No announcement yet.

Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So that's Point of View. What are your thoughts?

Comment

A little PoV art:

Comment

It forces Jack to consider a *real* relationship with Sam instead of the arms-length one he always tries to maintain
        sigpic

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
            It forces Jack to consider a *real* relationship with Sam instead of the arms-length one he always tries to maintain
            I totally agree with that. I don't think Sam really faces that idea until Edora.

Comment

Of course, eventually...(even if it's just in 200)
              sigpic

Comment

Comment

what's the next one on the watch list? or is that it?
                  sigpic

Comment

what's the next one on the watch list? or is that it?
                    Grace on Thursday.

And I'm moving Divide and Conquer to Ship Day. We can all watch it together.

Comment

Oh absolutely D&C on Saturday! It's fitting, after all.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by A. Karswyll View Post
                        I, A. Karswyll, grant hlndncr, the issuer of the Ten Day Drabble Prompt Challenge, permission to post my drabble contributions in a story collection on FFN.

May I suggest that an account be made specifically for the challenge to post the collection? Or maybe create an account for the thread so that future similar challenges can be posted if participants give the okay?

Could also have a challenge for creating the account icon and cover art.
                        Did I see that challenges are NOT allowed?

Originally posted by hlndncr View Post
                        I think our Sam probably says "For crying out loud" now.
                        I agree -Jack says it so often that it would be natural for her to absorb it over the years.

Spoiler:

Refuge is a precious commodity in space.

Such a thin metal hull separating the crew from the cold, hostile environment outside, such a limited amount of space that can be contained safely inside –and they all have to share it. The niceties of personal space and distance between them, walling off their yards to create buffers against the irritations of social interaction, none of these things are possible.

She jabbed at the screen of her hand-held computer pad as she walked down the hall, weaving around slower moving crew in the dance that is second nature to her now. In some ways it reminded her of the corridors of Stargate Command, though more claustrophobic. Paperwork: she thought there would be less here; commanding the George Hammond should involve action…acting, doing things, not requisitions and reports, not to mention endless explaining to bureaucrats things they refused to understand. She sighed.

Ahead of her, a young airman, still new to the rhythm of the traffic flow, blundered into her path, causing her to stumble and sending the computer pad clattering to the metal floor.

“Oh, for crying out loud!” she muttered in exasperation as she leaned over to pick up the pad.

She paused, her hand hovering over the small computer, struck by the phrase that had just come out of her mouth so naturally. Thoughts of brown eyes and silver hair flashed through her mind and she smiled to herself, only partially hearing the profuse apology of the young airman before her. She patted him on the shoulder with a few reassuring words, and continued down the hall, her spirits buoyed by thoughts of smiling eyes, green trees, and placid waters waiting for her back on Earth.
                        sigpic
                        sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
                        "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

I watched the beginning of 'Politics' (S1, ep 20) last night ("It IS theoretically possible..."). That seems to be a point at which Jack is confronted with the possibility. It shocks him...floors him. But it does build on his other experiences with Sam: in 'Broca Divide' (gutter/passion) and 'Solitudes' (reliance/care/comfort), and this is only reinforced to him as their relationship goes on.

She understands him; she gets him. She knows the loyalty to his country that keeps him tied to the military, because she shares it. She sees his flaws and doesn't write him off. This is something incredible -something irresistible.

Grace on Thursday.

And I'm moving Divide and Conquer to Ship Day. We can all watch it together.
                          Of COURSE!!
                          sigpic
                          sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
                          "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

AltSam called Jack "Colonel" when they run in with the working generator. I would have expected her to call him "Jack."
                            I'm okay with the "Colonel"--I think that she was attempting to put some distance between them.
                            sigpic
                            My Stories: FFdotNet
                            My Stories AO3
                            Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

Originally posted by SaraBahama View Post
                              Did I see that challenges are NOT allowed?

I agree -Jack says it so often that it would be natural for her to absorb it over the years.

Spoiler:

Such a thin metal hull separating the crew from the cold, hostile environment outside, such a limited amount of space that can be contained safely inside –and they all have to share it. The niceties of personal space and distance between them, walling off their yards to create buffers against the irritations of social interaction, none of these things are possible.

She jabbed at the screen of her hand-held computer pad as she walked down the hall, weaving around slower moving crew in the dance that is second nature to her now. In some ways it reminded her of the corridors of Stargate Command, though more claustrophobic. Paperwork: she thought there would be less here; commanding the George Hammond should involve action…acting, doing things, not requisitions and reports, not to mention endless explaining to bureaucrats things they refused to understand. She sighed.

Ahead of her, a young airman, still new to the rhythm of the traffic flow, blundered into her path, causing her to stumble and sending the computer pad clattering to the metal floor.

“Oh, for crying out loud!” she muttered in exasperation as she leaned over to pick up the pad.

She paused, her hand hovering over the small computer, struck by the phrase that had just come out of her mouth so naturally. Thoughts of brown eyes and silver hair flashed through her mind and she smiled to herself, only partially hearing the profuse apology of the young airman before her. She patted him on the shoulder with a few reassuring words, and continued down the hall, her spirits buoyed by thoughts of smiling eyes, green trees, and placid waters waiting for her back on Earth.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Akamaimom View Post
                                I'm okay with the "Colonel"--I think that she was attempting to put some distance between them.
                                Totally agree. Because she knows she can't see him as HER Jack.

Originally posted by SaraBahama View Post

Spoiler:

Love it. Lol She totally says it all the time now...
                                "You ended the world for me, because you believed I could bring it back." -unknown

Comment

Working...
                                X