Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn View Post
    July 28! It's a Thursday this year. As usual, I'll be taking a vacation day that day.
    Busy July OT
    Spoiler:
    I'm just glad that I'll be there. I'm leaving for three weeks in Europe on the 6th of July, getting back on the 24th, then leaving for a youth retreat in Wyoming on July 30. Thankfully, Ship Day falls right inbetween.
    sigpic
    The Return of King Arthur
    Trust in the Lord with all your heart; lean not on your own understanding. In all of ways
    acknowledge him, and he'll make your path straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

Comment

Originally posted by Nynaeve506 View Post
      I'm basing my stuff off my dad who was a C-130 pilot. He actually told me a bunch of the guys he worked with wanted to fly and just needed a degree so they went with whatever they could get done fastest and easiest (my dad enlisted and then went to OTS so likely most of them were taking night classes). My dad preferred the sciences himself and he's always had a bit of a need to prove himself (to himself). What the actual stats are, I have no idea. Mine's just anecdotal, like I said.

You're right about the comm stuff - I used to get my dad to grammar check my papers for me when I was in school
      True, you don't have to have a specific degree for a lot of AF career fields. But the AF does likes engineering degrees. So yeah, he could have soemthing else. I just could buy a Civil degree. I knew quite a few AF pilots who have Civil degrees. They have a pretty good program at the Academy.

Comment

I hate to be a snot guys, but that's an illegal download since it's apparently part of the whole episode. Please don't post the link here or share it with the GW system.

What you do with your private e-mail is your business.
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Nynaeve506 View Post
          There was talk that props put up an Engineering degree - but that doesn't seem quite like "Jack". I've always thought he'd have a poli sci major with his masters in public admin. Or an English degree. LOL
          I'm almost certain it was an engineering degree. I think either Chopin Gal or tsaxlady saw it while on a studio tour...

But I could be wrong...
          Originally posted by SamJackShipper93 View Post
          Busy July OT
          Spoiler:
          I'm just glad that I'll be there. I'm leaving for three weeks in Europe on the 6th of July, getting back on the 24th, then leaving for a youth retreat in Wyoming on July 30. Thankfully, Ship Day falls right inbetween.
          Yeah...I hope to be flying to Vancouver on the 29th...but I'll be in front of the lappie on the 28th!

Oh...and:

+ =

Comment

lll
            Sweet Dreams, Ship Family!!!

Comment

a beautiful vid from my friend akachan!

sigpic
              My vids Sig made by me

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                I hate to be a snot guys, but that's an illegal download since it's apparently part of the whole episode. Please don't post the link here or share it with the GW system.

No worries Thanks for the head's up!

Originally posted by Seahen View Post
                True, you don't have to have a specific degree for a lot of AF career fields. But the AF does likes engineering degrees. So yeah, he could have soemthing else. I just could buy a Civil degree. I knew quite a few AF pilots who have Civil degrees. They have a pretty good program at the Academy.
                Yes, yes they do and it could be a civil engineering (and the engineering degree is definitely supported by the props department).

On another note - I don't think Jack went to the Academy - who was it that had laid out the way we think he did it? Pol? >.< Ah we don't obsess much do we??

Anyway - good to see you 'round here again

Comment

Thanks for the tip. I didn't know at the time when I asked for a clip.
                  sigpic

Comment

Wow, great vid with great effects!! It absolutely matches the quote *angsty*
                    sigpic

Comment

*spies old timers and smiles*

I'm going to steadfastly ignore the whole SGU discussion (including the couple of pesky bits that eluded the spoiler tags somehow ) as I am still trying desperately to remain spoiler free - completely and totally spoiler free - for SGU. Spoiler free is a completely new experience for me and one I am loving so, thank you to all of you who have respected the handful of us not in the U.S. who are trying to do so. I will admit I was on YT last night umming and aahing about clicking on those illegal uploads because I'm too impatient to wait until Tuesday... but I didn't because, well, they're not supposed to be there and I don't want to encourage them really. And the quality won't be the same as watching it on the TV so why ruin it when I can enjoy it as it was intended.

XFChemist, I know I have about a ton of feedback to leave you on your videos on YT and I keep meaning to catch up but...ack, RL and all that. Thank you, as always, for sharing both your videos and those of your equally talented friend.

And Welcome IggyMing Newcomers eh! Just goes to show how Awesome Sam and Jack are.

And while I am here:

Artwork by Oma-1

The Shipper rewatch over at the discussion thread for season 5 ends mid July. Not the shippiest of seasons but it's been truly enlightening to see how much ship we can find in such and ship-lite season!
                      We're just going to carry right on through with Season 6 starting around 12th July at two per week until the end of September. I've already had a few people express interest in writing up reviews and thank you to everyone who has already volunteered. If anyone else wants to get involved - even if only to do one episode - please can you drop me a PM with the following information:

What episodes you'd prefer to do? (As some people have volunteered already it's first come first serve so I can't gaurantee you will get the episodes you really want but I will try and divvy up the shippier ones as fairly as I can around everyone's availability. )

What episodes you defintely don't want to do?

Any dates you can't do?

<--- am I the only one who thinks it's awesome this is the official GW smiley for love?
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
                        *spies old timers and smiles*

I'm going to steadfastly ignore the whole SGU discussion (including the couple of pesky bits that eluded the spoiler tags somehow ) as I am still trying desperately to remain spoiler free - completely and totally spoiler free - for SGU. Spoiler free is a completely new experience for me and one I am loving so, thank you to all of you who have respected the handful of us not in the U.S. who are trying to do so.

*snip*
                        Yeah, that's pretty much why I stay away.

Comment

If you guys happen to find ONLY that scene, I don't think we'll have an issue with that. It's the fact that that link led to part 3 of 4, and since it was over 10 minutes, i'm pretty sure it was the whole episode.
                          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

If you guys happen to find ONLY that scene, I don't think we'll have an issue with that. It's the fact that that link led to part 3 of 4, and since it was over 10 minutes, i'm pretty sure it was the whole episode.
                            SGU
                            Spoiler:

I never watched SGU, but I was really curious about "Jack says Sam"!!!! So this is the link from yt: [<snip>
                            ...I don't know if I can put the link...but it's not the whole episode

ETA: Fraid not. that's the one that's part of the whole episode.

what would be okay is if it's a short bit, like a minute or less, containing that scene
                            Last edited by Skydiver; 06 June 2010, 10:16 AM.
                            sigpic
                            My vids Sig made by me

Comment

Rude story reviewer rant... mild, vague SGU spoilers (I try to stay away from anything specific)

Spoiler:
                              So I wrote my little one-shot on S/J from the SGU episode and TWO - yes TWO - people decide to take umbrage with something. The first one dissed SGU in the review (said nothing about my story and I was half tempted to report them as SPAM, but didn't - instead I replied and said if they didn't like the show, don't watch it. The second one criticized me because I labeled my story Hurt/Comfort/Family but they weren't shippers and had expected a friendship fic. I replied that it's featuring Sam/Jack (I list the characters) and that had it been friendship, I would have used the "Friendship" tag :: headdesk ::

I wrote them as married. Last I checked that made them family. Just because our SG-1 team FEELS like family doesn't mean they ARE family. And it certainly wasn't a ROMANCE piece. Yes, the person is entitled to their opinion, but really, can't you focus on the story instead of your expectations?? I wasn't going to engage them in a "are they aren't they" debate because hey, if you want to ignore the story line, be my guest, just don't expect me to humor you.

[/rant]

Hmph.

Hey anyone got Jenn's Moebius gif? I totally want to watch Jack goose Sam just to feel better about myself.

Comment

Spoiler:
                                So I wrote my little one-shot on S/J from the SGU episode and TWO - yes TWO - people decide to take umbrage with something. The first one dissed SGU in the review (said nothing about my story and I was half tempted to report them as SPAM, but didn't - instead I replied and said if they didn't like the show, don't watch it. The second one criticized me because I labeled my story Hurt/Comfort/Family but they weren't shippers and had expected a friendship fic. I replied that it's featuring Sam/Jack (I list the characters) and that had it been friendship, I would have used the "Friendship" tag :: headdesk ::

I wrote them as married. Last I checked that made them family. Just because our SG-1 team FEELS like family doesn't mean they ARE family. And it certainly wasn't a ROMANCE piece. Yes, the person is entitled to their opinion, but really, can't you focus on the story instead of your expectations?? I wasn't going to engage them in a "are they aren't they" debate because hey, if you want to ignore the story line, be my guest, just don't expect me to humor you.
                                Spoiler:
                                I TOTALLY agree with you. I haven't had any people spamming on FF.net, but I've had some people take offense at my (advertised) Sam/Jack stories when they are in a relationship--or even when there's a HINT of ship. In "The Price of One", I was loftily informed that I should write in the summary that it would be "shippy". If the summary reads, "Sam/Jack"--chances are, there will be shippy overtones, IMO. There isn't a way to list characters as 1) more than two, and 2) "Team". Perhaps there would be more opportunity to "warn" people if that were fixed.

And I loved the one-shot. It was beautiful. Thanks!
                                sigpic
                                My Stories: FFdotNet
                                My Stories AO3
                                Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

Working...
                                X