No announcement yet.

Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OMG! I was just going to type something similar! Lol.
    Well, great minds and all that. . .
    sigpic
    My Stories: FFdotNet
    My Stories AO3
    Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

Originally posted by Everlovin View Post
      Sam, When I said a two-Story, I didn't mean THIS
      sorry Jack but the realtor said this is all they had.
      we need a new realtor.

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
        Sam, When I said a two-Story, I didn't mean THIS
        sorry Jack but the realtor said this is all they had.
        we need a new realtor.
        Hehe!
        "Are you like, a crazy person?"
        "I am quite sure they will say so."

Comment

Originally posted by JenniferJF View Post
          I think Daniel's reaction would be more along the lines of either, "Gawd, about time!" or "Really?... Oh... Kay.... Cool, I guess." I can't see an adult really being overly jealous about a male friend starting a relationship (especially as I don't think SG1 did a *whole* lot of off duty things together - I got the impression everyone dropping by in Lost City was unusual), or about a female friend he's *not* secretly in love with doing so either. Just thinking about situations like that from RL I've known in which two people in a group of friends hooked up, it was generally considered a good thing by the rest of us because we didn't really lose time with either of them to another group of people the way you tend to if someone is dating someone 'outside'. I think the Harry Potter scenario was very different in that I think those three were far closer together - not necessarily in real feelings or commitment to each other but the kids in Harry Potter literally lived together and spent nearly every waking moment together and were each others family. As I've said, I never got the feeling SG1 spent very much time off-duty together regardless of how close they were as a team and didn't really consider each other 'family' in quite the same way.

If Sam and Jack had gotten together when they were still on SG1 I think it would have been more of an issue and there would have been a sense of harming the sense of *team* and a resulting sense of betrayal. But of course, they didn't and couldn't have done that because it's against regulations partly because it would unbalance the team. Getting together was only possible after they were no longer working directly together so there was no longer really any 'team' to be hurt in that way.

So I think in general Daniel would simply be happy his two friends were happy ... though find it a bit weird to think of them *that way*... but sort of shrug and hope for the best for both of them and eventually stop finding any Public Displays of Affection between them a bit creepy.
          If I could green I could. I agree with this I think it's fanon that has them hanging out and doing a lot outside of the base. Sure they *did* stuff together (in my head a lot like co-workers going to happy hour or having a pizza together every now and again). You get close to your co-workers - that's how inter-office drama happens because everyone's talking about their personal lives at work. And yet... we don't see each other much outside the office even though I probably know more about most of these people than their spouses do. No, we're not a tight knit combat group but I think the principle is the same.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post

Sooo
              Uh. Oops.
              "Oops"? Carter...
              Well...to be fair, Sir...you did say to–
              I meant to hang it up at home!
              Like I said...ooops.
              Pol My Blog | My Fanfic | My FaceBook__ Sam: "Jack...please."

Comment

6th Penguins Challenge: made an artwork based on this quote

Do you believe in hallucinations?
                Silly dreams or Imagination?
                Don't go away 'cause I feel you this time
                Don't go away 'cause I need you here this time

Join us on: http://penguinschallenge.webs.com/

I planned to make a shorter vid for the challenge but I really love this song (she is an amazing Italian singer, go to listen to her songs!) and so I wasn't able to cut the song more than this.
                And I believe that my muse talked with DM's one 'cause the vid turned out angsty. Moreover I had a rough week in the RL and I found myself crying while I was making this vid...but I hope that you like it nonetheless!

sigpic
                My vids Sig made by me

Comment

Originally posted by XFchemist View Post

I planned to make a shorter vid for the challenge but I really love this song (she is an amazing Italian singer, go to listen to her songs!) and so I wasn't able to cut the song more than this.
                  And I believe that my muse talked with DM's one 'cause the vid turned out angsty. Moreover I had a rough week in the RL and I found myself crying while I was making this vid...but I hope that you like it nonetheless!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E17XW2uU4p8

Oooh, I love that song... *sniff* Very nice work.
                  The Von MajorSam Family Singers debut CD... Coming soon

^^Sam/Jack^^
                  |||Official Member of the Chevron Guy Fan Club||

Comment

Very nice video.
                    No Sam w/o a Jack and no Jack w/o a Sam.
                    It's like and immutable law of the multiverse.

Comment

So I was watching Tok'ra Part 1. When Hammond goes to visit Jacob in the hospital you can hear them paging Dr. Shanahan in the background. Think Pete has a relative who works as a Dr. in the Springs?

Comment

Originally posted by trupi View Post
                        Right now any news is good news for me. Thanks for the info.

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                        that's lovely and *so* them to me!
                        Thanks

And did I mention that I love your avatar and sig.

Originally posted by Seahen View Post
                        You know, until recently, I'd say no, as I wouldn't have seen Jack as the texting type. But my dad (not exactly a techie gadget guy), since getting a new phone with texting, texts my mom constantly! It cracks me up. So yes, I could see it.

Watcha doing?
                        You're in a meeting aren't you.
                        They think Im checking the status of important missions over my blackberry. I love this thing. I can play solitare!
                        ; )

Oh, and on the discussion of whether Daniel would have a "talk" with Jack about Sam, I actually think it would be the other way around. Daniel is best friends with Jack, so I could actually see him warning Sam not to hurt Jack. But that's just me.
                        LOL.

Exactly what they'd text

What's going on with G/W. When posting and I get to the lower portion it's like the page is fighting me. Anyone else having this problem?
                        sigpic
                        sig by Mada
                        As a matter of FIC

Comment

Im havin problems trying to click my name so I can see my profile bit it sens me to a page that says this : "Fatal error: Class 'vBCms_Route_List' not found in /home/gwforum/public_html/member.php on line 567"

Comment

Originally posted by trinity3 View Post
                            What's going on with G/W. When posting and I get to the lower portion it's like the page is fighting me. Anyone else having this problem?
                            Constantly.

If you have something called "compatibility view", you can fix that temporarily. It can be found at the top of the screen in Internet Explorer right next to the refresh button (left of it; it looks like a torn page). I have no idea what's causing this problem, but it seems to pop up frequently when I try to post a comment. grrrrrr.

Originally posted by Lt.ColonelJohnShepard
                            Im havin problems trying to click my name so I can see my profile bit it sens me to a page that says this : "Fatal error: Class 'vBCms_Route_List' not found in /home/gwforum/public_html/member.php on line 567"
                            This is a problem caused by a recent software upgrade on GW. The mods know about it and are working with the company who provided the software upgrade to get it fixed. Sadly, it is unknown how long that will take.
                            Last edited by hedwig; 25 June 2010, 01:47 PM.

Comment

sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

Beautiful vid, sad... but beautiful

Originally posted by Everlovin View Post
                                http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg103/ousuisje/SG%20fangurl%20stuff/Jack%20Sam/normal_sg1_406_690.jpg
                                *drools* It's been a while since I've been caught off guard by WoO kiss.

*drools some more*
                                sigpic
                                Big thanks to josi for avi and sig

Comment

Working...
                                X