Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Akamaimom View Post
    Don't hate me, but I love the scruffy, plaid jeans fishing civvies look in 2010. That stubble. Rubbing against. . .

It's a wonder she didn't divorce Joe Faxon on the spot.
    Oh yes - yummy look

As to Sam well she does seem to look good in most things but my favourite has to be the wedding dress!

This is because so my brain really believes they are married - in whatever reality

Comment

Originally posted by Lucycat View Post
      Re: Jack's look...
      I like the scruffy look and bed-head hair, too! But I think my fave look is season 3 where his hair is a little grown out, and not the severe, close-shaved military style. IMO!!! I think Sam would like a little something to run her fingers through!

See, I'm the opposite. I like the shorter hair and can't stand the grown out look. Anything Season 4 and after is what I like, except for the beginning of Season 7 when it was longer and in some scenes during Heroes where it was cut too short.

hlndncr, I love your guess the shippy moment. I'm just not around when you do them.
      sigpic
      I used to trek amongst the stars, now I gate to them

Comment

Originally posted by Treknik View Post
        See, I'm the opposite. I like the shorter hair and can't stand the grown out look. Anything Season 4 and after is what I like, except for the beginning of Season 7 when it was longer and in some scenes during Heroes where it was cut too short.

hlndncr, I love your guess the shippy moment. I'm just not around when you do them.
        And I like the shorter hair, too. Especially when it's messied up. Grrroowwwwl.
        sigpic
        My Stories: FFdotNet
        My Stories AO3
        Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

Well let me know the next time you think you'll be around and I'll try and throw one up.

And since you mentioned it, here's another guess that shippy moment that I believe relates to our discussion about what Sam would like to see Jack wearing (or not ):

Comment

Originally posted by hlndncr View Post
            Well let me know the next time you think you'll be around and I'll try and throw one up.

And since you mentioned it, here's another guess that shippy moment that I believe relates to our discussion about what Sam would like to see Jack wearing (or not ):

"That's incredible."

"Crunches."

And again, you have me saying, "Grrroowwwwwl."
            sigpic
            My Stories AO3

Comment

http://i1012.photobucket.com/albums/...PDVD_208-1.jpg
              Hathor, maybe?
              sigpic

Suffer the dream of a world gone mad, I like it like that and I know it.
              - R.E.M.

Comment

Originally posted by Raw_Deal View Post
                Hathor, maybe?
                Hathor, indeed!
                sigpic
                The Return of King Arthur
                Trust in the Lord with all your heart; lean not on your own understanding. In all of ways
                acknowledge him, and he'll make your path straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

Comment

Originally posted by Raw_Deal View Post
                  Hathor, maybe?
                  Hathor it is!

Not sure I have a prize for you that is as good as the first pic.

Let's see? I think that moment calls for one of these:

Comment

Broca Divide!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                    sigpic
                    My vids Sig made by me

Comment

Hathor it is!

Not sure I have a prize for you that is as good as the first pic.

Let's see? I think that moment calls for one of these:

http://i1012.photobucket.com/albums/...PDVD_114-1.jpg
                      *Likes prize*
                      sigpic

Suffer the dream of a world gone mad, I like it like that and I know it.
                      - R.E.M.

Comment

Hi folks...just checking in. And...
                        Spoiler:
                        playing with the bluetooth keyboard on my ipad. Freaking' awesome. I am sooo Sam Carter nerdy right now!!!
                        Pol My Blog | My Fanfic | My FaceBook__ Sam: "Jack...please."

Comment

Originally posted by Pol View Post
                          Hi folks...just checking in. And...
                          Spoiler:
                          playing with the bluetooth keyboard on my ipad. Freaking' awesome. I am sooo Sam Carter nerdy right now!!!
                          Yes, well. Just as long as S can be Jack to your inner Sam. Ha ha.

Speaking of which--that totally makes me think of this:

Spoilered for length:

Spoiler:

"So, where you going?"

He'd stopped her in the entry way, next to the couch table that sat underneath the decorative mirror.

"Um--just to the store."

"With a camping chair?" Jack fingered the nylon that composed the carrying case for said apparatus.

Sam grimaced, her nose crinkling at the bridge. "There might be a line."

"A line?" His dark eyes widened before he turned his wrist to look at his watch. "At ten thirty at night?"

"You never know. People like to shop when it's convenient." She grinned--too brightly--and reached past him for the keys on the table top.

He edged over and blocked her. "It's not convenient if there's a line, right?"

"Sometimes it's a necessary evil. Good deals, you know. Hot items."

"Really? Eggs are just flying off the shelves, are they? Folks far and wide lining up for produce?" Jack crossed his arms over his chest and stood his ground.

"Not groceries." Eyeing him, she snuck a hand around his body and snagged the keys. Her face wreathed in triumph, she pocketed them.

"Then what?"

"Stuff."

"Stuff?"

"Good stuff." Seeing that he wasn't impressed, she clarified. "One thing. One really good item."

"That you absolutely have to have tonight?"

"Yeah--and that's another thing." Lifting the chair off the wooden surface, Sam slung the strap over her shoulder. "I might not be home for a while."

"Sam," Jack frowned now, his eyebrows low. "What the sam-hill is going on?"

Pursing her lips, Sam glared at her husband. "I told you it came out tomorrow."

"What came out tomorrow?"

"That thing I wanted. The iPad."

"Can't you just go tomorrow and get one?"

Her blond ponytail bobbled as she shook her head. "They might be gone by then."

"How many people could possibly want this thing?"

"Only everyone." Her eyes widened. "It's supposed to be really cool."

Jack's eyes rolled skyward as he blew out an exasperated breath. Refocusing on his wife, he rocked back on his heels. "And you have to have one tonight?"

"Well, the store starts selling them at midnight."

"And what if I told you that I didn't want you to go?"

"I'd tell you I loved you on my way out."

"Really?"

"Mm-hmm." She tried to look apologetic, but her face still gleamed with excitement.

"And it means that much to you?"

"Yes."

"And you want one that badly."

"Yes."

"Oh well then." He shrugged, then turned around and headed for the coat closet. With a smug grin, he shoved aside his jacket, and then reached further back and pulled out a bag. "Here."

A dimple appeared briefly in her cheek as a speculative sparkle lit her eye. "What's this?"

He handed the bag to her, then shoved his hands into his pockets and shrugged. "That is your husband taking care of you."

She hesitated only for a moment before dropping the camping chair to the floor, raising the bag, and peeking inside.

And then she squealed. And hurtled herself towards him, throwing her one unladen arm around his neck. Kisses rained down around his throat, and ear, and cheek, before finally connecting--quite satisfactorily, he thought, on his mouth. Repetitively. And slightly moistly. Not that he minded.

When she finally pulled away, she stood close, gazing at him in utter adoration. "How?"

"Strings were pulled."

"How many?"

"Many. Many many." He raised his eyebrows. "You'll have to pay me back a lot, young lady."

And her smile--wonderful, wide, luminous--told him that she wouldn't mind at all.

Not one little bit.
                          Last edited by Akamaimom; 27 August 2010, 02:35 PM.
                          sigpic
                          My Stories AO3

Comment

Originally posted by Akamaimom View Post
                            Yes, well. Just as long as S can be Jack to your inner Sam. Ha ha.

Speaking of which--that totally makes me think of this:

Spoilered for length:

Spoiler:

"So, where you going?"

He'd stopped her in the entry way, next to the couch table that sat underneath the decorative mirror.

"Um--just to the store."

"With a camping chair?" Jack fingered the nylon that composed the carrying case for said apparatus.

Sam grimaced, her nose crinkling at the bridge. "There might be a line."

"A line?" His dark eyes widened before he turned his wrist to look at his watch. "At ten thirty at night?"

"You never know. People like to shop when it's convenient." She grinned--too brightly--and reached past him for the keys on the table top.

He edged over and blocked her. "It's not convenient if there's a line, right?"

"Sometimes it's a necessary evil. Good deals, you know. Hot items."

"Really? Eggs are just flying off the shelves, are they? Folks far and wide lining up for produce?" Jack crossed his arms over his chest and stood his ground.

"Not groceries." Eyeing him, she snuck a hand around his body and snagged the keys. Her face wreathed in triumph, she pocketed them.

"Then what?"

"Stuff."

"Stuff?"

"Good stuff." Seeing that he wasn't impressed, she clarified. "One thing. One really good item."

"That you absolutely have to have tonight?"

"Yeah--and that's another thing." Lifting the chair off the wooden surface, Sam slung the strap over her shoulder. "I might not be home for a while."

"Sam," Jack frowned now, his eyebrows low. "What the sam-hill is going on?"

Pursing her lips, Sam glared at her husband. "I told you it came out tomorrow."

"What came out tomorrow?"

"That thing I wanted. The iPad."

"Can't you just go tomorrow and get one?"

Her blond ponytail bobbled as she shook her head. "They might be gone by then."

"How many people could possibly want this thing?"

"Only everyone." Her eyes widened. "It's supposed to be really cool."

Jack's eyes rolled skyward as he blew out an exasperated breath. Refocusing on his wife, he rocked back on his heels. "And you have to have one tonight?"

"Well, the store starts selling them at midnight."

"And what if I told you that I didn't want you to go?"

"I'd tell you I loved you on my way out."

"Really?"

"Mm-hmm." She tried to look apologetic, but her face still gleamed with excitement.

"And it means that much to you?"

"Yes."

"And you want one that badly."

"Yes."

"Oh well then." He shrugged, then turned around and headed for the coat closet. With a smug grin, he lifted out his jacket, and then reached further back and pulled out a bag. "Here."

A dimple appeared briefly in her cheek as a speculative sparkle lit her eye. "What's this?"

He handed the bag to her, then shoved his hands into his pockets and shrugged. "That is your husband taking care of you."

She hesitated only for a moment before dropping the camping chair to the floor, raising the bag, and peeking inside.

And then she squealed. And hurtled herself towards him, throwing her one unladen arm around his neck. Kisses rained down around his throat, and ear, and cheek, before finally connecting--quite satisfactorily, he thought, on his mouth. Repetitively. And slightly moistly. Not that he minded.

When she finally pulled away, she stood close, gazing at him in utter adoration. "How?"

"Strings were pulled."

"How many?"

"Many. Many many." He raised his eyebrows. "You'll have to pay me back a lot, young lady."

And her smile--wonderful, wide, luminous--told him that she wouldn't mind at all.

Not one little bit.
                            You need to write lots and lots and lots more drabbles like this of varying kinds. Pretty please?

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                              You need to write lots and lots and lots more drabbles like this of varying kinds. Pretty please?
                              Awwww. You're sweet.
                              sigpic
                              My Stories AO3

Comment

Jack just looks good all the time. Longish, shortish, scruffy, clean-shaven... yum.
                                sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

Working...
                                X