Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AstraPerAspera View Post
    Lol. This is the second iteration of the thread since I joined in '07. They retired the last one at 10,000 pages....
    Not so much retired as our shippiness broke it! LOL

Comment

Overwhelmed. Our (well, yours, since I wasn't around at the time, yet) shippiness overwhelmed the last thread.

It must have been a 50 weight cotton rather than a densely woven cotton-wrapped polyester thread.

Ha ha ha! Sewer's humor--it packs as much of a punch as Jaffa humor, I would imagine.
      sigpic
      My Stories: FFdotNet
      My Stories AO3
      Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

Originally posted by Akamaimom View Post
        Not so much bloopers as "behind the scenes", I'd say. Their attitudes look pretty "on purpose", don't they?
        Agreed!
        sigpic
        || acrazyobsession on AO3 & Tumblr || My DeviantArt ||

Comment

Originally posted by Nynaeve506 View Post
          I totally understand this!

OT - SMK
          Spoiler:
          I was a member of the old PAX (now ion) forum where we talked about Scarecrow and Mrs. King (one of my other favorite shows...I know! I was only 2 when this show was on, but who can resist Bruce Boxleitner?). Anyway, we killed threads!
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ClassicCouples View Post
            I totally understand this!

OT - SMK
            Spoiler:
            I was a member of the old PAX (now ion) forum where we talked about Scarecrow and Mrs. King (one of my other favorite shows...I know! I was only 2 when this show was on, but who can resist Bruce Boxleitner?). Anyway, we killed threads!
            OT--
            Spoiler:
            Two???

*facepalm*

When I was 2 the original Star Trek hadn't even aired yet...

*totters off to the AARP section of the Thread*
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
              Frankly, you lost me after "Sam's desire for release..."

Oh dear...

*splashes happily*

Lol. Me too. Catching up on posts, home and stoned postaoperatively(minor).

Pol My Blog | My Fanfic | My FaceBook__ Sam: "Jack...please."

Comment

I think Jack needs to work out alittle he is showin his age alittle on SGU Sam is still lookin good though lol
                Hurt & Heal EXTREME come cast your vote PLEASEIts in fun & games go find it!!!!
                sigpic

Comment

OT--
                  Spoiler:
                  Two???

*facepalm*

You have me cracking up! Sorry Can't do anything about the year of my birth.

Originally posted by Cagranosalis
                  Frankly, you lost me after "Sam's desire for release..."

Originally posted by Pol View Post
                  OMG! I forgot Cagranosalis posted that! Loved it. I was catching up just yesterday. Welcome back.
                  sigpic

Comment

Hey ladies and gents! I have a little present. It is a fanfic trailer. The fanfic is written by our very own L.A. Doyle. I know the trailer can't capture the greatness of the fic, but hopefully it will entice you to read it when she posts. I hope you like it! I have a much longer video that is a companion to the fic, but I won't post until after the fic is all posted. Please enjoy!

Beyond the Night Trailer

Comment

Originally posted by pointoforigin View Post
                      I think Stargate is actually a US/Canadian Production, whereas Sactuary seems to be just an Canadian production.
                      But hey - can't they give RDA political asylum for just a couple of episodes??

If it would be in my power I would give him the Austrian citizenship right away.
                      We sent Schwarzenegger over to the US - give us RDA!!!
                      I believe you may be right, that SG is a US/Canadian production, and Sanctuary is Canadian. How it's defined is likely dependent on the funding formula, as opposed to where it's produced. SG is, of course, paid for by MGM, whereas Sanctuary gets a lot of its funding from Canadian sources. I don't know what the ratio of Canadian:nonCanadian funding is required for it to be considered Canadian. I have noticed that they've gotten some of their money from RBC (Royal Bank of Canada). I'm guessing at all of this, by the way, as I really don't know very much about the entertainment business.

In any case, RDA has lived a significant enough portion of his adult life in Canada, that I think he should be considered an honourary Canadian... then maybe we could get him on Sanctuary

Comment

Originally posted by JackandSamAddict View Post
                        Hey ladies and gents! I have a little present. It is a fanfic trailer. The fanfic is written by our very own L.A. Doyle. I know the trailer can't capture the greatness of the fic, but hopefully it will entice you to read it when she posts. I hope you like it! I have a much longer video that is a companion to the fic, but I won't post until after the fic is all posted. Please enjoy!

Beyond the Night Trailer
                        Very impressive! Great job

Comment

I hope you're feeling better!

Two???

*facepalm*

I'll join you there! But hey--at least Sam and Jack are there with us, right? They being "of a certain age. . ."

I think Jack needs to work out alittle he is showin his age alittle on SGU Sam is still lookin good though lol
                          He's still hot to me, but maybe that's just because "old-timers" is setting in.
                          sigpic
                          My Stories: FFdotNet
                          My Stories AO3
                          Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

Association of Angst-Ridden Penguins?

Comment

Originally posted by JenniferJF View Post
                              Association of Angst-Ridden Penguins?
                              There you go, AstraPerAspera! The perfect place!
                              sigpic

Comment

Lol. This is the second iteration of the thread since I joined in '07. They retired the last one at 10,000 pages....
                                We definitely broke the thread. GW couldn't handle 10,000 pages, so they gave us a brand new thread to play in.

Originally posted by IggyMing View Post
                                I believe you may be right, that SG is a US/Canadian production, and Sanctuary is Canadian. How it's defined is likely dependent on the funding formula, as opposed to where it's produced. SG is, of course, paid for by MGM, whereas Sanctuary gets a lot of its funding from Canadian sources. I don't know what the ratio of Canadian:nonCanadian funding is required for it to be considered Canadian. I have noticed that they've gotten some of their money from RBC (Royal Bank of Canada). I'm guessing at all of this, by the way, as I really don't know very much about the entertainment business.
                                I don't know who the investors are, but Sanctuary is independently funded - according to AT, who has apparently done the majority of work to bring about the financing that keeps Sanctuary going. Now that it's on Syfy, I'm not sure about the funding or if she has to work as hard to find investors. She also invested a lot of her own money in Sanctuary.

Comment

Working...
                                X