Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn View Post
    LOL!!! I find this so petty on the part of the complaining readers. I agree with what everyone has said about using discretion in picking fics. But I'll also point out one thing: your lovely, in-character, so well written fic was less than 500 words!!! It's not like you lead them on for pages and pages...then threw some unexpected ship in there. It was pretty clear what it was from the first graph (the location where it takes place)...and it only took a few minutes to read!

* shakes head at some people's decisions to rag on a wonderful writer about a great story *
    I'm going to go over here and blush LOL. You're so sweet! :: huggles Melissa ::

I've just been stressed out so I'm a little more irritable lately. But everyone here has been so good at making me feel much better.

:: huggles thread ::

Now I'm going to bed before my Ambient makes me anymore giggly and fluffy.

Comment

Originally posted by Nynaeve506 View Post
      I'm going to go over here and blush LOL. You're so sweet! :: huggles Melissa ::

I've just been stressed out so I'm a little more irritable lately. But everyone here has been so good at making me feel much better.

:: huggles thread ::

Now I'm going to bed before my Ambient makes me anymore giggly and fluffy.
      RL has a tendency to make us all irritable from time to time. But I have just loaded a bunch of new (to me) stories from the S/J fic recs thread onto the e-reader...which means lots of new bedtime stories!

Hugs to all! Good night, Ship Family!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
        Jack calls Sam by her first time 11times than Sam called Jack by his first name. She called him Jack only like 8 times.
        Hahaha! I love that we count and list these things.

Comment

Goodnight shippers!!

sigpic
          Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Comment

Hiya, I'm back! Loving all the discussion about the ep which I just watched ('course, Tammy was texting me during the ep, so...)

Anyway, just sayin' hey snd I'll catch up on the discussion, but...Sam and Jack are soooooo together.

"I'm sorry Sam."

Yeah, baby.
            Pol My Blog | My Fanfic | My FaceBook__ Sam: "Jack...please."

Comment

Hiya, I'm back! Loving all the discussion about the ep which I just watched ('course, Tammy was texting me during the ep, so...)

Anyway, just sayin' hey snd I'll catch up on the discussion, but...Sam and Jack are soooooo together.

"I'm sorry Sam."

Yeah, baby.
              Welcome back!
              sigpic
              My Stories: FFdotNet
              My Stories AO3
              Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

Originally posted by Pol View Post

"I'm sorry Sam."

Yeah, baby.
                Your reaction to those texts was almost as entertaining as the episode itself .LOL! Almost. Because there was
                Spoiler:
                Jack smacking down Young. And 'I'm sorry, Sam'.
                sigpic
                Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

Nice list
                  Can't believe Jack hasn't called Sam "Sam" since Serpent's Song

Does it count if one of them probably can't hear it anymore?
                  Because I rewatched "The Nox" recently and Sam screams "Jack" when he's hit by the staff weapon.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SnowWhite View Post
                    Nice list

Because I rewatched "The Nox" recently and Sam screams "Jack" when he's hit by the staff weapon.
                    She yells Colonel after he's hit.
                    sigpic
                    I used to trek amongst the stars, now I gate to them

Comment

Nice list

What's significant - IMHO - isn't when he calls her 'Sam' early in the series. There's absolutely nothing wrong with a senior officer calling a junior by their first name. What's significant is the sudden stop after Serpent's Song, giving credence to the theory his using 'Carter' or her rank exclusively becomes a sort of barrier between them as a reminder of the professional nature of their relationship.

Much in the same way, really, as her saying 'Sir' every 5 words. It is - btw - less acceptable for a junior to refer to a senior by their first name and is generally only done after the senior gives permission and in relative privacy amongst those who work closely together.

Comment

ook.. I'm really sorry! Last night my confused, shippery brain was convinced she said "Jack" in Nox, but it was Colonel
                        Perhaps it was simply to late for my mind to work properly..
                        sigpic

Comment

ook.. I'm really sorry! Last night my confused, shippery brain was convinced she said "Jack" in Nox, but it was Colonel
                          Perhaps it was simply to late for my mind to work properly..
                          Or just wishful thinking.
                          sigpic
                          Thank you Astra Per Aspera for the sig....... My Fan Fiction

Comment

Originally posted by gater62 View Post
                            Wishful thinking is good
                            sigpic
                            Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Comment

Originally posted by gater62 View Post
                              I'm glad to be able to tell that my brain also works in the middle of the night!

For some reason I watched in German and "German Sam" does scream "Jack!" *biggrin* (First time I like the translation )
                              sigpic

Comment

I'm glad to be able to tell that my brain also works in the middle of the night!

For some reason I watched in German and "German Sam" does scream "Jack!" *biggrin* (First time I like the translation )
                                Not the first time the translations have erred on the side of ship. In Solitudes Jacks calls "Sam" instead of "Sara".
                                sigpic
                                Thank you Astra Per Aspera for the sig....... My Fan Fiction

Comment

Working...
                                X