No announcement yet.

Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let me just start by saying if you haven't read the review and discussion of Grace on the S/J Discussion Thread you are really missing out on some great insights and debates.

Comment

I really like that Ronson seems to respect and appreciate Sam.

Comment

She's so cute when she's excited about sciencey stuff. Too bad Jack isn't there to see it. He would love it.

Comment

Hey, it's Peter Grodin! I never noticed that before.

Comment

I know people will continue to debate over who and/or what Grace is, but don't you think it's interesting that she really does look like a perfect combination of Sam and Jack?

Comment

Originally posted by hlndncr View Post
              I have an appointment at the White House this morning. I'll be on late this afternoon with a countdown story and a new shipper quiz.

Welcome back Sara! Missed you!

Indeed

Originally posted by A. Karswyll View Post
              Last two drabbles for the Ten Day Drabble Prompt Challenge as promised:

Drabble Prompt #9 – Under the Influence – Rated K

Spoiler:
              Sam sat on the gurney across from Jack and kicked her feet. Doctor Janet was a meanie: she wanted to play! Her adult brain cringed but the rest—under the influence of K1D-386's incense—didn't care.

"Pst, Sam,” Jack hissed. "Wanna play?"

"We're not supposed to get off the beds," Sam pouted.

Jack deflated, then perked up. "That's okay. Lets shadowbox!"

"Oo, you're smart Jack," Sam beamed.

Checking there were no watchers—Daniel didn't count—they kicked at each other's shadows and quickly degraded into giggling shrieks.

"What are you doing?!"

They looked at the meanie doctor and chorused: “Nothing!"

Drabble Prompt #10 – By My Side – Rated K

Spoiler:
              Sam snuggled down against Jack in front of the fire. A log popped and sparks danced into the Minnesota night sky where they shone a dim yellow against the vast expanse of twinkling white stars before winking out.

Jack wrapped his arm over her shoulders, pulling her closer and wrapping the blanket around them both to keep out the nip of the autumn air.

She hummed her approval and rested her head on his shoulder. Countless camp fires offworld had been full of excitement and trials, but here, now, there was only peace at being beside the man she loved.

Now, I have some catching up to finish... *ventures back into the wilds of the thread*
              Originally posted by selene0789 View Post
              And here's #8 "Whispers in the Dark":

Spoiler:

There have always been words. Rumors, fluttering about the halls of the SGC, whispering on the relationship of one prominent Colonel and his second-in-command. Speculations of how she was promoted so quickly, and why he made such decision.

Tonight, however, the softly-spoken words are of a different sort.

“She’s beautiful…”

“Adorable…”

“So perfect…”

Jack O’Neill meets the eyes of his wife, smiling happily in the growing shadows of the evening. The child in her lap gurgles contentedly, the perfect amalgamation of her parents. Wide blue eyes, lop-sided grin… even Teal’c has seen the resemblance.

Sam shrugs, unconcerned. “Let them talk…”

Hey, look who's keeping an eye on GW as we get ready for Ship Day!

You are talented.

Let me just start by saying if you haven't read the review and discussion of Grace on the S/J Discussion Thread you are really missing out on some great insights and debates.
              Cool. I will
              sigpic
              sig by Mada
              As a matter of FIC

Comment

Notice that when Sam is in real danger and Jack can't do anything about it he gets very testy.

He really has a hard time keeping up his mask.

Comment

When Jack is lost Sam will try everything and never stop working.

Jack seems to want to put it out of his mind. Not that he doesn't want to do anything, just that he knows what a long shot it is that anything he does will help and so dwelling on it just makes it worse for him.

Jack prefers to deal with his emotions by pushing them away or ignoring the issue.

Comment

Sam like to keep herself busy.

Jack tries to make himself forget.

In both cases, they are terrible at confronting their true emotions.

Comment

I'm not even going to try and follow Sam's thought processes here, but this is the beginning of her making some really bad decisions with a concussion.

Comment

And over course massive head trama leads Sam to . No other explanation for that.

Comment

So Sam is worried about being alone. And afraid of not being in control.

I think that's what Jack represents to her because it's so far outside of the order of things for her to be in love with her CO.

Comment

The Tok'ra are actually being quite helpful here. Jack normally doesn't like them, but he's got to appreciate all they're doing to try and find Sam.

Comment

Go Teal'c! *giant squishy hugs*

He's such a great Shipper!

Comment

Jack is doing his making jokes to avoid confronting the difficult emotions.
                                Last edited by hlndncr; 26 July 2012, 06:07 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X