Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LadyGalaxyJ View Post
    I find that it's always when you have nothing to do that you don't find what else to do.

Yes, I usually need a day to calm down. The first day after a stressful time I'm often to lazy to do something, but still run on so much adrenalin that I can't concentrate on anything.

Originally posted by Lucycat View Post
    I tend to read fanfic during my lunch break at work... and sometimes get so caught up that 2 hours have gone by!! Staying a little later is usually worth it, though!

On the other note, I have a hard time reading on my laptop in bed... I tend to stay at my desk. If it gets late, sometimes I'll print it out on a hard copy and read in bed like a book... so much easier for me! As for reading on my phone... mine isn't that sophisticated, I'm lucky I can read a text! But that's probably a good thing for me... I wouldn't get anything done!
    I know it's really an antiquated way to do this, but I print out the stories I like most. This way I can be sure they don't get lost if a site isn't available anymore.

Hope they day picks up for you!
    Nearly time to go to bed anyway.
    Last edited by Lilac736; 02 January 2011, 08:47 AM.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LadyGalaxyJ View Post
      And I thought I was babbling a lot - having signed up in July and closing 1200. Jann, you beat me on that.
      What can I say: I'm gifted lol

Originally posted by HolyAngelQueenSG-1 View Post
      New series is SG-1 Episodes ??????? Where???
      No. I was talking about 2006, when I joined GateWorld.
      Originally posted by Kate1013 View Post
      Ooh I know the feeling! Every so often I end up staying up late just to finish a fic or two - its such a bad habit!
      I do that too...explains why I went to bed at 3:30 am yesterday evening.

On the other note, I have a hard time reading on my laptop in bed... I tend to stay at my desk. If it gets late, sometimes I'll print it out on a hard copy and read in bed like a book... so much easier for me! As for reading on my phone... mine isn't that sophisticated, I'm lucky I can read a text! But that's probably a good thing for me... I wouldn't get anything done!
      Re bolded: I actually love doing that. I love being in my bed and just read fanfic or computer in there. It's nice and relaxing for me...plus it is probably also the only time I'm truly alone and thus can read without other people distracting me.

I also print fanfiction but I used to do that because I went on vacation to places where they didn't had internet and thus I would print some stuff to keep myself sane. I haven't printed a fic in over a year though.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lilac736 View Post
        I know it's really an antiquated way to do this, but I print out the stories I like most. This ways I can be sure they don't get lost if a site isn't available anymore.
        I would probably do that ... until I think of the amount of paper it would take to print out the ones I like best. And then I cringe ... a lot. And go back to reading on my computer. Or transferring it to the little Sony pocket eReader I got last spring; it works great (so far).

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
          I would probably do that ... until I think of the amount of paper it would take to print out the ones I like best. And then I cringe ... a lot. And go back to reading on my computer. Or transferring it to the little Sony pocket eReader I got last spring; it works great (so far).
          Oh, I'm all for saving paper. I print two pages on one and use the back side, too. And I save only the ones I really like. You know the ones you read again and again.
          Last edited by Lilac736; 02 January 2011, 09:03 AM.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by trinity3 View Post
            Happy New Year Shippers!!!!!

They had no need for clocks or watches. Jack had promised that if they just hung out on the back porch they would know when the new year had arrived, so Sam took him at his word.

She had to admit to herself that she was a bit reluctant to see this year go - it had brought with it many wonderful things - top of that list being Jack O'Neill - brought him to her in ways that she had only dreamt about for so many years.

A loud crack in the distance brought her back to the moment. Jack smiled at her and nodded skyward. "Look."

As Sam looked up she saw the fireworks cracking in the dark night sky: the new year being heralded in by the colourful display. With her eyes still in the heavens, Jack drew closer to Sam, turning her gently to face him. His eyes studied Sam for a moment, as though he too was grateful for what the old year had brought.

Just before he kissed her, Jack wished Sam, "Happy New Year."

As Sam was willingly pulled into the kiss, the sweetness of Jack's mouth reminded her of the potential this new year held. Suddenly she wasn't sure whether the warmth at the pit of her stomach was due to the suductive kiss or the year ahead.

Either way, she was going with it - Happy New Year - Yeah baby!

Happy New Year Shippers!!!!!!!!!!
            Great mini-fic!

Originally posted by myblackrose View Post
            Hello shippers!

Woah it's been a while... *blows dust off account*

According to my CP, my last Sam/Jack post was on page 3000 and something of the old thread - yikes! Vintage!

How is everyone? RL swallowed me for a couple of years but my life has settled a little and I've been reunited with my Stargate box sets and my love of fanfic... it's a good feeling
            Welcome back! Nice to meet you

Originally posted by Fluffy17 View Post
            I spend far too many hours reading fanfic, when really I should be doing something else - like housework. I feel these wonderful people have put so much effort into it the least I can do is read it

Happy New Year everyone - and here's to THE film being given the green light
            That's a nice way to look at it! I will think about this, the next time I'm sitting at my desk, trying to do some paperwork, reading fanfiction instead. I'm doing my duty to all the fanfic authors after all.
            That's how I'll look at it from now on, it is my duty!

I've never printed any fanfics, I fear if I start I'm going to want to print every single one that I read
            sigpic
            Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Comment

Happy New Year Shippers! I'm home from my trip across the country and finally getting caught up. I'm still about fifteen pages behind but I'm going to try hard to not skip anything.

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
              Personally, (and I don't mean this unkindly), I don't think Amanda has a clue as to what sort of relationship Jack and Sam are in at the present, and nothing she has to say is in any way setting us up for the third movie. She said awhile back that she had never seen a script for the third movie, and it's highly unlikely she has seen anything yet for a third movie, since it still hasn't been greenlit. So, in my opinion, she's just speculating on possibilities, just like she always has. She really knows nothing more than any of us do.

And I honestly don't think anybody else in the production part or script part would be setting anybody up to be hopeful or to dash anybody's hopes for confirmation.

Okay. There. You can throw jello at me, if you want.
              From what I've seen and read of actors talking about their movies and shows, I think they are not as "into" it as they appear to be. (probably why it's called "acting" ) Certainly not as much as we (obsessed) fans are! Plus, by this time, they've all moved on to other things.

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
              as long as it SHOWS sam and jack as a couple, i'll be really, really, really, really, and, uh, really good with that!!

i can guess if they got married, i can guess how long they've been together, but i CAN'T guess they're together! tv is a visual medium, so pleeeeeeeeeeeease show sam and jack together as a couple!!

~i love sam/jack. my fave couple of all time. yes, i've been around since the dawn of time. ~
              I'm rooting right along side you! Re: the bolded stuff, you hit the nail right on the head! My feelings exactly!

Originally posted by hlndncr View Post
              They left us a few hints, but they included a lot of miscues as well and that's what really annoys me. I choose to ignore those of course, but I almost wish they would have just let things be after Season 8. (But in my world S9 and S10 don't exist, unless I want them too. So all good in my little fantasy land. )
              I feel that way too. For me, Moebius started an alternate timeline and Continuum reset it all back. I know it's illogical but that's how I like to look at it.

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
              i seem to be stuck in this negative 'we'll never get confirmation that sam and jack got together' vibe. i can't seem to bring myself out of it...

((()))

You can believe! You can believe!

Comment

Like these Wedding emoticons, how cute!
                Yup.. I think very cute. I remember is: New three movie back old SG-1 mean is Stargate : Revolation. Jack do it married Sam by Episode "200".

~HolyAngelQueenSG-1~

Comment

Starlover said No. I was talking about 2006, when I joined GateWorld.
                  oh yeah...

~HolyAngelQueenSG-1~

Comment

Originally posted by starlover View Post
                    Uhu, and not to be too nostalgic or anything but during that time we also still had new SG-1 episodes and had the whole rewatching the series in this thread too. One episode a week; including artwork etc.
                    Relive the nostalgia! We begin our Season 8 rewatch on the Discussion Thread next week. Complete with lovely banners, great reviews, and fabulous insights into the relationship of our favorite couple.

COME JOIN US!!!!!

If you'd like to make art for Season 8 go over to the Ship Family Art Thread now to sign up.

And it's not too late to volunteer to review an episode yourself! Just PM Josiane today with your preferences. I'm sure she can fit you in. No experience necessary!! It's fun and easy, and like reading fanfic, it might just be your duty as a true shipper!

How's that for a plug?

Comment

Originally posted by UhSir View Post

I feel that way too. For me, Moebius started an alternate timeline and Continuum reset it all back. I know it's illogical but that's how I like to look at it.
                      I think it's better not think too much about alternate or different timelines. You can almost always find a plothole or some inconsistencies. They are just so confusing.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Kate1013 View Post
                        Ooh I know the feeling! Every so often I end up staying up late just to finish a fic or two - its such a bad habit!
                        But you are not alone, I constantly fall asleep with my laptop still running only to wake up after hours with a crick in the neck...
                        I tend to read fanfic during my lunch break at work... and sometimes get so caught up that 2 hours have gone by!! Staying a little later is usually worth it, though!
                        Ok awesome, good to know that I'm not alone in my chronic fanfic-crack habit I was even reading it on the bus.. *needs help badly*

A rewatch sounds awesome! Curse me and my not having all the seasons

Comment

Originally posted by myblackrose View Post
                          A rewatch sounds awesome! Curse me and my not having all the seasons
                          The person doing the review should give a synopsis of the plot, and you wouldn't be the only one commenting from memory. So don't let that stop you from joining us!

And if you want to vary your reading habits there are reviews and discussions of every episode through season 7 on the discussion thread. I spent many a happy hour going through them.

Comment

And if you want to vary your reading habits there are reviews and discussions of every episode through season 7 on the discussion thread. I spent many a happy hour going through them.
                            True. ;DD I spent hours there too! It's really interesting to read. ^^

Oh and... a bit of maths.
                            + =
                            sigpic
                            Live Peace. Speak Kindness. Dwell in possibility.
                            My Livejournal. | My fanfictions. | My videos. | My twitter.
                            Beautiful avi and sig are birthday presents fom josiane!

Comment

The person doing the review should give a synopsis of the plot, and you wouldn't be the only one commenting from memory. So don't let that stop you from joining us!

I am THERE!

Comment

Relive the nostalgia! We begin our Season 8 rewatch on the Discussion Thread next week. Complete with lovely banners, great reviews, and fabulous insights into the relationship of our favorite couple.

COME JOIN US!!!!!

If you'd like to make art for Season 8 go over to the Ship Family Art Thread now to sign up.

And it's not too late to volunteer to review an episode yourself! Just PM Josiane today with your preferences. I'm sure she can fit you in. No experience necessary!! It's fun and easy, and like reading fanfic, it might just be your duty as a true shipper!

How's that for a plug?
                                I've been in that thread...we actually started the rewatch in this(or the previous) one and this is like the 3th or 4th time going through it . The first time we made wallpapers etc. I know Jenn made a lot of things for the episodes. Almost like a whole picture guide/commentary. It was awesome!

I just am more the person to have fun about an episode than to go in depth. I've done several reviews and they're fun to do, but it normally goes too deep for me!

I like appreciating the ship with discussion on the side, more!

Still for people who like discussing the ship, that's the perfect thread for them!!!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X