No announcement yet.

Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Digital copies. rip your DVDs onto your computer and then there is no wear on the physical copy.

Lemonade. this confused me when I was in the UK at the University of London. There, they mean Sprite or 7-UP. When we say lemonade in the US, we mean lemons, sugar, and water. period. Sprite or 7-Up are always referred to by brand name. They are not lemon. They make a big deal about being lemon-lime soda.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by UhSir View Post
      I can also understand her not being able to figure out love when it's standing right in front of her in all his dopey hunkiness.
      http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a9/...ps68ed1689.jpg
      I totally understand.
      guh! totally. *becomes lost in the picture: the facial expression...the angst!*

Ok cave-dwellers: I'm coming for a visit!

Originally posted by Jack4Sam View Post
      Will do.
      I love the one on Cafepress that says "I've been shipping for 10 years and all I got was this lousy t-shirt".
      It's funny, but also makes me a little pissed off at how true it is!
      FOUND IT!! I want this one! >.<

Originally posted by A. Karswyll View Post
      *catches up on half dozen pages*
      Wow, seems "food" has been a hot topic!
      SPOILERED FOR OFF-TOPIC (OT) FOOD CONVERSATION:
      Spoiler:
      Originally posted by Jack4Sam View Post
      While we're still on the topic of food - I've always wondered, does the US have lemonade soda(we call soda, soft drink!) that is clear, and doesn't really taste like lemon very much?
      Like, whenever I hear US shows say lemonade, they mean real lemonade made with lemons and sugar, so I've always wondered.
      Originally posted by AmberLM View Post
      Do they not have sprite or 7up in the US? I think they're made by coca cola-schwepps and Pepsi respectively, both US companies.
      I have never seen this lemonade soda by Schwepps (I've lived in the following USA states: Louisiana, Kentucky, South Carolina, Tennessee, & Virginia), and when we refer to lemonade, we mean the real stuff with lemons and sugar; I do enjoy drinking 7up or Sprite, which are both available.

I love all of the conversations we are having and getting to know each other...I really do, especially across the pond (both ponds), but can we redirect the topics that don't have to do directly with the ship over to the S/J shipper lounge thread? That was created to take random off-topic chatter like this, and no spoilers are needed. I'm not the thread police (seriously), just requesting we keep conversation/topics in line with the purpose that the thread was created for...

Sorry! Thanks!!!!!
      sigpic
      sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
      "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
        Digital copies. rip your DVDs onto your computer.
        My laptop died *cries*! What's the best software for that? I'm interested in making Sam/jack music videos when I get my new laptop.
        Sam and Jack... Still the best romance on TV in years!

My fanfic http://www.fanfiction.net/~drawntotherhythm

Comment

Originally posted by AmberLM View Post
          My laptop died *cries*! What's the best software for that? I'm interested in making Sam/jack music videos when I get my new laptop.
          I think DVDShrink comes highly recommended by some. I use DVDdecrypter, but you can't adjust file size with that, so it's like 1GB an episode, which is fine if you have the room.

Would love to see your vid if you do make one.
          The password is fishing...

Comment

I use DVDshrink.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lucycat View Post
              I LOVE that fanfic, and any cat owner has surely experienced what Jack did in that story. Hilarious.
              I have never experienced my cat sleeping on my face. However, often shortly after I go to bed at night, I find a furball walking across my pillow above my head, since she apparently can't sleep on the side of the bed on which she steps. She has to find out what's on the other side before deciding which side is better.

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                I have never experienced my cat sleeping on my face. However, often shortly after I go to bed at night, I find a furball walking across my pillow above my head, since she apparently can't sleep on the side of the bed on which she steps. She has to find out what's on the other side before deciding which side is better.
                My Chamberlain does the same thing. Would Jack allow at cat to sleep with him and Sam?
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                  Seems like she just wants to make sure her person's ok

Originally posted by trupi View Post
                  My Chamberlain does the same thing. Would Jack allow at cat to sleep with him and Sam?
                  Hmm.

Can't see it but for Sam, you never know, what Jack would do.
                  sigpic
                  sig by Mada
                  As a matter of FIC

Comment

Somehow that reminded me of another cat story: Marge the cat series by openended, quite fluffy.
                    Fics | Art | Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by RamonaThePest View Post
                      Originally posted by wacky_jacqs View Post
                      I've never heard of Jolly Ranchers. Are they sweets? Or should that be candy?
                      Jolly Ranchers taste great! Word of warning though - they are a choking hazard and are listed among the top choking hazards for children. Adults are not immune as my sister literally almost died fom a halfway sucked down sized Jolly Rancher being lodged in her throat, blocking her airway. It wouldn't moove down and it wouldn't cone up.
                      Tastes great, use caution - especially with young children.
                      Jolly Ranchers do look great; I'm sorry to hear about what happened to your sister though - that sounds so frightening. Hope she's okay now.
                      "I'd rather have died myself than lose Carter... Because I care about her. A lot more than I'm supposed to."
                      My Fics | My Twitter

Comment

Bringing it back to Sam and Jack.. I started writing something for the prompt trinity3 gave last night. When it's finished, do I post it here (in its entirety) or am I to link it to FF.net or somewhere.. I'm still very much a newbie and don't want to get it wrong if you have a certain way of doing things.
                        "I'd rather have died myself than lose Carter... Because I care about her. A lot more than I'm supposed to."
                        My Fics | My Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by trupi View Post
                          I'm not sure he would.
                          sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
                          https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

Originally posted by wacky_jacqs View Post
                            Bringing it back to Sam and Jack.. I started writing something for the prompt trinity3 gave last night. When it's finished, do I post it here (in its entirety) or am I to link it to FF.net or somewhere.. I'm still very much a newbie and don't want to get it wrong if you have a certain way of doing things.
                            We can post drabbles and mini fic here but spoiler it if necessary. For longer fic, post the link to ff.net for us. Just as long as we get to read it soon.

I can't wait.
                            sigpic
                            sig by Mada
                            As a matter of FIC

Comment

Are people already preparing for Valenship? Just four more weeks to go...
                              Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
                              Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                              On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Originally posted by fems View Post
                                Are people already preparing for Valenship? Just four more weeks to go...
                                Thinking of trying a fic, but wracking my head for short, small ideas. Doubt the bigger one I'm slowly working on would be ready by then.
                                Fics | Art | Tumblr

Comment

Working...
                                X