Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pointoforigin View Post
    I mean, I still would call myself obsessed though - otherwise "I wouldn't be here"

And I have to say: I'm just amazed how much creativity and dedication is still put in this ship. It just speaks for the show and the characters, actors, story,.... I mean I don't know any other show (that is off air already) that is still that alive!
    I think it's great!

And I'm not saying "I think it's great" iust because I like to come here to distract myself from RL, but like you said - it's a pick-up
    There is definitely an energy in here that is contagious
    Yeahsureyoubetcha!! Ours is the best ship, and GW has given us a great place to visit and enjoy our obsession

Comment

Originally posted by NikkiC View Post
      Jack and Sam forever. Finally other people that understand where I am coming from
      Welcome, hope you can stop by the Valenship thread on Saturday!

Comment

Originally posted by hlndncr View Post
        Serpent's Song
        Thanks!

I could definitely use a pick me up because I'm feeling a little down tonight. I feel like some people are saying that it's over and I should just move on already.

I hope we have a great Valenship, but I'm worried because so many of us are so busy. And I so need some shippy goodness right now!

((hugs stalwart shippers))
        Here for you...

Sadly, I don't have an awesome gif like yours, bu I trust you have seen WoO enough times to know the beginning and ending to that, right?

And NikkiC - Welcome on the thread! Congratulations on delurking!
        sigpic
        Live Peace. Speak Kindness. Dwell in possibility.
        My Livejournal. | My fanfictions. | My videos. | My twitter.
        Beautiful avi and sig are birthday presents fom josiane!

Comment

Originally posted by LadyGalaxyJ View Post
          Thanks!

Here for you...

Sadly, I don't have an awesome gif like yours, bu I trust you have seen WoO enough times to know the beginning and ending to that, right?

Nope, not taking off the IMG tags! I shall be defiant.

Thanks LadyG.

I don't mind dwelling on the middle there. It's the best part. If only we could see Jack's ruffleable hair. (I think Mala did a manip for that. Anyone have it?)

Comment

here i've been a shipper since 1997, and sam/jack STILL gives me the squees!

sally

sigpic

Comment

I don't mind dwelling on the middle there. It's the best part. If only we could see Jack's ruffleable hair. (I think Mala did a manip for that. Anyone have it?)
              And let's not forget Hammond's face! LOL!
              sigpic

Comment

For those interested in AT5, here's a rather long report from Pengyn, with photos:

Spoiler:
                http://community.livejournal.com/wit...17.html#cutid1

I was quite touched by many of the comments about her Nepal visit.

Originally posted by hlndncr
                I could definitely use a pick me up because I'm feeling a little down tonight. I feel like some people are saying that it's over and I should just move on already.
                Don't let those comments get you down. If you don't want to let go of the ship, you certainly don't have to. If others want to, that's their business and their choice. Others of us who don't want to let go yet, certainly don't have to.

Comment

As I sit here in front of my laptop, just staring at the picture LadyGalaxyJ posted from WOO, I wonder... why is it that I can enjoy looking at this picture of Sam and Jack sucking face? I am so uncomfortable when I see people making out in public in real life, but I can sit here and look at pics of S/J snogging, or watch one of hlndncr gifs for hours and not feel weird... it makes me feel happy.

I suppose it's time to admit it. Hello, my name is Lucycat, and I'm a voyeuristic shipper...

Comment

TODAY NOW RDA IN FAIRLY LEGAL!

~HolyAngelQueenSG-1~

Comment

*hugs*

I think the whole point of being here is that we should be able to freely share our Sam/Jack hobby with like-minded people who don't judge us. I always find it ironic when some fans within the fandom feel it's perfectly "normal" or "acceptable" to obsess over certain characters, actors, technology, behind-the-scenes personnel, or what-have-you, but if you're a shipper, well then you must be weird or a loser and you're completely wasting your time.

Awhile back on Joe Mallozzi's blog, a someone had made disparaging comments about shippers and implied that we should all get a life, but hello....! Isn't it ironic that he (I'll assume the commentator was a he) didn't realize that the rest of the world thinks it's geeky/weird/abnormal to be obsessed enough with a TV show to join a forum or read a producer's blog? All for a science fiction show? I thought it was quite hypocritical, and I'm sure s/he failed to see the irony of his/her comments.

So, all this to say.... Ship away, my dear, that's what this forum is for!

Originally posted by NikkiC View Post
                      Jack and Sam forever. Finally other people that understand where I am coming from
                      Welcome! Nice to see another fellow Canuck

Originally posted by MidwifeOnBoard View Post
                      I will definitely stop by, and maybe drop off links to older fics. Right now I'm still fighting the jetlag...
                      You attended the AT con, didn't you? Lucky girl! I am so envious!
                      Last edited by IggyMing; 17 February 2011, 07:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by HolyAngelQueenSG-1 View Post
                        TODAY NOW RDA IN FAIRLY LEGAL!
                        Really? *squee*
                        I think we're a couple of episodes behind in Canada. I'll have to search the Internet in hopes that someone posted this episode. I don't want to wait 2 weeks! Thanks for the heads up!

Comment

Originally posted by Lucycat View Post
                          As I sit here in front of my laptop, just staring at the picture LadyGalaxyJ posted from WOO, I wonder... why is it that I can enjoy looking at this picture of Sam and Jack sucking face? I am so uncomfortable when I see people making out in public in real life, but I can sit here and look at pics of S/J snogging, or watch one of hlndncr gifs for hours and not feel weird... it makes me feel happy.

I suppose it's time to admit it. Hello, my name is Lucycat, and I'm a voyeuristic shipper...
                          hello, my name is majorsal, and i'm a voyeuristic shipper.
                          sally

sigpic

Comment

Guys, Look is new "update" RDA Website is: http://www.rdanderson.com/

NOW LOOK ON TV!!!!!!!!!!!

~HolyAngelQueenSG-1~

Comment

Hello. My name is LadyGJ, and I'm a voyeuristic shipper.

I think many of us could go on like that. ;PP

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by HolyAngelQueenSG-1 View Post
                                Guys, Look is new "update" RDA Website is: http://www.rdanderson.com/

NOW LOOK ON TV!!!!!!!!!!!
                                Yep. He was on during the last 10 minutes or so of the episode. And will be a recurring character.

Comment

Working...
                                X