• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks to Cags and lastrequest, it worked! Forum has its normal size again
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SnowWhite View Post
      Thanks ladies!

So my b/day ep would be........

drumroll please........

Gemini

Season 8 doesn't have a 31st ep so I recounted till I got to 31

Now. I come bearing a ficlet challenge to the good shippers of this thread.

I've always believed that Sam had a crush on Jack long before she actually met him for the first time in the briefing room so....

Sam, in the fairly early stages of her career, along with a female friend/airman, joins the Stargate progam. Getting information on the first trip through the gate, Sam gets facts about Jack O'Neill ,sees pics of him, reads details of some of the heroic work he's done in the past.

What are the thoughts going through her mind and/or the conversation that follows between her and her friend.

Anyone game?

Anyone at all?
      sigpic
      sig by Mada
      As a matter of FIC

Comment

Since there is no 27 episode of season 3 or any episode that aired on a March 27 my birthday SG-1 episode would have to be Chain Reaction and that's not one of my favorites. Now if I wanted to I could take episode 22 of season 3 and go forward 5 episodes and end up at one of my favorites Divide and Conquer which just happens to be the episode where I became a / shipper.

Signs by Scifan and me. | My Forum - Planet TV Role Play | My Fan Fiction | My Mini City - Rygel City

Comment

Happy and Safe
          4th of July
          sigpic

Comment

Sorry for the OT, but since the 'click on the user to send a msg' isn't working for me...
            Spoiler:
            Amy (Gater62), PM me with your offlist email, eh?
            Pol My Blog | My Fanfic | My FaceBook__ Sam: "Jack...please."

Comment

I got a Fourth of July Fic idea rumbling around in my head i just need to figure what the timeline is. I think I might do it after universe season 1. Should be up sometime mid afternoon late evening.

Comment

Question about how you choose fic to read...

Spoiler:
                I myself like to write a variety of fanfic from several fandoms. I also like to read from other fandoms but my tastes are somewhat particular. For example, I only ship S/J so I generally won't read a fic that advertises itself as Daniel/Vala as the main appearance. But more than that, I find myself clicking away from fics I know are well written but because I really want to just read an S/J story (or whatever). There are some really extensive stories out there that delve into the universe and are full of action and adventure...

And I just want an S/J story. I even find when I write that I tend to shy away from the action/adventure side of things, using more as a background plot device than a main story because I'm more of a relational person (I'd rather read two characters having a private conversation over coffee than laying down cover fire).

That's not a criticism of those stories *at all* - because I know that there are plenty of readers who go for that sort of thing and there are lots of incredibly written stories. This is purely a taste thing (hey you like raspberries, I don't kind of thing). I was just wonder if I was an oddball.

Comment

Originally posted by Akamaimom View Post

Of course we're nice! We're Sam/Jack shippers!
                  you make a very valid point

Originally posted by hlndncr View Post
                  The one about team breaking protocol that comes immediately to mind for me is The Fifth Man. Jack is trapped on the planet, surrounded by Jaffa and when the team comes through saying that a mysterious Lt. Tyler is with him, Hammond orders them to stand down and relinquish their weapons. There is a very tense seen in the gateroom as Carter argues with Hammond telling him they will go back. Later the team is confined and Sam goes into the computers searching for evidence of Tyler (I'm not sure this is against orders, but they do it rather seripticiously, which is suspicious). Then when Janet comes to Sam saying she remembers Tyler she convinces Janet not to report it and to continue her investigation because it is the only chance they have of saving Col. O'Neill.
                  Ahh yes, I'd forgotten about that one. Thanks

I love that pic

Originally posted by SnowWhite View Post
                  Glad to help

Originally posted by Nynaeve506 View Post

Spoiler:
                  I myself like to write a variety of fanfic from several fandoms. I also like to read from other fandoms but my tastes are somewhat particular. For example, I only ship S/J so I generally won't read a fic that advertises itself as Daniel/Vala as the main appearance. But more than that, I find myself clicking away from fics I know are well written but because I really want to just read an S/J story (or whatever). There are some really extensive stories out there that delve into the universe and are full of action and adventure...

And I just want an S/J story. I even find when I write that I tend to shy away from the action/adventure side of things, using more as a background plot device than a main story because I'm more of a relational person (I'd rather read two characters having a private conversation over coffee than laying down cover fire).

That's not a criticism of those stories *at all* - because I know that there are plenty of readers who go for that sort of thing and there are lots of incredibly written stories. This is purely a taste thing (hey you like raspberries, I don't kind of thing). I was just wonder if I was an oddball.
                  Choosing fic to read...
                  Spoiler:
                  You're not an oddball at all When writing fiction I like to try and dabble with characters that I don't ship as well as those I do just for the challenge really, but obviously prefer to write about characters I ship - like S/J. I also tend to write more about relationships then I would adventure - purely because I'm bad at writing adventure

However when I come to choosing fics to read I tend to just search for stories about my fave couples. I'm probably similar to you in the way that I prefer relations/dialogue/head-piece fiction, but I will read the occasional action/adventure stuff just because I'm so bad at writing it and there are some amazing writers out there that can get this down to a T. I've found the action stuff tends to be more team involvement which is great when I'm really missing watching Stargate.
                  sigpic
                  ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ my fanfics ~ my twitter ~ teslen thread ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

Comment

Originally posted by Nynaeve506 View Post

Spoiler:

Nope not an oddball!
                    Spoiler:
                    I tend to read mainly S/J ship and team fic, personally. And it greatly depends on my mood. Sometimes a little bit of S/J fic cheers me up (esp if having a crap day!) and other times I'll happily read something random just to try something different. This also relates to the length of the fic - the chapters on FF.net are great for breaking down long stories but similarly, if I just want a bit of fluff I'll avoid ones with great numbers of chapters. Other times I'll prob sit and read 15 in one go.

Also depends on the writer. There are some out there who I could quite easily read anything by them.

Comment

Really cute fic:

Subtle Clues

Comment

Happy 4th of July!!

Thank you to all of America's service men and women, past and present!

Comment

sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

Some shots of our favorite couple in service dress in honor of our nation's past, present, and future servicemen and women (my dad and close friends among them!)

Comment

We need some fireworks too!

sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

Some shots of our favorite couple in service dress in honor of our nation's past, present, and future servicemen and women (my dad and close friends among them!)
                                It's a good thing I was FAR away from all the bases where I grew up. I've ALWAYS been a sucker for military uniforms. Yowza!

And to all my American friends:

Happy 4th of July!

I can still see Sam and Jack lying on a quilt, cooler at the ready. She's resting her head on his chest, and one of his arms is wrapped around her body, the other resting under his head. They're far enough away from the crowd that they're alone, yet close enough to hear the booms of the fireworks. And when the show is over, they continue to lay there, wrapped in each other, just because they can.

sigpic
                                My Stories: FFdotNet
                                My Stories AO3
                                Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

Working...
                                X