Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lastrequest View Post
    Nyaneve506, JenniferJF, & Cagranosalis - thanks so much for your replies, you've been a great help anyone else has any thoughts on my Q feel free to comment too

gosh you're all so nice in here
    The one about team breaking protocol that comes immediately to mind for me is The Fifth Man. Jack is trapped on the planet, surrounded by Jaffa and when the team comes through saying that a mysterious Lt. Tyler is with him, Hammond orders them to stand down and relinquish their weapons. There is a very tense seen in the gateroom as Carter argues with Hammond telling him they will go back. Later the team is confined and Sam goes into the computers searching for evidence of Tyler (I'm not sure this is against orders, but they do it rather seripticiously, which is suspicious). Then when Janet comes to Sam saying she remembers Tyler she convinces Janet not to report it and to continue her investigation because it is the only chance they have of saving Col. O'Neill.

Comment

Well, I'm not going to tell what my age is. But having read all the so far posted posts about age, I can safely say I'm older than all of you.
      But not in spirit! Isn't that where it counts?
      sigpic
      My Stories: FFdotNet
      My Stories AO3
      Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

Originally posted by Akamaimom View Post
        But not in spirit! Isn't that where it counts?
        Definitely. My spirit still thinks of itself as a kid, or maybe somewhere around 30, so I'll go with that. Sometimes my body objects, but it gets over it - usually.
        Last edited by hedwig; 03 July 2010, 08:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Akamaimom View Post
          Yeah. We rock!

I actually started school a little early--I was only 4 when I started kindergarten. I started in one state and then went to another state where the cut off date was different, and ended up being younger than about 25 kids in the next class down. It was a little odd.

Of course we're nice! We're Sam/Jack shippers!
          Forum stuff...
          Spoiler:
          I always just manually typed my tags too - when I was in college we used whatever this forum program is for our Honors college and so I learned.

Age OT
          Spoiler:
          My school age got all messed up when we moved from Germany to Australia and then back to the States. I ended up doing a year and a half of year three (they held me back because I was almost a full two years younger than my peers and while I could handle the work, I was having a lot of social issues - I think I was six or seven?). Then when we came back (the school years are different, Aus: Jan to Dec and US Sept to Jun) I ended up in the middle of fifth grade... and ultimately I ended up a year behind in age to my peers. I was right on for the graduating class of 2001 but I graduated in 2000.

'Er... and to be on topic - S/J are so married!

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
            Holy 3,000 posts batman I just passed 3,000 posts Ill come up with something shippy to celebrate if I can.
            Congrats!

Originally posted by Pol View Post
            Huh.

New thing. I guess if you choose the "Reply" button at the bottom of the post, you get no little "!" symbol for spoilers. You only get that if you hit the "Reply to Thread" button.

I wonder what happens when you MQ?

Nuts.

Testing
            Spoiler:
            Yup.

Edit: Great. The only way you can get the spoiler button now is to hit "Reply to Thread" at the bottom of the screen. If you MQ, if you "Reply with Quote" or "Reply" (the options at the bottom right of the screen) you get no spoiler button.

Oh yeah, that's not gonna get annoying!

If someone has a moment to test it on their end and perhaps report it to the mods? I have to go teach a CPR recert class. I know, stupid me for taking the job for July 4 weekend!

SuperEdit: My apologies for the supreme OffTopicness of this post. Maybe Shannon can toss in some picspam to distract you all? Or...anyone?

It's funny how many things have changed with this forum, I think there is such a thing as too much change

*huggles Pol* The off-topicness is forgiven

You take ur ur month and day and u figure out what season and episode it is. (I.e. 9/16 9 would be season 9 episode 16 would be off the grid) if you want the episode using the year you were born then u just do this (I.e. 1961) so the 61st episode would be A hundred days.
            my birthday episode is Camelot which is meh and my year episode is Threshold which I like but is not one of my favs

sigpic
            Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Comment

Comment

Comment

Oooh gorgeous pic spam! Good stuff!

My birthday ep is Evolution Part 2. Is it part 1 or part 2 where Sam and Jack share that lovely scene where he tells her he's going after Daniel? Please say its part 2....

Comment

Ugh! My birthday eps are Need and Watergate Just totally meh
                    sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

Originally posted by Kate1013 View Post
                      Oooh gorgeous pic spam! Good stuff!

My birthday ep is Evolution Part 2. Is it part 1 or part 2 where Sam and Jack share that lovely scene where he tells her he's going after Daniel? Please say its part 2....
                      ohhhhh Evolution Part 2
                      I love the ending of this episode!!!!!!!!!!!!
                      sigpic
                      My vids Sig made by me

Comment

My birthday episode is "Shades of Gray". Great angst!
                        sigpic
                        Thank you Astra Per Aspera for the sig....... My Fan Fiction

Comment

Originally posted by XFchemist View Post
                          ohhhhh Evolution Part 2
                          I love the ending of this episode!!!!!!!!!!!!
                          Me too! There's great commentry on this ep by AT as well. Esp that scene

Comment

Originally posted by Kate1013 View Post
                            Me too! There's great commentry on this ep by AT as well. Esp that scene
                            I'm currently watching SGA, "Tabula Rasa". When it's done, I think I'll watch Evolution, p.2 and listen to the commentary.
                            Last edited by hedwig; 03 July 2010, 11:04 AM.

Comment

Mine is Prophesy...
                              sigpic
                              Big thanks to josi for avi and sig

Comment

You take ur ur month and day and u figure out what season and episode it is. (I.e. 9/16 9 would be season 9 episode 16 would be off the grid) if you want the episode using the year you were born then u just do this (I.e. 1961) so the 61st episode would be A hundred days.
                                so my b-day ep is 'the last stand'. by year, it's 'crystal scull'.

neither one is one of my faves, but they both have some nice s/j and/or sam scenes.
                                sally

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X