getting lost in the story because it makes the character OFC.
              Makes me think how AT would have to do looping after they filmed because she sometimes said her lines with a too strong Canadian accent.
              sigpic
              Live Peace. Speak Kindness. Dwell in possibility.
              My Livejournal. | My fanfictions. | My videos. | My twitter.
              Beautiful avi and sig are birthday presents fom josiane!

Comment

It isn't labeled as complete and still shows up under WIPs. Perhaps you forgot to change its status?
                Yeah, it didn't save it the first time for some reason. Fixed!
                Sam and Jack... Still the best romance on TV in years!

My fanfic http://www.fanfiction.net/~drawntotherhythm

Comment

Thanks, glad you're enjoying it. I had lots of fun with that one and got a whole new appreciation for planning and outlining!

And yeah, I feel the same way about all the nice art...

We all seem to be very agreeable today!

Oh and about the M-rated stuff; a link to one's profile is allowed (with preferably a warning that the fic is mature), just not directly to the fic . Don't think it needs more of an explanation than that.
                  Thanks.

Originally posted by AmberLM View Post
                  For anyone who is interested here's a little fic I wrote re-writing Affinity

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/8916908/1/Affinity-20

It's complete
                  Cool fic.

Originally posted by wacky_jacqs View Post
                  Thank you

And thanks for clarifying the posting rules. I'm not great with writing M-rated stuff, so it shouldn't be a problem. I'll keep it in mind for future fics I might try though
                  Yeah *blushes* ya never know.

I've never done Mature fic either. I tend to prefer the suggestion of it and/or the writing allowing your own imagination to take over, rather than detailed black and white
                  sigpic
                  sig by Mada
                  As a matter of FIC

Comment

I've just re-watched one of my favourite episodes: Jolinar's Memories and I have to say, this is very shippy episode. It takes place more less a year before Divide and Conquer but it is already obvious that Jack cares A LOT about Sam

Just at the beginning he is not too happy about the whole memory recall device thing.

He watches a bit and then turns away...

Last edited by kusanagi; 17 January 2013, 12:58 PM.
                    sigpic

Comment

He seems genuinely concerned when Sam gets stuck in her own past.

sigpic

Comment

Here Sam explains to Jack that going away with Baynaars guards is probably the bast chance to get the information on the means of escape from Netu.

He listens to her, he s not happy about the idea but knows she is right. This is probably one of those moments when Jack realises he can not let his feelings (even if he doesn't understand those feelings just yet) cloud his judgment and needs to let her take the risk.
                        sigpic

Comment

So he tells her: Yeah, go ahead...

sigpic

Comment

She tells him to take care of her father.

She walks away and he watches helplessly, clearly concerned.
                            sigpic

Comment

Owwww, very shippy, very angsty, love it!!

sigpic

Comment

Why is it so quiet?
                                sigpic
                                sig by Mada
                                As a matter of FIC

Comment

Working...
                                X