No announcement yet.

Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Without the power from the armband Sam would be unable to resist the urge to "fix" Jack's sticky-up hair.

Comment

Borrowing UhSir's randomness to write this, 'cause it popped into my head when I saw the pic...

Will not look at her neck. Will not look at her neck. Will not loo...ooh, she bent her head, now the neck is even longer. Crap. Will not look at–

...[technobabble, then...] ...is that what you'd recommend? (beat) Sir?

NECK! (long pause) I mean, uh. No. Yes. Wait...what was the question?

okay, it was funnier in my head.

And, FF OT:
      Spoiler:
      Sorry, this is JAG FF OT, so...
      Spoiler:
      I've now read two stories in a row (by different authors) where they refer to Mac's idea of a perfect wedding being a hilltop with a chaplain to officiate and goats as witnesses. Anyone have any idea when that was referred to in canon? I'm scratching my head in puzzlement. <g>

Thx!!
      Pol My Blog | My Fanfic | My FaceBook__ Sam: "Jack...please."

Comment

Originally posted by Pol View Post
        And, FF OT:
        Spoiler:
        Sorry, this is JAG FF OT, so...
        Spoiler:
        I've now read two stories in a row (by different authors) where they refer to Mac's idea of a perfect wedding being a hilltop with a chaplain to officiate and goats as witnesses. Anyone have any idea when that was referred to in canon? I'm scratching my head in puzzlement. <g>

Thx!!
        JAG OT
        Spoiler:
        Goats?! GOATS?! :: blinks :: :: blinks :: Maybe there's some weird part of fanon...? I've watched all the way through the beginning of S. 9 and I haven't seen anything with goats... or a hilltop for that matter but I'm still stuck on the goats.

Rep OT
        Spoiler:
        I've never been on any forum where the red doesn't get abused. In college because I had views that were unpopular my posts would get dinged automatically even though I phrased them thoughtfully. *sigh*

Eek - gotta go to work. But I'll be thinking of Sam/Jack while I'm there. How sad is it when I do crossword puzzles and I see clues and I can only think of Stargate answers and I *know* that's not the right answer but I keep thinking it anyway?

Comment

Originally posted by UhSir View Post
          ((hugs))
          Not a rebuttal, just a tangent I think...
          Actions speak louder than thoughts. Maybe I only notice the more confident men and maybe even these confident men have these "unworthy" thoughts? *shrugs* So I guess the difference is in the level of confidence. And that's what makes Jack different from the ordinary character. Even though Sam is with another guy, Jack is aware enough to see that she isn't happy and he isn't afraid to let her see how he feels about her. Does he (or even she) straight out say these things? No. They don't need to. Actions speak louder than words.
          And the bolded is why we disagree. You see him showing her, I see him absolutely doing everything to conceal it and hide it from her. At the end of Grace when he tries to hide how happy he is, in Lost City when he tells her the reason he saved her was because she was important to the *nation*, in Affinity when he has to know she's giving him an opportunity to tell her not to marry Pete and he deflects it and keeps in non-personal instead of giving any indication *he* cares personally... I know you see the complete opposite in all these moments, which is why we are destined to forever disagree, but I just can't see a single moment when he is open and honest with her in his emotions until that moment in Threads when he goes in to her as Jacob is dying and I think, for the first time when he says "Always," she sees his true emotions once again on his face for nearly the first time since D&C. *We've* seen it since then, but I really think she hasn't. If she had, I don't think she would have been as obviously nervous about approaching him on his back deck in Threads and telling him she still loves him. There's nothing scary about telling someone you know loves you that you still love him. And the way she keeps repeating, "Sorry I'm bothering you"... No one could possibly think a man would be bothered by having the woman he loves tell him she doesn't want to marry someone else because she still loves him. Her actions in that scene just don't make sense (to me) if she still knows he loves her.

As for his actions telling her, I think Sam's comments in Prodigy are telling, that Jack would rather risk himself than one of his team. And she also knows that 'no one is left behind.' The things Jack does for her are things he'd do for ANYONE he's responsible for. She doesn't see the added desperation in his attitude in episodes like Desperate Measures and Grace that we the audience does, and thus can't possibly *know* he's doing it for her because he still loves her. And as I said above, the one time she gets close to asking, in Lost City, he tells her it's because she's a 'national treasure' and not that he still 'cares more than he's supposed to.'

But of course I don't expect to change your mind. I'm just posting the counter-argument.

Comment

Wouldn't it be cool if this were true?
            http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...1#post11452430
            But, they're probably just kidding around.

Comment

Originally posted by VSS View Post
              How awful is it that I cried over the first spoiler and barely noticed the second?
              sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

Numbers 1 and 3 not so much--

Number 2--YES! As long as the other person involved is the right person. . .

sigpic
                My Stories: FFdotNet
                My Stories AO3
                Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

Originally posted by VSS View Post
                  2 would be great!
                  1 and 3 would make me cry
                  sigpic
                  Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Comment

How awful is it that I cried over the first spoiler and barely noticed the second?
                    How funny is that we're spoilering our reactions to the spoiler?
                    sigpic
                    My Stories AO3

Comment

Originally posted by Akamaimom View Post
                      How funny is that we're spoilering our reactions to the spoiler?
                      Yes, we should spoiler every tiny little comment about that spoiler. Although who knows if it's even correct, folks can interpret what is going on by our reactions. I shouldn't have probably even said it would be "cool".

Comment

Well, usually, I stay waay away from spoilers. I'm just not 100% sure that the movies are going to be ok, so I caved and read the spoilers. I also know that other people are just as, if not more, in advoidance of spoilers. So I tried to be non-specific.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Treknik View Post
                          I just watched last week's episode of House (yes, I know, I'm slow) and something the patient said sounded like something Jack would say about Sam.

William (Patient): She's with a great guy . . . smart, treats her well . . . and will have a great life with him. I could do everything I could for her, but even at my best it wouldn't be much. She deserves the best. I'd rather her be happy even if I'm not.

This is the patient's response to the question "Why don't you go after the woman you love? asked by Thirteen. I immediately thought of Sam and Jack when he said that. Is this how men think? Even when this man followed the Knight's noble creed, he still didn't think he was good enough. In Affinity, Jack did the same thing. I'd rather her be happy even if I'm not. And boy did it show in Season 8.
                          I just caught up on this ep last night and I was definitely thinking *exactly* the same thing!!!!! Great minds, eh?

Comment

So, would she?

Spoiler:
                            Would Sam, during a leave of absence, carry a weapon with her? All the cops that I know carry weapons at all times--would Sam feel the need to carry, knowing what she knows about the bad guys out there?
                            sigpic
                            My Stories AO3

Comment

So, would she?

Spoiler:
                              Would Sam, during a leave of absence, carry a weapon with her? All the cops that I know carry weapons at all times--would Sam feel the need to carry, knowing what she knows about the bad guys out there?
                              Would she?
                              Spoiler:
                              I imagine so. Every ex-military person I know - and there are lots - carry a weapon with them. I would imagine especially after what happened in Desperate Measures she's armed at all times. If not on her person, then a weapon under the seat of her car or something.
                              sigpic

Comment

So, would she?

Spoiler:
                                Spoiler:
                                Well, in "Desperate Measures" she didn't seem to have one on her... but then, she did just come out of the gym..... I think that she just might, especially after the events of "Desperate Measures". Because of her position and the kinds of people that know about her (e.g. The Trust). And where would she keep it, you ask? In her gun bum, of course!!! LOL!

Comment

Working...
                                X